“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82812 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, one of those! lol
Not another one LMAO!!
Sub's cool and I value his opinion when I can find it in all his words, but since you have 48,000+ posts you know each of us is not everyone's cup of tea.

That said, glad you keep popping in.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#82813 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, also, I had a dream about jamwow last night. Not what you're thinking, gents...like, I was in Vegas and she was in Vegas and I was going to holla at her over Topix to meet up somewhere.
That would have been so cool!
:)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#82814 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend:

Tonight: pedicures with A. Hoping to get to bed early because I'm still tired.

Tomorrow: may or may not go to a birthday outing for a friend of a friend.

Sunday: nothing planned besides church.

I think this will be a recovery weekend for me. Not that I'm detoxing but I *need* to catch up on sleep and doing stuff at home.

Oh, and I don't think I debriefed you guys on Vegas much: didn't hook up, but it was by choice. The opportunity was there.
;)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82815 Mar 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
Cool, will water flow through it too?
BTW, how is your boat doing?
<quoted text>
No, you flatten the ends. Then use tin snips to make them pointy and then curl them in a spiral to make them ornamental.

My boat, lol. I haven't worked on that in some time. I
"hope" to finish that before it gets too hot, this year.

I have to finish cutting these huge globs of glue that secure the top to the stringers in the bottom. They are really hard to reach. Then I think I will be ready to lift the top (after I remove everything that can be removed from the top. I'm not sure how I will lift the thing. I'd like to use pneumatic jacks, but I don't know where to get those from. Then I need to put it all back together.

It's a big job ... way bigger than I thought it would be. I hope to get to that in May, because once it gets to June and July its so hot that I don't really want to work on it ... I've tried, but it's not fun. The past two seasons I've been busy with landscaping in the spring and haven't gotten as far along as I'd like on my boat.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82816 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Oh, also, I had a dream about jamwow last night. Not what you're thinking, gents...like, I was in Vegas and she was in Vegas and I was going to holla at her over Topix to meet up somewhere.
j_m_w wrote:
That would have been so cool!
:)
Matilda77 wrote:
Not what you're thinking, gents
*THAT* would have been so cool!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#82817 Mar 22, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool! We have had a big problem around here for the past couple of years with people stealing copper and bronze to sell for scrap. They have hit the cemeteries, constructions sites, churches, parks, etc. I think it sucks.
We have the same problem here. That trellis would last about 1 night in my backyard.

Heck, they're even stealing whole school buses here.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-09...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82818 Mar 22, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Tomorrow: I'm going to the Republican County Convention and Gov. Chris Christie is the keynote speaker :)
Hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but Christie is a liberal, and a blowhard, and a fat POS. The Republican party needs to dump that deuchetatd.

Location hidden

#82819 Mar 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you flatten the ends. Then use tin snips to make them pointy and then curl them in a spiral to make them ornamental.
My boat, lol. I haven't worked on that in some time. I
"hope" to finish that before it gets too hot, this year.
I have to finish cutting these huge globs of glue that secure the top to the stringers in the bottom. They are really hard to reach. Then I think I will be ready to lift the top (after I remove everything that can be removed from the top. I'm not sure how I will lift the thing. I'd like to use pneumatic jacks, but I don't know where to get those from. Then I need to put it all back together.
It's a big job ... way bigger than I thought it would be. I hope to get to that in May, because once it gets to June and July its so hot that I don't really want to work on it ... I've tried, but it's not fun. The past two seasons I've been busy with landscaping in the spring and haven't gotten as far along as I'd like on my boat.
I need to re-carpet it too.

Location hidden

#82820 Mar 22, 2013
Maybe get a couple of these, Race:

http://www.amazon.com/12-Ton-Air-Hydraulic-Ja...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82821 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but Christie is a liberal, and a blowhard, and a fat POS. The Republican party needs to dump that deuchetatd.
A Liberal Republican ! Heavens! The tent is not big enough to hold one of "those".

And that, my Dog, is why the Republicans keep losing elections.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82822 Mar 22, 2013
For the price, its almost worth it. I was going to suggest renting an engine pull. You could lift/chock the bow, then do the same for the stern
Sublime1 wrote:
Maybe get a couple of these, Race:
http://www.amazon.com/12-Ton-Air-Hydraulic-Ja...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82823 Mar 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
And that, my Dog, is why the Republicans keep losing elections.
No, republicans keep losing elections because of hordes of illegal voters and missinformation tactics of liberals to uninformed voters who think gay marriage is the biggest, most important issue facing this country.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82824 Mar 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I dreamed about my cats, which is always stressful because it always involves trying to contain them from getting out, or catch them b/c they got out. In this dream, I found a dryer full of warm clothes, so I put Mia in there for safe keeping (she loves warm laundry -- a closed dryer, probably not so much).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82825 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, republicans keep losing elections because of hordes of illegal voters and missinformation tactics of liberals to uninformed voters who think gay marriage is the biggest, most important issue facing this country.
Right.

SOmeone's cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82826 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreamed about my cats, which is always stressful because it always involves trying to contain them from getting out, or catch them b/c they got out. In this dream, I found a dryer full of warm clothes, so I put Mia in there for safe keeping (she loves warm laundry -- a closed dryer, probably not so much).
When I had guinea pigs, I would have that dream. Like, there was a fire or something and I had to hold them all at once. I had 5 at one point.

Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in a while. My Vegas dream also had an appearance by this girl I knew in junior high (we weren't even friends) and me, running down the strip singing (rapping?) "It's Tricky" by Run DMC. Then J and I had a farmhouse that we were trying to rehab, but we had no money. Or practical knowledge on how to do it ourselves.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82827 Mar 22, 2013

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82828 Mar 22, 2013
Weekend plans:

Tonight: just found out this morning that I'm my own tonight. Prolly watch a movie...

Sat: Swimming lessons and then shopping/errands. We just found out our favorite neighborhood toy store lost their lease and will be closing in June and everything must go. I can see us going every weekend until then, looking for a really good deal. Both girls cried when I told them the news; so pitiful.

And Dickie thinks he's going to golf. He golfing buddy's wife is just about to have their first baby, so he feels like this is he last chance. It's predicted to be 38 degrees and maybe snow. I think they are total fools for even attempting this and I will have no sympathy for cold fingers and toes.

Sun: Lord, I hope the girls go to church. Palm Sunday is usually fun so maybe that will persuade them to go. Then more spring cleaning and egg dying! Going to try something different this year and use Kool-Aid mix instead of the damn Paas thingys. We'll see how it goes...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82829 Mar 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
missinformation tactics to uninformed voters
As if this is just a liberal tactic.

I could be wrong, but didn't the gay marriage issue first pic up real steam when we were going into iraq? Wasn't it the REPUBLICANS who started getting state amendments on the ballot to ban gay marriage? Shell game of look over here not over at the Iraq invasion?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82830 Mar 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
SOmeone's cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
Wait. weren't cocapuffs outlawed by Bloomberg.

Location hidden

#82831 Mar 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
For the price, its almost worth it. I was going to suggest renting an engine pull. You could lift/chock the bow, then do the same for the stern
<quoted text>
An engine hoist? I have one. It's holding my engine, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 187,269
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nuculur option 1,219,612
abby 4-24 1 hr Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,671
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr zion 52,831
Amy 4-24 3 hr Julie 12
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Doug77 5,898
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]