“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82892 Mar 23, 2013
Use a toaster.
PEllen wrote:
We have been in this house since 1988. I am cleaning out the 2 junk drawers in the kitchen. I found Domino's pizza coupons which expired in 1996 and matches from restaurants which are long out of business, all the scissors I thought I lost, enough chopsticks to stock a small restaurant, etc..
Also cleaning out teh freezer, defrosting unknown things to eat. Frozen stuffed peppers anyone?
My convection oven is not making me happy. Last try it browned eh front half of the muffins but not the back. This time it cooked evenly but did not brown the tops at all.
I am NOT a rookie cook and this is making me nuts.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82893 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt it was Linked In. That was not the way they worked.Their selling point is substantive interaction between people who want to be there
They did it. It's how they started their website years ago -- gleaning info and filling out profiles without people doing it themselves. They have outdated info for me and despite my having told them to delete my info, they refuse to do it.

Location hidden

#82894 Mar 23, 2013
I have never had a junk drawer. I hate them.

Instead, I have a junk house. Stuff is spreadout everywehre, not crammed into a drawer.
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#82895 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have never had a junk drawer. I hate them.
Instead, I have a junk house. Stuff is spreadout everywehre, not crammed into a drawer.
This and a junk basement. Have plans to clean cause upon my demise my kid will be yelling why did mom have all this crap. At least I won't have to listen.

Location hidden

#82896 Mar 23, 2013
Some movie with Jean Claude Von Damme (sp?), a gorgeous biracial actress from ER (looks a little like Rae Dawn Chong), and Ron Silver, involving time travel.

Jean and woman time travel back to do something in the nation's security interests. He tells her the year and that it's October 9. She laughs and says she'll turn 16 tomorrow.

Jean: "Dont' do something stupid and try to talk to your former self."

Woman: I'd like to tell her to not sleep with Joe Smith after the party, it was pretty disappointing.

Jean: A smart woman would call Joe and give him some advice on doing it better.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#82897 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Some movie with Jean Claude Von Damme (sp?), a gorgeous biracial actress from ER (looks a little like Rae Dawn Chong), and Ron Silver, involving time travel.
Jean and woman time travel back to do something in the nation's security interests. He tells her the year and that it's October 9. She laughs and says she'll turn 16 tomorrow.
Jean: "Dont' do something stupid and try to talk to your former self."
Woman: I'd like to tell her to not sleep with Joe Smith after the party, it was pretty disappointing.
Jean: A smart woman would call Joe and give him some advice on doing it better.
HA!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82898 Mar 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Use a toaster.
<quoted text>
To bake muffins? To broil a steak? Sounds like undergrad when I could cook a decent meal in an electric frying pan and a Corningware percolator

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82899 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
They did it. It's how they started their website years ago -- gleaning info and filling out profiles without people doing it themselves. They have outdated info for me and despite my having told them to delete my info, they refuse to do it.
If you have the LinkedIn password, I will give instructions on how to take down the profile. If you don't have teh LI password it is harder but still ca be done.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82900 Mar 23, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
This and a junk basement. Have plans to clean cause upon my demise my kid will be yelling why did mom have all this crap. At least I won't have to listen.
Ahh, the basement. The room whose name shall not be spoken aloud in polite company.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82901 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the basement. The room whose name shall not be spoken aloud in polite company.
But my unfinished, 1920's cold dungeon makes a great wine cellar.))

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#82902 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?

who knows what lurks down there...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82903 Mar 23, 2013
I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.

Location hidden

#82904 Mar 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?
who knows what lurks down there...
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!

Location hidden

#82905 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.

I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82906 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.
I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.
I can ,or could, play most of that on the piano. Fingers going into position just thinking about it.

Now its Sondheim Finishing the Hat and some really good red wine that D brought home.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82907 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!
an antique manhattan? Ewwww.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82908 Mar 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
And we all know I am on FB either.
<quoted text>
We KNOW. >:[

West Palm Beach, FL

#82909 Mar 23, 2013
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.

I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.

Location hidden

#82910 Mar 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.
I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.
WOO HOO!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82911 Mar 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Yay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,129,057
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,650
Amy 10-30 18 min edogxxx 11
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Lawrence Wolf 50,752
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,814
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 660
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr gcaveman1 47,578
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]