Topix Chitown Regulars

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83103 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
If not, then I have the satisfaction of knowing "I told you so" will haunt them if their dog dies.
<quoted text>
Wow.
hahabaha

Crossville, TN

#83104 Mar 27, 2013
ha

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83105 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
I would have given them an earful! I have no patience for people who let their dog wander off a leash. I hope my tirade embarrasses them into being more responsible. If not, then I have the satisfaction of knowing "I told you so" will haunt them if their dog dies.
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83106 Mar 27, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give people a break, dogs can escape.
Once. AFter that, it's either a careless or uncaring (about his neighborhood) owner. Zero tolerance.

And when MY dog got out (she would go running if she could, up until about age 4), I went after her. Every time. That little stinker.

Location hidden

#83107 Mar 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Polish and there is a culture barrier as well as a language barrier. If my husband was home I would have him talk to them. He already had to talk to his Mother's next door neighbor on Sunday (neighbor is a roofer and got aggressive with my MIL when he saw that she had another roofer over to give her an estimate on the house). Husband tells me that I don't understand the culture as well as he does, which has caused slight problems with several neighbors and family members, but I figure that if you are living here for 5+ years you have had ample time to assimilate.
ITA. Is your husband polish? YOur last name doesn't seem Polish to me.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#83108 Mar 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
yell at the dog "Nie Wolno!" (Knee vole no!) it's "That is not allowed!" If you yell it, the neighbors may hear and get an idea that something's up... and hopefully you scare the crap into to the dog!

why is it that i know taht and food words in Polish...

Location hidden

#83109 Mar 27, 2013
Giki giki oyukayluk.

Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#83110 Mar 27, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Giki giki oyukayluk.
Eskimo for "Hurry hurry let's have sex."
You are a woman of many talents.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#83111 Mar 27, 2013
What?
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

#83112 Mar 27, 2013
This dog did not.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Give people a break, dogs can escape.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#83113 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
What?
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.

"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83114 Mar 27, 2013
For how long is everyone going to have the red equals sign as their Facebook pic? It's aesthetically confusing me that so many people have the same profile pic.

This morning, a gay Facebook friend posted a pic of a big red rectangle in a slightly more orange shade that read "I like this shade of red better. Just saying" across it. Love him.
cheluzal

Tampa, FL

#83115 Mar 27, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I invoked your name the other day. Mimi has her 12 year old nephew living with her for a little bit and you came to mind as teh Subject Matter Expert.
Aww, LOL.
I *just* left my big meeting and it went swimmingly! I had no nerves, only excitement, and I was really confident. I had one prof in tears....mentioned bro...one of my dissertation interest is the middle level child...
It was great and now I have until the end of June to study like a mofo and get all my expertise in my brain, memorized with names of theorists, etc.
ACK!
I shall be underground until early July, LOL.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#83116 Mar 27, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
For how long is everyone going to have the red equals sign as their Facebook pic? It's aesthetically confusing me that so many people have the same profile pic.
This morning, a gay Facebook friend posted a pic of a big red rectangle in a slightly more orange shade that read "I like this shade of red better. Just saying" across it. Love him.
I imagine some will until there is a ruling. Or until the next picture is taken of them that captures their good side.

#83119 Mar 27, 2013
As usual you misunderstood.
I take no pleasure in an animals death, or in telling someone "I told you so", but when the emotional choice is one of senselessly bereaving for an animal that died due to the stupidity of its owner, or feeling disgust towards the owner who allowed their animal to die, I choose disgust.
For me, that disgust is manifest in the knowledge that I tried to warn the F* A*hole, but they ignored me.

Hope that helps.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't imagine being so petty and vindictive as to get satisfaction out of something like that. Someone's dog gets killed and you would take pleasure in the "I told you so?" My Uncle John is like that and he has "I told you so'd" himself into black sheepdom.
"The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others." -Aesop

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83120 Mar 27, 2013
I have one with the Grumpy Cat that says "Yes." And what Sam said. Until I get a better picture.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#83121 Mar 27, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I really liked the version with the Statue of Liberty kissing Justice in same pose as that famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse at the end of WWII.

Location hidden

#83122 Mar 27, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I found it to be kind of obnoxious on my ipad -- they look HUGE on my ipad and rather jarring in the contrast. So I'm skipping it. Plus, I figure everyone who knows me knows where I stand.

Location hidden

#83123 Mar 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I have one with the Grumpy Cat that says "Yes." And what Sam said. Until I get a better picture.
I saw that and loved it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83124 Mar 27, 2013
Took her to Social Services. Food stamps, cash, and medical. Yay!!!! Hooked her up over there with a DV worker who is getting her into a program called Phoenix ("rise from the ashes") Housing.

They will recommend her...she is a perfect candidate (duh) which will get her into a particular DV shelter that holds space for this program. THEN they will transition her into income dependent housing which isn't all that far from me. They will give her bus passes for her and her son so he doesn't have to switch schools again. He started school this morning.

She will have to go to counseling, etc., but the transitional housing is 2+years and they help her with getting into permanent housing. They are also able to, and going to, help her with all the legal stuff including getting him served, custody, etc. So she may be here a short while longer, but not THAT long.

Thank friggin god. I was out of options. The worker said we should know something by Friday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Snowball the Elep... 1,274,384
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dr Guru 196,830
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 54,487
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 3 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 3 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 4 hr OH Im NUTS 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages