“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82831 Mar 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
For the price, its almost worth it. I was going to suggest renting an engine pull. You could lift/chock the bow, then do the same for the stern
<quoted text>
An engine hoist? I have one. It's holding my engine, lol.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82832 Mar 22, 2013
Ha!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
An engine hoist? I have one. It's holding my engine, lol.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82833 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans:

First, my sister now has an ID! Took her to DMV yesterday and she got her DL renewed. It was set to expire on Sunday, so we got that in RIGHT under the wire. And now, stupid DMV just raised the cost to $45.00 freaking dollars. Really? Douchebags. For reference...they were $20.00 <sigh>

Today: Taking them shopping. They had nothing, and I do mean nothing. A backpack between them. I just finished folding their laundry and each and every single article of clothing is either full of holes or otherwise ruined. I bought them shampoo, body wash, toothpaste (and brushes) and stuff yesterday, but they need other stuff, not the least of which is clothes, so there goes my new laptop. <sigh> Also going to see about my nephew getting registered in school and about petitioning the court to re-open her divorce petition from a few years ago. Apparently you can do that.

Tomorrow: Just letting everyone rest and feel safe for a while. She's not receptive to rehab...yet, but she is receptive to the shelter (the one with all of the resources) that I want her to go to, so I'm thinking of trying to get her in there on Monday. She's also amenable to counseling, so there's positive starts happening.

Sunday: Taking my nephew (ahem) to church. Quit looking at me like that. He asked if I would take him, so I am. <shrug>

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82834 Mar 22, 2013
I cant believe this. I have to strip and get my nutz fondled and this guy just waltz on by
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57575750/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82835 Mar 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Wait. weren't cocapuffs outlawed by Bloomberg.
HA!

I do think those food bans are just ridiculous.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82836 Mar 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> As if this is just a liberal tactic.
I could be wrong, but didn't the gay marriage issue first pic up real steam when we were going into iraq? Wasn't it the REPUBLICANS who started getting state amendments on the ballot to ban gay marriage? Shell game of look over here not over at the Iraq invasion?
Right. They successfully kept the Iraq war a secret

“reign in blood”

United States

#82837 Mar 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Weekend plans:
Tonight: just found out this morning that I'm my own tonight. Prolly watch a movie....
Want me to come over?

Miami, FL

#82838 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I had guinea pigs, I would have that dream. Like, there was a fire or something and I had to hold them all at once. I had 5 at one point.
Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in a while. My Vegas dream also had an appearance by this girl I knew in junior high (we weren't even friends) and me, running down the strip singing (rapping?) "It's Tricky" by Run DMC. Then J and I had a farmhouse that we were trying to rehab, but we had no money. Or practical knowledge on how to do it ourselves.
What happened to your guinea pigs? I missed something!

Glad to have been part of the best night's sleep you've had in awhile.
;)

Miami, FL

#82839 Mar 22, 2013
So... I'm going to Chicago in June!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#82840 Mar 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sub's cool and I value his opinion when I can find it in all his words, but since you have 48,000+ posts you know each of us is not everyone's cup of tea.
That said, glad you keep popping in.
So true! And thanks!!

Where I'm different is if I don't like someone I usually just leave them alone, but if I do post to them it's usually done in a fun way. I don't like fighting much so I'll add humor to a beat down lol. I like to keep it fun.

“reign in blood”

United States

#82841 Mar 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So... I'm going to Chicago in June!
Woo hoo! I'll pick you up from the airport! Take you back to my place!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82842 Mar 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your guinea pigs? I missed something!
Glad to have been part of the best night's sleep you've had in awhile.
;)
Oh, they all died off. The last one kicked it maybe 6 months ago. I actually had to take her in and have her put to sleep; the only pet I've had to do that with. She was 8 or so, I had her for 7.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82843 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo hoo! I'll pick you up from the airport! Take you back to my place!
I think you'd better let *me* pick you up from the airport.
:D

If your schedule allows, we should try and have lunch or dinner.

Location hidden

#82844 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they all died off. The last one kicked it maybe 6 months ago. I actually had to take her in and have her put to sleep; the only pet I've had to do that with. She was 8 or so, I had her for 7.
8 sounds pretty old for a hamster, is that typical?

I've decided that this year i"m either getting engaged or I'm getting a kitten!:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82845 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
8 sounds pretty old for a hamster, is that typical?
I've decided that this year i"m either getting engaged or I'm getting a kitten!:D
It's pretty old for a guinea pig. Most of mine lived around 5.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82846 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty old for a guinea pig. Most of mine lived around 5.
Glad to hear that! We love our Streak, but if I have to spend 7 more years harping at my daughter to feed him and clean out his cage, I'm going to go insane.

5 more years I can handle.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82847 Mar 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear that! We love our Streak, but if I have to spend 7 more years harping at my daughter to feed him and clean out his cage, I'm going to go insane.
5 more years I can handle.
Yeah, I ogle them every time I go to a pet store, but that phase of my life is over.

Now a little girl French bulldog or maybe an English bulldog? In a couple years when I've forgotten what a pain in the arse puppies are? Yes, please :-D

“reign in blood”

United States

#82848 Mar 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
If your schedule allows, we should try and have lunch or dinner.
Maybe all the Chicago-area regs should meet up at the airport? We'll greet her at the gate?

Location hidden

#82849 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe all the Chicago-area regs should meet up at the airport? We'll greet her at the gate?
You'd have to buy an airline ticket to do that.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82850 Mar 22, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Weekend plans:
First, my sister now has an ID! Took her to DMV yesterday and she got her DL renewed. It was set to expire on Sunday, so we got that in RIGHT under the wire. And now, stupid DMV just raised the cost to $45.00 freaking dollars. Really? Douchebags. For reference...they were $20.00 <sigh>
Today: Taking them shopping. They had nothing, and I do mean nothing. A backpack between them. I just finished folding their laundry and each and every single article of clothing is either full of holes or otherwise ruined. I bought them shampoo, body wash, toothpaste (and brushes) and stuff yesterday, but they need other stuff, not the least of which is clothes, so there goes my new laptop. <sigh> Also going to see about my nephew getting registered in school and about petitioning the court to re-open her divorce petition from a few years ago. Apparently you can do that.
Tomorrow: Just letting everyone rest and feel safe for a while. She's not receptive to rehab...yet, but she is receptive to the shelter (the one with all of the resources) that I want her to go to, so I'm thinking of trying to get her in there on Monday. She's also amenable to counseling, so there's positive starts happening.
Sunday: Taking my nephew (ahem) to church. Quit looking at me like that. He asked if I would take him, so I am. <shrug>
1. Check good resale shops in your neighborhood. Also, if they have Plato's Closet in Seattle, that is a consignment chain which will be good for nephew beacsue stuff is trndier but still cheaper than retail
2.Good for you for (?)manning up and taking him Sunday. Its Palm Sunday and they will be reading the passion story most places. Does he have a particular denomination he wants to go to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min VOT GOP 1,124,817
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min HulkHoeGun 50,589
Abby 10-21 41 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-21 44 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min Earthling-1 47,479
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 53 min Girly girl 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,974
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,265
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]