“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83134 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
But on the plus, it reads the USB music drive I have, and recognizes the USB external drive.
On your windows pc, download the Google Music manager. It will automatically upload all your tracks(up to 20,000) to your google account. Then you won't need to connect the external drive to the chrome book. It will all be accessible from the cloud in the google music app.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83135 Mar 27, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Morroccan contingent have to say about this? Is there anything male-centric there that can help the boy and take some of the pressure off you?
Mostly he's pursing a non interference policy. He has been keeping him occupied with video games, working on a car, and some other stuff. So that's been a help. Also, he started school today so that takes care of a big chunk of his day. The school is very aware of the situation. I took a very long meeting with them before even enrolling him. Then his mom and I took a meeting so that everyone is on the same page. Met the principal, vice principal, advisers, school shrink, etc. They are pretty much circling the wagons around him and really trying hard to make him welcome and part of the family. It's a public school, but it looks and acts like a private one. Froufrou area and all...:-|

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83136 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Mimi, gald that things are falling into place for your sister. Take a breather and pat yourself on the back. You did great! No, it aint over, but the chore is well begun.
Were all pulling for ya, and my offer of nasty sex talk still stands if you need (read want) to.
Thanks.

And, heh. You wanna talk dirty to me, you gotta come to Seattle. <shrug>

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#83137 Mar 27, 2013
Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83138 Mar 27, 2013
only 3.somebody lbs. I dont think is heavy, or even a bother with one hand. Much lighter than typical clam.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
How heavy is it? That is to say, would it be a PITA to lug around all day every day like a typical laptop?

Neda, stay with me!

#83139 Mar 27, 2013
thats the thing, I dont want my sheit uploaded to a cloud or some other cybersphere. i want it all right on the drives i have. i loathe the thought of my stuff in cyberspace.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> On your windows pc, download the Google Music manager. It will automatically upload all your tracks(up to 20,000) to your google account. Then you won't need to connect the external drive to the chrome book. It will all be accessible from the cloud in the google music app.

Neda, stay with me!

#83140 Mar 27, 2013
Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
And, heh. You wanna talk dirty to me, you gotta come to Seattle. <shrug>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83141 Mar 27, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Downtown Chicago friends - any of you get caught up in the CPS protests this rush hour?
The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.

I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83142 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Honey, its balls ass cold there, I doubt I could say hello properly let alone talk about what i want to...
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83143 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Your ex boyfriend cheated on you, now he caught gonorrhea. That does not put a smirk on your face?

Some bitch that got into it with you on ladies night keys your car, then her parked car gets plowed into by someone who lost control of their car. Are you not going to be thinking "Karma's a bitch!"?

That guy who took the credit for your work on the big project and got a promotion out of it just got busted for insider trading. GOOD! Rot in jail you POS!

I don't think its out of the ordinary at all to take pleasure in the misfortune of people who you don't like.
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83144 Mar 28, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83145 Mar 28, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too much energy put towards thinking about people I don't like. In general, I don't wish ill on people (I know your comment was directed at Sam, but I figured I could answer, too).
Energy?

Your ex cheated on you. You broke up. You have moved on with your life. You don't think about him. Then 2 months later someone tells you he got the clap. It takes too much energy to smile about it?

I'm not suggesting people are sitting around spending time wishing misfortune to befall others. But when you come across news that exactly that has happened, you have 3 options: sorrow, glee, indifference. I think most people will experience some level of glee if misfortune befalls their enemies. A sense of "what goes around, comes around".

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83146 Mar 28, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
It was like 60 today!
I woke up to 34 degree weather.
I ogt out of mu car at work and it was still 45

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83147 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
It is supposed to get that warm in Chicago today

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83148 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I woke up to 34 degree weather.
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83149 Mar 28, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My coworker is heading to Florida for vacation in three weeks and is not pleased to hear the latest weather/temperature forecasts from there.
My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.

Location hidden

#83150 Mar 28, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>My kid's daycare is closed tomorrow. I had planned to take him to the water park. Now I need to come up with a different plan.
Heh we have several water parks here -- most are indoors!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83151 Mar 28, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The went right by my building. You could not get across Clark St. The chants reverberated so it sounded like a riot and my windows face away from the noise.
I am finding Karen Lewis increasingly irritating. She is the CTU president. My impression is that as far as she is concerned if Emmanuel wants it,she is against it regardless what "it" is
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.

Location hidden

#83152 Mar 28, 2013
dahgts wrote:
Thanks.

Location hidden

#83153 Mar 28, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't come across as someone who is really concerned for the kids.She just enjoys the power she has. What I don't get is if the charter schools are doing so much better then why can't the CPS regular schools do it too. I suspect it's unionism. I'm not anti-union but they tend not to be realistic in this economy.
Oh, Chicago PUblic Schools. I thought CPS = Child protective services.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,741
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min leosnana 1,153,357
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Frijoles 70,990
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 35 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,878
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 40 min Culture Auditor 1
Abby 12-18 1 hr pde 4
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 70
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]