Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

In my experience, people that go to Christian colleges or are otherwise super religious get married to the first person that comes along. I guess my sister's alma mater has a divorce rate of 70% or so. It's because they get married at 20-ish, so they can plow.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.
I think they're on the same page as us. I think they've given the same chats we've given them. Like, take your time, you change a lot between 18 and 25 which is why it's better to get married older, yadda yadda. But they don't want to freak out because it might make things worse.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Anyway...stay tuned, folks. I'm sure I will have more hilarious tales. I may need to up my zoloft dose once we get in to the thick of things, since she showed more bridezilla tendancies yesterday than I had in 10 months of planning.

My work gift shop sells wedding planner books so I'm going to pick her up one today. Then I'm going to send her some websites, like offbeatbride.com .

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Heh, a MMA fight where each guy knocks the other one out at the same time:

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA. This isn't ADD or hyperactivity. I know people -- including adults -- with it and they are able to handle relationships fine. your friend is like my friend Dave. Lots of one-month relationshipos under his belt.
Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!

Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!
Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.
So, what you're saying is that you two are BFF, right?:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Very cool.

And the onion rings sound awesome.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Pretty good passive aggressive notes:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/03...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Hm that sounds a bit defensive. I think you're in love with him.
Tonkas Facebook Friend

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Does that mean our usual routine of meeting up for happy hour drinks after work on Fridays is canceled this week?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Tonkas Facebook Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean our usual routine of meeting up for happy hour drinks after work on Fridays is canceled this week?
Shut up! I told you to never talk to me in public!
Tonkas Facebook Friend

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Any of you ladies single?

;)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Pretty good passive aggressive notes:
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/03...
Hee, hee. Remind me of when I was younger and had a roommate. Another girl my age.

Saturday afternoon when I ran into her she started yelling at me how I kept her up all night long and she really didn't need to hear all that sex. And who did I have in our apartment, anyways. She came at me very angry.

I looked at her puzzled and informed her I had stayed the night at my sister's so I would like to know who was in our apartment, too.

Obviously, it was from next door. Wow, they must have been REALLY loud.(It would have been the next building -- though only 10 maybe 15 feet away.)

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

First one is funny:

News Item:“... have disqualified him from being a urinalysis observer....”
Your life may not be turning out quite as you wished, but at least you are not a disqualified urinalysis observer.

Newt Gingrich regarding those who favor the legalization of gay marriage:
“I don’t think they have the power to change what is a religiously inspired definition.”
Exactly so.
As Gingrich has shown us, marriage is a sacred bond between a man and three women.
And counting.

News Item:“... said forcing the eighth-grader to show a school authority her Facebook page is comparable to police barging into a home without a search warrant....”
And if there is one thing Facebook users value, it is their privacy.

News Headline:“Sequester marks ‘first significant Tea Party victory.’”
News Headline:“Army suspends tuition assistance program for troops.”
You will probably hear soldiers complaining.
But those are the takers for you.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
News Headline:“Army suspends tuition assistance program for troops.”
You will probably hear soldiers complaining.
But those are the takers for you.
And yet, tuition assistance for illegal aliens isn't getting cut. Shows you where our president's priorities are!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, tuition assistance for illegal aliens isn't getting cut. Shows you where our president's priorities are!
Yes, because Obama drew up the Sequester parameters. I am glad you have such a good grasp on the issues.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
NO federal dollars go to tuition assistance for illegal aliens. Some states are making the choice to do this (focusing primarily on the children of migrant workers, where the children are not citizens but they have spent more time in the U.S. than in their own home country).

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because Obama drew up the Sequester parameters. I am glad you have such a good grasp on the issues.
In fact he did, Sammy. According to Bob Woodward, the well respected journalist who broke Watergate, AND two senior white house aids, the sequester was proposed by Obama:

http://www.dailymail.com/Opinion/Commentary/2...

Obama lied when he said he didn't propose it and it was Congress who did. He lies whenever it suits him.

Since you are impartial and judge each issue on its merits, I'm sure you'll find this information most useful. <sarcasm>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE