Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.
My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.
Heh we have several water parks here -- most are indoors!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.
I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

dahgts wrote:
Thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.
Oh, Chicago PUblic Schools. I thought CPS = Child protective services.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Chicago PUblic Schools. I thought CPS = Child protective services.
That took me a minute too. LOL

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

dahgts wrote:
She just enjoys the power she has... I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.
Isn't that typical, though?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

It was 48 here yerterday when I was walking the mutt.
Had to switch hands every 2 minutes to let one warm back up.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Energy?
Your ex cheated on you. You broke up. You have moved on with your life. You don't think about him. Then 2 months later someone tells you he got the clap. It takes too much energy to smile about it?
I'm not suggesting people are sitting around spending time wishing misfortune to befall others. But when you come across news that exactly that has happened, you have 3 options: sorrow, glee, indifference. I think most people will experience some level of glee if misfortune befalls their enemies. A sense of "what goes around, comes around".
I understand Tonka. One of my "friends" who dumped me described herself as "practically perfect in every way." She had a great hair, a good figure, two masters in fine arts, very creative and funny. Had a great job, nice house, cute kid and good husband (well, he's sort of a drama queen but he's an opera singer so what do you expect :D) and I was always slightly jealous. I never wished ill on them even after she treated me so shoddily.

But I heard a few months ago that they got a divorce and I couldn't help myself; I did a little happy dance. I've gone back to feeling bad for the kid and ex-husband but I was initially gleeful that Ms. Perfect had turned out not to be so perfect.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

I can tell it's spring, because I've acclimated to the cold. 30 degrees and sunny when I left the house and I didn't take a jacket, because it'll be like 45 when I leave work. Heat wave! Took the dogs for a walk yesterday with a windbreaker over a longsleeve t-shirt and was burning up.

The same temperatures in October and I'm breaking out the parka, gloves, and hats.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that typical, though?
Some people crave the spotlight and the attention. It is not confined to union leaders. Compare Donald Trump and his complaints about the wind farm offshore from the golf course he is buildingf in Scotland. Karen Lewis job is to represent a particular consituency, the teachers, on matters of wages hours and othr terms and conditions of employment. She has been speaking about Emmanuel closing school, not about protecting teacher jobs and assignements for those working in those schools. That is the mildest way I can describe her.

Donald Trump is someone I find distasteful overall but most of teh time, when he spouts off it is about real estate development or business stuff. Not always obviously.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
It was 48 here yerterday when I was walking the mutt.
Had to switch hands every 2 minutes to let one warm back up.
<quoted text>
They don't have gloves in Florida?

:D

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have gloves in Florida?
:D
Probably not. All my cold-weather gear has either been purchased up north or ordered online.
:)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Regarding taking delight in the misfortune of others: I try not to do it because it seems like bad juju and just not very nice, but sometimes it's tempting. Even stupid stuff like the glee I felt when I realized that Jasper's girlfriend's initials are PMS.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people crave the spotlight and the attention. It is not confined to union leaders. Compare Donald Trump and his complaints about the wind farm offshore from the golf course he is buildingf in Scotland. Karen Lewis job is to represent a particular consituency, the teachers, on matters of wages hours and othr terms and conditions of employment. She has been speaking about Emmanuel closing school, not about protecting teacher jobs and assignements for those working in those schools. That is the mildest way I can describe her.
Donald Trump is someone I find distasteful overall but most of teh time, when he spouts off it is about real estate development or business stuff. Not always obviously.
I find Karen Lewis more despicable than Donald Trump. These union leaders are all about power and greed and care of nothing else. Why do you think schools are closing? CPS teachers are the highest paid teachers in the country (average salary is about 75k) and they're turning out the worst students. Chicago is broke. Illinois is broke, these salaries and pensions cannot be maintained. Think union leaders actually care? No, they just want their payday and their golden parachute regardless of anything.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Regarding taking delight in the misfortune of others: I try not to do it because it seems like bad juju and just not very nice, but sometimes it's tempting. Even stupid stuff like the glee I felt when I realized that Jasper's girlfriend's initials are PMS.
Ha!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not. All my cold-weather gear has either been purchased up north or ordered online.
:)
Then he can use that fancy new tablet to order some. Of course by the time they arrive, it will no longer be cold.

And yanno, if one is really desperate and one is only walking the dog, one could use socks. Not pretty, but it'll get the job done.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.
I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is
Traffic was so screwed last night! Streets were closed from Lake Street to whatever street South.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Oh, that's rich. That is hilarious!! Ha, ha. PMS? Hee, hee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,021 - 82,040 of97,451
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,072,709
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 3 min meme 16
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Lord Hater 45,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grand Birther 173,710
Review: Napa Auto Parts 2 hr TJSR 1
Feds Investigate “Racist” Depiction of Obama as... 3 hr Zombie Bama 1
Amy July 12 3 hr PEllen 6
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs