Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Timmy wrote:
You think the reason SHE posts a lot may be because she does not work? By that criteria, you must have been out of work for several years. You post at a rate 2.5 times what she does and higher than anyone else here.
<quoted text>
Hey hey hey, don't confront him with too much reality.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yankees do suck, though.
You'll have to speak a bit louder. Its a bit hard for noise to penetrate the wall built by 27 World Series trophies.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Did anyone else see the gaffe by the Tampa Bay Rays? Their mascot was walking around with a sign that said "To Do List: 1. Steve Irwin [crossed off] 2. World Series"
Wow.
Not live, but the pictures was all over teh net later.
Not funny.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

More on the Steve Irwin sign.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/ra...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to speak a bit louder. Its a bit hard for noise to penetrate the wall built by 27 World Series trophies.
Iith the money spent on slaries for that team over the years, it is proof that you can buy anything.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to speak a bit louder. Its a bit hard for noise to penetrate the wall built by 27 World Series trophies.
Those trophies were bought fair and square.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Iith the money spent on slaries for that team over the years, it is proof that you can buy anything.
Exactly. The Yankers can take very little pride in those trophies. I love when underdog teams with much smaller payrolls beat them.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I did not know if she had a flipping job or not....THATS WHY I ASKED HER!

I also have been on her since 2009, she has been here less than a year, so as it stands I post about 450 post a month and she is running @300 Not a huge diff, and she is still new to the game.
Timmy wrote:
You think the reason SHE posts a lot may be because she does not work? By that criteria, you must have been out of work for several years. You post at a rate 2.5 times what she does and higher than anyone else here.
<quoted text>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
That's pretty tasteless.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:

He is in school for sports marketing? Ugh!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

OMG from the carolyn hax live chat:

Friends in need
Hi Carol, Our friend's wife lost her job several years ago and they have had a tough time since then. Because my husband and I are in a fortunate position, we buy them grocery gift cards periodically. We recently found out that our friend's wife has turned down several jobs because "they don't feed my soul." We are aghast and do not want to continue to help them. However, they literally do not have food on their table some weeks. Should we say something or just stop helping them? Thanks!
April 05, 2013 8:49 AM Permalink
A.
Carolyn Hax :
Stop helping, say nothing.

I'm not sure whether typing that fed my soul or snatched its plate away, but the answer makes sense to me regardless.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The Yankers can take very little pride in those trophies. I love when underdog teams with much smaller payrolls beat them.
I could not care less what a team's bankroll is. The NBA has a salary cap and a luxury tax penalty for those who go over the cap. You think the small town team that wins while staying under the cap has more to celebrate than the big city team that's paying the luxury tax? I think you're in the minority. I think most people want their team to win period and don't care about the payroll.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I did not know if she had a flipping job or not....THATS WHY I ASKED HER!
I also have been on her since 2009, she has been here less than a year, so as it stands I post about 450 post a month and she is running @300 Not a huge diff, and she is still new to the game.
<quoted text>
So in addition to your deficient logic and reasoning skills, your math ain't none too good neither.

Race's 28,213 posts in the 50 months since 2/09 = 564 posts/month.

Toj's 2,354 posts in the 9 months since 7/12 = 261 posts/month.

OOPS!!! I am sure that was just a convenient yet honest mistake on your part. 564 is fully double 261, so you're posting twice as often as her. Is that still "not a huge diff?" Dum dum.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Not live, but the pictures was all over teh net later.
Not funny.
Oh, come on, it's a *little* funny, although inappropriate. He was killed almost six years ago. I can see it not being funny if it just happened last year, but six years is plenty of time to not be so sensitive about it. Hell, when Whitney Houston died, there were jokes floating around the next day or two. Same with princess Dianna. Lighten up a little, folks. Any good Roger Ebert jokes yet?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Tim Pernetti, the Athletic Director at Rutgers, has resigned. In his letter, he says that he wanted to fire Mike Rice in November, but was overruled by HR and the lawyers. It was his job to advocate for the student athletes and he failed them in this case. I just love how no one wants to speak out against what is obviously wrong to most of the country until they have already lost their jobs. It's all about money.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketball/her...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Tim Pernetti, the Athletic Director at Rutgers, has resigned. In his letter, he says that he wanted to fire Mike Rice in November, but was overruled by HR and the lawyers. It was his job to advocate for the student athletes and he failed them in this case. I just love how no one wants to speak out against what is obviously wrong to most of the country until they have already lost their jobs. It's all about money.
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketball/her...
I also don't believe him, that he wanted to fire Mike Rice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I could not care less what a team's bankroll is. The NBA has a salary cap and a luxury tax penalty for those who go over the cap. You think the small town team that wins while staying under the cap has more to celebrate than the big city team that's paying the luxury tax? I think you're in the minority. I think most people want their team to win period and don't care about the payroll.
I disagree. there's A LOT of hatred/resentment over the Yankees' payroll being the reason they can bring in the best players. That's why it's extra awesome when they lose.

NBA: What's the point in a salary cap if it's not enforced? Big deal, luxry tax penalty. If a market is big enough that they can afford to break the salary cap, they can afford the penalty. What a joke.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I could not care less what a team's bankroll is. The NBA has a salary cap and a luxury tax penalty for those who go over the cap. You think the small town team that wins while staying under the cap has more to celebrate than the big city team that's paying the luxury tax? I think you're in the minority. I think most people want their team to win period and don't care about the payroll.
Disagree. First, the point wasn't whether or not Yankees fans want their team to win. Of course they do, that's the definition of a fan. The issue is whether or not there is any measure of pride in winning with the highest payroll. And I certainly agree with Angela and I think many people would. If I was the Yankees and I didn't win I'd be embarrassed. I don't know who has what payroll, but every time I hear it talked about the Yankees always have the highest. In fact I just Googled and the Yankees have had the highest payroll for at least the last 14 years. They SHOULD be the best or one of the best teams every year. Are fans happy when they succeed? Sure. But is there any particular "pride" in winning when you should and it's expected? I don't think so. Conversely, is there pride in beating someone with 30, 40, 50 percent more resources than you have? Of course.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I also don't believe him, that he wanted to fire Mike Rice.
He was interviewed on ESPN the day the video broke and he was adamant that this was a one-time thing, that they had taken it very seriously and handed down a very appropriate punishment and that he and the university had done all they should have.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Tim Pernetti, the Athletic Director at Rutgers, has resigned. In his letter, he says that he wanted to fire Mike Rice in November, but was overruled by HR and the lawyers.
Do you buy his story?
Jess in NJ wrote:
I just love how no one wants to speak out against what is obviously wrong to most of the country until they have already lost their jobs.
Not defending him, but don't you think that's human nature? If you are informed that making a certain decision can put your job in jeopardy, but making different one would not, don't you think most people would, lean toward self preservation before worrying about others?

If him not firing Rice was due to the possible bad press of having these events exposed in public, then I can't cut him any slack. But when the lawyers are telling you not to do something, you need to pay attention. Not to say this was no big deal, but this was no Penn State. These were not little kids getting molested. These were grown ass men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,095,563
Abby 8-21 19 min Mister Tonka 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 27 min CitiZen9 3,910
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 176,762
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 46,229
Defense Logistics Support 1 hr Its me Albie 1
Amy 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE