Comments
82,421 - 82,440 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 38 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83569 Apr 4, 2013
Matilda: Love the avatar.

Everybody: Mike Rice? Some coach (or assistant coach, the radio n ews wasn't clear) was "abusing" his players? Can someone give me the cliff notes version? I have no idea who he is or who he coaches.

Location hidden

#83570 Apr 4, 2013
Tonka: read the movie review (was it tonka who posted it?) and it's great. This part is the best (I have read more than once that Rob Schneider is a huge vaheena).

The movie created a spot of controversy last February. According to a story by Larry Carroll of MTV News, Rob Schneider took offense when Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times listed this year's Best Picture Nominees and wrote that they were "ignored, unloved and turned down flat by most of the same studios that ... bankroll hundreds of sequels, including a follow-up to 'Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,' a film that was sadly overlooked at Oscar time because apparently nobody had the foresight to invent a category for Best Running Penis Joke Delivered by a Third-Rate Comic."

Schneider retaliated by attacking Goldstein in full-page ads in Daily Variety and the Hollywood Reporter. In an open letter to Goldstein, Schneider wrote: "Well, Mr. Goldstein, I decided to do some research to find out what awards you have won. I went online and found that you have won nothing. Absolutely nothing. No journalistic awards of any kind ... Maybe you didn't win a Pulitzer Prize because they haven't invented a category for Best Third-Rate, Unfunny Pompous Reporter Who's Never Been Acknowledged by His Peers."

Reading this, I was about to observe that Schneider can dish it out but he can't take it. Then I found he's not so good at dishing it out, either. I went online and found that Patrick Goldstein has won a National Headliner Award, a Los Angeles Press Club Award, a RockCritics.com award, and the Publicists' Guild award for lifetime achievement.

Schneider was nominated for a 2000 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, but lost to Jar-Jar Binks.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83571 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
He does not push his kids into sports, and they like sports and are very good for their ages, I think, but his ultimate dream would be for his kids to be good enough at a sport to play it in college. He'd cry.
I knew I was in full on dad mode when I stopped daydreaming about being the next Peyton Manning and started daydreaming about being the next Archie Manning.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83572 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Everybody: Mike Rice? Some coach (or assistant coach, the radio n ews wasn't clear) was "abusing" his players? Can someone give me the cliff notes version? I have no idea who he is or who he coaches.
Rutgers. Jess' alma mater

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83573 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Rutgers. Jess's alma mater.

Lots of footage of him at practice abusing players. He works himself into a frenzy. Throwing balls at players(at their feet, at their chest, head, from the front, to the back of the head), hitting players, one shot of him delivering a forearm shiver to the back of a player who had no idea he was about to get hit. Calling them f'ing fairies, f'ing faggots).

AD saw video and suspended him for 3 games last year. Video made pulic recently and he now fired him because of the public outcry. Now people want AD fired for not taking the proper action last year.

Here's the original story(
) but there's been more footage aired since then.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83574 Apr 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

I posted this and a link to the ESPN story when it first broke nationally, before they fired him.

The assistant coach Jimmy Martelli, nicknamed "Baby Rice", resigned the same day Mike Rice was fired. He has the same coaching style and was on the video.

It is especially a big deal for Rutgers because after Tyler Clementi's suicide, the university has been pushing their anti-bullying and anti-discrimination measures. Mike Rice was screaming at his players, calling them f'ing fairies and f'ing f*****s. One player transferred and Eric Murdock, who is the whistleblower and no longer employed by the school, said that the player's nickname was "Lithuanian f****t".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83575 Apr 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Here's a funny Ebert review someone directed me to.
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...
Really loved this guy's work and will miss Roger Ebert....Perhap's now, he can do his reviews with Gene, once again.....

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83576 Apr 5, 2013

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83577 Apr 5, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83578 Apr 5, 2013
Here's anotehr blurb I just read on Mike Rice.

Rice so frequently let anti-gay name-calling fly, according to Murdock, that he even berated a 10-year-old at a camp for younger players that the flip-flops he’d shown up in “are for fa--ots.”

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83579 Apr 5, 2013
Brilliant minds and all that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83580 Apr 5, 2013
Why do you evade answering?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask?

Neda, stay with me!

#83581 Apr 5, 2013
You can never get too much StarTrek.

And you really should cut down on your college fixations...Your're a grown ass man for cripes sake, start acting like one!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Netflix? Worthless! Netflix is not gonna replace ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports, Sunshine, NBATV, & TNT. I could 2 give shits about mythbusters and star trek(star trek? WTF? Watxhing it whwn you were 10 wasn't enough? You need another Shatner fix?) I want my ESPN College Gameday. I wanna see Corso's head gear. I want college football running from 10am till the midnight wrap up. I want Sunshine's Sunday replay of the mighty Nole's dominating win from Saturday. I want my Inside the NBA with the Jet and the Chuck Wagon. My TNT game of the night. Fan's choice Wednesday.
Netflix? Psshht!

Neda, stay with me!

#83582 Apr 5, 2013
But with the savings you could easily buy one. I bought a 32HD for 300 So it was paid off after 5 months of no cable.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to email this to nick. I don't think my TV is HD, for one thing, but he knows.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83583 Apr 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
You can never get too much StarTrek.
And you really should cut down on your college fixations...Your're a grown ass man for cripes sake, start acting like one!
<quoted text>
Yes. I'll give up sports and watch a tv show that was popular when I was a child. That'll solidify my standing as a grown ass man.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83585 Apr 5, 2013
Both Abbys are broken.

Location hidden

#83586 Apr 5, 2013
Happy Friday!!!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83587 Apr 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Happy Friday!!!
So tired.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83588 Apr 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Both Abbys are broken.
??? I just posted a response to the letters on the Abby I posted.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83589 Apr 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>??? I just posted a response to the letters on the Abby I posted.
You posted them so they're gonna show up for you. But they're gone for the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Patrick 1,100,151
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min LRS 177,370
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 1 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Amy 8-29 4 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••