|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it matters where you live. All 12 year olds want the name brand stuff. I want a Northface jacket -- they seem to be better made and look nice. It's time for me to get a new warm winter coat (the puffy kind that sheds moisture) and I like to buy things at the end of the season to get the better price. I'm cheap.:) That said, I'm probably like you. There's no way I'm buying expensive things for kids that grow out of them in 2-3 months. Once they're settled in their growing, it's worth it to get the good stuff b/c it lasts longer. Before that, no way.
*I* have a Northface jacket, but then *I* am done with my growth spurts and *I* paid for it. He was telling me how MUCH he wants a laptop...a mini one...last night. Yeah, I got the hint the first 25 times you told me. LOL

Also, them being here, because they needed *so many* just basic things, and getting her driver's license before it expired today, and because I had to buy a lot more groceries, and because 12 year olds eat like they've been in the desert for 40 years, my budget is out the window until the middle/end of the week...depending on the day of my direct deposit.

Of course I did buy stuff that I would never use/eat, and let her buy some stuff that was more $$$ than I would spend because they've been living in pigshit so long, it's just nice to be able to *have**something* for a change. Taking them for haircuts next week. She got tired of her hair and cut it herself. It's not horrible, but it needs fixing. While I could fix it, I don't want to. His hair is ok, just kinda shaggy and in need of a cut.

Dude...they even blew up the money I had budgeted for Starbucks so here I sit drinking home made coffee...yuuuuk. Ok not really, I buy good coffee, but it's just not the same.:(

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I did buy stuff that I would never use/eat, and let her
Dude...they even blew up the money I had budgeted for Starbucks so here I sit drinking home made coffee...yuuuuk. Ok not really, I buy good coffee, but it's just not the same.:(
So Friday Groupon landed a deal with Starbucks $5 Groupon gets you $10 gift card. By the time I heard about it ( probably about an hour after it was posted, Groupon's site was overloaded. Still, it you are set up for that and if there are any left....

(heh- my spell check does not recognize Groupon.)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So Friday Groupon landed a deal with Starbucks $5 Groupon gets you $10 gift card. By the time I heard about it ( probably about an hour after it was posted, Groupon's site was overloaded. Still, it you are set up for that and if there are any left....
(heh- my spell check does not recognize Groupon.)
Cool thanks. I'll check it out.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

When Hurricane Charlie cam thru here in 2004, it cause millions in damage to the area. But it only knocked down 3 of my fence panels(sent one flying over the roof) and snapped 1 fence post. We were driving home about 2 hours ago when the national weather alert came on the radio. Tornado warnings for the area. Within 20 minutes of being home my wife screamed for everyone to get in the bathroom(safe room if you will). Thought she saw the makings of a tornado. We were already seeing some tremendous wind and rain out the back. I looked out the back, ad half our fence is gone. Not blown away, but knocked down. Posts that we have concreted into the ground, snapped. At least 7. Maybe more. Hopefully insurance will cover that. Daddy needs a new fence.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
When Hurricane Charlie cam thru here in 2004, it cause millions in damage to the area. But it only knocked down 3 of my fence panels(sent one flying over the roof) and snapped 1 fence post. We were driving home about 2 hours ago when the national weather alert came on the radio. Tornado warnings for the area. Within 20 minutes of being home my wife screamed for everyone to get in the bathroom(safe room if you will). Thought she saw the makings of a tornado. We were already seeing some tremendous wind and rain out the back. I looked out the back, ad half our fence is gone. Not blown away, but knocked down. Posts that we have concreted into the ground, snapped. At least 7. Maybe more. Hopefully insurance will cover that. Daddy needs a new fence.
Wow. Glad you all are safe.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Holy cow! I'm glad everyone is okay.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

So my day is going pretty well. Stopping at home to walk & feed the dogs, then going to watch the gator game.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Tell me you are not posting on Topix from the bathroom... with a cyclone outside. Please tell me that.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So my day is going pretty well. Stopping at home to walk & feed the dogs, then going to watch the gator game.
Not sure if I said this to you before. Something sort of good has come out you and Jasper breaking up.

My CA daughter and bf (of about 1 1/2 years) broke up about a month ago. Listening to the path you are traveling has helped me respond to her. I know the scale and intensity is different, but I met my husband in 1981 and there is a lot I have forgotten and a lot that has changed in 32 years. So , 26 year old in SF is unknowingly reaping some benefit.

Thank you for sharing.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me you are not posting on Topix from the bathroom... with a cyclone outside. Please tell me that.
No, but I did go upstairs and grab my tablet before I went to the bathroom. This thing happened so fast, we never actually all got in and closed the door. Though my tablet is still in there in the cabinet.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Glad you are safe. That's scary to sit through, even if you remain physically unscathed.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I read this too quickly and first thought you wrote that you were going home to feed the gator.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Happy Sunday night. Where did my weekend go? I was a useless slug most of the weekend until 4 p.m. today then I kicked it into high gear and prepped salad and stuff for the week, did dishes, took out the garbage, put laundry away. now I wish I'd done this yesterday or this morning.

I think I turn procrastination into an art form.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are safe. That's scary to sit through, even if you remain physically unscathed.
It literally happened so fast that there was no time to get scared(at least not me and the kids). I was downstairs with my son looking out the back window at the tremendous wind and rain. Then my wife stated screaming for everyone to get to the downstairs bathroom(only completely interior room downstairs). They got in the bathroom and I rounded up the dogs. Since my understanding is that a tornado sounds like a train, and I didn't hear no train, I ran upstairs and got the tablet. Before I could make it back downstairs my wife yelled up to me that the fence had been knocked down. And by then, it was already lightening up.

The reason she started screaming to get in the bathroom is cause she was upstairs and looked out a window and saw some swirling wind that she thought might be the forming of a tornado and THAT scared her. But all told, from the time she started screaming to the time I was coming back downstairs when she said the fence as down, was about 3-4 minutes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It literally happened so fast that there was no time to get scared(at least not me and the kids). I was downstairs with my son looking out the back window at the tremendous wind and rain. Then my wife stated screaming for everyone to get to the downstairs bathroom(only completely interior room downstairs). They got in the bathroom and I rounded up the dogs. Since my understanding is that a tornado sounds like a train, and I didn't hear no train, I ran upstairs and got the tablet. Before I could make it back downstairs my wife yelled up to me that the fence had been knocked down. And by then, it was already lightening up.
The reason she started screaming to get in the bathroom is cause she was upstairs and looked out a window and saw some swirling wind that she thought might be the forming of a tornado and THAT scared her. But all told, from the time she started screaming to the time I was coming back downstairs when she said the fence as down, was about 3-4 minutes.
It's just astounding how fast it came and went!

My coworker is a storm chaser and I think she's nuts!

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure if I said this to you before. Something sort of good has come out you and Jasper breaking up.

My CA daughter and bf (of about 1 1/2 years) broke up about a month ago. Listening to the path you are traveling has helped me respond to her. I know the scale and intensity is different, but I met my husband in 1981 and there is a lot I have forgotten and a lot that has changed in 32 years. So , 26 year old in SF is unknowingly reaping some benefit.

Thank you for sharing.
Wow... Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, things happen for a reason.
:)

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>I read this too quickly and first thought you wrote that you were going home to feed the gator.
Haha! I may be a Gator but I'm not a redneck!
;)

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

API don't remember if I told you guys about the guy I met watching the playoffs one night in January. Hadn't seen him since but we've texted here and there. I spent the whole afternoon and evening with him and did not freak out. Progress!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

I like that you're putting forth energy into this new stuff, which means you have less energy to be thinking about J.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt?

We find ourselves at a loss when someone says,'You don't knowJack Schitt!'

Well, thanks to genealogy efforts, you can now respond in an intellectual way.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.

Awe Schitt was married to O. Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, and owner of Needeep N. Schitt, Inc. They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout.

After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition who was nick-named Chicken Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Horse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world.

He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride,Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says,'You don't know Jack Schitt,' you can correct them.

Sincerely,

Crock O. Schitt

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,801 - 81,820 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min danetoo 67,858
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 52 min NITiN 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 174,457
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••