“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82648 Mar 20, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the exact recipe I used for the pizza crust: http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/caulif...
Not sure of the exact recipe SIL uses for mashed cauliflower, but this is close. Plus, add a ton of garlic. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19731/simple-cre...
Thanks!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82649 Mar 20, 2013
I'm here for you Mimi! If you need to talk dirty to somebody, just lay it on me. I can take it!
No, really please, talk dirty to me.
Well, only if it will make you feel better.
It would wouldn't it?
Hey, yaneverknow!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So for everyone who is sitting with baited breath waiting my update for the day...
Niece didn't get fired, but just BARELY. She so needs to be nicer and less impatient with people, AND look for a different job and not make excuses not to because next time she WILL be fired.
My sister is already in Portland, so I have about three hours of (semi) sanity left.
<sigh>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82650 Mar 20, 2013
There should be judging icons for "desperate" and "horny."

Neda, stay with me!

#82651 Mar 20, 2013
HA!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82652 Mar 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
So for everyone who is sitting with baited breath waiting my update for the day...

Niece didn't get fired, but just BARELY. She so needs to be nicer and less impatient with people, AND look for a different job and not make excuses not to because next time she WILL be fired.

My sister is already in Portland, so I have about three hours of (semi) sanity left.

<sigh>
Wishing you peace and patience

Location hidden

#82653 Mar 20, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sweet person. I love your FB posts.

Location hidden

#82654 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Also, bitchy, hormonal, ragey, and... I'm sure there are others.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82655 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sweet person. I love your FB posts.
Aw, thank you :)

I am on the verge of running away and hiding in a hotel room with a supply of key lime pie and JD for a week. Ry has been sick for 5 days and he needs to go back to school tomorrow, to save both of our sanity.

My MIL is back to her normal drama-filled self, except that we are still feeling like we need to be sympathetic because it hasn't even been a month since my FIL died. We were invited to my husband's Aunt's house for Good Friday (anything Easter related is a huge deal to Polosh people). I asked if she had talked to MIL about it and she said yes, so I accepted. Turns out she said something 2days after FIL died and MIL doesn't want to go because it would be "too much work" for her (I guess she feels the need to bring homemade food like pierogies to her sister's house?). She said that if we want to go we can, but we only said yes because we thought she was going! They are in the middle of some fight that has nothing to do with our generation and life is too short for this crap.

On the bright side, soccer and tball seasons have started :) I love watching the kiddos run around.

Neda, stay with me!

#82656 Mar 20, 2013
i dont even want to know what the PMS icon looks like
!
!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, bitchy, hormonal, ragey, and... I'm sure there are others.

Location hidden

#82658 Mar 20, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on the verge of running away and hiding in a hotel room with a supply of key lime pie and JD for a week. Ry has been sick for 5 days and he needs to go back to school tomorrow, to save both of our sanity.
My MIL is back to her normal drama-filled self, except that we are still feeling like we need to be sympathetic because it hasn't even been a month since my FIL died. We were invited to my husband's Aunt's house for Good Friday (anything Easter related is a huge deal to Polosh people). I asked if she had talked to MIL about it and she said yes, so I accepted. Turns out she said something 2days after FIL died and MIL doesn't want to go because it would be "too much work" for her (I guess she feels the need to bring homemade food like pierogies to her sister's house?). She said that if we want to go we can, but we only said yes because we thought she was going! They are in the middle of some fight that has nothing to do with our generation and life is too short for this crap.
On the bright side, soccer and tball seasons have started :) I love watching the kiddos run around.
All I read was pierogies and I didn't red anything else.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82659 Mar 20, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
No JD, but I will have my MD daughter do an emergency delivery of key lime , lemon meringue and chocolate silk to your hotel room.. The card will read Happy Belated Pi Day

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82660 Mar 20, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/opinion/george-...

This is for Edog in the morning. He needs to know that he is right about something.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82661 Mar 20, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. You are so sweet.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82662 Mar 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>No JD, but I will have my MD daughter do an emergency delivery of key lime , lemon meringue and chocolate silk to your hotel room.. The card will read Happy Belated Pi Day
Just reading that helped so much! Thank you :) Today is a new day and I am not going to forget my hair appointment, like I did last week (thankfully the owner is a friend and he knew what was going on in my personal life, so he didn't charge me for the missed appt - I'll have to give my stylist a nicer tip than the usual 30%, though).

Location hidden

#82663 Mar 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3
This is for Edog in the morning. He needs to know that he is right about something.
It's an OPINION piece.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82664 Mar 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an OPINION piece.
And like the stuff around here isn't?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82665 Mar 21, 2013
I shared this that another friend posted on FB, but since not all of you are my FB friends I wanted to post it on here. I think that everyone who is raising a boy should read it.

http://www.askmoxie.org/2013/03/a-letter-to-m...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82666 Mar 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
It's an OPINION piece.
PEllen wrote:
And like the stuff around here isn't?

It sure is.

But citing an opinion article to show edogg right about something is no different than citing a post by Sublime that shares an edogg opinion. It only shows that someone shares an opinion. Does not prove anyone right or wrong.

Location hidden

#82667 Mar 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It sure is.
But citing an opinion article to show edogg right about something is no different than citing a post by Sublime that shares an edogg opinion. It only shows that someone shares an opinion. Does not prove anyone right or wrong.
THis.

Location hidden

#82668 Mar 21, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I shared this that another friend posted on FB, but since not all of you are my FB friends I wanted to post it on here. I think that everyone who is raising a boy should read it.
http://www.askmoxie.org/2013/03/a-letter-to-m...
Awesome share! I bookmarked it to email the link to mom friends with boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min James 68,466
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Who 46,576
Word (Dec '08) 46 min andet1987 4,709
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,109,030
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 177,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,347
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 3 hr SMH 3
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••