|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. Really. What scares me is doing without caffeine. I know I probably should, but yannow...
The thing that works as a pick-me-up is my iced coffee in the afternoon. I am blessed that as long as I have my iced coffee before 5pm, I have no problems sleeping. The caffeine in pop doesn't seem to affect me. I hear people can't sleep if they ingest what I do, yet I don't have a problem at all. I have noticed coffee, even one cup, after 5pm does make a difference so you would think the pop would, too. Maybe it does and I just don't notice it b/c I haven't tried it.
I didn't have to give up caffeine. I still have coffee. When I craved something warm I mixed coffee and unsweetened cocoa and stevia and it was quite good. I could have had milk but I chose to stay off dairy as well.

I did not have any craving for soda, but I have drunk a lot of herb tea with a wedge of lemon in the pot

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Oh wow... you just posted the girls for 3/20 and I haven't been to bed yet.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

What's the over/under on the chances Jammer is gonna hook up with a male stripper?

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Woo hoo! Hope you don't have anything important to do this morning :)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I just now noticed Tonka's quote above his avatar. Nice!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
And she'll probably get them bacfk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Speaking for the men... maybe you should post YOUR girls for 3/20!!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And she'll probably get them bacfk.
Will she have to refund teh money if she does?(snark)

Since: Mar 09

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo hoo! Hope you don't have anything important to do this morning :)
I wish. I slept for an hour and fifteen minutes, on my way to closing session now.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My boss is out sick two days in a row now -- she's rarely sick. One of the nosey know-it-all partners ALWAYS asks what people have, what kind of illness did they have, etc. He'll grill you when you are back to work from behing home sick. He just came over now and asked what illness does my boss have. She has a bad case of none of your fucking business.
This guy does this to me, too, after I"ve been out sick. DUde, it was cramps or my bowels turned to liquid, either way, MYOB.
Geez, just yesterday, I covered the front desk from 8 until 11:30 b/c our receptionist was out with an appointment.
Partner: "Oh, is S out sick?"
Me: No, she just won't be in until 11:30.
Partner: What's she doing?
Me: I don't know.(all of this said with a very flat, don't know, don't care, go away tone)
Partner: Well I hope she's feeling okay.
Whatever. I know then when he stopped by her desk he was all in her business with whatever she had going on in the morning. This guy doesn't let up. And b/c his son and DIL are doctors, he thinks he knows as much as a doctor does and will actually give medical advice.
Although *I* don't care to know what kind of sickness people have when they stay home sick, I really don't see a problem. Anytime I don't come in, I get asked about it. I have no problem telling them. I don't feel violated in any way. And if there is something I don't wish to share, I have no problem lying or being vague.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I think red is talking more about the fact the the qwuestion are more an interrogation than friendly concern.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Although *I* don't care to know what kind of sickness people have when they stay home sick, I really don't see a problem. Anytime I don't come in, I get asked about it. I have no problem telling them. I don't feel violated in any way. And if there is something I don't wish to share, I have no problem lying or being vague.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
No words. I would say disgusting but that's inadequate. Nothing bad I could say about that mother would adequately describe what I think of her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
I think red is talking more about the fact the the qwuestion are more an interrogation than friendly concern.
<quoted text>
It actually IS "friendly concern." But he's pushy about it and he is relentless. shut up and retire already, dude! Is what I want to say to him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

And really -- WHO CARES if the receptionist is out sick? Is it so important to know the "why"? It's really none of his bees wax.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

I equate pushy and relentless to = interrogation.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually IS "friendly concern." But he's pushy about it and he is relentless. shut up and retire already, dude! Is what I want to say to him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
I equate pushy and relentless to = interrogation.
<quoted text>
THat's fair. He's NICE about it, but pushy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Friend getting married has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks by cutting out bread and pasta. I asked her what she's been eating. She sent me their week's worth of meals (she plans them in advance, otherwise she knows she'll fall back on bread and pasta). Believe me, they are eating PLENTY and they are eating yummy stuff.

THen she sent me this article she got from her trainer re: why grains aren't the best way to get nutrition. Interesting stuff to read, for those who care:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Friend getting married has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks by cutting out bread and pasta. I asked her what she's been eating. She sent me their week's worth of meals (she plans them in advance, otherwise she knows she'll fall back on bread and pasta). Believe me, they are eating PLENTY and they are eating yummy stuff.
THen she sent me this article she got from her trainer re: why grains aren't the best way to get nutrition. Interesting stuff to read, for those who care:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are...
That fits in with thetheory of the one I am on.

Lunch today:leftover Christmas turkey defrosted and cooked in crock pot with chicken broth, some older little baby carrotsfrom the back of the vegetable drawer in the fridge, cut up onion and a box of fresh mushrooms and spices plus one half baked sweet potato on the side. Very filling. Texture like pulled pork. Todays spice was curry powder. Yesterday's was black pepper, garlic powder and some lemon with some white and brown rice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,481 - 81,500 of96,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,033,438
Teens expelled from Long Island Catholic school... 12 min The North knows 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min former res 65,090
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min CDC 47,037
Jews in eastern Ukraine city given orders to 'r... 18 min Nobody wants Jews 1
Abby 4-18 27 min PEllen 4
Amy 4-18 30 min PEllen 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search