Comments
81,881 - 81,900 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83013 Mar 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never actually seen one of those trucks. I'd be tempted to follow it to see if they're gutting a hoarder's house. Like on Hoarders.
I've never seen them in person until today either. We're doing some rearranging in our office so it's not nearly as bad as Hoarders but the carpet where this file cabinet used to be is pretty gross. Right outside my door.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#83014 Mar 26, 2013
Great. Now I've got a dude next to me chewing gum like he's a cow and I've got to pay attention to the old man on the other side in case he falls over because the conductor is driving like a cab driver.
Ooo, gum chewer just got off. Things are looking up.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83015 Mar 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
From my office, I have a front row seat to watch the Got Junk? guys haul away some old (huge and cumbersome) filing cabinets. This could be entertaining.
Sigh. I only wish.

My husband used to have his office in a building where an insurance company went out of business. They just left all their wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets. The moving van came and took many of them away. Unfortunately the moving van came to our house and dropped them off. I have a 2 car garage. One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.

Like I said. Sigh

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83016 Mar 26, 2013
My ex would bring home things from people's GARBAGE. Seriously. St. Paul has an alley system and we ended up with broken lamps, broken TVs, etc.,-- he always said he'd fix them. BUt he never did. I tried negotiating with him: "You already have enough projects to keep you busy for five years, how about not bringing home MORE projects until you make a dent in the ones you have?"

That didn't work.

Finally, I started sneaking the stuff into the garbage. Our spare bedroom had been overrun with crap, the garage was getting full (2.5 car garage with overhead storage and it was FULL!). He never evne noticed the stuff I got rid of was gone.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83017 Mar 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh. I only wish.
My husband used to have his office in a building where an insurance company went out of business. They just left all their wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets. The moving van came and took many of them away. Unfortunately the moving van came to our house and dropped them off. I have a 2 car garage. One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.
Like I said. Sigh
Architectural salvage. I've seen quite a few of those in this kind of store. Selling for 100's.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83018 Mar 26, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the queen at it in our house, but hubby once farted himself awake and another time he dutch-ovened himself...
we laugh like 13YO boys at farts around here. it doesn't take much some days...
Does dutch-ovened mean a lighting a match? That could be fun.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83019 Mar 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
My Maltese used to be a burper, not a farter, but that has changed. My Lab mix has always had the occasional fart but nothing too frequent. Both of them are almost always SBDs though so you're just sitting there and then a fist of stink hits you with no warning.
"fist of stink" Stealing that.

Mine are like 30 lb fratboys. Burp, fart, slurp, snore.

Evanston IL

#83020 Mar 26, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Does dutch-ovened mean a lighting a match? That could be fun.
My first husband loved to get me in the dutch oven. It's when you silent-but-deadly fart under the covers and then quickly lift the covers up and down so the stinky air rushes right over the poor unsuspecting bedmate.

So funny.

Not.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83021 Mar 26, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My first husband loved to get me in the dutch oven. It's when you silent-but-deadly fart under the covers and then quickly lift the covers up and down so the stinky air rushes right over the poor unsuspecting bedmate.
So funny.
Not.
My ex-husband used to time his farts so the oscillating fan would blow them on me. Also funny.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#83022 Mar 26, 2013
There's some new show on HGTV I think, where two teams of two people go to a flea market and grab stuff to refurbish/repurpose. They then have to see who can sell their refurbished stuff fastest at another flea market, while making a profit.

I've only watched it once, but that's fun. I wish I had the desire to refurbish furniture.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83023 Mar 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
One whole side is wooden 4 drawer filing cabinets.
Sounds like it's high time for a bon fire!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83024 Mar 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like it's high time for a bon fire!
Wood filing cabinets? She could sell those and make a good buck.(If they're good wood and in good shape.)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83025 Mar 26, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wood filing cabinets? She could sell those and make a good buck.(If they're good wood and in good shape.)
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay? Yeah, didn't think so.

Evanston IL

#83026 Mar 26, 2013
So, as I recounted yesterday, the in-law's pug had to be put to sleep on Saturday.

By the time I picked up the girls yesterday, my MIL had already put a down payment on a boston terrier puppy...in Iowa. She won't be ready to come home until late April, however.

She looks very sweet, but tiny. I can't wait for some puppy breath!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#83027 Mar 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay? Yeah, didn't think so.
As is. Some people like the look of aged wood and a couple of scratches. Gives it character.

I watch way too much HGTV and shows like that. Rehab Addict comes to mind (she renovates houses using as much of the original and/or period pieces as possible) and West End Architectural Salvage takes pieces, sometimes makes other things out of them and redoes people's houses. They design some cool stuff.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#83028 Mar 26, 2013
Hey -- speaking of Rehab Addict...

She's out of Minnesota. Red, aren't you from Minnesota -- Minneapolis and St. Paul area? That's where she works out of. Her name is Nicole Curtis. Heard of her?

Location hidden

#83030 Mar 26, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
As is. Some people like the look of aged wood and a couple of scratches. Gives it character.
I watch way too much HGTV and shows like that. Rehab Addict comes to mind (she renovates houses using as much of the original and/or period pieces as possible) and West End Architectural Salvage takes pieces, sometimes makes other things out of them and redoes people's houses. They design some cool stuff.
People will buy those cabinets as is. THey would be gone in 30 minutes.

Location hidden

#83031 Mar 26, 2013
Toj wrote:
Hey -- speaking of Rehab Addict...
She's out of Minnesota. Red, aren't you from Minnesota -- Minneapolis and St. Paul area? That's where she works out of. Her name is Nicole Curtis. Heard of her?
Nope, never heard of her, but I don't watch HGTV.(I used to and LOVED it.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83032 Mar 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Is her husband gonna refurbish them and sell them on ebay?
Have you been talking to my husband and not telling me about it?!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83033 Mar 26, 2013
If I can get him to sell those things, I will personally buy a round of drinks for everyone here.... lurkers and trolls included.

After that- the BASEMENT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,100,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min 40ish 4,670
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min wojar 177,384
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 26 min Crazy Jae 1,451
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 28 min Crazy Jae 568
Word (Dec '08) 35 min Crazy Jae 4,651
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 44 min _Zoey_ 7,748
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••