Since: Mar 09

Rosemead, CA

#82583 Mar 20, 2013
Oh wow... you just posted the girls for 3/20 and I haven't been to bed yet.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82584 Mar 20, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82585 Mar 20, 2013
What's the over/under on the chances Jammer is gonna hook up with a male stripper?

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82586 Mar 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Woo hoo! Hope you don't have anything important to do this morning :)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82587 Mar 20, 2013
I just now noticed Tonka's quote above his avatar. Nice!

Location hidden

#82588 Mar 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
And she'll probably get them bacfk.

Location hidden

#82589 Mar 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking for the men... maybe you should post YOUR girls for 3/20!!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82590 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And she'll probably get them bacfk.
Will she have to refund teh money if she does?(snark)

Rosemead, CA

#82591 Mar 20, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo hoo! Hope you don't have anything important to do this morning :)
I wish. I slept for an hour and fifteen minutes, on my way to closing session now.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82592 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My boss is out sick two days in a row now -- she's rarely sick. One of the nosey know-it-all partners ALWAYS asks what people have, what kind of illness did they have, etc. He'll grill you when you are back to work from behing home sick. He just came over now and asked what illness does my boss have. She has a bad case of none of your fucking business.
This guy does this to me, too, after I"ve been out sick. DUde, it was cramps or my bowels turned to liquid, either way, MYOB.
Geez, just yesterday, I covered the front desk from 8 until 11:30 b/c our receptionist was out with an appointment.
Partner: "Oh, is S out sick?"
Me: No, she just won't be in until 11:30.
Partner: What's she doing?
Me: I don't know.(all of this said with a very flat, don't know, don't care, go away tone)
Partner: Well I hope she's feeling okay.
Whatever. I know then when he stopped by her desk he was all in her business with whatever she had going on in the morning. This guy doesn't let up. And b/c his son and DIL are doctors, he thinks he knows as much as a doctor does and will actually give medical advice.
Although *I* don't care to know what kind of sickness people have when they stay home sick, I really don't see a problem. Anytime I don't come in, I get asked about it. I have no problem telling them. I don't feel violated in any way. And if there is something I don't wish to share, I have no problem lying or being vague.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82593 Mar 20, 2013
I think red is talking more about the fact the the qwuestion are more an interrogation than friendly concern.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Although *I* don't care to know what kind of sickness people have when they stay home sick, I really don't see a problem. Anytime I don't come in, I get asked about it. I have no problem telling them. I don't feel violated in any way. And if there is something I don't wish to share, I have no problem lying or being vague.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82594 Mar 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
No words. I would say disgusting but that's inadequate. Nothing bad I could say about that mother would adequately describe what I think of her.

Location hidden

#82596 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
I think red is talking more about the fact the the qwuestion are more an interrogation than friendly concern.
<quoted text>
It actually IS "friendly concern." But he's pushy about it and he is relentless. shut up and retire already, dude! Is what I want to say to him.

Location hidden

#82597 Mar 20, 2013
And really -- WHO CARES if the receptionist is out sick? Is it so important to know the "why"? It's really none of his bees wax.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82598 Mar 20, 2013
I equate pushy and relentless to = interrogation.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually IS "friendly concern." But he's pushy about it and he is relentless. shut up and retire already, dude! Is what I want to say to him.

Location hidden

#82599 Mar 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
I equate pushy and relentless to = interrogation.
<quoted text>
THat's fair. He's NICE about it, but pushy.

Location hidden

#82600 Mar 20, 2013
Friend getting married has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks by cutting out bread and pasta. I asked her what she's been eating. She sent me their week's worth of meals (she plans them in advance, otherwise she knows she'll fall back on bread and pasta). Believe me, they are eating PLENTY and they are eating yummy stuff.

THen she sent me this article she got from her trainer re: why grains aren't the best way to get nutrition. Interesting stuff to read, for those who care:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-grains-are...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82601 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Friend getting married has dropped 10 pounds in two weeks by cutting out bread and pasta. I asked her what she's been eating. She sent me their week's worth of meals (she plans them in advance, otherwise she knows she'll fall back on bread and pasta). Believe me, they are eating PLENTY and they are eating yummy stuff.
THen she sent me this article she got from her trainer re: why grains aren't the best way to get nutrition. Interesting stuff to read, for those who care:
That fits in with thetheory of the one I am on.

Lunch today:leftover Christmas turkey defrosted and cooked in crock pot with chicken broth, some older little baby carrotsfrom the back of the vegetable drawer in the fridge, cut up onion and a box of fresh mushrooms and spices plus one half baked sweet potato on the side. Very filling. Texture like pulled pork. Todays spice was curry powder. Yesterday's was black pepper, garlic powder and some lemon with some white and brown rice.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82602 Mar 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Any chance you can share that list? I am just curious about what different people do to try to satisfy themselves when they are dieting.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82603 Mar 20, 2013
Well...she's on her way. Train's running on time, so far, so at least that's a positive.

In other news, my niece *might* get fired today (she'll) know at 3, and she's freaking the hell out. Plus, I think I mentioned she and my sister don't get along, so I recently heard "great she's getting here on a day I get fired, right before my birthday."

Ummm it's actually my sister's birthday too (they share a day) so there's that, plus S.T.F.U. you DO have a bad attitude and a smart mouth that you can't be using all the time at work...freaking DUH. I kinda hope they do fire her then she (and her kid) can go back to Oklahoma.

/rant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,154,436
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Earthling-1 49,247
Abby 12-22 25 min Mister Tonka 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min Frijoles 71,131
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Jimbo 20
Amy 12-22 2 hr cheluzal 8
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News