Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82952 Mar 25, 2013
I got my trellis done. I didn't think it would take me that long, but it took awhile.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82953 Mar 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Wilma took out 3 posts along my fence. Snapped right at the ground. In fact, the telephone poles along the street were all snapped as well, but all about 3ft above the ground.
Glad you are safe. If the bathroom a real safe room, or just the most interior room?
<quoted text>
Bathroom and laundry room are the only 1st floor rooms in my house that are completely interior.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82954 Mar 25, 2013
Oh, and we had some pretty good winds here too. Shredded the canopy cover over my car. Good thing those are cheap.

Neda, stay with me!

#82955 Mar 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Bathroom and laundry room are the only 1st floor rooms in my house that are completely interior.
I dont have a single room that is completely interior Every room has an outside wall. But the bathroom is in the center of the house so to speak.

Neda, stay with me!

#82956 Mar 25, 2013
Thoughts?

Neda, stay with me!

#82957 Mar 25, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82958 Mar 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Can't say I blame him for taking control of his own life.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82959 Mar 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say I blame him for taking control of his own life.
I can't blame him either. Read that letter. One of the best indictments of the azzholes who were in agreement for going into Iraq. Starting at the top and all the way down to the military and rest of the politicians.

Location hidden

#82960 Mar 25, 2013
I don't blame him either. That was such a worthless war and it will haunt the republicans for some time to come..

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82961 Mar 25, 2013
Browsing the mug shots in the Trib this morning, one guy was arrested for "Criminally transmitting HIV." Nice knowing they'll actually arrest someon for that. Probably one of the saucier investigations.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82962 Mar 25, 2013
I feel for this guy and his wife, and also his family. It must be hell for the parents to watch their son live this way, and then die this way. But from what I've heard parents say, they'd rather their child die than continue to suffer.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82963 Mar 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel for this guy and his wife, and also his family. It must be hell for the parents to watch their son live this way, and then die this way. But from what I've heard parents say, they'd rather their child die than continue to suffer.
After my mom's final week in the hospital, I have no clue how people can watch someone suffer horribly for years at a time like that. Maybe it becomes somewhat *normal* after a while, but it's got to be a complete nightmare.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82964 Mar 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I don't blame him either. That was such a worthless war and it will haunt the republicans for some time to come..
It's been Obama's war for the last four years...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82965 Mar 25, 2013
The thing that gets me is that this man is still mentally capable. He has been living with the surgeries, pain and everything else for years. He is able to make his own decisions and they need to be respected.

I understand that people want to be supportive and try to keep a positive attitude, but there comes a point where people have to put their own feelings aside. That becomes even harder when someone is not conscious or mentally in control of their facilities, but hasn't left any instructions on what to do regarding extreme measures.

Location hidden

#82966 Mar 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been Obama's war for the last four years...
Obama was handed that war, edog. I also think it winded down about the best it could. It was pure folly to go in there.

Location hidden

#82967 Mar 25, 2013
Any Aziz Ansari fans here? Washington Post had a great piece on him yesterday, I shared it with coworkers who also are fans. One found out he's coming here so we all said "Yeah, awesome, fun night out."

Tickets are $65+.

Um, no thanks.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82968 Mar 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Any Aziz Ansari fans here? Washington Post had a great piece on him yesterday, I shared it with coworkers who also are fans. One found out he's coming here so we all said "Yeah, awesome, fun night out."
Tickets are $65+.
Um, no thanks.
Dwah? He's hilarious, but that's a bit steep for something I can catch on Comedy Central for relatively free.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82969 Mar 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Obama was handed that war, edog.
Enough with the dam blaming of Bush, still. You people really need to find new ammo. Bammy has been your president for over four years now, when exactly is he gonna start being accountable for things?

Location hidden

#82970 Mar 25, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwah? He's hilarious, but that's a bit steep for something I can catch on Comedy Central for relatively free.
Here's the article if you're interested:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/t...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82971 Mar 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
GUy at work is getting a divorce. I have never liked his wife -- she is rather unlikeable. Now it turns out, HER FRIENDS are coming to him to tell him that she has told them for yeras that she has planned this all along -- waiting until his first two (from another relationship) are done getting child support (they're in college now). Planned to divorce him and get child support and alimony.
Planned all along when she was "too sick" to work (despite having a college degree and being a licensed chiro) and stayed home to home school the kids. She PLANNED it to help her case for when she filed for divorce.
She PLANNED this when they got married -- to have two kids, be "too sick" to work so she'd establish that she stays home which makes him more likely to be on the hook for alimony.
I have disliked her from the first 20 minutes I spent with her and now I hate her guts. Their kids are 7 (twins) and they LOVE their dad, you should see them around him. That fucking bitch.
And she's trying to get the house. THe house he owned before she came along.
If he gets them to testify he'll be okay. If they've been married less than 10 years he'll be okay. It's too bad he married such a wicked person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,110,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min ritedownthemiddle 46,828
Abby 9-22 1 hr edogxxx 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 624
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 4,736
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,931
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr boundary painter 325
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,203
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••