Comments
82,401 - 82,420 of 97,935 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#83549 Apr 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Matilda-
I just realized that you can post on Topix while you are in India like Aisle Sitter did from Germany and Sublime did from Scandanavia.
How cosmopolitan we are getting!
I'm hoping to make my way back there later this summer, but we shall see. I actually never got over being jet lagged the whole time I was there.
Toj

Greensboro, NC

#83550 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Book club: Well, maybe everyone who is interested throws their hat into the ring, we plug the names into a randomizer website, and the first person gets to pick a book and we have X weeks (2-4?) to read it and discuss.
When it's my turn to pick, this is the book we will be reading:

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Down-Voyager-Hbj-Bo...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83551 Apr 4, 2013
I'm going to pick "The JOy of Sex." The hairy 1970s version.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83552 Apr 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have bad news for you. I don't think by book club they are contemplating forming a picture book, book club.
I feel sorry for you that your job doesn't hold enough interest for you that you have to resort to things like this to entertain yourself.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#83553 Apr 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you that your job doesn't hold enough interest for you that you have to resort to things like this to entertain yourself.
Don't feel too sorry for me. Things could be much worse for me. I could be you!

:D

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83554 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm going to pick "The JOy of Sex." The hairy 1970s version.
I'm seconding this. J can read it with me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83555 Apr 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Matilda-

I just realized that you can post on Topix while you are in India like Aisle Sitter did from Germany and Sublime did from Scandanavia.

How cosmopolitan we are getting!
I know!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83556 Apr 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Meh, was never a huge fan. Thought his taste in movies sucked.
Don't be all butthurt because he didn't like "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". ;-)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83557 Apr 4, 2013
Do you have a job?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83558 Apr 4, 2013
Book club book: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/americas-long...

Seriously, if I'm gonna be in the book club you all are going to have to read all my assigned reading so that I can feel like one of the cool kids.:D

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83559 Apr 4, 2013
Oh, and about cable tv... Yanno, you can just ditch them all and get HD over the air. Sure fewer channels, but that is what netflix is for.

I quit cable 3 yrs ago, and have not missed it a minute. Watched all the Mythbusters I wanted, every startrek episode ever written and tons of kung fu movies. And there is still more to see.

So instead of $60 a month, I pay $8 Diff of $52 X 36 =$1872 That is a 60" HD tv to you and me!

Just sayin....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83560 Apr 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be all butthurt because he didn't like "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". ;-)
Here's a funny Ebert review someone directed me to.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83561 Apr 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Seriously, if I'm gonna be in the book club you all are going to have to read all my assigned reading so that I can feel like one of the cool kids.:D
Make JamWow read this one!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bowden-mike-f...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83562 Apr 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a funny Ebert review someone directed me to.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...
Ha!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#83563 Apr 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Make JamWow read this one!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bowden-mike-f...
Haha! I already told you my opinion of Bobby Bowden (and its not bad).

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83564 Apr 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Do you have a job?
<quoted text>
Why do you ask?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83565 Apr 4, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:

No offense, but I don't want to read anything with the word "longest" in the title.:-P

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83566 Apr 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Oh, and about cable tv... Yanno, you can just ditch them all and get HD over the air. Sure fewer channels, but that is what netflix is for.
Netflix? Worthless! Netflix is not gonna replace ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports, Sunshine, NBATV, & TNT. I could 2 give shits about mythbusters and star trek(star trek? WTF? Watxhing it whwn you were 10 wasn't enough? You need another Shatner fix?) I want my ESPN College Gameday. I wanna see Corso's head gear. I want college football running from 10am till the midnight wrap up. I want Sunshine's Sunday replay of the mighty Nole's dominating win from Saturday. I want my Inside the NBA with the Jet and the Chuck Wagon. My TNT game of the night. Fan's choice Wednesday.

Netflix? Psshht!

Location hidden

#83567 Apr 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
I quit cable 3 yrs ago, and have not missed it a minute. Watched all the Mythbusters I wanted, every startrek episode ever written and tons of kung fu movies. And there is still more to see.
So instead of $60 a month, I pay $8 Diff of $52 X 36 =$1872 That is a 60" HD tv to you and me!
Just sayin....
I had to email this to nick. I don't think my TV is HD, for one thing, but he knows.

Location hidden

#83568 Apr 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Netflix? Worthless! Netflix is not gonna replace ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports, Sunshine, NBATV, & TNT. I could 2 give shits about mythbusters and star trek(star trek? WTF? Watxhing it whwn you were 10 wasn't enough? You need another Shatner fix?) I want my ESPN College Gameday. I wanna see Corso's head gear. I want college football running from 10am till the midnight wrap up. I want Sunshine's Sunday replay of the mighty Nole's dominating win from Saturday. I want my Inside the NBA with the Jet and the Chuck Wagon. My TNT game of the night. Fan's choice Wednesday.
Netflix? Psshht!
Oh, I'd enjoy Star Trek the Next generatin! I loved that show.

Sports: T hat is why Nick has cable. I don't think he'd stay sane if he had to go without sports on TV. He enjoys mythbusters and the shows he and I watch, but he can live without them (I think being a single dad with a 5yo and a newborn cured him of TV habits pretty quickly).

I hear more details about more games than I ever need to. nick will even retell great plays he knows I was there to see. He does not push his kids into sports, and they like sports and are very good for their ages, I think, but his ultimate dream would be for his kids to be good enough at a sport to play it in college. He'd cry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min woodtick57 1,100,259
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min KiMerde 49,506
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 33 min kyjeepman 1,453
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min SpaceBlues 46,324
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 52 min Dems Suk 1,904
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 54 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 55 min Union Corrupt 7,561
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago