Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,109)

Showing posts 82,161 - 82,180 of96,140
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83274
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>I not passing judgement today, even in jest. I am halfway through the worst Easter I have ever experienced, I have no more tears to cry and this day cannot end soon enough.
:-/. Hope it gets better soon.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83275
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
I am halfway through the worst Easter I have ever experienced, I have no more tears to cry and this day cannot end soon enough.
Cheer up! This day didn't work out too well for the Romans, either!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83276
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I not passing judgement today, even in jest. I am halfway through the worst Easter I have ever experienced, I have no more tears to cry and this day cannot end soon enough.
Not sure what the right words are to say ( although Dog certainly puts it in perspective). Are your men folk being supportive? I'll remember you in grace .

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83277
Mar 31, 2013
 
Sorry you're having a bummer day. Hope you can find solace in remembering that this day is about God's love made flesh and how even death can be triumphed.

Ummm, you are religious right? I get confused with everyone, really need to make a spreadsheet on all of you.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I not passing judgement today, even in jest. I am halfway through the worst Easter I have ever experienced, I have no more tears to cry and this day cannot end soon enough.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83278
Mar 31, 2013
 
Actually a neighbor sent me an email inviting me over. No roasted bunny today.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter bunny roasting on your BBQ?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83279
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I not passing judgement today, even in jest. I am halfway through the worst Easter I have ever experienced, I have no more tears to cry and this day cannot end soon enough.
It sucks when things all seem to happen at once. I'm not going to tell you worse bad anyone else ha it, because you know and that doesn'thelp YOUR situation.

Hang in there. Keep your eyes focused on the future and just know, all those good people who went to the other side, if they can, are there in spirit with you and your family and only want you happy.

You have a few extra angels up there, Jess.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83280
Mar 31, 2013
 
I butchered that.
The first sentence should say:
It sucks when things all seem to happen at one. I'm not going to tell you someone has it worse than you because you know that and it wouldn't help YOUR situation.
(My angels could have helped me a bit with that, but I'm sure they're all up their laughing their butts off.):)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83281
Mar 31, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what the right words are to say ( although Dog certainly puts it in perspective). Are your men folk being supportive? I'll remember you in grace .
I'm the one that needed to be supportive and it was draining me. My FIL was very religious - Polish Catholic - and my MIL thought that it would be a good idea to keep the holiday exactly the same so it would be easier on the kids. She was wrong. Everyone, including my husband, had a breakdown at some point today because there was just a huge piece missing. They didn't even talk about him, there was just a big elephant in the room. Finally my SIL found a picture of him to put out - after 3 hours.

The first holiday is always the hardest, I know.

I took a nap and woke up to see the basketball player on tv who broke his leg and all of the people crying on TV. No more crying today!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83282
Mar 31, 2013
 
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you're having a bummer day. Hope you can find solace in remembering that this day is about God's love made flesh and how even death can be triumphed.

Ummm, you are religious right? I get confused with everyone, really need to make a spreadsheet on all of you.
Yes, Catholic. I just want to be able to comfort those I love and I am feeling helpless again today.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83283
Mar 31, 2013
 
Happy Easter everyone. Jess rsally sorry it's been such a bad day for you...

Gave up on the Macbook but I git a Galaxy tab. Its the 7 inch one. So far, so good.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83284
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one that needed to be supportive and it was draining me. My FIL was very religious - Polish Catholic - and my MIL thought that it would be a good idea to keep the holiday exactly the same so it would be easier on the kids. She was wrong. Everyone, including my husband, had a breakdown at some point today because there was just a huge piece missing. They didn't even talk about him, there was just a big elephant in the room. Finally my SIL found a picture of him to put out - after 3 hours.
The first holiday is always the hardest, I know.
I took a nap and woke up to see the basketball player on tv who broke his leg and all of the people crying on TV. No more crying today!
Aw...[hugs]. Not that much anyone SAYS can help, but at least that first holiday is out of the way now. Time to focus on April Fool's Day...?
;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83285
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one that needed to be supportive and it was draining me. My FIL was very religious - Polish Catholic - and my MIL thought that it would be a good idea to keep the holiday exactly the same so it would be easier on the kids. She was wrong. Everyone, including my husband, had a breakdown at some point today because there was just a huge piece missing. They didn't even talk about him, there was just a big elephant in the room. Finally my SIL found a picture of him to put out - after 3 hours.
The first holiday is always the hardest, I know.
I took a nap and woke up to see the basketball player on tv who broke his leg and all of the people crying on TV. No more crying today!
You have been the rock for so much of the family, both yours and your husbands. You have shared some of you vulnerabilities here and that makes it all the more difficult to watch you soldier on and continue to be strong.

Crying is okay. Crying is okay.You don't have to be strong all the time.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83286
Mar 31, 2013
 
Jess, your family will make their way... I took over tahnksgiving the first year we were married because my grandfatehr had died in august of that year, and we were all foundering for something that year.

at church today i said a prayer of thanks for all the nurses, aides and hospice staff who took care of my gramma.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83287
Apr 1, 2013
 

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83288
Apr 1, 2013
 
Thanks Dog. You back at work?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83289
Apr 1, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter bunny roasting on your BBQ?
See there...i made it here.....Wondering about a new Easter tradition....Rabbit stew with colored eggs, on the side........taste's like chicken or gator.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83290
Apr 1, 2013
 
For April Fool's Day, I bought a bunch of googly eyes and have started afixing them to food items in the kitchen. And the phone inthe kitchen. I keep them in my pocket, so as more people arrive and put their lunches in the fridge, I'll add eyes to them.

“NUK NUK NUK....HEY MOE!”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83291
Apr 1, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
Thanks Dog. You back at work?
lol!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83292
Apr 1, 2013
 
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
And this is laugh-out-loud hilarious why?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83293
Apr 1, 2013
 
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>See there...i made it here.....Wondering about a new Easter tradition....Rabbit stew with colored eggs, on the side........taste's like chicken or gator.....
Chowing down on Gators might be fightin' words in some quarters here.

Glad you found the address.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,161 - 82,180 of96,140
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min killtaker 1,034,242
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 43,013
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,124
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 167,628
Abby 4-19 2 hr Mister Tonka 23
gay (May '13) 2 hr anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 2 hr _Zoey_ 93
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••