|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.
ITA. Is your husband polish? YOur last name doesn't seem Polish to me.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.
yell at the dog "Nie Wolno!" (Knee vole no!) it's "That is not allowed!" If you yell it, the neighbors may hear and get an idea that something's up... and hopefully you scare the crap into to the dog!

why is it that i know taht and food words in Polish...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Giki giki oyukayluk.

Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Giki giki oyukayluk.
Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."
You are a woman of many talents.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

What?
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

This dog did not.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give people a break, dogs can escape.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
What?
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.

"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

For how long is everyone going to have the red equals sign as their Facebook pic? It's aesthetically confusing me that so many people have the same profile pic.

This morning, a gay Facebook friend posted a pic of a big red rectangle in a slightly more orange shade that read "I like this shade of red better. Just saying" across it. Love him.
cheluzal

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I invoked your name the other day. Mimi has her 12 year old nephew living with her for a little bit and you came to mind as teh Subject Matter Expert.
Aww, LOL.
I *just* left my big meeting and it went swimmingly! I had no nerves, only excitement, and I was really confident. I had one prof in tears....mentioned bro...one of my dissertation interest is the middle level child...
It was great and now I have until the end of June to study like a mofo and get all my expertise in my brain, memorized with names of theorists, etc.
ACK!
I shall be underground until early July, LOL.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
For how long is everyone going to have the red equals sign as their Facebook pic? It's aesthetically confusing me that so many people have the same profile pic.
This morning, a gay Facebook friend posted a pic of a big red rectangle in a slightly more orange shade that read "I like this shade of red better. Just saying" across it. Love him.
I imagine some will until there is a ruling. Or until the next picture is taken of them that captures their good side.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

As usual you misunderstood.
I take no pleasure in an animals death, or in telling someone "I told you so", but when the emotional choice is one of senselessly bereaving for an animal that died due to the stupidity of its owner, or feeling disgust towards the owner who allowed their animal to die, I choose disgust.
For me, that disgust is manifest in the knowledge that I tried to warn the F* A*hole, but they ignored me.

Hope that helps.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.
"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

I have one with the Grumpy Cat that says "Yes." And what Sam said. Until I get a better picture.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
I really liked the version with the Statue of Liberty kissing Justice in same pose as that famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse at the end of WWII.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I found it to be kind of obnoxious on my ipad -- they look HUGE on my ipad and rather jarring in the contrast. So I'm skipping it. Plus, I figure everyone who knows me knows where I stand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I have one with the Grumpy Cat that says "Yes." And what Sam said. Until I get a better picture.
I saw that and loved it.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Took her to Social Services. Food stamps, cash, and medical. Yay!!!! Hooked her up over there with a DV worker who is getting her into a program called Phoenix ("rise from the ashes") Housing.

They will recommend her...she is a perfect candidate (duh) which will get her into a particular DV shelter that holds space for this program. THEN they will transition her into income dependent housing which isn't all that far from me. They will give her bus passes for her and her son so he doesn't have to switch schools again. He started school this morning.

She will have to go to counseling, etc., but the transitional housing is 2+years and they help her with getting into permanent housing. They are also able to, and going to, help her with all the legal stuff including getting him served, custody, etc. So she may be here a short while longer, but not THAT long.

Thank friggin god. I was out of options. The worker said we should know something by Friday.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
What if he asks to stay? Not saying he will, probably too much guilt about abandoning his mom, but ya never know.
<quoted text>
Doesn't look like that's going to be an issue now. If he did, I don't know. I'd really have to think about it. To protect him? Probably yeah, but only if I had some legal stuff and maybe a soc. svs. worker helping me and keeping me safe as well as him. I'm not much for the government being involved in peoples' lives, particularly mine, but considering his father and the BS (and danger) I would need that.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, Chris was your son. Not your nephew. Huge difference.
There is. What I would do for my son, and for anyone else, even family is so much different.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on letting him go with her. He's a *kid* in all senses of the word, and it would be a lot of work. Plus, the legal wrangling, since I doubt she'd just hand him over.
He is. I could actually see *her* turning him over (less work for her you understand), but I could so see his dad trying to make my life (and the kid's life) miserable. I don't have time/energy/inclination for that crap.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
I really liked the version with the Statue of Liberty kissing Justice in same pose as that famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse at the end of WWII.
That sounds deplorable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
1 dead 7 injured in Chicago shootings on Tuesday 5 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,084,007
Chicago Is In An Economic Lull 8 min reality is a crutch 1
Abby 7-31 10 min Cass 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Brian_G 45,903
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Eric 68,445
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 175,151
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE