Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I think every employee's primary responsibility is to the person giving them a paycheck.
I think it depends. A teacher's primary responsibility is to hizzer students, not the principal/school board. A doctor's primary responsibility is to hizzer patients, not the hospital or clinic.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

You're right!
BUT! One question remains unanswered...
Are you Hot?
(hint, all inet women are hot)
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
Hey... Hatti here and .. I'm gonna weigh in on the time/post count because .. "I" have both you beat.:)
AND , I have a full time job ... AND I do paperwork for a side home job .. AND I chase after two Teenagers ... LOL !!
Have A great Weekend!!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

..pot meet kettle...
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking if someone has a job sounds pugnacious and in your face. Asking if you are working has a differrnt connotation, more inquisitive and less aggressive.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. Nice post!
Thanks! Always nice to have a new face around here :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
..pot meet kettle...
<quoted text>
Nice to meet you, wanna spoon?

Pffft

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Oh sure. I go home sick from work and spend the entire afternoon sleeping, and THAT'S when you guys get interesting.
;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone loves the 800 lb. gorilla, eh? Then how come in poll after poll of the most hated teams, you see the same names: Yankees, Lakers, USC, Notre Dame, Duke, Cowboys.
Reading comprehension fail. Everyone wants THEIR team to be the 800 pound gorilla. No one hopes for their team to be the underdog. You think any fan of the Yankees, Lakers, USC, Cowboys, Duke has any envy for the Cubs, Clippers, Akron Zips, Detroit Lions, or FGCU?

How many fans of those teams would gladly trade fortunes with the Yankees, Lakers, USC, Notre Dame, Duke, Cowboys and become the 800 pound gorilla instead of being its meal or sitting hungry watching the gorilla devour another victim?

If a team wins without breaking the rules, any complaints about how they did it are sour grapes and jealousy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I want my teams to win, but if they lose, I don't really care much. I mean, I don't get emotionally invested to the degree where five minutesa fter a big loss, I'm still upset about it.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? No difference? Rutgers basketball players with zero NBA prospects as compared with athletes whose professinal-caliber potential was recognized when they were freshmen in high school, who had all kinds of people watching over them and watching out for them, who went into the NBA with advisors and agents and PR people, and you see no difference. Interesting. Do you really think that if any of them had gone to college, their coach would have even considered for one nanosecond kicking them or throwing a ball at their head or calling them a f'ing fa&&ot?
Sorry, did not know you were an NBA talent scout. She did not make any distinction based on talent. Just that they were not pros. Nowadays, by rule, they can't go straight to the NBA. So many of those players are one and done. But they now have to go to college. Based on Jess's statement, those players would be included in the group "college players". I stand by my statement.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Oh, just admit he's right, it doesnt have to be true, but is saves a lot on time that you could better spend doing something else than chatting with an idiot.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Reading comprehension fail. Everyone wants THEIR team to be the 800 pound gorilla. No one hopes for their team to be the underdog. You think any fan of the Yankees, Lakers, USC, Cowboys, Duke has any envy for the Cubs, Clippers, Akron Zips, Detroit Lions, or FGCU?
How many fans of those teams would gladly trade fortunes with the Yankees, Lakers, USC, Notre Dame, Duke, Cowboys and become the 800 pound gorilla instead of being its meal or sitting hungry watching the gorilla devour another victim?
If a team wins without breaking the rules, any complaints about how they did it are sour grapes and jealousy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, did not know you were an NBA talent scout. She did not make any distinction based on talent. Just that they were not pros. Nowadays, by rule, they can't go straight to the NBA. So many of those players are one and done. But they now have to go to college. Based on Jess's statement, those players would be included in the group "college players". I stand by my statement.
I think the one and done thing hurts college programs -- not just with basketball. They go to college, eat up some scholarship money, play for a year, then go pro. I'd rather that scholarship money go to student athletes who want to be a part of the program for four years.

However, they're doing what the rest of us would do: Get to making the big bucks as quickly as we're allowed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Well, my weekend has changed. Tonight was date night. We were going to make tomato soup and grilled cheese, then go shopping for new softball cleats for me, then go back home to watch Sin city (i've seen it, Nick hasn't -- awesome movie).

But I've had some issues today. Then a coworker (who sits right next to me)has been sick for a week, and her husband has had similar issues the last couple of days, and she called to tell us her dehydrated husband passed out in the bathroom and had to go to the ER (this morning, she wasn't at work yet). They said he has the Syndey flu (which isn't covered by this season's flu shots). Two bags of IV fluids, CT scan (for the huge bump on his head), bruised ribs, among other things.

given that Nick has kids, I just couldn't risk this being a serious illness then getting them sick, which he greatly appreciates. But we were really looking forward to tonight. But I'd rather be home. Alone.

With no television (thanks to Comcast, but I'll have TV sometime next week).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Well, my weekend has changed. Tonight was date night. We were going to make tomato soup and grilled cheese, then go shopping for new softball cleats for me, then go back home to watch Sin city (i've seen it, Nick hasn't -- awesome movie.
Have you ever tried goat cheese in tomato soup? It is really yummy, if you like goat cheese that is.

Sin City disturbed me for days. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
You're right!
BUT! One question remains unanswered...
Are you Hot?
(hint, all inet women are hot)
<quoted text>
Smokin' HOT , rich and famous !! It pays to be me :)

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! Always nice to have a new face around here :)
Thanks . I've really enjoyed some of the discussions and the "sparring" amongst posters .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever tried goat cheese in tomato soup? It is really yummy, if you like goat cheese that is.
Sin City disturbed me for days. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
I have! At a Greek place! Oh man great idea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Feta cheese, actually. Yum.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

I think I'm in like with you!
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Smokin' HOT , rich and famous !! It pays to be me :)

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

My Kiddo arrives today! Going to spend a week with me, cant wait. I will be working 1/2 days (at a job I may or not have), which is ok since she is not a morning person anyway.

So if Stool says anything moronic (I know, what are the odds) and I dont catch it, please just cut and paste them into a PM to me, and I will bash her when I have the chance.

Enjoy!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
My Kiddo arrives today! Going to spend a week with me, cant wait. I will be working 1/2 days (at a job I may or not have), which is ok since she is not a morning person anyway.

So if Stool says anything moronic (I know, what are the odds) and I dont catch it, please just cut and paste them into a PM to me, and I will bash her when I have the chance.

Enjoy!
Make sure she sets up your FB account, old man!

Have fun :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,521 - 82,540 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min Frijoles 68,177
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,602
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 25 min newpoly 1,834
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min NJ GUN CONTROL 1,073,283
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,787
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 1 hr Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Independent1 4,489
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000