Comments
81,621 - 81,640 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82749 Mar 21, 2013
You guys take edogg way to seriously. All he does is bait. Unless that's just part of the fun; arguing with him.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82750 Mar 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHA! As if. He said so!
I"ve read the articles for years. He's so wrong.
Well, of course. We KNOW he's wrong. I'm not so sure he knows he's wrong. He's seems a bit squeamish about it all. Like one of those kids that closes their eyes real tight to make it go away.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82751 Mar 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
You guys take edogg way to seriously. All he does is bait. Unless that's just part of the fun; arguing with him.
The fact that that's how he chooses to engage people is just as bad as if he means what he says. Either way he's a douche.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82752 Mar 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I can't fathom being ashamed because someone told you not to do something. i tell my kid not to do something and IF he actually stops doing it at that moment, he's gonna do it again (whatever IT might be) when he forgets that I told him not to do it. Like throwing a ball in the house. Grabbing himself is just one of the many things he's just not supposed to do that. I just can't understand where shame comes into play for just telling someone not to do something.
But I looked at some of the words you used.
-scolded
-made her feel bad
-sexual shame
I don't see any of those in the act of saying "stop grabbing yourself".
First off, you are no longer 7, so what you feel as an adult really doesn't pertain to a child. I don't remember much of how I felt or reasoned at 7, do you?

Second, there are two different situations we seem to be discussing here. One is touching yourself in the tub because it feels good. The other is walking around, fully clothed grabbing at your parts.

In scenario 1, the child is told that that kind of touching is only to be done in private. Some parents could freak out a little and that could come across to the child as scolding, possibly attaching negative feelings to something that is natural. Add having a sensitive, anxious child and *anything* said as a correction could be construed as negative.

In scenario 2, the child may be touching themselves because it feels good or because their underwear is bunching up or because they have a bladder infection or pinworms. We were having this problem with Lulu and it turned out her underwear was too small. New undies = no grabbing.

In both scenarios, we tell the child to stop. But because of what was going on in the mind of the child, the reaction to it will be different. Getting busted touching yourself in the tub and getting busted digging your underwear out of your crotch will evoke two totally different kinds of reaction.

Eh, I know I'm not expressing myself well. I have work to do and my words don't come to me as easily as some.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82753 Mar 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I just wish we had an "ignore" feature.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82754 Mar 21, 2013
I don't NEED to provide links because I'm never wrong, think you people would get this by now, but I understand many of you are a little slow, so I'm trying to be patient. If you thing I'm wrong and experts are telling parents that 3, 4, and 5 yr olds beating off is totally normal, than YOU please provide the link.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82755 Mar 21, 2013
Jumping ahead 25 years or so, Harry Reems died.

Mr. Reems played Dr. Young, a physician whose diagnostic brilliance — he locates the rare anatomical quirk that makes Ms. Lovelace’s character vastly prefer oral sex to intercourse — is matched by his capacity for tireless ministration.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82756 Mar 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
I don't NEED to provide links because I'm never wrong, think you people would get this by now, but I understand many of you are a little slow, so I'm trying to be patient. If you thing I'm wrong and experts are telling parents that 3, 4, and 5 yr olds beating off is totally normal, than YOU please provide the link.
Holy cow - Squishy and I could have written this!

http://m.kidshealth.org/parent/growth/sexual_...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82757 Mar 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cop out to the "you must be baiting us" route because you're unable to challenge my claims with any validity.
We're not talking about "casual touching," we're talking about four year olds stroking it.
This is the disconnect.

Some genital touching is just pleasure, like sucking your thumb, rocking back and forth crooning to calm yourself or holding your blankie, etc.. That's what little kids do. That is what started the discussion. That is what Jess and Squishy and I are talking about. This warrants telling the child that is something we do in private.

Later genital touching adds an element of sexual stimulation which is where your comments seems to go. I don't disagree that sexual gratification by self touch in a 4-7 year old would be troublesome.This warrants a different parental response, but from all my mom experienece, this type is much less common that the first.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82758 Mar 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's because you didn't have that kind of relationship where you feel free to talk about things with her.
That's normal and healthy,.
Toj wrote:
If the subject ever came up in her company, would you feel comfortable talking about it in general terms?
Hell no. I don't ever want a relationship where its normal to talk about spankin it with my kid or my mom.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82759 Mar 21, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was shocked by the number of men here who said flat out they would just say "no, don't do that".

Location hidden

#82760 Mar 21, 2013
I'm not making this up: I'm working on a Target project in a Canadian mall and the project is called "Deep Throat Entry."

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82761 Mar 21, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we could have.

But do you think edog will actually read it?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82762 Mar 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the disconnect.
Some genital touching is just pleasure, like sucking your thumb, rocking back and forth crooning to calm yourself or holding your blankie, etc.. That's what little kids do. That is what started the discussion. That is what Jess and Squishy and I are talking about. This warrants telling the child that is something we do in private.
Later genital touching adds an element of sexual stimulation which is where your comments seems to go. I don't disagree that sexual gratification by self touch in a 4-7 year old would be troublesome.This warrants a different parental response, but from all my mom experienece, this type is much less common that the first.

For me the disconnect is not that I think this is the same as masturbation ( I don't), but that instead of just stopping the behavior, the kid is just told, go do that in private. If you tell your kid to stop grabbing himself and he does, great. If he never figures out on his own that he can spank it in the privacy of the shower or his own room, so what? I'm not seeing a problem. But chances are pretty good, he'll figure it out on his own eventually. In this matter, I am all for, as Jess termed it, willful ignorance. Its a private matter as in not talking about it to mom or dad or anyone. When he finds someone else to handle that task for him, he can talk to her about it.

You wouldn't have sex in the living room. Would you tell your kid, "Hey, we're gonna head to our room to have sex. See you in the morning."
No. You wouldn't. TMI. Sure at some point, the kid will figure out mom and dad are in there doin it. But it does not need to be announced. It does not need to be discussed.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82763 Mar 21, 2013
I think this is old, but since it is the first time I have seen it, thought I would share. I thought it was funny.

http://cheezburger.com/4978550784

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82764 Mar 21, 2013
And by the time they do figure out what their parents are doing, they are NOT going to want to discuss it with them!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
For me the disconnect is not that I think this is the same as masturbation ( I don't), but that instead of just stopping the behavior, the kid is just told, go do that in private. If you tell your kid to stop grabbing himself and he does, great. If he never figures out on his own that he can spank it in the privacy of the shower or his own room, so what? I'm not seeing a problem. But chances are pretty good, he'll figure it out on his own eventually. In this matter, I am all for, as Jess termed it, willful ignorance. Its a private matter as in not talking about it to mom or dad or anyone. When he finds someone else to handle that task for him, he can talk to her about it.
You wouldn't have sex in the living room. Would you tell your kid, "Hey, we're gonna head to our room to have sex. See you in the morning."
No. You wouldn't. TMI. Sure at some point, the kid will figure out mom and dad are in there doin it. But it does not need to be announced. It does not need to be discussed.

Location hidden

#82765 Mar 21, 2013
MANY children are raised the way Jess and Squishy are raising their kids, and they don't (and haven't) grown up to have no boundaries when it comes to sex and masturbation. They're not whipping it out in the classroom.

Give the kids and their parents some credit.

Location hidden

#82766 Mar 21, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I think this is old, but since it is the first time I have seen it, thought I would share. I thought it was funny.
http://cheezburger.com/4978550784
Love it. Sharing around the world right now.

Location hidden

#82767 Mar 21, 2013
And, kinda cute that he could have a sense of humor when it was his dad who died.
James favour

Ashburn, VA

#82768 Mar 21, 2013
To take an army form call mr THANKGOD:08161558464.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 46,309
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Patrick 1,100,151
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min LRS 177,370
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 2 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
Amy 8-29 5 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search