United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a friend - online only - I've known for 10 years or longer now. She's pregnant for the first time. And posts numerous posts each day about pregnancy and the baby. Including, "Going to Walmart to get more diapers!"
No one cares, Brenda. No one.
Sort of related... a friend said to me over the weekend: "My Facebook page isn't Walmart. Not everyone is welcome."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Craigslist
They are standard 4 drawer file cabinets, roughly 5 feet tall. They cannot be mailed or shipped easily. I do not want everyone and his scuzzy uncle traipsing up my driveway checking out teh security system.

He got them in there. He'll get them out... with a little/lotta help from his (ahem) friends

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My two favorite quotes from the article:

"If people want to huck themselves off a cliff or arch, thatís their business,"

I love that he used the word "huck."

"If you donít do it exactly right, you can die,"

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a friend - online only - I've known for 10 years or longer now. She's pregnant for the first time. And posts numerous posts each day about pregnancy and the baby. Including, "Going to Walmart to get more diapers!"
No one cares, Brenda. No one.
Ha!

You should be like "Wow, weird. I was *just* wondering how you and your fetus were doing on your diaper supply! Thanks for the update! I'll sleep better tonight."

Not really. I'm not really an ass on Facebook, ever. But I think it. Oh, man, do I think it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of related... a friend said to me over the weekend: "My Facebook page isn't Walmart. Not everyone is welcome."
Love it.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

What's the over/under on that guy's last words being "Hey, brah, hold my bong and watch this!"?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Speaking of diapers, once in awhile I watch Ridiculousness -- which is basically funny YouTube videos. Basically stupid people doing stupid things.

One prank that was a good one (but you need an infant and a friend/relative with a weak stomach to baby poop). Fill a diaper with chocolate pudding and pretend you are changing a real smelly, poopie diaper. The guy smeared it on his friend who can't take any kind of poop. Hilarious. And I usually don't like poop jokes.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
Speaking of diapers, once in awhile I watch Ridiculousness -- which is basically funny YouTube videos. Basically stupid people doing stupid things.
One prank that was a good one (but you need an infant and a friend/relative with a weak stomach to baby poop). Fill a diaper with chocolate pudding and pretend you are changing a real smelly, poopie diaper. The guy smeared it on his friend who can't take any kind of poop. Hilarious. And I usually don't like poop jokes.
The videos of new parents with hair trigger gag reflexes, changing their baby's first diaper are always funny, too.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Saw one of a guy who put peanut butter down the back of his shorts, went to a crowded area, put his hand down the back of his pants to scratch his butt, came out with PB on his hands and ate it. People reacted negatively.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw one of a guy who put peanut butter down the back of his shorts, went to a crowded area, put his hand down the back of his pants to scratch his butt, came out with PB on his hands and ate it. People reacted negatively.
Really? I wonder why.

That's funny. Gross but funny. The peanut butter was still on his butt.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I wonder why.
That's funny. Gross but funny. The peanut butter was still on his butt.
Have you ever watched Jackass and seen what those guys will endure to amuse themselves? A little peanut butter on your butt is nothing.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Thoughts? Restaurant shames no-shows with reservations on Twitter.

http://bites.today.com/_news/2013/03/26/17474...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Okay, so the junk hauling and construction seemed amusing this morning. Now that it's almost 5, I'm really over it need a freaking drink. My friend A is apparently having the same kind of day so we just made plans to decompress together.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
It'll backfire on them big time. People just won't make a reservation and will go elsewhere.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
It appears they are doing a good enough business that they can afford to call people out so I have no problem with it. No one likes it when someone makes an appointment with you and is a no-show. I don't see why restaurants should be any different.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears they are doing a good enough business that they can afford to call people out so I have no problem with it. No one likes it when someone makes an appointment with you and is a no-show. I don't see why restaurants should be any different.
ITA. It's because of people like those "diners" that I can't get reservations at quite a few places. I'd even be willing to pay a deposit on my credit card, which I would forfeit if we didn't show up.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

While I am not endorsing last munute cancellations, I can't imagine that this "shaming" would affect me at all. Unless tons of your associates follow this restaurant on twitter, is anyone that matters actually going to see it? I know very few peeople that are even on twitter and even fewer who are following restaurants. So some place I cancelled on is posting my name. Oh no. How will I live down the shame?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Sooooo...

Took her to get the protection order and talk to the legal people. She has to make an appointment with a DV advocate. No prob. She has no phone, so she is using mine. Also no prob. I dropped her off at my house and went to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight. I was gone maybe 30 minutes.

I was talking to someone so I let the incoming call go to VM. I checked the VM. It was the advocate. Soooo I went in to the house and woke her up (2 PM) and told her to call the advocate, she left a VM.

She starts bitching at me, yelling actually, in my own house, about how I'm pushing her to do stuff (duh) and her eyes aren't even open, blah, blah, blah. Then she goes into a tirade about how it's a PITA to get him served in Cali.

I DON'T CARE!!!

So then she goes on about how doesn't it piss me off that I spent all that time doing stuff and now it's going to be a hassle to get him served, etc. No it doesn't because *I* am not the one having to serve him.

What pisses me off is people showing up at my house, unannounced (couple hours' notice), uninvited, moving in on me when I specifically said "no" previously, sprawling out all over my front room, all day, every day, sleeping all the fuc*%)g time, not helping do any of this extra work generated by two extra people (but sitting around watching ME do it) dropping all their BS problems on me (*I* didn't marry the mofo) and get all pissed off at me expecting them to do just the minimal amount of work for their own benefit. WHILE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE BEACH which I can't even go to because EVERYFUCKINGBODY is in MY HOUSE!

/rant

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sooooo...

Took her to get the protection order and talk to the legal people. She has to make an appointment with a DV advocate. No prob. She has no phone, so she is using mine. Also no prob. I dropped her off at my house and went to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight. I was gone maybe 30 minutes.

I was talking to someone so I let the incoming call go to VM. I checked the VM. It was the advocate. Soooo I went in to the house and woke her up (2 PM) and told her to call the advocate, she left a VM.

She starts bitching at me, yelling actually, in my own house, about how I'm pushing her to do stuff (duh) and her eyes aren't even open, blah, blah, blah. Then she goes into a tirade about how it's a PITA to get him served in Cali.

I DON'T CARE!!!

So then she goes on about how doesn't it piss me off that I spent all that time doing stuff and now it's going to be a hassle to get him served, etc. No it doesn't because *I* am not the one having to serve him.

What pisses me off is people showing up at my house, unannounced (couple hours' notice), uninvited, moving in on me when I specifically said "no" previously, sprawling out all over my front room, all day, every day, sleeping all the fuc*%)g time, not helping do any of this extra work generated by two extra people (but sitting around watching ME do it) dropping all their BS problems on me (*I* didn't marry the mofo) and get all pissed off at me expecting them to do just the minimal amount of work for their own benefit. WHILE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE BEACH which I can't even go to because EVERYFUCKINGBODY is in MY HOUSE!

/rant
Eeek.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeek.
Word. I am so livid right now. I realize that she is like a piece of wood on the ocean with no real direction, and I'm trying to be compassionate,but dammit you are fortyfreakingsix years old. Time to grow up a LITTLE. Instead of doing stuff, only really phone calls, she is sitting her fatass on my couch watching a movie. I called the places myself said I was her,(I know her SS#) and set up appointments for her. Mimi don't play that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,921 - 81,940 of97,408
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,071,123
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 18 min Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 44 min _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 51 min _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 52 min _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••