“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83282 Mar 31, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you're having a bummer day. Hope you can find solace in remembering that this day is about God's love made flesh and how even death can be triumphed.

Ummm, you are religious right? I get confused with everyone, really need to make a spreadsheet on all of you.
Yes, Catholic. I just want to be able to comfort those I love and I am feeling helpless again today.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83283 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter everyone. Jess rsally sorry it's been such a bad day for you...

Gave up on the Macbook but I git a Galaxy tab. Its the 7 inch one. So far, so good.

West Palm Beach, FL

#83284 Mar 31, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one that needed to be supportive and it was draining me. My FIL was very religious - Polish Catholic - and my MIL thought that it would be a good idea to keep the holiday exactly the same so it would be easier on the kids. She was wrong. Everyone, including my husband, had a breakdown at some point today because there was just a huge piece missing. They didn't even talk about him, there was just a big elephant in the room. Finally my SIL found a picture of him to put out - after 3 hours.
The first holiday is always the hardest, I know.
I took a nap and woke up to see the basketball player on tv who broke his leg and all of the people crying on TV. No more crying today!
Aw...[hugs]. Not that much anyone SAYS can help, but at least that first holiday is out of the way now. Time to focus on April Fool's Day...?
;)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83285 Mar 31, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one that needed to be supportive and it was draining me. My FIL was very religious - Polish Catholic - and my MIL thought that it would be a good idea to keep the holiday exactly the same so it would be easier on the kids. She was wrong. Everyone, including my husband, had a breakdown at some point today because there was just a huge piece missing. They didn't even talk about him, there was just a big elephant in the room. Finally my SIL found a picture of him to put out - after 3 hours.
The first holiday is always the hardest, I know.
I took a nap and woke up to see the basketball player on tv who broke his leg and all of the people crying on TV. No more crying today!
You have been the rock for so much of the family, both yours and your husbands. You have shared some of you vulnerabilities here and that makes it all the more difficult to watch you soldier on and continue to be strong.

Crying is okay. Crying is okay.You don't have to be strong all the time.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#83286 Mar 31, 2013
Jess, your family will make their way... I took over tahnksgiving the first year we were married because my grandfatehr had died in august of that year, and we were all foundering for something that year.

at church today i said a prayer of thanks for all the nurses, aides and hospice staff who took care of my gramma.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#83287 Apr 1, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83288 Apr 1, 2013
Thanks Dog. You back at work?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83289 Apr 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Easter bunny roasting on your BBQ?
See there...i made it here.....Wondering about a new Easter tradition....Rabbit stew with colored eggs, on the side........taste's like chicken or gator.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83290 Apr 1, 2013
For April Fool's Day, I bought a bunch of googly eyes and have started afixing them to food items in the kitchen. And the phone inthe kitchen. I keep them in my pocket, so as more people arrive and put their lunches in the fridge, I'll add eyes to them.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#83291 Apr 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Thanks Dog. You back at work?
lol!

Location hidden

#83292 Apr 1, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
And this is laugh-out-loud hilarious why?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83293 Apr 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>See there...i made it here.....Wondering about a new Easter tradition....Rabbit stew with colored eggs, on the side........taste's like chicken or gator.....
Chowing down on Gators might be fightin' words in some quarters here.

Glad you found the address.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83294 Apr 1, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
Dog is often the first one up and posts the columns. His shop is having periodic layoffs. Not good for him but he gets to sleep in and so the rest of us scramble to post Amy/Abby.

It is just a pleasantry, not a cheap shot.

“reign in blood”

United States

#83295 Apr 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog is often the first one up and posts the columns. His shop is having periodic layoffs. Not good for him but he gets to sleep in and so the rest of us scramble to post Amy/Abby.
It is just a pleasantry, not a cheap shot.
Lol!

Miami, FL

#83296 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For April Fool's Day, I bought a bunch of googly eyes and have started afixing them to food items in the kitchen. And the phone inthe kitchen. I keep them in my pocket, so as more people arrive and put their lunches in the fridge, I'll add eyes to them.
Awesome.

I really want to mess with my friend S today who works remotely from PA. I'm trying to think of a story that's believable enough to get him yet crazy enough to freak him out. Could be work-related or personal. He's the big brother I never had and is a great jokster. I feel like I have the fact that I don't have to be face to face to pull this off on my side, but I haven't come up with anything creative yet.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83297 Apr 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For some reason, I invariably find googly eyes hilarious.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83298 Apr 1, 2013
My dad already posted something on FB about hard boiling an egg with a lantern battery. Riiiight.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83299 Apr 1, 2013
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f483/...

Thinkgeek.com delivers once again for April Fool's.

Location hidden

#83300 Apr 1, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83301 Apr 1, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/produ ct/f483/?pfm=AprilFools_homepa ge_Featured_1_f483
Thinkgeek.com delivers once again for April Fool's.
That's wful

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,126,738
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Jonah1 50,630
Abby 10-24 6 min Sublime1 10
Abby 10-23-14 17 min Toj 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min jacques Ottawa 179,394
Uniosun Admission List (utme/de) 2014/2015 Rele... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Ansu Supplementary Admission 2014/2015 Released... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]