“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83075 Mar 27, 2013
What if he asks to stay? Not saying he will, probably too much guilt about abandoning his mom, but ya never know.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, see there's the problem. Legally I couldn't do anything. He is her son and his father (POS BIL) is alive so there's nothing I can do I don't think without bringing CPS into it. It's not really a CPS thing, just a bad bad bad thing, and I don't really want to put him (and Sis) through that crap for no real reason.
Also I know I'm not really equipped to raise a teenager right now. Even though Chris was still dependent on me for a lot of stuff, he *was* an adult, and had already gone through that and would have become a lot more independent of me by this point. He would turn 26 this June, so the difference there is 14 years. Also, how would I feel raising someone else's kid, someone who isn't really what I (or anyone really) would call a *good* parent, who is alive while my kid is dead. Would I resent it? To what degree? All this stuff has gone through my head in the past few days.
Sooo to answer your question, I don't know. I don't think I could do anything but let him go with her and hope to be a good influence from a distance. I talked to my other nephew (the 19 year old) the other day and laid a (massive) guilt trip on him about joining a gang. <shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83076 Mar 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, see there's the problem. Legally I couldn't do anything. He is her son and his father (POS BIL) is alive so there's nothing I can do I don't think without bringing CPS into it. It's not really a CPS thing, just a bad bad bad thing, and I don't really want to put him (and Sis) through that crap for no real reason.
Also I know I'm not really equipped to raise a teenager right now. Even though Chris was still dependent on me for a lot of stuff, he *was* an adult, and had already gone through that and would have become a lot more independent of me by this point. He would turn 26 this June, so the difference there is 14 years. Also, how would I feel raising someone else's kid, someone who isn't really what I (or anyone really) would call a *good* parent, who is alive while my kid is dead. Would I resent it? To what degree? All this stuff has gone through my head in the past few days.
Sooo to answer your question, I don't know. I don't think I could do anything but let him go with her and hope to be a good influence from a distance. I talked to my other nephew (the 19 year old) the other day and laid a (massive) guilt trip on him about joining a gang. <shrug>
Plus, Chris was your son. Not your nephew. Huge difference.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83077 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, man...I think I might be going to India for business in June. Six weeks. Trying not to jinx it, but that would be the coolest thing ever.
Cool!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83078 Mar 27, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on letting him go with her. He's a *kid* in all senses of the word, and it would be a lot of work. Plus, the legal wrangling, since I doubt she'd just hand him over.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83079 Mar 27, 2013

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#83080 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, man...I think I might be going to India for business in June. Six weeks. Trying not to jinx it, but that would be the coolest thing ever.
Yes that would be awesome. I've always wanted to go there.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83081 Mar 27, 2013
I posted Abby. Going to Amy now.

Abby: http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TJK6BQQOI4...

Location hidden

#83082 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
SUPER cool!!!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83083 Mar 27, 2013
Okay. Amy is now there, too.

Amy: http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TELM24OMLK...

What happened to Edog?

Location hidden

#83084 Mar 27, 2013

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#83085 Mar 27, 2013
I kept checking. No one posted. Of course, right after I posted I see Tonka's.

We should use Tonka's.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83086 Mar 27, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That's us!

In my own personal defense, I've been dealing with ongoing construction zone-related drama at work and am behind on actual work as well as Topix.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83087 Mar 27, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That's us!
In my own personal defense, I've been dealing with ongoing construction zone-related drama at work and am behind on actual work as well as Topix.
In my own defense, I am a lazy b1tch. Like Tonka said.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83088 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
That will be awesome. My friend Rachel is going in May for a couple of weeks, she is psyched and I am jealous.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#83089 Mar 27, 2013
I think we all made Tonka our b1tch, since we got him to post them for our lazy azzes.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83090 Mar 27, 2013
Hate to say it, but I might miss the dogs a little more than J if I go. I can Skype with him, but they have no interest in that.

I hope it's in June or at least sometime this summer. The less time I spend with houseguests, the better. Sil and her fiance are working at camp this summer. It's in the opposite direction of his parent's house, so if they have time off, like they did nearly every weekend *last* summer, I'm sure they'll be headed to *our* house.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83091 Mar 27, 2013
The hotter you are, the more easily the lazy will be overlooked.

You ladies get a pass. Edogg's an unforgivable lazy bitch!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83092 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Will your SIL keep house for J while you are gone ?(sorry)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83093 Mar 27, 2013
So frickin mad. The people two houses down let their stupid little dog out all the time in the front yard and it always comes into our yard to go to the bathroom. I saw it out there and was standing in the yard to shoo it away if it started doing anything (they were working on their car and not paying attention). The tiny dog wandered in the street right in front of a car and I hollered at it - the car stopped short and the dog turned back to me just in time. The owners thanked me, but I just walked inside, furious. It's not my dog!!!

Location hidden

#83094 Mar 27, 2013
Jess, I"ve had that. Several times, I put wandering dogs onto my three season front porch, and called animal control and had them come get the dog.

I have zero tolerance for shitty dog owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 4 min hands on AR 100
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min MITT from URANUS 1,125,497
Abby 10-22 9 min Mister Tonka 2
Amy 10-21 38 min Community Disorga... 7
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 55 min Le Jimbo 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min jacques Ottawa 179,286
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr C and P an Paste 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]