81,441 - 81,460 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82565 Mar 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. It helps (psychologically) when other people see it the way I do. I'm not her mother you know? Even if I was, like I said, she's gonna be 46 years old in 5 days. Seriously, she has an almost-20-years-old kid. Not like she's some kid just starting out and not knowing how the world works.
FWIW I know I'm all over the map. She *is* my sister, and if she doesn't get out for good he *will* kill her. I can see the writing on the wall. I *have* to help her however I can. I can't NOT do something, but I am so totally pissed off that it's necessary at all...if that makes sense to you guys. <sigh>
#needtogotothebeachuntilthisbl owsover
Total sense. I'd get a therapist that could talk her through all of her options. Some people don't really listen to family. A stranger can say the same thing and suddenly it's brilliant and the relative is stupid. Plus, a therapist might know other helpful things/places that maybe you haven't heard about. As you say:{shrug} FWIW

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#82566 Mar 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that. It helps (psychologically) when other people see it the way I do. I'm not her mother you know? Even if I was, like I said, she's gonna be 46 years old in 5 days. Seriously, she has an almost-20-years-old kid. Not like she's some kid just starting out and not knowing how the world works.
FWIW I know I'm all over the map. She *is* my sister, and if she doesn't get out for good he *will* kill her. I can see the writing on the wall. I *have* to help her however I can. I can't NOT do something, but I am so totally pissed off that it's necessary at all...if that makes sense to you guys. <sigh>
#needtogotothebeachuntilthisbl owsover
I hear ya... taht's how we are with my SIL. her bottoming out wasn't anywhere near waht your sister's is/was/will be. but, her jackass did use the "if i can't have her no one can" line. hubby & i have talked all along, adn we're in agreement to keep helping her as long as she's moving forward. once she backslides, the bank is closing. and we're taking care of us, trying not to let helping her drag us down.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82567 Mar 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
The biggest issue? She's gonna want to use my stuff. My bathroom, my chair, my plates...
Mimi is bad at sharing.
Shopping list: paper plates, those disposable towels for the bathroom...Lysol wipes...
#gallowshumor
Don't forget the booze.

“reign in blood”

United States

#82568 Mar 19, 2013
Ya know, not everyone wants to hear about the mundane intricacies and everyday drama of people's family members. Can't you guys take it to another thread...?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82569 Mar 19, 2013
My boss is out sick two days in a row now -- she's rarely sick. One of the nosey know-it-all partners ALWAYS asks what people have, what kind of illness did they have, etc. He'll grill you when you are back to work from behing home sick. He just came over now and asked what illness does my boss have. She has a bad case of none of your fucking business.

This guy does this to me, too, after I"ve been out sick. DUde, it was cramps or my bowels turned to liquid, either way, MYOB.

Geez, just yesterday, I covered the front desk from 8 until 11:30 b/c our receptionist was out with an appointment.

Partner: "Oh, is S out sick?"
Me: No, she just won't be in until 11:30.
Partner: What's she doing?
Me: I don't know.(all of this said with a very flat, don't know, don't care, go away tone)
Partner: Well I hope she's feeling okay.

Whatever. I know then when he stopped by her desk he was all in her business with whatever she had going on in the morning. This guy doesn't let up. And b/c his son and DIL are doctors, he thinks he knows as much as a doctor does and will actually give medical advice.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82570 Mar 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My boss is out sick two days in a row now -- she's rarely sick. One of the nosey know-it-all partners ALWAYS asks what people have, what kind of illness did they have, etc. He'll grill you when you are back to work from behing home sick. He just came over now and asked what illness does my boss have. She has a bad case of none of your fucking business.
This guy does this to me, too, after I"ve been out sick. DUde, it was cramps or my bowels turned to liquid, either way, MYOB.
Geez, just yesterday, I covered the front desk from 8 until 11:30 b/c our receptionist was out with an appointment.
Partner: "Oh, is S out sick?"
Me: No, she just won't be in until 11:30.
Partner: What's she doing?
Me: I don't know.(all of this said with a very flat, don't know, don't care, go away tone)
Partner: Well I hope she's feeling okay.
Whatever. I know then when he stopped by her desk he was all in her business with whatever she had going on in the morning. This guy doesn't let up. And b/c his son and DIL are doctors, he thinks he knows as much as a doctor does and will actually give medical advice.
WTH is wrong with him?

I once said "I have to leave early for an eye doctor appointment." and my co-worker said "TMI, nobody needs to know!" He's a weird guy. I don't know what goes on at his eye doctor appointments.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82571 Mar 19, 2013
I feel so crappy. I've been treating my body like a garbage disposal lately. I think I drank 5 or 6 nights in a row last week. So, as of yesterday, I'm back on low carb. But in the meantime, I'm just tired and lethargic. I hope this day ends soon.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82572 Mar 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I feel so crappy. I've been treating my body like a garbage disposal lately. I think I drank 5 or 6 nights in a row last week. So, as of yesterday, I'm back on low carb. But in the meantime, I'm just tired and lethargic. I hope this day ends soon.
sugar. get off any sugar and you will perk up

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82573 Mar 19, 2013
Will do skippy, just as soon as you take your liberal left wing republican wicckan political comments outta here!
edogxxx wrote:
Ya know, not everyone wants to hear about the mundane intricacies and everyday drama of people's family members. Can't you guys take it to another thread...?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82574 Mar 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>sugar. get off any sugar and you will perk up
Yup. I know it. I'm drinking a Coke Zero right now, though, because they were out of unsweetened iced tea. This is probably not helping. Chemical sugar probably isn't much better.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#82575 Mar 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
AheadupassnoncontributingPOSse zwut?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82577 Mar 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I know it. I'm drinking a Coke Zero right now, though, because they were out of unsweetened iced tea. This is probably not helping. Chemical sugar probably isn't much better.
My diet says the only sweetener alowed is Stevia. It has been efective for me.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82578 Mar 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My diet says the only sweetener alowed is Stevia. It has been efective for me.
In what way? What do you see as different from any other sweetner you may have used before? I am interested. I've used Stevia, I've used Equal. I can't stand beverages sweetened with real sugar -- they taste syrupy to me.

I hear, of course like everyone else, the horrible things artificial sweetners are suppose to be. I also think of myself -- I've been drinking diet drinks with artificals sweetners since 1978. In NOT small quantities.

Maybe I'm immuned. But I'm willing to switch all to Stevia to try it if there might be a difference in health or feeling of well being.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82579 Mar 19, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way? What do you see as different from any other sweetner you may have used before? I am interested. I've used Stevia, I've used Equal. I can't stand beverages sweetened with real sugar -- they taste syrupy to me.
I hear, of course like everyone else, the horrible things artificial sweetners are suppose to be. I also think of myself -- I've been drinking diet drinks with artificals sweetners since 1978. In NOT small quantities.
Maybe I'm immuned. But I'm willing to switch all to Stevia to try it if there might be a difference in health or feeling of well being.
New Years Day I started a Diet with the unfortunate name Fat Flush Diet. One of the theories is that certain substances are processed by the liver and detract fom its ability to metabolize other, fat causing substances. The induction portion takes away all refined sugars, flour(read gluten) and emphasizes eating certain things and some supplements. The sweetener allowed in only Stevia.

There were a lot of sweets and goodies in the break room over the holidays and I tried most of them. A couple days after I started the diet I could feel a marked change in my energy and ,for lack of a better term, clear headedness. I asked my internist about that when I saw her the middle of January , about 2 weeks into the diet. She said that sugar had been the culprit.

Last week I gave myself a birthday treat of a Vietnamese cinnamon donut topped with huckleberry jam and soft serve ice cream. In about a half hour I was noticably zinging and the next morning my energy was gone and my head was like mud.

I have only the empirical evidence of what I noticed. I have no idea if the science is valid, but it is working quite nicely for me without adding much exercize. I have lost about 15 lbs. I have "legal cheats" which don't materially put weight on and I am not finding it difficult to stay with.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82580 Mar 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
New Years Day I started a Diet with the unfortunate name Fat Flush Diet. One of the theories is that certain substances are processed by the liver and detract fom its ability to metabolize other, fat causing substances. The induction portion takes away all refined sugars, flour(read gluten) and emphasizes eating certain things and some supplements. The sweetener allowed in only Stevia.
There were a lot of sweets and goodies in the break room over the holidays and I tried most of them. A couple days after I started the diet I could feel a marked change in my energy and ,for lack of a better term, clear headedness. I asked my internist about that when I saw her the middle of January , about 2 weeks into the diet. She said that sugar had been the culprit.
Last week I gave myself a birthday treat of a Vietnamese cinnamon donut topped with huckleberry jam and soft serve ice cream. In about a half hour I was noticably zinging and the next morning my energy was gone and my head was like mud.
I have only the empirical evidence of what I noticed. I have no idea if the science is valid, but it is working quite nicely for me without adding much exercize. I have lost about 15 lbs. I have "legal cheats" which don't materially put weight on and I am not finding it difficult to stay with.
Thanks for the info. Really. What scares me is doing without caffeine. I know I probably should, but yannow...

The thing that works as a pick-me-up is my iced coffee in the afternoon. I am blessed that as long as I have my iced coffee before 5pm, I have no problems sleeping. The caffeine in pop doesn't seem to affect me. I hear people can't sleep if they ingest what I do, yet I don't have a problem at all. I have noticed coffee, even one cup, after 5pm does make a difference so you would think the pop would, too. Maybe it does and I just don't notice it b/c I haven't tried it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82581 Mar 19, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. Really. What scares me is doing without caffeine. I know I probably should, but yannow...
The thing that works as a pick-me-up is my iced coffee in the afternoon. I am blessed that as long as I have my iced coffee before 5pm, I have no problems sleeping. The caffeine in pop doesn't seem to affect me. I hear people can't sleep if they ingest what I do, yet I don't have a problem at all. I have noticed coffee, even one cup, after 5pm does make a difference so you would think the pop would, too. Maybe it does and I just don't notice it b/c I haven't tried it.
I didn't have to give up caffeine. I still have coffee. When I craved something warm I mixed coffee and unsweetened cocoa and stevia and it was quite good. I could have had milk but I chose to stay off dairy as well.

I did not have any craving for soda, but I have drunk a lot of herb tea with a wedge of lemon in the pot

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#82582 Mar 20, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Rosemead, CA

#82583 Mar 20, 2013
Oh wow... you just posted the girls for 3/20 and I haven't been to bed yet.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82584 Mar 20, 2013

“reign in blood”

United States

#82585 Mar 20, 2013
What's the over/under on the chances Jammer is gonna hook up with a male stripper?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,100,522
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min Insect Trust 68,995
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 22 min Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,656
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••