“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82791 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans? I have aquired a used "Air Dock", why I dunno, not like I need one, but I cant say no to getting free crap. Anyway one of the bladders has a hole in it. The guy gave me the patch kit, so I figured if I can get it sealed right, I can use that for my boat, and turn my floating boat dock into an actual floating dock. Put some chairs and a table on it, even my fire pit. Think it will look cool being right ON the water, not just next to it.

Also have to find a way to spray my Mango tree.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82792 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If she's straight, what man dates someone like that?
A pussboi?

Location hidden

#82793 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, one of those! lol
Not another one LMAO!!
LOL!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82794 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I plan to have several $10 martinis.(that's pricey here, maybe not so much for you Chicago drinkers.)
I don't care where you are. Any drink that costs half as much as a bottle is expensive. Might be the norm, but its still expensive.

Location hidden

#82795 Mar 22, 2013
Uh oh, I got the dreaded red letter warning for typing the b word.

Location hidden

#82796 Mar 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I read thru some of the comments on her facebook post. Someone posted a link to her twitter account where she posted a big penis joke. So its ok for her to make a penis joke, but if anyone does it within earshot of her, she's uncomfortable.
What a complete beyatch!

Location hidden

#82797 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans: In-laws are in town. I'm going to build a copper trellis for my garden (I bought all the copper pipe yesterday) and get it anchored and some snow pea plants out in my garden and do a little bit of landscaping in my back yard and hopefully brew my beer that I didn't do last weekend because I rented a dingo and rototilled my entire back yard (about .25 acres), limed, fertilized, seeded and covered with 17+ bales of straw.

Location hidden

#82798 Mar 22, 2013
This is what my copper trellis will look like when it is done:

http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Ou...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82799 Mar 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care where you are. Any drink that costs half as much as a bottle is expensive. Might be the norm, but its still expensive.
I agree. I can drive 20-30 minutes east and have cheap cocktails that are crazy strong. Wisconsin is a great place for lushes.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82800 Mar 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Weekend plans: In-laws are in town. I'm going to build a copper trellis for my garden (I bought all the copper pipe yesterday) and get it anchored and some snow pea plants out in my garden and do a little bit of landscaping in my back yard and hopefully brew my beer that I didn't do last weekend because I rented a dingo and rototilled my entire back yard (about .25 acres), limed, fertilized, seeded and covered with 17+ bales of straw.
1. COOL. I have a friend who did that with copper and it looked awesome. I normally am not a fan of the green patina that copper gets, but with plants, it looks cool.

2. It wouldn't let you type the B word? Weird that it lets me type whatever bad words I want, eh?(SHouldn't it be consistent?)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82801 Mar 22, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
\

I saw some vague reference to this on Reddit and had no idea. What an idiot, and I'm glad she got fired. I still giggle when someone says "duty" or "fracking" in a meeting.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82802 Mar 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
This is what my copper trellis will look like when it is done:
http://www.familyhandyman.com/DIY-Projects/Ou...
Nice!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82803 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans...nice long walk for the dogs after work today. Maybe the dog park on Saturday a.m. They haven't been in a long while and they act like d1cks when we're there now, so we had to leave after 10 minutes yesterday.

Probably should go get my passport on Saturday morning. I'm facing an opportunity to travel internationally for work, and I want to jump the f on that.

Final home game for our local hockey team Saturday night (Boo! Imma get drunk though!), hockey for me on Sunday.

Location hidden

#82804 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
And how bout a big F*<KYOU to Urlacher? You've been going downhill since you started, you haven't been that great in years, and you're gonna continue to go downhill til you're a washed up hasbeen and in 20 years you're gonna be hobbling around on your cane talking about how good you used to be. You're gonna end up a crippled old man washing my windows on the underpass, you POS! Fffffukkkkyouuuu!
But I guess I can't blame you for wanting to leave Illinois... Thanks again, liberals!
He wasn't worth anymore than the Bears were offering him. Dude's all pi$sed cause they didn't over pay him because of his past accomplishments, when in return for his past accomplishments he strong armed them into paying him more money than he agreed to play for and threatened to hold out. He can go f' himself, as far as I'm concerned.

NO team is going to pay him anymore than what the Bears offered. He's slow now (and his speed is what made him a good linebacker in his prime, without his speed he would not have been anything special ... he doesn't have that anymore) and he gets injured too frequently now.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82805 Mar 22, 2013
Oh, also, I had a dream about jamwow last night. Not what you're thinking, gents...like, I was in Vegas and she was in Vegas and I was going to holla at her over Topix to meet up somewhere.

Location hidden

#82806 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
Thanks. I think it will look cool as it ages too.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82807 Mar 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Very cool! We have had a big problem around here for the past couple of years with people stealing copper and bronze to sell for scrap. They have hit the cemeteries, constructions sites, churches, parks, etc. I think it sucks.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82808 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans -

Tonight: Nothing! Going to hang out with the boys and hopefully my husband will go out with his friends to watch basketball. This is his favorite time of the year and he has been declining all invitations to go out. He needs to get together with the guys that he grew up with - they are good guys and they always make him feel better because they don't make him talk, they just know him.

Tomorrow: I'm going to the Republican County Convention and Gov. Chris Christie is the keynote speaker :) Plus, it's an excuse to wear the suit that I just bought for the funeral and I look really good in it.

Sunday: Church (Palm Sunday), tball practice at 11 (it was cancelled last night because of the cold), then down to my MIL's. She agreed to go to her sister's house for Good Friday, saying that she didn't change her mind, she just "thought things through". Maybe we'll dye Easter eggs with the kids (they don't need to last until Easter)

Location hidden

#82809 Mar 22, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool! We have had a big problem around here for the past couple of years with people stealing copper and bronze to sell for scrap. They have hit the cemeteries, constructions sites, churches, parks, etc. I think it sucks.
Yes, I've heard of that. The prices for scarp have really gone up, along with the prices of building materials.

Location hidden

#82810 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
1. COOL. I have a friend who did that with copper and it looked awesome. I normally am not a fan of the green patina that copper gets, but with plants, it looks cool.
2. It wouldn't let you type the B word? Weird that it lets me type whatever bad words I want, eh?(SHouldn't it be consistent?)
I think it will look cool too. Thanks.

The warnings are not consistent. Most time I don't get a warning, but them sometimes out of the blue I do for words I always use. I even included the number 1 for the letter i in the b word and still got the warning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Earthling-1 46,745
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Scrutiny 178,115
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,883
hy 2 hr badstuber 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr James 68,516
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Petal Power 1,110,247
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr andet1987 4,726
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••