“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82607 Mar 20, 2013
I made that cauliflower pizza crust before, it's very yummy. But it is NOT low cal, it's cheese that holds it together IIRC. And kind of time consuming to make.

SIL makes mashed cauliflower sometimes. Again, also not low cal because of the cream cheese, but OMG...I love it. I've never been a fan of mashed potatoes, so I far prefer the cauliflower.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82608 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Friend getting married has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks by cutting out bread and pasta. I asked her what she's been eating. She sent me their week's worth of meals (she plans them in advance, otherwise she knows she'll fall back on bread and pasta). Believe me, they are eating PLENTY and they are eating yummy stuff.
THen she sent me this article she got from her trainer re: why grains aren't the best way to get nutrition. Interesting stuff to read, for those who care:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are...
Most of that is water weight. To lose ten pounds of fat in 2 weeks would require her to consume 2500 less calories than she burns in a day. The base amount of calories burned for a woman who is sedentary is about 1600 calories. Even if she didnít eat any food at all sheíd still have to burn another 900 calories a day to achieve that mark.

I started my boflex diet and exercise program last Monday and I dropped 5 pounds in two days, despite super hydration (The first week you drink 128 ounces of ice cold water a day and you add 16 ounces of water each week, until you get up to 192 ounces of ice cold water in 6 weeks).

Since I'm superhydrating, I can't possibly be dehydrated. It's more so that a normal diet has a lot more salt in it than I am eating now. So my body was retaining a lot more water than it is now. The same is probably true of your friend.

Everything is super healthy on this program:

Breakfast: 300 calorie breakfast with a 1/2 cup of skim milk and a 1/2 cup of special k granola and a small glass of OJ.

Lunch: I have a 300 calorie turkey sandwich on whole wheat with low fat promise spread and non-fat cheese

2-3PM snack: a total of 200 calories Ö I have a 100 calorie non-fat yogurt and 100 calories of raisins or a banana

Dinner: 500 calorie dinner of a 3 ounce sirloin steak 1/2 cup of beets and 1/2 cup of peas and two pieces of whole wheat bread with a little promise spread for dinner.

After dinner snack: a total of 200 calories Ö I can pick from a yogurt, low fat popcorn, or frozen yogurt Ö I usually have two 100 calorie bags of popcorn cause it really fills me up.

After two weeks, you reduce each of your snacks by 50 calories. Two weeks after that you reduce them again by 50 calories.

Itís a 6 week program, but Iíll probably do it for about 8 weeks (I'm about a week and an a half in and I'm down a little more than 8 pounds, but some of that is water weight as I said).

I only do a light weight lifting work out while on this, 3 times a week, too. On a low calorie diet, you donít want to do too much exercise cause your body will go into starvation mode.

Iím usually pretty consistent at losing 2-3 pounds a week on this program, but there are points in time where I stagnate and points in time where weight just flies off of me. I don't get too concerned about that ... I just stay the course and don't worry what the scale says day to day. It works really well for me.

Location hidden

#82609 Mar 20, 2013
There are different choices for breakfast lunch and dinner, but I just do the same thing. It doesn't' bother me to eat the same stuff every day.

I can do certain micro-meals for lunch tho, if I get tired of the turkey sandwich and I will sometimes make sirloin steak kabobs with pepper and onion instead of the peas and beets. I can also do a low fat tuna sandwich for dinner, but I prefer a steak.

Breakfast, I can have some sort of shake or a bagel with low fat creme cheese, but I don't mind granola.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82610 Mar 20, 2013
Red -- I'm assuming that the zucchini lasagna the zucchini acts like the "noodle". Is that correct?

The menu sounds very doable but I'd be missing my bad carbs.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82611 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sam here you go:
Thanks! That doesn't sound bad at all. I just like seeing what different people sign up for. For me the hardest part is always what to do about eating out. There are not a lot of smart choices at bars and restaurants, and some of them are not good at fielding substitutions, etc.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82612 Mar 20, 2013
Toj: Yes, I had to ask her that myself.

Sub: I also can eat the same thing every day.(Well, in week-long stints -- I need a different lunch nextg week than I ate this week.)

Folks: This is hilarious. 19 reasons why parents shouldn't text:

http://now.msn.com/parents-text-funny-photos-...

Location hidden

#82613 Mar 20, 2013
No caffeine for me. I went cold turkey on coffee (i doesn't bother me and I usually have 2 or 3 16 oz cups a day). I can have decaff coffee and tea, but no cream or sugar. I usually have some decaff tea with splenda in the afternoon.

No alcohol for me, either.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82614 Mar 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
Red -- I'm assuming that the zucchini lasagna the zucchini acts like the "noodle". Is that correct?
The menu sounds very doable but I'd be missing my bad carbs.
Have you considered gluten free carbs as a bridge?. Some aren't bad- I make the when my BIL is coming to dinner

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82615 Mar 20, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I made that cauliflower pizza crust before, it's very yummy. But it is NOT low cal, it's cheese that holds it together IIRC. And kind of time consuming to make.
SIL makes mashed cauliflower sometimes. Again, also not low cal because of the cream cheese, but OMG...I love it. I've never been a fan of mashed potatoes, so I far prefer the cauliflower.
Recipe please?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82616 Mar 20, 2013
Eff that! Michelob Ultra Amber baby! 3 carbs a bottle, lots of water and grains.

Location hidden

#82617 Mar 20, 2013
I figure, I eat WAY too many carbs most days (I love toast!). I should cut significantly back and then use dining out as a chance to indulge in pasta.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#82618 Mar 20, 2013
Ugh. I'm at the airport in Vegas, my flight is delayed, and I'm about to keel over from exhaustion. But it was a fun & productive conference.

Neda, stay with me!

#82619 Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, god forbid you try not being a barfly for 6 months.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! That doesn't sound bad at all. I just like seeing what different people sign up for. For me the hardest part is always what to do about eating out. There are not a lot of smart choices at bars and restaurants, and some of them are not good at fielding substitutions, etc.

Location hidden

#82620 Mar 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ugh. I'm at the airport in Vegas, my flight is delayed, and I'm about to keel over from exhaustion. But it was a fun & productive conference.
I think it's time to belly up to the bar and have some shots.

Location hidden

#82622 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Toj: Yes, I had to ask her that myself.
Sub: I also can eat the same thing every day.(Well, in week-long stints -- I need a different lunch nextg week than I ate this week.)
Folks: This is hilarious. 19 reasons why parents shouldn't text:
http://now.msn.com/parents-text-funny-photos-...
I will probably stick with the breakfast and lunch part even after I'm done and go back to eating normal dinners.

Location hidden

#82623 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Eff that! Michelob Ultra Amber baby! 3 carbs a bottle, lots of water and grains.
My 8 week completion date will be just in time for Myrtle Beach bike week in May, and I'll have all the beer I want for 4 days.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#82624 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, god forbid you try not being a barfly for 6 months.
<quoted text>
You're right. I should sit at home and drink alone like you.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#82625 Mar 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Recipe please?
Google, baby, Google.

Here's one that got 4.7/5:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail....

Neda, stay with me!

#82626 Mar 20, 2013
Why not? afraid of being alone and saving some money? Or is it that you cant cook, your apartment is a POS and you need to be around other people to validate yourself? Newsflash sammy, if you have to buy them drinks to hang out with you, they really aint your friends.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should sit at home and drink alone like you.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82627 Mar 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered gluten free carbs as a bridge?. Some aren't bad- I make the when my BIL is coming to dinner
I know people who say they are gluten sensitive and so I've tasted quite a few things that are gluten free. I didn't like them.

They're not THAT bad, but that's the problem. They weren't that good, either.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min wojar 179,438
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,127,012
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Bite Me 50,643
very cute unuasual pix 4 hr ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Mandela 68,666
omnipods boxes for sale 4 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 4 hr Mister Tonka 12
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]