|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
I really liked the version with the Statue of Liberty kissing Justice in same pose as that famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse at the end of WWII.
That sounds deplorable.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Mimi, gald that things are falling into place for your sister. Take a breather and pat yourself on the back. You did great! No, it aint over, but the chore is well begun.

Were all pulling for ya, and my offer of nasty sex talk still stands if you need (read want) to.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

And for those of you keeping score...
My chromebook is a clear winner over the galaxyII, but still very limited. Cant close the lid without it going into sleep (no settings to change it either). No real offline apps, mainly wanting a photo editor to screw around with my pictures. But on the plus, it reads the USB music drive I have, and recognizes the USB external drive.
The HDMI works fine, will get a real test tonight as I watch a crackle movie. Need to judge how good it is at streaming compared to my laptop.
And surfing the web is fast and seamless.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't look like that's going to be an issue now. If he did, I don't know. I'd really have to think about it. To protect him? Probably yeah, but only if I had some legal stuff and maybe a soc. svs. worker helping me and keeping me safe as well as him. I'm not much for the government being involved in peoples' lives, particularly mine, but considering his father and the BS (and danger) I would need that.
What does the Morroccan contingent have to say about this? Is there anything male-centric there that can help the boy and take some of the pressure off you?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.
"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop
Your ex boyfriend cheated on you, now he caught gonorrhea. That does not put a smirk on your face?

Some bitch that got into it with you on ladies night keys your car, then her parked car gets plowed into by someone who lost control of their car. Are you not going to be thinking "Karma's a bitch!"?

That guy who took the credit for your work on the big project and got a promotion out of it just got busted for insider trading. GOOD! Rot in jail you POS!

I don't think its out of the ordinary at all to take pleasure in the misfortune of people who you don't like.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
And for those of you keeping score...
My chromebook is a clear winner over the galaxyII, but still very limited. Cant close the lid without it going into sleep (no settings to change it either). No real offline apps, mainly wanting a photo editor to screw around with my pictures. But on the plus, it reads the USB music drive I have, and recognizes the USB external drive.
The HDMI works fine, will get a real test tonight as I watch a crackle movie. Need to judge how good it is at streaming compared to my laptop.
And surfing the web is fast and seamless.
How heavy is it? That is to say, would it be a PITA to lug around all day every day like a typical laptop?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
But on the plus, it reads the USB music drive I have, and recognizes the USB external drive.
On your windows pc, download the Google Music manager. It will automatically upload all your tracks(up to 20,000) to your google account. Then you won't need to connect the external drive to the chrome book. It will all be accessible from the cloud in the google music app.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Morroccan contingent have to say about this? Is there anything male-centric there that can help the boy and take some of the pressure off you?
Mostly he's pursing a non interference policy. He has been keeping him occupied with video games, working on a car, and some other stuff. So that's been a help. Also, he started school today so that takes care of a big chunk of his day. The school is very aware of the situation. I took a very long meeting with them before even enrolling him. Then his mom and I took a meeting so that everyone is on the same page. Met the principal, vice principal, advisers, school shrink, etc. They are pretty much circling the wagons around him and really trying hard to make him welcome and part of the family. It's a public school, but it looks and acts like a private one. Froufrou area and all...:-|

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
Mimi, gald that things are falling into place for your sister. Take a breather and pat yourself on the back. You did great! No, it aint over, but the chore is well begun.
Were all pulling for ya, and my offer of nasty sex talk still stands if you need (read want) to.
Thanks.

And, heh. You wanna talk dirty to me, you gotta come to Seattle. <shrug>

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

only 3.somebody lbs. I dont think is heavy, or even a bother with one hand. Much lighter than typical clam.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
How heavy is it? That is to say, would it be a PITA to lug around all day every day like a typical laptop?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

thats the thing, I dont want my sheit uploaded to a cloud or some other cybersphere. i want it all right on the drives i have. i loathe the thought of my stuff in cyberspace.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> On your windows pc, download the Google Music manager. It will automatically upload all your tracks(up to 20,000) to your google account. Then you won't need to connect the external drive to the chrome book. It will all be accessible from the cloud in the google music app.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
And, heh. You wanna talk dirty to me, you gotta come to Seattle. <shrug>

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?
The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.

I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Your ex boyfriend cheated on you, now he caught gonorrhea. That does not put a smirk on your face?

Some bitch that got into it with you on ladies night keys your car, then her parked car gets plowed into by someone who lost control of their car. Are you not going to be thinking "Karma's a bitch!"?

That guy who took the credit for your work on the big project and got a promotion out of it just got busted for insider trading. GOOD! Rot in jail you POS!

I don't think its out of the ordinary at all to take pleasure in the misfortune of people who you don't like.
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).
Energy?

Your ex cheated on you. You broke up. You have moved on with your life. You don't think about him. Then 2 months later someone tells you he got the clap. It takes too much energy to smile about it?

I'm not suggesting people are sitting around spending time wishing misfortune to befall others. But when you come across news that exactly that has happened, you have 3 options: sorrow, glee, indifference. I think most people will experience some level of glee if misfortune befalls their enemies. A sense of "what goes around, comes around".

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!
I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45
It is supposed to get that warm in Chicago today

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,001 - 82,020 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min Grey Ghost 1,073,281
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,785
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 4 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 6 hr Harold B Alls 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE