Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83219 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The forums listed below our chat area, where you see the Obama threads and such.
Oh, I am so sorry. You are desperate.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83220 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Well you guys are boring, so I was forced to go into all the forums listed below and make animal sounds. THanks a lot.
Reminds meof teh time we had teh gay roommate Amy column that was being flamed and Roo and me and a couple others went "quackers". Boy that was fun

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83221 Mar 29, 2013
I put this on FB, too.

The tree guys are cutting down the sticky ball tree in The next door neighbor's yard. E just ran in and said "we can't let them cut down all the trees because then we won't have any fresh air to breathe! I have to go warn the cutters!" And then tried to go out the front door to talk to the tree guys. Stupid Lorax. I think we have it under control now.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83222 Mar 29, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I put this on FB, too.
The tree guys are cutting down the sticky ball tree in The next door neighbor's yard. E just ran in and said "we can't let them cut down all the trees because then we won't have any fresh air to breathe! I have to go warn the cutters!" And then tried to go out the front door to talk to the tree guys. Stupid Lorax. I think we have it under control now.
Ha! My coworker took her grandkids to see that and said it was quite the piece of propaganda!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83223 Mar 29, 2013
So, SIL and fiancé applied to some school in Tennessee for next year. Waiting to hear about financial aid. They haven't told my mil apparently, because she messaged J this morning. "SIL hasn't registered for classes? Did you convince her to go somewhere here in town?". Heh.

Gotta say, from a purely selfish standpoint, I'm dancing a f'n jig. 6.5 hour drive means no coming home on a whim. Not gonna solve her problems though. I guess fiancé's parents aren't thrilled.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83224 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! My coworker took her grandkids to see that and said it was quite the piece of propaganda!
I would never have let my boys see it if I knew how extreme it was. The most anti-business piece of propaganda I have ever seen.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83225 Mar 29, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never have let my boys see it if I knew how extreme it was. The most anti-business piece of propaganda I have ever seen.
Well, it can open up a discussion about why it's wrong and for them not to believe everything that's in a movie or on TV.

I understand, though. You want your kids entertained for a bit you don't want to necessarily open up a civics lesson.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83226 Mar 29, 2013
Just curious, does it follow the book faithfully? Or is there even a book? The last Suess book I read to my daughter was "The places you'll go" Dont even ask me how I remember that, I haven't a clue.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#83227 Mar 29, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Environment v. business, environment will win 99% of the time for me.

But I completely understand where you're coming from. I read your post to my coworker and she laughed! She had complained ot me after the movie, so that stuck in my head.

Location hidden

#83228 Mar 29, 2013
I love how PE has described the "recycling nazis" produced around 2nd or 3rd grade.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83229 Mar 29, 2013
In today's Prudence--
Dear Prudence,
I am 40 years old and until recently a single father. A little over a year and a half ago, I met a woman who totally changed my perspective on life. Id never believed in soul mates, but she made me a believer. We could complete each others sentences and had the kind of love that Id never felt for anyone. After six months we bought a house together, merged families, and I proposed. Three months ago my fiance had a major stroke, lost all function on one side of her body, lost her speech, and is disabled. She will likely never return to work or the life she had. She can now walk some and has regained some speech, but it is limited. Her arm still has no function. This has created a future that I had not envisioned nor signed up for. Every day is a reminder of what once was, and so is a constant source of hurt and pain. I am committed for at least a year, which is how long I knew her before her stroke, to assist her in regaining as normal a life as possible. But I cannot envision going through the rest of my life like this. I know she will be devastated if I leave, but I will be devastated if I stay. Additionally, I do not think it fair to my own child, who has a limited number of years remaining at home. This is a tragedy no matter what choice is made. I welcome your thoughts.
Life Changes in a Minute

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83230 Mar 29, 2013
Here's an interesting one:

Dear Prudence,
My husband and I are in our mid-40s and have been married for 20 years. We have a teenage son and a younger daughter, and for the past five years, my husband and I have explored swinging. We've had sex with two other couples over the past several years, and find it a fun way to be both intimate and adventurous together. We currently meet with a couple once or twice per month when we go to a hotel and leave our children at my parents' home. Weve been careful and discreet but little while ago, one of us forgot to sign out of the account we use to contact this couple, and my son found a sexually explicit email from the other woman that he assumed was directed only to my husband and concluded his father was cheating on me. He's confronted my husband, who was flabbergasted and said little apart from unconvincing denials and sputtering about privacy. My son threatened to tell me. I can't imagine that coming clean to him in any detail about our private lives would be healthy. Ive been trying to come up with a believable lie or half-truth that could be told. What do we do?
Caught

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83231 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I love how PE has described the "recycling nazis" produced around 2nd or 3rd grade.
Ah yes, cherished memories of my kid diving into the garbage and triumphantly pulling out paper or even an aluminum can to be ceremoniously transferred to the recycling bag with an awesome while Moooom, its not good for teh enviiiironmeeeent

Location hidden

#83232 Mar 29, 2013
"This has created a future that I had not envisioned nor signed up for."

Wrong. You were going to marry her. That IS signing up that future.

What would you do if she'd had her stroke after you got married?

At any rate, get rid of her. Let her family take care of her. You will grow to resent and hate her and she deserves better.

Location hidden

#83233 Mar 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
Here's an interesting one:
Dear Prudence,
My husband and I are in our mid-40s and have been married for 20 years. We have a teenage son and a younger daughter, and for the past five years, my husband and I have explored swinging. We've had sex with two other couples over the past several years, and find it a fun way to be both intimate and adventurous together. We currently meet with a couple once or twice per month when we go to a hotel and leave our children at my parents' home. Weve been careful and discreet but little while ago, one of us forgot to sign out of the account we use to contact this couple, and my son found a sexually explicit email from the other woman that he assumed was directed only to my husband and concluded his father was cheating on me. He's confronted my husband, who was flabbergasted and said little apart from unconvincing denials and sputtering about privacy. My son threatened to tell me. I can't imagine that coming clean to him in any detail about our private lives would be healthy. Ive been trying to come up with a believable lie or half-truth that could be told. What do we do?
Caught
I think they have to tell the kid the truth, because it's not fair or right that he thinks his dad is cheating on his mom behind her back.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83234 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Environment v. business, environment will win 99% of the time for me.

But I completely understand where you're coming from. I read your post to my coworker and she laughed! She had complained ot me after the movie, so that stuck in my head.
I am a big proponent of environmentally friendly practices, but this was an either/or movie

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83235 Mar 29, 2013
I think she only needs to say that she is aware of the email and their relatiohship and it is between mom and dad
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they have to tell the kid the truth, because it's not fair or right that he thinks his dad is cheating on his mom behind her back.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83236 Mar 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the mom has to be super-convincing that she knows what's going on and it's NOT what it appears to be.

No one really wants to know about their parents' sex life.

Location hidden

#83237 Mar 29, 2013
Race, good point. That way they know dad isn't "cheating" but also don't know more than they want/need to know.

Location hidden

#83238 Mar 29, 2013
I'm home! Stopped at a liquor store on the way home, had to write directions to get there. they don't take credit cards (whICH i knew, so I had cash on me). Inside was an off duty st. paul cop, and holy crapoli he is the hottest man I've seen in ... maybe my life. Hotter than Bradley Cooper. Dark hair, gorgeous face... and he was super nice and chatty with people, big smile on his face, good mood.

Nice job in the hiring, st. paul. Nice job.

Now going to have a cocktail and put a pizza in the oven, and game. L8R

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Morse 1,143,544
Boy, 15, among four people wounded in shootings... 12 min reality is a crutch 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 70,609
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Brian_G 48,505
Barry knew Goober before he did'nt know Goober 40 min KeepUpGoodWork 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,787
Dear Abby 11/24/14 1 hr RACE 14
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
5 Bold Predictions for the Chicago Bears' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 7:09 AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings
NBC Sports 9:38 AM
Colts' practice squad adds Griff Whalen, sprinter Jeff Demps
Bleacher Report10:47 AM
Can Bears Emulate Pats' Successful Gameplan vs. Lions?
Bleacher Report12:46 PM
5 Bold Predictions for Washington Redskins' Week 13 Matchup