Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
What poor reading comprehension we have. The Sequester was owned by both parties.
And please provide some substance re: your tax hike comments.
What part of the article that I posted did you not understand? According to two high level white house aides, it was Obama's idea?

In terms of the Sequester being owned by both parties, that's also not true. Obama lied and said it wasn't his idea, so as to disavow any ownership of it.

Before edog provides some substance how about YOU provide some substance for the things you say...

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>\
I wasn't defending him at all. I believed in the beginning when he said whatever it was that was anti-gay marriage, he lied and knew he was lying at the time. I told people that at the time. Iwas not surprised in any way when he "changed his mind." Or had a change of heart or whatever.
Frankly, I've been following John McCain's political career longer than most people. And he was GREAT until the GOP got ahold ofhim and started sticking their puppet hands up his posterior. His flip flops are ridiculous lies. I think he believes what political "experts" tell him, that if he wants to get elected, he needs to pander to X group.
He's starting to speak out more these days -- and military-related stuff is when he really sticks to his beliefs and his character. He won't compromise that stuff, in general. Too bad he's really starting to get up there in years. I expect he'll retire after at most one more term.
Fair enough, Angela. However, I still wouldn't characterize your statement about him lying as "bashing" him.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Of course not! He was lying for the good of the gays.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, Angela. However, I still wouldn't characterize your statement about him lying as "bashing" him.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Of course not! He was lying for the good of the gays.
<quoted text>
See, I wasn't the only one. That's exactly how I interpreted her initial comment. I didn't come off as bashing at all.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Here's one for sam.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/char...

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
And here's one for Race:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/01/20/...

How long you wanna do this?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Whats your point? You did not even provide a link to a news sight, just some latchkey site that promotes its own agenda.

Oh, and your story only proves my contention that gun safety should be taught in schools. This is just another example of a tragic accident, just like so many car crashes involving youngsters who get behind the wheel of a car without adequate training.

We cant go round and round sam unless your actually in the loop!
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's one for Race:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/01/20/...
How long you wanna do this?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

In other news...

I got told yesterday afternoon that my sister will be here tomorrow night and I have to go to Amtrak to pick her up.

#herewego...

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news...
I got told yesterday afternoon that my sister will be here tomorrow night and I have to go to Amtrak to pick her up.
#herewego...
I take it you are less than thrilled about your sister coming?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Well, looks like you dont have to do all that driving now....
Just how big is your house anyway? Dont you already have a boarder?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news...
#herewego...

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are less than thrilled about your sister coming?
I just dread the DRAMA (yes it's necessary that it's capitalized) that I *know* is coming with her. I'm glad she's leaving before her POS husband is released from jail, but she's cutting it so close (he gets out in April).

She's a lot of work. Even knowing I'm only going to help her to help herself, she's a lot of work...

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, looks like you dont have to do all that driving now....
Just how big is your house anyway? Dont you already have a boarder?
<quoted text>
True. I didn't want to drive. It's a freaking apartment. Two and 1/2 bedrooms (the 1/2 is really more like a large walk in closet, but it has it's own closet-ette so...) and yeah my niece and HER daughter.

My niece doesn't get along with my sister AT ALL and is still (recently) bitching about a fight they had FIFTEEN years ago. Seriously? Let.It.Go!

Niece's daughter is apparently going back to Oklahoma..in MAY, but ok at least she's *going*. They are waiting for her aunt (I think) who works for Southwest to get her some kind of cheapie ticket. I looked up fares (one way) online the other day. Dude, don't wait,*I* will buy the ticket...just go.

/rant

Next time I move, I'm not telling anyone (ANYone) where I am. Word.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news...

#herewego...
Take the Serenity Prayer and secularize it any way that works for you. I wish you luck and am keeping you in my thoughts.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just dread the DRAMA (yes it's necessary that it's capitalized) that I *know* is coming with her. I'm glad she's leaving before her POS husband is released from jail, but she's cutting it so close (he gets out in April).
She's a lot of work. Even knowing I'm only going to help her to help herself, she's a lot of work...
Well good luck holding up. I hope on some level she appreciates what you are doing for her.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Wow. This kid is definitely beyond rehabilitation:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio...

He's a teenager who killed 3 other teens, and at his sentencing hearing he wore a white t-shirt on which he had written "Killer," and he flipped off the victims' families. Lock him up and throw away the key.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news...
#herewego...
Where is the 12 year old? Will he be transferring schools?
Given your recent comments about not asking for help, do you have a support system in place to take care of YOU?(Besides us of course) Seriously, this is a big undertaking.

You have hung tough before. Hang tough on this one lady.

As soemone else said, at least its Amtrack and not Bakersfield.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Wow. This kid is definitely beyond rehabilitation:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ohio...
He's a teenager who killed 3 other teens, and at his sentencing hearing he wore a white t-shirt on which he had written "Killer," and he flipped off the victims' families. Lock him up and throw away the key.
""This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F--- all of you,"

Enjoy the anal rape, kid.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
""This hand that pulled the trigger that killed your sons now masturbates to the memory. F--- all of you,"
No kidding. I think someone might not have an easy transition from small town Ohio school yard to prison yard. He is going to get woooooorrrrnnnnnnn out.

Can you imagine being the public defender who had to sit next to that piece of crap?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Jess, Sam, Pelly thanks you guys. It's not like I didn't know this was coming, at some point.

Pelly: I assume he will be transferring schools. He is coming with her. She has a friend she wants to stay with, so at least it won't be here for more than a day or so. I'm actually going to try to talk her into going to the YWCA DV shelter instead. They have so many programs to help; legal, counseling, housing, plus it's a safe, locked, hidden place where she can take the time to get it together. Her friend can't really offer that. They also have the programs to help even for women who aren't in the shelter, so maybe she will at least take advantage of that.

I'm going to do whatever I can,*can* being the operative word, but I will not allow her really, really, really bad choices to turn my life upside down.

SHE married that POS and bred with him, and stayed with him way beyond when she knew she needed to get out, not me.

I think she probably has some form of something akin to Stockholm syndrome and has been in the mire so long she doesn't know HOW to help herself, but she will have to learn, and have to take charge of her own stuff.

I'm also (I think I said this before) going to try to talk her into going into rehab. She's never been so there's a chance she might be successful. I think there's a good chance that if she gets all the junk out of her system, and feels normal again, she will like it, if that makes sense.

Dude you're going to be 46 on Sunday. time to get.it.together.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,080,450
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Learn to Read 174,672
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 min Efrat 67,979
Abby 7-26 41 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-26 43 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 45,799
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••