United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Is something going on in the world other than RU basketball? You wouldn't know it from where I sit.
You mean something has over-shadowed gay marriage??

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it comes to the second amendment, right...?
What's your point?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean something has over-shadowed gay marriage??
Sorry, but when a civil rights issue is argued before the Supreme Court, it gets a little attention, ya homophobe.

You prefer gun control, the economy or Kim Kardashian?

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
That's right, I keep forgetting you're a little slow so I'll spell it out for you: weren't you criticizing NC for picking and choosing what part of the constitution they want to follow? Isn't that what you're doing? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it is. It showed up a few minutes after I posted. Jmw posted in there too.
And you people are like dogs chasing their tails! Sometimes the posts don't always show up right away, chillax, grab some coffee, and give it a few minutes. Refresh your screen. Do I need to leave an instruction manual next time? Warning: I probably won't post tomorrow either, more craziness going on, you people gonna be alright?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And you people are like dogs chasing their tails! Sometimes the posts don't always show up right away, chillax, grab some coffee, and give it a few minutes.?
??? That's what I said.
Mister Tonka wrote:
I posted Amy too, but its not showing up. Not sure if it crapped out completely or if it will eventually show up like sometimes happens

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, I keep forgetting you're a little slow so I'll spell it out for you: weren't you criticizing NC for picking and choosing what part of the constitution they want to follow? Isn't that what you're doing? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?
I know you referenced the 2nd Amendment, right to bear arms. How am I picking and choosing?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I gave it several minutes, the column still wasn't showing, so I reposted. no biggie.

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you referenced the 2nd Amendment, right to bear arms. How am I picking and choosing?
Sigh, guess I'll have to go slower still...

You do not believe people should have the right to bear arms.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I gave it several minutes, the column still wasn't showing, so I reposted. no biggie.
I know. I was just teasing you because you kept saying it wasn't showing, but to the rest of us it was. JOKING.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh, guess I'll have to go slower still...
You do not believe people should have the right to bear arms.
Good God you're stupid. I have NEVER EVER NEVER said that. I have said that right is not absolute and that not everyone (felons, mentally ill, etc.) should be able to have a gun and those that do have guns should be properly screened and guns should be registered. The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee the absolute right of very citizen to have a gun. It provides for a WELL REGULATE MILITIA. I realize that critical thinking is not your strong suit, but if you read it enough times, maybe it will sink in.

Oh, and on a more obvious note, my personal opinion or your personal opinion on something is a little different than action taken by a state legislature.

I am guessing that people don't want this thread gunked up with more gun talk, so if you want to continue, go ahead and start a different thread and I'll join you over there.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Is something going on in the world other than RU basketball? You wouldn't know it from where I sit.
as soon as i heard about it, i thought of you...

meantime, out here we ahve an attempted suicide-by-cop - guy walks into a police dept saying he was in a car accident and needs to file a report. cop eventually comes out, guy pulls a weapon and doesn't respond to commands. cop shoots. this is in the lobby of hte F'n police department!! later this morning, saw an updated story on the news taht they guy had a note in his pocket saying he had terminal cancer and couldn't off himself. so far, he's survived and now has a felony aggravated assualt charge to show for this.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this earlier. Not sure how/why they think they can make state laws that fly in the face of the constitution, the same constitution that all of the original 13 agreed to abide (ratified) when we became the "United" States, tenth amendment or not. Of course I'm to busy to get up in arms about it right now. Maybe during the summer break. If I get one. <sigh>
Their argument is that the First Amendment states that Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion. The Constitution also says that things not specifically covered under the Constitution are left up to the States. Since the State is looking to make this law, not Congress, the lawmakers don't see it as being contrary to the Constitution.

I hate (yes, I used that word) people who try to argue the letter of the law and intentionally circumvent the spirit of the law.

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
The Constitution also says that things not specifically covered under the Constitution are left up to the States. Since the State is looking to make this law, not Congress, the lawmakers don't see it as being contrary to the Constitution.
Perfect! Then the Supreme Court has no business ruling that gay marriage should be recognized by the federal government and instead should leave that up to individual states.

Unless... people want to pick and choose which parts of the constitution they want to abide by...

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect! Then the Supreme Court has no business ruling that gay marriage should be recognized by the federal government and instead should leave that up to individual states.
Unless... people want to pick and choose which parts of the constitution they want to abide by...
Wow, you really don't even understand what you're arguing about. Go back and pass a few high school history courses, then come back and try again.

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really don't even understand what you're arguing about. Go back and pass a few high school history courses, then come back and try again.
Enlighten me. Which part of the constitution covers marriage?

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
as soon as i heard about it, i thought of you...
meantime, out here we ahve an attempted suicide-by-cop - guy walks into a police dept saying he was in a car accident and needs to file a report. cop eventually comes out, guy pulls a weapon and doesn't respond to commands. cop shoots. this is in the lobby of hte F'n police department!! later this morning, saw an updated story on the news taht they guy had a note in his pocket saying he had terminal cancer and couldn't off himself. so far, he's survived and now has a felony aggravated assualt charge to show for this.
I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone facing a terminal cancer diagnosis, but what a selfish a$$hat!

On the one hand, I'm glad he didn't die because that would be horrible for any office to live with. On the other hand, now the taxpayers have to waste more money on this person.

Jerk.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone facing a terminal cancer diagnosis, but what a selfish a$$hat!
On the one hand, I'm glad he didn't die because that would be horrible for any office to live with. On the other hand, now the taxpayers have to waste more money on this person.
Jerk.
What a really shitty thing to do to a cop.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

BURN!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it comes to the second amendment, right...?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Exactly, if you can wait for a cop to shoot you, you can jump off a bridge and wait for the ground to hit you.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What a really shitty thing to do to a cop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,341 - 82,360 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Olive Oil 1,072,338
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 9 min WeStillPay2PutNaginAway 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,640
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min Hatti_Hollerand 396
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min HughBe 68,160
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 247
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,691
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••