|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people crave the spotlight and the attention. It is not confined to union leaders. Compare Donald Trump and his complaints about the wind farm offshore from the golf course he is buildingf in Scotland. Karen Lewis job is to represent a particular consituency, the teachers, on matters of wages hours and othr terms and conditions of employment. She has been speaking about Emmanuel closing school, not about protecting teacher jobs and assignements for those working in those schools. That is the mildest way I can describe her.
Donald Trump is someone I find distasteful overall but most of teh time, when he spouts off it is about real estate development or business stuff. Not always obviously.
My dad taught in a chicago school adn was pro-union. i have a friend who was pushed out after 40 years in CPS. She taught on the west side and had soe of the toughest most disadvantaged kids. The school was slated to be a turn-around school, which means everyone is "fired" and they hire all new staff. At 40 years tenure, no one wanted to cover her salary, despite teh fact that she cared AND got results.

i don't entirely get unions for white collar jobs in this day and age, but that's me. i dont think i like karen lewis that much, but this give me more insight than waht i've been able to cobble together. As i (a) dont have kisd (b) don't live in teh city proper and therefore (c) don't have any direct contact, it doesn't affect me so i haven't been following things too closely. for all her carrying on abotu what's wrong with thsi plan, she doesn't seem to be offering any insight as to what she would do to "fix" things.

i do think that keeping these under-attended/enrolled schools open much longer is a short-sighted plan, despite the safety issue of kids crossing gang territories. time to look into more community education and grass roots work.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Strange after all this talk about dogs getting lose from horrible pet owners.

My dog got out of the backyard right before I had to leave for work. His usual thing is to pee, sniff around (I'm thinking b/c the nightlife of the wildlife) and then come in. He was peeing, I looked away for a couple of minutes and the dog disappeared.

It's a small dog, very athletic. If he wants to get out of the yard not much would keep him in. That's why he doesn't get to go out unattended.

It's like a toddler, can't even look away for a minute!

So I hiked around a couple of block radius looking for the dog -- figured he was probably greeting every kid going to school, every dog walker and their dog or whatever. He's too friendly for his own good.

Didn't see him in the first 2 minutes. Knew he couldn't get too far (he could be he wouldn't -- too many distractions).

Went home to grab my cell and then continue looking.

Damn dog was sitting at the back door.

I still have no idea where he was or where he was hiding.

Grrr!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Whew. Got my noon deadline uploaded five minutes before noon, quick heated up my lunch, brought it up to the front desk, and inhaled it.
I need a cocktail.
Is it too soon to go "weekend plans"?
Not if you're taking tomorrow off.

I didn't actually want to do it, but since it's the almost busiest working day for my MIL, I had to.

So...

Friday: Getting our bikes ready for riding in the morning, having lunch with my dad and his ladyfriend, and then probably riding the bikes after my dad leaves. I hope it's warm-ish tomorrow...

Sat: Errands and dying easter eggs.

Sun: I will be getting up early to hide the eggs and then church and dinner at my sister's. We'll see how the dresses go over...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Redbox just sent me a survey. Apparently they are playing with the idea of a Red Box gift card. Asked me some questions about how likely i would be to buy one and how likely I would be to register the card if I got one and tie it to my CC account(cause the need a cc in case you run off with the movie and don't return it) if by doing so you got a free rental.

In the free text comment section, I compared it to buying a $30 gift certificate for a Dollar store...based on the incentive that they throw you one extra item.

Hell, its worse. At least in the dollar store, there is a possibility that you might actually need $30 worth of stuff at once. When are you ever gonna rent 30 movies all at the same time?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Never! Today is my Friday (or "Thriday" - got that from a co-worker's wife) anyway.

Tomorrow: helping A move into her new house all day, then we're planning on going to see the movie Temptation, then if I still have enough energy I'll watch the Gators play (the game doesn't come on until 10pm here).

Saturday: hopefully sleeping in and/or napping and getting stuff done like cleaning the car, grocery shopping, etc.

Sunday: really want to shoot for the outdoor sunrise service at 6:30, so as long as all goes as planned on Saturday I'll make it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Redbox just sent me a survey. Apparently they are playing with the idea of a Red Box gift card. Asked me some questions about how likely i would be to buy one and how likely I would be to register the card if I got one and tie it to my CC account(cause the need a cc in case you run off with the movie and don't return it) if by doing so you got a free rental.
In the free text comment section, I compared it to buying a $30 gift certificate for a Dollar store...based on the incentive that they throw you one extra item.
Hell, its worse. At least in the dollar store, there is a possibility that you might actually need $30 worth of stuff at once. When are you ever gonna rent 30 movies all at the same time?
What's it cost to rent a movie that way,$1? Who doesn't have $1 on them? Or can get $1?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What's it cost to rent a movie that way,$1? Who doesn't have $1 on them? Or can get $1?
On them? No ma'am. This is a plastic world. Cash not accepted.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Wait! You have to use the gift card all at once?
And who buys a gift card for themselves? I dont, and if I am buying one to give as a gift, I am NOT going to tie it to MY CC.

Unless I am missing something, seems dumb.
Mister Tonka wrote:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>On them? No ma'am. This is a plastic world. Cash not accepted.
Oh, the machines don't take cash? Didn't know that.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
No. You wouldn't need to use it all at one. I was just saying, there really is zero incentive to drop $30 all at once on a movie gift card when you likely will use $2 or $3 each trip. Why give them $27 of your dollars to hold for future use?
RACE wrote:
And who buys a gift card for themselves? I dont, and if I am buying one to give as a gift, I am NOT going to tie it to MY CC.

Right. To me, the people who would probably be the best candidates to receive such a gift(teens, college kids) likely don't have credit cards to tie to the gift card. And red box ain't gonna let you walk off with one of their movies if they have no way to charge you if you lose the movie. As a gift giver, I damn sure would not tie MY credit card to the gift card. I won't be responsible if the recipient loses a movie. So yeah, all around, I think its a dumb idea.
RACE wrote:
And who buys a gift card for themselves?
I've done that. When there's an incentive. Usually around the holidays. I go to tijuana flats for lunch on most tuesdays. Its Taco Tuesdaze!$5 taco lunch. Around the holidays, they give you a free $5 gift card if you buy a $20 card. I've gotten that the last 2 years cause its a place I go every week and therefore I get a free meal out of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered the same thing.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

I wonder if someone is going to break it and try to grow one by cloning.

http://www.businessinsider.com/christies-egg-...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Not at all.

Tomorrow: Taking Sister to fax the protection order to the sheriff in Cali so they can serve the POS before he gets out of jail. Hearing date for the permanent order is April 9. I will be there with bells on. I really hope he shows up because if he comes to WA he will be breaking probation in Cali.:D

Then taking her to the salon; hair cut/style and mani/pedi. Going to take her to get a new phone with a local number and dropping her off at home after we swing by the school to drop off the protection order for my nephew.

Then, I per-emptively invited my son's friend that's always bugging me to take her places because she has no one else to really rely on to "do lunch."

Saturday and Sunday: Not a goddamn thing.

Monday: School.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mimi, the amazing spiderwoman!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

I answered the weekend plans before reading everyone else. I want a re-do!

I think I might go see a movie. I don't care which one, just a movie...out of the house for a few hours. Also I will hit the dollar store and the ATM so my nephew can have an Easter basket. I'll probably get the Easter stuff done tomorrow and the movie Saturday.

Sunday: Nothing :D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
Tomorrow: Taking Sister to fax the protection order to the sheriff in Cali so they can serve the POS before he gets out of jail. Hearing date for the permanent order is April 9. I will be there with bells on. I really hope he shows up because if he comes to WA he will be breaking probation in Cali.:D
Then taking her to the salon; hair cut/style and mani/pedi. Going to take her to get a new phone with a local number and dropping her off at home after we swing by the school to drop off the protection order for my nephew.
Then, I per-emptively invited my son's friend that's always bugging me to take her places because she has no one else to really rely on to "do lunch."
Saturday and Sunday: Not a goddamn thing.
Monday: School.
It occurred to me that the Protection order comes from a county court so once he gets the order he will know what county she and teh boy are in.

What was/is he in jail for?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

You ask a lot of personal type questions. If she wanted us to know, she would have mentioned it.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It occurred to me that the Protection order comes from a county court so once he gets the order he will know what county she and teh boy are in.
What was/is he in jail for?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
You ask a lot of personal type questions. If she wanted us to know, she would have mentioned it.
<quoted text>
Isn't Mimi allowed to decide for herself which questions she answers and which she doesn't?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Did I say she could not? You assume alot. I was just noting that she has not yet disclosed what he is in jail for, just like she has never mentioned her IQ or cup size, and I think to ask such questions are very personal in nature and it is bordering on nosy to ask.

sam, whats the biggest crap you ever took? what's you favorite part about being slammed in the ass? How many guys have you done at once? How many women?

I will let you decide which ones to answer, but it does not make me less of an ass for asking.

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Mimi allowed to decide for herself which questions she answers and which she doesn't?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Did I say she could not? You assume alot. I was just noting that she has not yet disclosed what he is in jail for, just like she has never mentioned her IQ or cup size, and I think to ask such questions are very personal in nature and it is bordering on nosy to ask.
sam, whats the biggest crap you ever took? what's you favorite part about being slammed in the ass? How many guys have you done at once? How many women?
I will let you decide which ones to answer, but it does not make me less of an ass for asking.
<quoted text>
"If she wanted us to know, she would have mentioned it." Kind of a backhanded way of ripping PEllen for asking.

2.4 courics.
It gives my hoo-hah a break, and I don't have to look at the fat, mouth-breathing animals with whom I am resigned to defile myself.

You have reached a supreme level of assness such that your line of questioning will not affect your status. Congrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago