Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

You know, other than when I first got Mia and she was a tiny kitten getting used to new food, I've never had pets taht fart. I truly didn't get the dog fart jokes that people say, because our dogs didn't fart. My dog Bailey farted only one night that I remember (and that was the night she came with me to a boyfriend's house). she stank up the place.
Otherwise, my pets just haven't done it. I have no idea why. they eat good food, but lots of animals eat good food.
Meanwhile,*I* have chased Nick out of a room with bad gas, but he hasn't beaten me at it yet. I am the queen!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
You know, other than when I first got Mia and she was a tiny kitten getting used to new food, I've never had pets taht fart. I truly didn't get the dog fart jokes that people say, because our dogs didn't fart. My dog Bailey farted only one night that I remember (and that was the night she came with me to a boyfriend's house). she stank up the place.
Otherwise, my pets just haven't done it. I have no idea why. they eat good food, but lots of animals eat good food.
Meanwhile,*I* have chased Nick out of a room with bad gas, but he hasn't beaten me at it yet. I am the queen!
I'm the queen at it in our house, but hubby once farted himself awake and another time he dutch-ovened himself...

we laugh like 13YO boys at farts around here. it doesn't take much some days...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the queen at it in our house, but hubby once farted himself awake and another time he dutch-ovened himself...
Ha! we laugh, too!

One day at work (old job), I had two coworkers near me and we were all good friends who did a lot together outside of work. One day my lunch was chili (all beans, no meat), an apple (fruit = gas), and pop. Oh my god it was a lethal combination. Alicia said over the cube wall, "Who shit their pants?" We laughed until we cried!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Ah, another odorific ride on the el. And there isn't even an odorific person to blame it on. Just odorific fumes...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

My dogs fart like crazy. My childhood dog, Cleo, was a lab-beagle mix; I could probably count on one hand the number of times she farted. Was hilarious because it always scared her and she'd turn around and look at her butt like "WTF?".

Dexter and Angus...holy hell. We knew it was a thing with brachycephalic (sp?) dogs, but damn. Dexter could clear a room when he was a bitty puppy.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

From my office, I have a front row seat to watch the Got Junk? guys haul away some old (huge and cumbersome) filing cabinets. This could be entertaining.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

My Maltese used to be a burper, not a farter, but that has changed. My Lab mix has always had the occasional fart but nothing too frequent. Both of them are almost always SBDs though so you're just sitting there and then a fist of stink hits you with no warning.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
From my office, I have a front row seat to watch the Got Junk? guys haul away some old (huge and cumbersome) filing cabinets. This could be entertaining.
I've never actually seen one of those trucks. I'd be tempted to follow it to see if they're gutting a hoarder's house. Like on Hoarders.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never actually seen one of those trucks. I'd be tempted to follow it to see if they're gutting a hoarder's house. Like on Hoarders.
I've never seen them in person until today either. We're doing some rearranging in our office so it's not nearly as bad as Hoarders but the carpet where this file cabinet used to be is pretty gross. Right outside my door.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Great. Now I've got a dude next to me chewing gum like he's a cow and I've got to pay attention to the old man on the other side in case he falls over because the conductor is driving like a cab driver.
Ooo, gum chewer just got off. Things are looking up.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Sigh. I only wish.

My husband used to have his office in a building where an insurance company went out of business. They just left all their wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets. The moving van came and took many of them away. Unfortunately the moving van came to our house and dropped them off. I have a 2 car garage. One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.

Like I said. Sigh

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

My ex would bring home things from people's GARBAGE. Seriously. St. Paul has an alley system and we ended up with broken lamps, broken TVs, etc.,-- he always said he'd fix them. BUt he never did. I tried negotiating with him: "You already have enough projects to keep you busy for five years, how about not bringing home MORE projects until you make a dent in the ones you have?"

That didn't work.

Finally, I started sneaking the stuff into the garbage. Our spare bedroom had been overrun with crap, the garage was getting full (2.5 car garage with overhead storage and it was FULL!). He never evne noticed the stuff I got rid of was gone.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh. I only wish.
My husband used to have his office in a building where an insurance company went out of business. They just left all their wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets. The moving van came and took many of them away. Unfortunately the moving van came to our house and dropped them off. I have a 2 car garage. One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.
Like I said. Sigh
Architectural salvage. I've seen quite a few of those in this kind of store. Selling for 100's.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Does dutch-ovened mean a lighting a match? That could be fun.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
My Maltese used to be a burper, not a farter, but that has changed. My Lab mix has always had the occasional fart but nothing too frequent. Both of them are almost always SBDs though so you're just sitting there and then a fist of stink hits you with no warning.
"fist of stink" Stealing that.

Mine are like 30 lb fratboys. Burp, fart, slurp, snore.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Does dutch-ovened mean a lighting a match? That could be fun.
My first husband loved to get me in the dutch oven. It's when you silent-but-deadly fart under the covers and then quickly lift the covers up and down so the stinky air rushes right over the poor unsuspecting bedmate.

So funny.

Not.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My first husband loved to get me in the dutch oven. It's when you silent-but-deadly fart under the covers and then quickly lift the covers up and down so the stinky air rushes right over the poor unsuspecting bedmate.
So funny.
Not.
My ex-husband used to time his farts so the oscillating fan would blow them on me. Also funny.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

There's some new show on HGTV I think, where two teams of two people go to a flea market and grab stuff to refurbish/repurpose. They then have to see who can sell their refurbished stuff fastest at another flea market, while making a profit.

I've only watched it once, but that's fun. I wish I had the desire to refurbish furniture.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

PEllen wrote:
One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.
Sounds like it's high time for a bon fire!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,881 - 81,900 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min shinningelectr0n 1,073,275
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 2 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,782
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 4 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr voice of peace 67,553
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••