|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wood filing cabinets? She could sell those and make a good buck.(If they're good wood and in good shape.)
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay? Yeah, didn't think so.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

So, as I recounted yesterday, the in-law's pug had to be put to sleep on Saturday.

By the time I picked up the girls yesterday, my MIL had already put a down payment on a boston terrier puppy...in Iowa. She won't be ready to come home until late April, however.

She looks very sweet, but tiny. I can't wait for some puppy breath!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay? Yeah, didn't think so.
As is. Some people like the look of aged wood and a couple of scratches. Gives it character.

I watch way too much HGTV and shows like that. Rehab Addict comes to mind (she renovates houses using as much of the original and/or period pieces as possible) and West End Architectural Salvage takes pieces, sometimes makes other things out of them and redoes people's houses. They design some cool stuff.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hey -- speaking of Rehab Addict...

She's out of Minnesota. Red, aren't you from Minnesota -- Minneapolis and St. Paul area? That's where she works out of. Her name is Nicole Curtis. Heard of her?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
As is. Some people like the look of aged wood and a couple of scratches. Gives it character.
I watch way too much HGTV and shows like that. Rehab Addict comes to mind (she renovates houses using as much of the original and/or period pieces as possible) and West End Architectural Salvage takes pieces, sometimes makes other things out of them and redoes people's houses. They design some cool stuff.
People will buy those cabinets as is. THey would be gone in 30 minutes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
Hey -- speaking of Rehab Addict...
She's out of Minnesota. Red, aren't you from Minnesota -- Minneapolis and St. Paul area? That's where she works out of. Her name is Nicole Curtis. Heard of her?
Nope, never heard of her, but I don't watch HGTV.(I used to and LOVED it.)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay?
Have you been talking to my husband and not telling me about it?!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

If I can get him to sell those things, I will personally buy a round of drinks for everyone here.... lurkers and trolls included.

After that- the BASEMENT

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
If I can get him to sell those things, I will personally buy a round of drinks for everyone here.... lurkers and trolls included.
After that- the BASEMENT
Can they be used for spices? Maybe putting some kind of rack in the drawers? I may have a buyer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
After that- the BASEMENT
What would he do if you sold it out from under him?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

My newest Facebook pet peeve: people (and in this case, I mean women) who use it like Pinterest. I don't want my entire feed to be 50 different links in a row to cupcake recipes or inspirational sayings, thanks. I don't think you can block without de-friending on the mobile app.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
After that- the BASEMENT
Look on eBay and see if someone is selling anything LIKE it. Then tell him how much they are asking. Maybe greed will motivate him.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hey everyone, Just testing out my new chrome book. Liking better than the tablet thing. has usb, recognized my songs, now testing topix. Later it will be test of the external drive and the HDMI out to the tv. If all goes well, will keep otherwise back to the store.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

And, ugh, yet another one of my SAHM friends decided she thinks she's a professional photographer. For the love of Pete, take a class if you're going to have a big fancy SLR camera.

At least this one has a cute kid. One of my other friends has "meh" looking kids and she captures them at their most awkward. And posts every...single...frame.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

I have a friend - online only - I've known for 10 years or longer now. She's pregnant for the first time. And posts numerous posts each day about pregnancy and the baby. Including, "Going to Walmart to get more diapers!"

No one cares, Brenda. No one.
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Look on eBay and see if someone is selling anything LIKE it. Then tell him how much they are asking. Maybe greed will motivate him.
Craigslist

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What would he do if you sold it out from under him?
I would not do that unless they became a fire or health hazard.That one is not on the menu.

Finding what some place is buying them for might entice him

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My newest Facebook pet peeve: people (and in this case, I mean women) who use it like Pinterest. I don't want my entire feed to be 50 different links in a row to cupcake recipes or inspirational sayings, thanks. I don't think you can block without de-friending on the mobile app.
Word.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a friend - online only - I've known for 10 years or longer now. She's pregnant for the first time. And posts numerous posts each day about pregnancy and the baby. Including, "Going to Walmart to get more diapers!"
No one cares, Brenda. No one.
Sort of related... a friend said to me over the weekend: "My Facebook page isn't Walmart. Not everyone is welcome."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••