“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83095 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
What if he asks to stay? Not saying he will, probably too much guilt about abandoning his mom, but ya never know.
<quoted text>
Mimi- have you been around them long enough to know what the nature of your sisters relationship is with your nephew? Would she want to go off on her own if she didn't have to be concerned with him? Would he want to follow her anyway ?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#83096 Mar 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
So frickin mad. The people two houses down let their stupid little dog out all the time in the front yard and it always comes into our yard to go to the bathroom. I saw it out there and was standing in the yard to shoo it away if it started doing anything (they were working on their car and not paying attention). The tiny dog wandered in the street right in front of a car and I hollered at it - the car stopped short and the dog turned back to me just in time. The owners thanked me, but I just walked inside, furious. It's not my dog!!!
Grrrr.

As a kid, we had a neighbor that had a little poodle that they would just let loose to poop wherever it felt like, and often that was in our yard. My step-dad got so pissed that the one and only time he actually was able to get his hands on the dog, mid-poop, he drop-kicked it across the street.

At the time I thought it was really cruel of him, and not to say that I condone what he did, but as an adult I totally understand.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83097 Mar 27, 2013
I would have given them an earful! I have no patience for people who let their dog wander off a leash. I hope my tirade embarrasses them into being more responsible. If not, then I have the satisfaction of knowing "I told you so" will haunt them if their dog dies.
Jess in NJ wrote:
So frickin mad. The people two houses down let their stupid little dog out all the time in the front yard and it always comes into our yard to go to the bathroom. I saw it out there and was standing in the yard to shoo it away if it started doing anything (they were working on their car and not paying attention). The tiny dog wandered in the street right in front of a car and I hollered at it - the car stopped short and the dog turned back to me just in time. The owners thanked me, but I just walked inside, furious. It's not my dog!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83098 Mar 27, 2013
This takes that transgender discussion we were having to a whole new level

http://www.livescience.com/28197-creature-ran...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83099 Mar 27, 2013
Be sure to read the joke I posted on the Abby thread!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83100 Mar 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
You ladies get a pass. Edogg's an unforgivable lazy bitch!
I'm on the unemployment line this week. I'm sleeping in, staying up late, and drinking too much!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83101 Mar 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have zero tolerance for shitty dog owners.
Give people a break, dogs can escape.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83102 Mar 27, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I think we all made Tonka our b1tch, since we got him to post them for our lazy azzes.
Haha!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83103 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
If not, then I have the satisfaction of knowing "I told you so" will haunt them if their dog dies.
<quoted text>
Wow.
hahabaha

Crossville, TN

#83104 Mar 27, 2013
ha

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83105 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
I would have given them an earful! I have no patience for people who let their dog wander off a leash. I hope my tirade embarrasses them into being more responsible. If not, then I have the satisfaction of knowing "I told you so" will haunt them if their dog dies.
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83106 Mar 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give people a break, dogs can escape.
Once. AFter that, it's either a careless or uncaring (about his neighborhood) owner. Zero tolerance.

And when MY dog got out (she would go running if she could, up until about age 4), I went after her. Every time. That little stinker.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83107 Mar 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.
ITA. Is your husband polish? YOur last name doesn't seem Polish to me.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#83108 Mar 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.
yell at the dog "Nie Wolno!" (Knee vole no!) it's "That is not allowed!" If you yell it, the neighbors may hear and get an idea that something's up... and hopefully you scare the crap into to the dog!

why is it that i know taht and food words in Polish...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83109 Mar 27, 2013
Giki giki oyukayluk.

Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#83110 Mar 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Giki giki oyukayluk.
Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."
You are a woman of many talents.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83111 Mar 27, 2013
What?
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83112 Mar 27, 2013
This dog did not.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give people a break, dogs can escape.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#83113 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
What?
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.

"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83114 Mar 27, 2013
For how long is everyone going to have the red equals sign as their Facebook pic? It's aesthetically confusing me that so many people have the same profile pic.

This morning, a gay Facebook friend posted a pic of a big red rectangle in a slightly more orange shade that read "I like this shade of red better. Just saying" across it. Love him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uniosun Admission List (utme/de) 2014/2015 Rele... 6 min Dr Lucky 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,126,719
Ansu Supplementary Admission 2014/2015 Released... 12 min Dr Lucky 1
Ibadan Polytechnic 2014/2015 1st Bach Is Out, F... 20 min Dr Lucky 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min loose cannon 179,393
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 24 min RACE 7,823
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min RACE 4,796
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]