“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#83137 Mar 27, 2013
Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83138 Mar 27, 2013
only 3.somebody lbs. I dont think is heavy, or even a bother with one hand. Much lighter than typical clam.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
How heavy is it? That is to say, would it be a PITA to lug around all day every day like a typical laptop?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83139 Mar 27, 2013
thats the thing, I dont want my sheit uploaded to a cloud or some other cybersphere. i want it all right on the drives i have. i loathe the thought of my stuff in cyberspace.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> On your windows pc, download the Google Music manager. It will automatically upload all your tracks(up to 20,000) to your google account. Then you won't need to connect the external drive to the chrome book. It will all be accessible from the cloud in the google music app.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83140 Mar 27, 2013
Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
And, heh. You wanna talk dirty to me, you gotta come to Seattle. <shrug>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83141 Mar 27, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?
The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.

I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83142 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83143 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Your ex boyfriend cheated on you, now he caught gonorrhea. That does not put a smirk on your face?

Some bitch that got into it with you on ladies night keys your car, then her parked car gets plowed into by someone who lost control of their car. Are you not going to be thinking "Karma's a bitch!"?

That guy who took the credit for your work on the big project and got a promotion out of it just got busted for insider trading. GOOD! Rot in jail you POS!

I don't think its out of the ordinary at all to take pleasure in the misfortune of people who you don't like.
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83144 Mar 28, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83145 Mar 28, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).
Energy?

Your ex cheated on you. You broke up. You have moved on with your life. You don't think about him. Then 2 months later someone tells you he got the clap. It takes too much energy to smile about it?

I'm not suggesting people are sitting around spending time wishing misfortune to befall others. But when you come across news that exactly that has happened, you have 3 options: sorrow, glee, indifference. I think most people will experience some level of glee if misfortune befalls their enemies. A sense of "what goes around, comes around".

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83146 Mar 28, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!
I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83147 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45
It is supposed to get that warm in Chicago today

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83148 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83149 Mar 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.
My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83150 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.
Heh we have several water parks here -- most are indoors!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83151 Mar 28, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.
I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83152 Mar 28, 2013
dahgts wrote:
Thanks.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83153 Mar 28, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.
Oh, Chicago PUblic Schools. I thought CPS = Child protective services.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83154 Mar 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Chicago PUblic Schools. I thought CPS = Child protective services.
That took me a minute too. LOL

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83155 Mar 28, 2013
dahgts wrote:
She just enjoys the power she has... I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.
Isn't that typical, though?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83156 Mar 28, 2013
It was 48 here yerterday when I was walking the mutt.
Had to switch hands every 2 minutes to let one warm back up.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min eghhed 1,129,794
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min loose cannon 179,693
Abby 10-30 13 min edogxxx 31
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,687
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr gimpyolman 50,791
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 47,611
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 2 hr AintItThe truth 13

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:30PM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]