Topix Chitown Regulars

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82615 Mar 20, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I made that cauliflower pizza crust before, it's very yummy. But it is NOT low cal, it's cheese that holds it together IIRC. And kind of time consuming to make.
SIL makes mashed cauliflower sometimes. Again, also not low cal because of the cream cheese, but OMG...I love it. I've never been a fan of mashed potatoes, so I far prefer the cauliflower.
Recipe please?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82616 Mar 20, 2013
Eff that! Michelob Ultra Amber baby! 3 carbs a bottle, lots of water and grains.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82617 Mar 20, 2013
I figure, I eat WAY too many carbs most days (I love toast!). I should cut significantly back and then use dining out as a chance to indulge in pasta.

United States

#82618 Mar 20, 2013
Ugh. I'm at the airport in Vegas, my flight is delayed, and I'm about to keel over from exhaustion. But it was a fun & productive conference.

#82619 Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, god forbid you try not being a barfly for 6 months.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! That doesn't sound bad at all. I just like seeing what different people sign up for. For me the hardest part is always what to do about eating out. There are not a lot of smart choices at bars and restaurants, and some of them are not good at fielding substitutions, etc.

Location hidden

#82620 Mar 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ugh. I'm at the airport in Vegas, my flight is delayed, and I'm about to keel over from exhaustion. But it was a fun & productive conference.
I think it's time to belly up to the bar and have some shots.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82622 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Toj: Yes, I had to ask her that myself.
Sub: I also can eat the same thing every day.(Well, in week-long stints -- I need a different lunch nextg week than I ate this week.)
Folks: This is hilarious. 19 reasons why parents shouldn't text:
http://now.msn.com/parents-text-funny-photos-...
I will probably stick with the breakfast and lunch part even after I'm done and go back to eating normal dinners.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82623 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Eff that! Michelob Ultra Amber baby! 3 carbs a bottle, lots of water and grains.
My 8 week completion date will be just in time for Myrtle Beach bike week in May, and I'll have all the beer I want for 4 days.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82624 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yeah, god forbid you try not being a barfly for 6 months.
<quoted text>
You're right. I should sit at home and drink alone like you.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#82625 Mar 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Recipe please?
Google, baby, Google.

Here's one that got 4.7/5:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail....

#82626 Mar 20, 2013
Why not? afraid of being alone and saving some money? Or is it that you cant cook, your apartment is a POS and you need to be around other people to validate yourself? Newsflash sammy, if you have to buy them drinks to hang out with you, they really aint your friends.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I should sit at home and drink alone like you.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82627 Mar 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered gluten free carbs as a bridge?. Some aren't bad- I make the when my BIL is coming to dinner
I know people who say they are gluten sensitive and so I've tasted quite a few things that are gluten free. I didn't like them.

They're not THAT bad, but that's the problem. They weren't that good, either.:)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82628 Mar 20, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Recipe please?
This is the exact recipe I used for the pizza crust: http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/caulif...

Not sure of the exact recipe SIL uses for mashed cauliflower, but this is close. Plus, add a ton of garlic. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19731/simple-cre...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82629 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Why not? afraid of being alone and saving some money? Or is it that you cant cook, your apartment is a POS and you need to be around other people to validate yourself? Newsflash sammy, if you have to buy them drinks to hang out with you, they really aint your friends.
<quoted text>
Hee, hee. C'mon -- she got you good. THAT was funny. Learn to laugh at yourself.

Never heard Sam complain about money, either. Maybe people buy HER drinks.(shrug)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82630 Mar 20, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Google, baby, Google.
Here's one that got 4.7/5:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail....
Thanks!

Location hidden

#82631 Mar 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people who say they are gluten sensitive and so I've tasted quite a few things that are gluten free. I didn't like them.
They're not THAT bad, but that's the problem. They weren't that good, either.:)
It takes a lot of trying different stuff/products to find ones you like. It gets expensive (Nick has a friend who has some serious medical issues and gluten issues are one of them). She made brownies with a gluten-free mix and they were delicious (and I don't care much for brownies). But the mix was like $4-$5, not the cheap stuff I normally would buy.

Location hidden

#82632 Mar 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, hee. C'mon -- she got you good. THAT was funny. Learn to laugh at yourself.
Never heard Sam complain about money, either. Maybe people buy HER drinks.(shrug)
Well, DUH, that ho flashes her boobies all over chitown for free Coors Lite!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#82633 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
What a sad, angry man you are. That's your answer? I socialize for validation and to avoid my dumpy condo with its empty fridge? If believing that helps you sleep at night, then you just go on believin', Grumpy.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#82634 Mar 20, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the exact recipe I used for the pizza crust: http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/caulif...
Not sure of the exact recipe SIL uses for mashed cauliflower, but this is close. Plus, add a ton of garlic. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19731/simple-cre...
I make mashed cauli once in a while, I roast the cauli and the garlic, then add goat cheese, butter, a little cream cheese, a little chicken stock and some parsley. It's actually really good.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#82635 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, DUH, that ho flashes her boobies all over chitown for free Coors Lite!
Hey!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min District 1 197,024
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Renaissance Writer 1,275,915
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Pennie Lane 6,418
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IB DaMann 54,513
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 7 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 7 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 7 hr MonicaJ 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages