Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?
who knows what lurks down there...
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.

I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.
I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.
I can ,or could, play most of that on the piano. Fingers going into position just thinking about it.

Now its Sondheim Finishing the Hat and some really good red wine that D brought home.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!
an antique manhattan? Ewwww.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

RACE wrote:
And we all know I am on FB either.
<quoted text>
We KNOW. >:[

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.

I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.
I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.
WOO HOO!

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Yay!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:

Sounds like fun!

I didn't reply to your comment yesterday, but I laughed about the PMS thing, too :)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Thanks you guys. It's cool. Comment all you want, or not, whatever. I do know the drill of bringing up a boy. I don't see this as permanent, but I would like him to be settled a little bit. LOL Pelly Northface jackets...here too. <nod nod>
I don't think it matters where you live. All 12 year olds want the name brand stuff. I want a Northface jacket -- they seem to be better made and look nice. It's time for me to get a new warm winter coat (the puffy kind that sheds moisture) and I like to buy things at the end of the season to get the better price. I'm cheap.:) That said, I'm probably like you. There's no way I'm buying expensive things for kids that grow out of them in 2-3 months. Once they're settled in their growing, it's worth it to get the good stuff b/c it lasts longer. Before that, no way.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
It's so great you're letting yourself be excited about things again! Awesome.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?
who knows what lurks down there...
You could get one of those estate selling people. They deal with antiques and they'll sell and advertise them and you just collect (after their cut). That stuff that you would not want is someone else's treasure.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T7BKLDBFKRR9TPLA6#lastPos t
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T8544C0NP3...

Abby

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.
I went out tonight with a girl
You uh, switch hitting? Gonna try the best of both worlds for a while?

Jess! Someone in New Jersey won the megaball. Was it you? And can I have a million dollars? I promise I won't tease you for being a liberal and a Christie supporter... for a little while, anyway.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You uh, switch hitting? Gonna try the best of both worlds for a while?
Haha, no way. Just making new friends.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>You uh, switch hitting? Gonna try the best of both worlds for a while?

Jess! Someone in New Jersey won the megaball. Was it you? And can I have a million dollars? I promise I won't tease you for being a liberal and a Christie supporter... for a little while, anyway.
It was not me, unfortunately.

I have never hidden the fact that I am a fiscal conservative, but a social moderate. One of the candidates that I am supporting calls himself a Librertarian Republican. I love it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!
not quite.... the stuff that's down there is either too cheap in the first place - my bio-GPs were teachers who got married in the 40s - or ruined by too many years in a basement that has flooded a few times since 1967. blech. we think most of it is worthless, but it still needs to be gone through, piece by piece.

my mom is starting to get antsy about getting hte house on the market, so we really have to face the demons and spirits down there. not looking forward to it, even though we won't have gramma trailing behind us like a puppy giving a lecture on every... single... item... and why it cant get tossed.

we will be having an estate sale when we get thigns sorted adn the true crap culled.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You could get one of those estate selling people. They deal with antiques and they'll sell and advertise them and you just collect (after their cut). That stuff that you would not want is someone else's treasure.
that's the plan.... there is one name has come up a few times as my mom has talked wiht others in similar situations. we have some "spare" furniture in our basement that is going to go into hte sale... i figure here's an opportunity to get them into the hands of someone who needs/wants it and out of my cluttered basement. It's unfinished & all storage, but still...

we;re clearing the crap (who wants 25 YO cleaning supplies???), letting the family pick what they want that is sentimental, then calling in the estate sale people. we'll be able to comply with the intent of the will and make things easier for everyone involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,781 - 81,800 of97,506
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,077,642
Three Chicago programs are helping kids find th... 12 min bensleys thoughts 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,382
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 27 min Garry Ackerman 2
Music Artists A to Z 29 min not a ghost 256
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 34 min Huh 5
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 35 min not a ghost 358
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••