“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83508 Apr 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
Exactly, if you can wait for a cop to shoot you, you can jump off a bridge and wait for the ground to hit you.
<quoted text>
Wonder if he had a life insurance policy for his family that would not pay out for suicide.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#83509 Apr 3, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder if he had a life insurance policy for his family that would not pay out for suicide.
dont know about life insurance in particular, but many other policies that i work with specifically exclude intentional acts, and suicide in particular.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83510 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was a mferladen rant against comcast.
We just had a fascinating account content deal with Comcast...leaving me feeling, they have been screwing customers for years......

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83511 Apr 4, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83512 Apr 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We just had a fascinating account content deal with Comcast...leaving me feeling, they have been screwing customers for years......
account content? as in what the terms of a specific deal were? Not sure I understand the term- not prying into specifics

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83513 Apr 4, 2013
Good morning, people. It's a good hair day. I even shaved my legs this morning (they were getting so bad, they were bothering even me!). So now I can go to the gym tomorrow. ;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83514 Apr 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
account content? as in what the terms of a specific deal were? Not sure I understand the term- not prying into specifics
For years we have had phone-internet-cable with Comcast w/all premium channels...approx $230 monthly....decided to lose premium channels, so were told it would be $169 plus tax and to call back on 3-22.....When called on 3-22, the lady spoke to her superior...then came back at $168 plus tax, including same premium channels as before......bewildering?.....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#83515 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was a mferladen rant against comcast.
In the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich (Katherine Hegl apparently butchered the character in "One for the Money")*everyone* says "those f*ckers" whenever the cable company is mentioned.

I laugh every time I read it because it is so true.

Location hidden

#83516 Apr 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>For years we have had phone-internet-cable with Comcast w/all premium channels...approx $230 monthly....decided to lose premium channels, so were told it would be $169 plus tax and to call back on 3-22.....When called on 3-22, the lady spoke to her superior...then came back at $168 plus tax, including same premium channels as before......bewildering?.....
A coworker called b/c her cable bill (already big) went up, and she actually ended up getting more channels for less money, without that being her intent!

Location hidden

#83517 Apr 4, 2013
squishy, we should do a Topix book club!:)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83518 Apr 4, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich (Katherine Hegl apparently butchered the character in "One for the Money")*everyone* says "those f*ckers" whenever the cable company is mentioned.
I laugh every time I read it because it is so true.
So true!

And dumping Comcast for Uverse was my favorite part of moving last December.

Katherine Heigl wasn't as terrible as I'd anticipated in that movie, actually. But my expectations were set pretty low.

Miami, FL

#83519 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm in!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83520 Apr 4, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in!
Ditto!

Might I recommend "Bastard Out Of Carolina" by Dorothy Allison. I'm reading it now for my IRL book club. It's an easy read that makes you feel grateful for your own life.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83521 Apr 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>For years we have had phone-internet-cable with Comcast w/all premium channels...approx $230 monthly....decided to lose premium channels, so were told it would be $169 plus tax and to call back on 3-22.....When called on 3-22, the lady spoke to her superior...then came back at $168 plus tax, including same premium channels as before......bewildering?.....
They have new promotions running all the time. That is very frustrating to me, because many of them are not advertised (at least not well), so you have to call when your current promo ends and see what they are offering that is comparable. Sometimes it's a better deal, sometimes you have to do some prioritizing.

Also, it depends on which customer service agent you get on the phone. Most of them around here are awesome and work with you if you are nice to them. Occasionally I will get one who makes me want to bang the phone against my forehead multiple times.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83522 Apr 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Ditto!

Might I recommend "Bastard Out Of Carolina" by Dorothy Allison. I'm reading it now for my IRL book club. It's an easy read that makes you feel grateful for your own life.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will have to look for that today.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83523 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
New thread? Regs Reading Group?

Evanston IL

#83524 Apr 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I've never been in a book club, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

What should we start with?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83525 Apr 4, 2013
It took me from Christmas until two days ago to get through the previous book I was on, "The Birth Order Book" by Kevin Lehman. Suddenly, it's nice enough to sit outside with the dogs and I've got that one finished and "Bastard" almost done. Heh. Warm weather rules. Soon I'll have my maple tree to sit under in the shade.

Evanston IL

#83527 Apr 4, 2013
this guy has waaaay too much time on his hands.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/engrav...

Miami, FL

#83528 Apr 4, 2013
Come on, people, pick it up. I'm bored!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,679
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min KiMare 50,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr King Clutch 1,129,383
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IBdaMann 47,596
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]