Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Any Aziz Ansari fans here? Washington Post had a great piece on him yesterday, I shared it with coworkers who also are fans. One found out he's coming here so we all said "Yeah, awesome, fun night out."

Tickets are $65+.

Um, no thanks.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Any Aziz Ansari fans here? Washington Post had a great piece on him yesterday, I shared it with coworkers who also are fans. One found out he's coming here so we all said "Yeah, awesome, fun night out."
Tickets are $65+.
Um, no thanks.
Dwah? He's hilarious, but that's a bit steep for something I can catch on Comedy Central for relatively free.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
Obama was handed that war, edog.
Enough with the dam blaming of Bush, still. You people really need to find new ammo. Bammy has been your president for over four years now, when exactly is he gonna start being accountable for things?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwah? He's hilarious, but that's a bit steep for something I can catch on Comedy Central for relatively free.
Here's the article if you're interested:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/t...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
GUy at work is getting a divorce. I have never liked his wife -- she is rather unlikeable. Now it turns out, HER FRIENDS are coming to him to tell him that she has told them for yeras that she has planned this all along -- waiting until his first two (from another relationship) are done getting child support (they're in college now). Planned to divorce him and get child support and alimony.
Planned all along when she was "too sick" to work (despite having a college degree and being a licensed chiro) and stayed home to home school the kids. She PLANNED it to help her case for when she filed for divorce.
She PLANNED this when they got married -- to have two kids, be "too sick" to work so she'd establish that she stays home which makes him more likely to be on the hook for alimony.
I have disliked her from the first 20 minutes I spent with her and now I hate her guts. Their kids are 7 (twins) and they LOVE their dad, you should see them around him. That fucking bitch.
And she's trying to get the house. THe house he owned before she came along.
If he gets them to testify he'll be okay. If they've been married less than 10 years he'll be okay. It's too bad he married such a wicked person.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with the dam blaming of Bush, still. You people really need to find new ammo. Bammy has been your president for over four years now, when exactly is he gonna start being accountable for things?
That I point out how invading Iraq was a mistake of monumental proportions doesn't change the fact that Obama is a terrible President. I'm not one of these clowns who points to all of Bush's mistakes and somehow think that makes Obama a decent President. I've criticized Obama over plenty of things.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

My SIL is becoming a real negative Nancy. Every one of her tweets/FB posts have been downright bitchy and condescending of other people lately. Nobody even responds to them, except for adults telling her "Uh, yeah, that's kind of how the real world works".

I think her fiance wants to go in to ministry of some sort and everything she's involved with major-wise involves dealing with people (psychology and Christian education, I think). She has got to figure out how to deal with people. Even us computer nerds have to be semi-social. The next few weeks they have plans to not be at school on the weekends. I think that makes 8 weekends in a row off campus. Not coming here, though, so that's cool.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Also, Starbucks Gold! Finally!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
I'm with all you guys. I don't blame him. He took the time to think of the ramifications. I don't have a problem with assisted suicides in certain situations. The thing is, if you make that legal there's enough evil people who would say it was an assisted suicide when it's not.

I've known people who at the end of their life with cancer, the doctors do prescribe a tremendous amount of morphine. The doctors are being kind. Instead of suffocating to death the last day of their life they get to end it peacefully. Any good doctor knows how to legally do this. You don't need that day or half of day watching a loved one struggling to breath and in pain.

I wish more people could accept that people deserve to die in dignity. I do, however, understand how that can be abused.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My SIL is becoming a real negative Nancy. Every one of her tweets/FB posts have been downright bitchy and condescending of other people lately. Nobody even responds to them, except for adults telling her "Uh, yeah, that's kind of how the real world works".
I think her fiance wants to go in to ministry of some sort and everything she's involved with major-wise involves dealing with people (psychology and Christian education, I think). She has got to figure out how to deal with people. Even us computer nerds have to be semi-social. The next few weeks they have plans to not be at school on the weekends. I think that makes 8 weekends in a row off campus. Not coming here, though, so that's cool.
I don't suppose you could give us any examples of what she's complaining about? Or is it, the stuff that simply annoys us (if we notice it), she's making a federal case out of it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

My friend just bought this swimsuit.

SHe is, well, flat chested. I don't think it'll work.

http://www.forever21.com/Product/SetProduct.a...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Maybe someone needs to ask her what's bringing her down. Maybe her realizing she's feeding off the negative and not looking at the positives would help.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

We had a big breakthrough at swimming lessons on Saturday.

Unfortunately, Lulu inherited my childhood fear of putting one's face in the water. I doggie paddled for AGES before finally taking real lessons and I've watched Lulu do the same thing. So I've been really worried that the time & money we're spending on these lessons were going to be wasted because she would never even try to get her face in the water.

Well, Saturday she did it! The teacher had them laying on the edge of the pool with just their faces hanging over the edge blowing bubbles. When I saw what was happening, I immediately thought "oh no, we're gonna have some trouble" but she didn't even blink an eye; just did what she was asked to do. And while all this was going on across the pool, the parents on either side of me were chit-chatting over me about some adoption drama. So when I really wanted to jump up and cheer for my girl like she just scored the winning goal and in the process clocking both of these people in the face, I had to settle for the double thumbs-up and a big, big smile. Lulu did look over to see if I was watching, so I'm glad I was paying attention to her and not the dumb convo going on over me.

When I told her how proud I was of her, she said "It was nothing mom."

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
IMO, if you're over 21, I don't think you should be shopping at Forever 21.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with all you guys. I don't blame him. He took the time to think of the ramifications. I don't have a problem with assisted suicides in certain situations. The thing is, if you make that legal there's enough evil people who would say it was an assisted suicide when it's not.
I've known people who at the end of their life with cancer, the doctors do prescribe a tremendous amount of morphine. The doctors are being kind. Instead of suffocating to death the last day of their life they get to end it peacefully. Any good doctor knows how to legally do this. You don't need that day or half of day watching a loved one struggling to breath and in pain.
I wish more people could accept that people deserve to die in dignity. I do, however, understand how that can be abused.
Back in the early '80s, we watched my elderly great-aunt be revived like 5 times; they knocked out teeth and broke ribs just to keep a little old lady alive for a few more days. Finally, my gram (great-aunt's little sister) bodily put herself between her sister and the last attempt to revive her. It was sad and rediculous that it even had to go that far.

I've been convinced since that day that we treat our dying pets WAY better than we treat our dying loved ones.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Oh, and speaking of dying pets, the in-law's pug had to be put to sleep on Saturday.

I'm kinda of ashamed at how happy we all were to hear that news.

They're going to start the process of looking for a female boston terrier puppy. She's already been named, so the girls can't wait to meet her.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose you could give us any examples of what she's complaining about? Or is it, the stuff that simply annoys us (if we notice it), she's making a federal case out of it?
The food, the weather, her phone, people making any sort of noise on her floor (at 10 a.m. on a weekday once), the kids at church being annoying, other people asking questions or saying things in class that she thinks are dumb, complaining about dress code at school not being enforced properly, the hallway in her dorm smelling, something really vague about Bloomington last time she was here. Just constant negativity.

J had a looooong talk with her last time she was here, but I think it fell on deaf ears. She and the fiance were talking about switching schools. The academic part is fine, she just can't make friends. Everybody is a stuck up b1tch or stupid, according to her. Switching schools isn't going to change that. And the school they're looking to switch to is even smaller--coming in as a sophomore or later, it's going to be even harder to break into social circles.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
i am not a fan of those on anyone, but for anyone to have a chance they need to have a chest.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
The food, the weather, her phone, people making any sort of noise on her floor (at 10 a.m. on a weekday once), the kids at church being annoying, other people asking questions or saying things in class that she thinks are dumb, complaining about dress code at school not being enforced properly, the hallway in her dorm smelling, something really vague about Bloomington last time she was here. Just constant negativity.
J had a looooong talk with her last time she was here, but I think it fell on deaf ears. She and the fiance were talking about switching schools. The academic part is fine, she just can't make friends. Everybody is a stuck up b1tch or stupid, according to her. Switching schools isn't going to change that. And the school they're looking to switch to is even smaller--coming in as a sophomore or later, it's going to be even harder to break into social circles.
It sounds like she has the double whammy of a lack of empathy combined with being concerned/bothered by what other people are doing that doesn't involve/affect her. It really sounds like she just isn't happy with herself and she's projecting. I hope she gets over this too soon, that's no way to go through life,'cause everything she's complaining about, she's never going to get away from. There's always going to be stupid people who say annoying things, rules won't always be enforced fairly, and there's a whole host of new annoyances out there waiting to make her acquaintance. In the mean time, unfortunately you are being subjected to it. Good luck.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I hope she has a lot of double sided tape.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,861 - 81,880 of96,404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,037,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
Amy 4-23 1 hr RACE 43
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance