|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow - Squishy and I could have written this!
http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/growth/sexual_...
Yes, we could have.

But do you think edog will actually read it?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the disconnect.
Some genital touching is just pleasure, like sucking your thumb, rocking back and forth crooning to calm yourself or holding your blankie, etc.. That's what little kids do. That is what started the discussion. That is what Jess and Squishy and I are talking about. This warrants telling the child that is something we do in private.
Later genital touching adds an element of sexual stimulation which is where your comments seems to go. I don't disagree that sexual gratification by self touch in a 4-7 year old would be troublesome.This warrants a different parental response, but from all my mom experienece, this type is much less common that the first.

For me the disconnect is not that I think this is the same as masturbation ( I don't), but that instead of just stopping the behavior, the kid is just told, go do that in private. If you tell your kid to stop grabbing himself and he does, great. If he never figures out on his own that he can spank it in the privacy of the shower or his own room, so what? I'm not seeing a problem. But chances are pretty good, he'll figure it out on his own eventually. In this matter, I am all for, as Jess termed it, willful ignorance. Its a private matter as in not talking about it to mom or dad or anyone. When he finds someone else to handle that task for him, he can talk to her about it.

You wouldn't have sex in the living room. Would you tell your kid, "Hey, we're gonna head to our room to have sex. See you in the morning."
No. You wouldn't. TMI. Sure at some point, the kid will figure out mom and dad are in there doin it. But it does not need to be announced. It does not need to be discussed.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I think this is old, but since it is the first time I have seen it, thought I would share. I thought it was funny.

http://cheezburger.com/4978550784

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

And by the time they do figure out what their parents are doing, they are NOT going to want to discuss it with them!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
For me the disconnect is not that I think this is the same as masturbation ( I don't), but that instead of just stopping the behavior, the kid is just told, go do that in private. If you tell your kid to stop grabbing himself and he does, great. If he never figures out on his own that he can spank it in the privacy of the shower or his own room, so what? I'm not seeing a problem. But chances are pretty good, he'll figure it out on his own eventually. In this matter, I am all for, as Jess termed it, willful ignorance. Its a private matter as in not talking about it to mom or dad or anyone. When he finds someone else to handle that task for him, he can talk to her about it.
You wouldn't have sex in the living room. Would you tell your kid, "Hey, we're gonna head to our room to have sex. See you in the morning."
No. You wouldn't. TMI. Sure at some point, the kid will figure out mom and dad are in there doin it. But it does not need to be announced. It does not need to be discussed.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

MANY children are raised the way Jess and Squishy are raising their kids, and they don't (and haven't) grown up to have no boundaries when it comes to sex and masturbation. They're not whipping it out in the classroom.

Give the kids and their parents some credit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I think this is old, but since it is the first time I have seen it, thought I would share. I thought it was funny.
http://cheezburger.com/4978550784
Love it. Sharing around the world right now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

And, kinda cute that he could have a sense of humor when it was his dad who died.
James favour

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

To take an army form call mr THANKGOD:08161558464.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I can't say I ever thought we'd spend so much time discussing prepubescent masturbation....

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I can't say I ever thought we'd spend so much time discussing prepubescent masturbation....
That is one of the things I love about this thread - there is no "off topic"

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

So, I brought back the tablet. I kept it a week and could not get into it. The most useful thing could find to do with it was turn my TV on (I could not turn it off though because the install program refused to finish without choosing my cable provider and since I dont have one...I chose one at random, and then it wanted more info that I had no idea how to make up so I just exited out) I installed the crackle app, but no midi port to hook to tv, so was kinda lame.

Then I saw the google chrome notebook. light fast good HD had midi and usb ports and only 199. But they were out of stock...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Did anyone do NCAA brackets? I did two sets ($5 each here at work). One set, I chose the top seed for every game, until the final four, where I winged it, because I don't follow college bball enough to know who's ranked what.

Second one, I mostly followed the seeds, but had a little more fun giving some underdogs a fighting chance.

Either way, I have Louisville winning.

I'm happy UConn isn't in -- kinda sick of them. Could have used a year without Duke, too.

I have Florida and Florida State doing okay -- one of them is in the final eight, i think?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Does not bring the job back though,
Mister Tonka wrote:

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

WOW better change my tune towards sam.
SAM! iM SORRY, i THINK YOUR A GREAT GUY AND I DONT CARE IF YOUR BIPOLAR OR NEED MEDS TO GET YOU THRYU YOUR DAY! YOUR SPECIAL IN MY BOOK AND i LIKE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.
I HOPE YOU FORGIVE ME, IT'S ALL IN GOOD FUN RIGHT?????
Mister Tonka wrote:

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have Florida and Florida State doing okay -- one of them is in the final eight, i think?
If you have Florida State even scoring a point in the first round, you're going to lose. We did not make the tournament.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
That's awesome that that b1tch got fired too. Dude makes a joke about big dongles and she takes it as some affront to all women. I hate it when these dumb f'ing femanazis think they speak for all women and think that just cause they are a woman and offended it must mean that all women would be offended. What a pain in the a$s.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

And how bout a big F*<KYOU to Urlacher? You've been going downhill since you started, you haven't been that great in years, and you're gonna continue to go downhill til you're a washed up hasbeen and in 20 years you're gonna be hobbling around on your cane talking about how good you used to be. You're gonna end up a crippled old man washing my windows on the underpass, you POS! Fffffukkkkyouuuu!

But I guess I can't blame you for wanting to leave Illinois... Thanks again, liberals!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>If you have Florida State even scoring a point in the first round, you're going to lose. We did not make the tournament.
Heh I thought there were two FL teams in there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome that that b1tch got fired too. Dude makes a joke about big dongles and she takes it as some affront to all women. I hate it when these dumb f'ing femanazis think they speak for all women and think that just cause they are a woman and offended it must mean that all women would be offended. What a pain in the a$s.
If she's straight, what man dates someone like that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min obama 48,890
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min USAsince1680 1,079,655
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 56 min TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 1 hr loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,554
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,371
Abby 7-24 2 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000