Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83055 Mar 26, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw one of a guy who put peanut butter down the back of his shorts, went to a crowded area, put his hand down the back of his pants to scratch his butt, came out with PB on his hands and ate it. People reacted negatively.
Really? I wonder why.

That's funny. Gross but funny. The peanut butter was still on his butt.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83056 Mar 26, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I wonder why.
That's funny. Gross but funny. The peanut butter was still on his butt.
Have you ever watched Jackass and seen what those guys will endure to amuse themselves? A little peanut butter on your butt is nothing.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83057 Mar 26, 2013
Thoughts? Restaurant shames no-shows with reservations on Twitter.

http://bites.today.com/_news/2013/03/26/17474...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83058 Mar 26, 2013
Okay, so the junk hauling and construction seemed amusing this morning. Now that it's almost 5, I'm really over it need a freaking drink. My friend A is apparently having the same kind of day so we just made plans to decompress together.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83059 Mar 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
It'll backfire on them big time. People just won't make a reservation and will go elsewhere.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#83060 Mar 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
It appears they are doing a good enough business that they can afford to call people out so I have no problem with it. No one likes it when someone makes an appointment with you and is a no-show. I don't see why restaurants should be any different.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83061 Mar 26, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears they are doing a good enough business that they can afford to call people out so I have no problem with it. No one likes it when someone makes an appointment with you and is a no-show. I don't see why restaurants should be any different.
ITA. It's because of people like those "diners" that I can't get reservations at quite a few places. I'd even be willing to pay a deposit on my credit card, which I would forfeit if we didn't show up.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83062 Mar 26, 2013
While I am not endorsing last munute cancellations, I can't imagine that this "shaming" would affect me at all. Unless tons of your associates follow this restaurant on twitter, is anyone that matters actually going to see it? I know very few peeople that are even on twitter and even fewer who are following restaurants. So some place I cancelled on is posting my name. Oh no. How will I live down the shame?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83063 Mar 26, 2013
Sooooo...

Took her to get the protection order and talk to the legal people. She has to make an appointment with a DV advocate. No prob. She has no phone, so she is using mine. Also no prob. I dropped her off at my house and went to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight. I was gone maybe 30 minutes.

I was talking to someone so I let the incoming call go to VM. I checked the VM. It was the advocate. Soooo I went in to the house and woke her up (2 PM) and told her to call the advocate, she left a VM.

She starts bitching at me, yelling actually, in my own house, about how I'm pushing her to do stuff (duh) and her eyes aren't even open, blah, blah, blah. Then she goes into a tirade about how it's a PITA to get him served in Cali.

I DON'T CARE!!!

So then she goes on about how doesn't it piss me off that I spent all that time doing stuff and now it's going to be a hassle to get him served, etc. No it doesn't because *I* am not the one having to serve him.

What pisses me off is people showing up at my house, unannounced (couple hours' notice), uninvited, moving in on me when I specifically said "no" previously, sprawling out all over my front room, all day, every day, sleeping all the fuc*%)g time, not helping do any of this extra work generated by two extra people (but sitting around watching ME do it) dropping all their BS problems on me (*I* didn't marry the mofo) and get all pissed off at me expecting them to do just the minimal amount of work for their own benefit. WHILE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE BEACH which I can't even go to because EVERYFUCKINGBODY is in MY HOUSE!

/rant

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83064 Mar 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sooooo...

Took her to get the protection order and talk to the legal people. She has to make an appointment with a DV advocate. No prob. She has no phone, so she is using mine. Also no prob. I dropped her off at my house and went to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight. I was gone maybe 30 minutes.

I was talking to someone so I let the incoming call go to VM. I checked the VM. It was the advocate. Soooo I went in to the house and woke her up (2 PM) and told her to call the advocate, she left a VM.

She starts bitching at me, yelling actually, in my own house, about how I'm pushing her to do stuff (duh) and her eyes aren't even open, blah, blah, blah. Then she goes into a tirade about how it's a PITA to get him served in Cali.

I DON'T CARE!!!

So then she goes on about how doesn't it piss me off that I spent all that time doing stuff and now it's going to be a hassle to get him served, etc. No it doesn't because *I* am not the one having to serve him.

What pisses me off is people showing up at my house, unannounced (couple hours' notice), uninvited, moving in on me when I specifically said "no" previously, sprawling out all over my front room, all day, every day, sleeping all the fuc*%)g time, not helping do any of this extra work generated by two extra people (but sitting around watching ME do it) dropping all their BS problems on me (*I* didn't marry the mofo) and get all pissed off at me expecting them to do just the minimal amount of work for their own benefit. WHILE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE BEACH which I can't even go to because EVERYFUCKINGBODY is in MY HOUSE!

/rant
Eeek.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83065 Mar 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeek.
Word. I am so livid right now. I realize that she is like a piece of wood on the ocean with no real direction, and I'm trying to be compassionate,but dammit you are fortyfreakingsix years old. Time to grow up a LITTLE. Instead of doing stuff, only really phone calls, she is sitting her fatass on my couch watching a movie. I called the places myself said I was her,(I know her SS#) and set up appointments for her. Mimi don't play that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83066 Mar 26, 2013
You scare me sometimes woman.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Word. I am so livid right now. I realize that she is like a piece of wood on the ocean with no real direction, and I'm trying to be compassionate,but dammit you are fortyfreakingsix years old. Time to grow up a LITTLE. Instead of doing stuff, only really phone calls, she is sitting her fatass on my couch watching a movie. I called the places myself said I was her,(I know her SS#) and set up appointments for her. Mimi don't play that.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83067 Mar 26, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Sooooo...
I DON'T CARE!!!
/rant
Not sure how you are dealing with this when you are not ranting, but have you articulated what precisely you expect her to do and where the boundaries are?

Do you have any of your usual roomates backing you up with her?

Is she off the drugs for the moment?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83068 Mar 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Yeah, if my fking kid ended up in the hospital or I just totaled my car or whatever else comes up, calling the restaurant to cancel my eight o'clock reservation isn't gonna be very high on my priority list. They can bad-mouth me all they want, screw them. The twelve people who read about it can suck me, too. All they're gonna successfully accomplish is to make dam sure I don't make reservations with them ever again. First rule of any small business is don't pzz off your customers, or even potential customers. Guess they'll learn the hard way. Welcome to America.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83069 Mar 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
You scare me sometimes woman.
<quoted text>
Good.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83070 Mar 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you are dealing with this when you are not ranting, but have you articulated what precisely you expect her to do and where the boundaries are?
Do you have any of your usual roomates backing you up with her?
Is she off the drugs for the moment?
Yes she's not doing any drugs right now. Had a long (and loud) talk with her tonight about what I expect her to do. Everyone is backing me up, that's not an issue, but she is *my* sister so somehow it's all my problem to deal with...her problems are I mean. So, she cried, told me she was going back, so I said "If that's what you really want to do, then I can't stop you, I'm not your mother and I will not succumb to emotional blackmail."

I told her that all of her problems, that are her problems because of choices she's made are not everyone else's to have to fix.

I am willing to help her all I can, but she will have to do the work herself...including waking up at a reasonable hour, going places, talking to people, calling people, etc. I can not have her continually stay here. Even if I wanted to, it's not possible and it's not good for her to think that it's going to turn out that way because it's not. She has until Tuesday to get another place.

Also, she needs to not ask to drive my car. Not gonna happen. Jokes about it are NOT funny, it is passive aggressive BS and it annoys the hell out of me.

I have my *own* issues to deal with, bills to pay, people to be accountable to, etc., etc., etc., even though she can't see beyond her own crap right now -which I understand- she needs to understand that her problems do not take precedence over my own things. No one is judging her, we all make choices for good or ill, BUT we don't all dump them on everyone else when the shithitsthefan.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83071 Mar 27, 2013
Mimi, If she does go back what of the boy?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83072 Mar 27, 2013
Last night, I dreamed Nick and I got married and we had a baby girl. She was beautiful. And then suddenly, it wasn't Nick, it was my coworker S. And I said to him, regarding the wife of 25 years and mother of his two kids, "I don't suppose we can count on W for babysitting?"

I told that to S today and he laughed his butt off. I told him whether or not he tells W (who is hilarious and wonderful), is up to him.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83073 Mar 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Mimi, If she does go back what of the boy?
Yeah, see there's the problem. Legally I couldn't do anything. He is her son and his father (POS BIL) is alive so there's nothing I can do I don't think without bringing CPS into it. It's not really a CPS thing, just a bad bad bad thing, and I don't really want to put him (and Sis) through that crap for no real reason.

Also I know I'm not really equipped to raise a teenager right now. Even though Chris was still dependent on me for a lot of stuff, he *was* an adult, and had already gone through that and would have become a lot more independent of me by this point. He would turn 26 this June, so the difference there is 14 years. Also, how would I feel raising someone else's kid, someone who isn't really what I (or anyone really) would call a *good* parent, who is alive while my kid is dead. Would I resent it? To what degree? All this stuff has gone through my head in the past few days.

Sooo to answer your question, I don't know. I don't think I could do anything but let him go with her and hope to be a good influence from a distance. I talked to my other nephew (the 19 year old) the other day and laid a (massive) guilt trip on him about joining a gang. <shrug>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83074 Mar 27, 2013
Oh, man...I think I might be going to India for business in June. Six weeks. Trying not to jinx it, but that would be the coolest thing ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,110,071
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Grau 68,496
Abby 9-20 36 min Mister Tonka 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Kristy 46,724
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 1 hr boundary painter 375
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 622
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 4,720
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••