Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82893 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt it was Linked In. That was not the way they worked.Their selling point is substantive interaction between people who want to be there
They did it. It's how they started their website years ago -- gleaning info and filling out profiles without people doing it themselves. They have outdated info for me and despite my having told them to delete my info, they refuse to do it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82894 Mar 23, 2013
I have never had a junk drawer. I hate them.

Instead, I have a junk house. Stuff is spreadout everywehre, not crammed into a drawer.
Dahgts

Chicago, IL

#82895 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have never had a junk drawer. I hate them.
Instead, I have a junk house. Stuff is spreadout everywehre, not crammed into a drawer.
This and a junk basement. Have plans to clean cause upon my demise my kid will be yelling why did mom have all this crap. At least I won't have to listen.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82896 Mar 23, 2013
Some movie with Jean Claude Von Damme (sp?), a gorgeous biracial actress from ER (looks a little like Rae Dawn Chong), and Ron Silver, involving time travel.

Jean and woman time travel back to do something in the nation's security interests. He tells her the year and that it's October 9. She laughs and says she'll turn 16 tomorrow.

Jean: "Dont' do something stupid and try to talk to your former self."

Woman: I'd like to tell her to not sleep with Joe Smith after the party, it was pretty disappointing.

Jean: A smart woman would call Joe and give him some advice on doing it better.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#82897 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Some movie with Jean Claude Von Damme (sp?), a gorgeous biracial actress from ER (looks a little like Rae Dawn Chong), and Ron Silver, involving time travel.
Jean and woman time travel back to do something in the nation's security interests. He tells her the year and that it's October 9. She laughs and says she'll turn 16 tomorrow.
Jean: "Dont' do something stupid and try to talk to your former self."
Woman: I'd like to tell her to not sleep with Joe Smith after the party, it was pretty disappointing.
Jean: A smart woman would call Joe and give him some advice on doing it better.
HA!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82898 Mar 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Use a toaster.
<quoted text>
To bake muffins? To broil a steak? Sounds like undergrad when I could cook a decent meal in an electric frying pan and a Corningware percolator

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82899 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
They did it. It's how they started their website years ago -- gleaning info and filling out profiles without people doing it themselves. They have outdated info for me and despite my having told them to delete my info, they refuse to do it.
If you have the LinkedIn password, I will give instructions on how to take down the profile. If you don't have teh LI password it is harder but still ca be done.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82900 Mar 23, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
This and a junk basement. Have plans to clean cause upon my demise my kid will be yelling why did mom have all this crap. At least I won't have to listen.
Ahh, the basement. The room whose name shall not be spoken aloud in polite company.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82901 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the basement. The room whose name shall not be spoken aloud in polite company.
But my unfinished, 1920's cold dungeon makes a great wine cellar.))

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#82902 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, the basement. The room whose name shall not be spoken aloud in polite company.
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?

who knows what lurks down there...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82903 Mar 23, 2013
I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82904 Mar 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we fear my grandmother's basement... tax returns from 1945? vinyl vacation tour bags? glass bottles of 7-up? bottles of manhattans mixed in the '50s?
who knows what lurks down there...
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82905 Mar 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I hooked up the speakers on my new computer. WooHoo. Iceberg Radio and Pandora. As soon as Apple gets its password hack taken care of I will move my music onto the beast..
Older daughter has introduced me to Pink Martini. Its a nice counterpoint to Andrew Lloyd Weber and Cole Porter.
Next up: taxes.
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.

I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82906 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
austin band (mainly a married couple -- and they are ADORABLE hippie types) featured on this morning's news: Wild Child. I need to check them out. i love what I heard this morning.
I have Fiddler on the Roof on cassette, Inee dto download the CD.
I can ,or could, play most of that on the piano. Fingers going into position just thinking about it.

Now its Sondheim Finishing the Hat and some really good red wine that D brought home.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82907 Mar 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW!
an antique manhattan? Ewwww.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82908 Mar 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
And we all know I am on FB either.
<quoted text>
We KNOW. >:[

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#82909 Mar 23, 2013
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.

I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82910 Mar 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.
I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.
WOO HOO!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82911 Mar 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.
I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.
Yay!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82912 Mar 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So... Did not make it to the boat show today BUT did make plans to go tomorrow... With a guy.

I went out tonight with a girl I met on the plane on Wednesday. This is the new social me. As One Republic says, I feel again.
Sounds like fun!

I didn't reply to your comment yesterday, but I laughed about the PMS thing, too :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min FastandFurious 189,631
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,232,042
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr red and right 53,456
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 404
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,237
Dear Abby 5-22-15 4 hr tiredofit 8
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 7 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]