Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think he's a strange/socially awkward dude that comes on way too strong and the girl gets the F out asap. His problem is not lack of focus and attention. His problem is that he focuses too much on one person. Comes on way too strong. Scares her off. And once she's gone, he needs to find the new love of his life.
My husband will send you a thank you note although he will have no idea why or what for.

Cheeze Louise I am glad I am not single.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's certainly been brought up. His dad is a bit of a control freak and would flip out. Fiance is technically an only child. I guess he had an older sister that died as a teenager. So it's Dad's only chance to see his kid get hitched. You know, until Fiance's second marriage, because getting married at 20 is generally a terrible idea.
J and I were like, well, if they're insisting that you have a wedding, then use that as a bargaining chip to help you pay for it.
Do you think they want to get married so they can have sex?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think he's a strange/socially awkward dude that comes on way too strong and the girl gets the F out asap. His problem is not lack of focus and attention. His problem is that he focuses too much on one person. Comes on way too strong. Scares her off. And once she's gone, he needs to find the new love of his life.
ITA. This isn't ADD or hyperactivity. I know people -- including adults -- with it and they are able to handle relationships fine. your friend is like my friend Dave. Lots of one-month relationshipos under his belt.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband will send you a thank you note although he will have no idea why or what for.
That will make 2 of us.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We dropped the ballpark figure of what our wedding cost and I think Fiance may have pooped his pants a little.
heh

Sorry. I just love how you phrased this.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
if they're insisting that you have a wedding, then use that as a bargaining chip to help you pay for it.
Yeah. This is what I was thinking before I read this far. I'll shut up now. You have it covered.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
THis is what I was thinking. Except for the fact that I don't think she's any more ready for a sexual relationship than she is marriage (read: maturity) I think that that would be a way better idea than up and getting married. But, then I'm not all into a religion that tells me I have to BE married, etc., so I can see how marriage would seem like the best/only option for them (or others).

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's probably part of it. I feel also like she's just trying to escape a terrible childhood.

J had a nice loooong talk to her about her interpersonal skills, too. Not sure if it will do any good. Fiance is majoring in religious studies of some sort. If he wants to be a pastor or whatever, pastor's wives have to be, yanno, kind and diplomatic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

In my experience, people that go to Christian colleges or are otherwise super religious get married to the first person that comes along. I guess my sister's alma mater has a divorce rate of 70% or so. It's because they get married at 20-ish, so they can plow.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.
I think they're on the same page as us. I think they've given the same chats we've given them. Like, take your time, you change a lot between 18 and 25 which is why it's better to get married older, yadda yadda. But they don't want to freak out because it might make things worse.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Anyway...stay tuned, folks. I'm sure I will have more hilarious tales. I may need to up my zoloft dose once we get in to the thick of things, since she showed more bridezilla tendancies yesterday than I had in 10 months of planning.

My work gift shop sells wedding planner books so I'm going to pick her up one today. Then I'm going to send her some websites, like offbeatbride.com .

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Heh, a MMA fight where each guy knocks the other one out at the same time:

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA. This isn't ADD or hyperactivity. I know people -- including adults -- with it and they are able to handle relationships fine. your friend is like my friend Dave. Lots of one-month relationshipos under his belt.
Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!

Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!
Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.
So, what you're saying is that you two are BFF, right?:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Very cool.

And the onion rings sound awesome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Pretty good passive aggressive notes:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/03...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Hm that sounds a bit defensive. I think you're in love with him.
Tonkas Facebook Friend

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Does that mean our usual routine of meeting up for happy hour drinks after work on Fridays is canceled this week?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Patrick 1,082,255
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min OnlyPatchWork 68,049
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min ritedownthemiddle 45,836
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min wojar 174,933
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 1 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 2 hr Dr beckyhills 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••