United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you take this with all of the love and support that's intended...

Ahem:

Remove him/her from your feed. Hide and block them so that you *can't* see this stuff. Maybe, a decade or so down the road you can re-friend him/her, but for now, you don't need to keep having salt rubbed into the wound.
Oh, that is my plan: to block him from my news feed. But I can't do it on my phone and don't have enough time during layover to get on the computer so I'll do it tonight.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Thanks guys. I chatted on the phone with A for a few minutes after I first saw Facebook and that calmed me down some. About to take off from Charlotte and by the time I get to Vegas, I'll be determined to have a good time.

Now if the guy next to me would just stop coughing.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Whew, jmw.

So... I'm just asking... it it just that the FB app doesn't let you change that specific setting via iphone? I haven't hunted around FB much on my ipad at all.

Hey, folks with iphones and ipads (and I assume, other smart phones that can use apps?), I don't remember whether I mentioned this:

appsgonefree

I downloaded this app per the recommendation of a couple of geek coworkers and I am finding the variety of apps (each day) to be really good. Games for toddlers, young kids, older kids, adults, tools to help you manage various aspects of life, apps to help you scrap book or alter photos, etc. Very fun. And once ou download the app, it's free for life, so you can delete it to save space on your device, then re-download it later.(I plan to make a list of the apps I delete, b/c I have been downloading games for Nick's kids, to be used ONLY IN AN EMERGENCY, so I don't want to keep them on there all the time.)

Anyway, it's just very cool. And once I downloaded that app, I went back as far as the calendar in the app would let me (about 2 weeks?) and I was able to download quite a few apps from previous days (if an app's free offer is expired, it's very obvious).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

I just watched it! Not too bad! Did you see the paperman cartoon after the credits?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling the same way about Wreckit Ralph.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Watching Parks and Rec. I love Ron Swanson!

What shows have y'all been watching lately?
Parks and Rec is great. Just hilarious all around.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I just saw on Facebook that Jasper's girlfriend went to Colorado with him this weekend. This was a trip for school that has been booked since last fall. I'm sitting at the airport waiting to leave for Vegas and am trying not to cry. And failing. Damnit I was doing better! But was afraid of getting blindsided by something like this.
Damn, I'm sorry.

My only other long term relationship--we broke up like 8 years ago (holy crap...) after 7 years together--had a pic of a woman on his profile recently and I gotta say, I still was taken aback a little. Even though I'm freaking married.

We're not fb friends. He tried to add me in '08 when I joined. Nope. Nope. Nope.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Been an interesting weekend with my houseguests. We started talking to them about wedding planning and all that goes into it and how much stuff costs and my SIL ended up crying. I don't think they have considered much at all realistically.

Now they want to switch schools b/c they hate ONU. What it actually is, is *she* hates it because she gets along with nobody. Sounds like she's the floor b1tch that freaks out when anyone makes noise. She's isolated herself because she has no roommate and spends all her time with the fiance. Socially, she's never been stable. Doesn't seem to get that the problem is her.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Holy cow, did I have one crazy, freaky night! Some tequila, a bon-fire... we've done things I've NEVER... well, never mind. Happy Saturday!
So I have been out in River North for dinner and drinks with girl friends. Craft cocktails by mixologists. The neighborhood is swarming with 20-30 somethings in green and very drunk and rowdy.
So upon reflection ( somewhat drunken but still...), it occurred to me that what you were talking about with the bon-fire was singing Kumbaya and making s'mores?

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

So an Irishman walks out of a bar...

Nah, just kidding!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

So I won $10 playing craps tonight.... Free drinks & a good time. I'm ready to turn this UP!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Smoking room but I refuse... Smoking in the hall.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

“NUK NUK NUK....HEY MOE!”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not trying to distance herself. She doesn't seem interested to respond to your rant. My take. Sure sounds like a rant. Accusing, veering off subject from gays to the military, etc.
Free country and all that.
I guess if you spout it you think it means you're on subject.
Seems that if he were talking gay stuff you would be all over that.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Been an interesting weekend with my houseguests. We started talking to them about wedding planning and all that goes into it and how much stuff costs and my SIL ended up crying. I don't think they have considered much at all realistically.
Now they want to switch schools b/c they hate ONU. What it actually is, is *she* hates it because she gets along with nobody. Sounds like she's the floor b1tch that freaks out when anyone makes noise. She's isolated herself because she has no roommate and spends all her time with the fiance. Socially, she's never been stable. Doesn't seem to get that the problem is her.
She is so NOT ready to get married. So what's the plan for after they do the deed? They going to move in to your spare room and live while they go to school locally then?

Maybe she should start (now) applying for school elsewhere, like maybe in another state (maybe a couple states away) for the fall semester. Seriously, I'm not being a smarta$$ now, I think it would do her (anyone really) to get far enough away from home that they can't return easily/often.

It pretty much forces them to grow the hell up and deal with real life (as real as college gets) and do stuff like make friends, compromise, learn to work with others, get a job and earn money...and on and on.

Rowland Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Hey guys. So I'm in Vegas! I had a great time last night playing craps with my boss and her husband. Today had its ups and downs both at the tables and in general, but the weather here is BEAUTIFUL and I had a beer at Serendipity 3 (no, it's not just ice cream! at least not here) and sat outside and people-watched and cheered myself up. Getting ready to go out tonight and see some old friends. Happy St. P's Day!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Hey guys. So I'm in Vegas! I had a great time last night playing craps with my boss and her husband. Today had its ups and downs both at the tables and in general, but the weather here is BEAUTIFUL and I had a beer at Serendipity 3 (no, it's not just ice cream! at least not here) and sat outside and people-watched and cheered myself up. Getting ready to go out tonight and see some old friends. Happy St. P's Day!
Yay!!! Glad you are having a good time :)

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

So I saw something on Facebook today that made me trace back a timeline.

Former classmate:

1st date: 2/2
Status "In a relationship": 2/4
Last post mentioning her name: 2/16
Post addressing another chick as "baby": 2/26
As of today, neither one is on his friend list.
As of today, he's checking chicks out on a site called MeetMe(and its getting auto-posted to Facebook)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Former classmate:
As of today, he's checking chicks out on a site called MeetMe(and its getting auto-posted to Facebook)
I recognize this. It is the Social media version of ADHD.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Woooo!! Vegas is a great place to forget about stuff...unless you live/have a history there, then you just kinda avoid it. Don't ask me how I know this.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Former classmate:
Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81,341 - 81,360 of96,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Abby 4-17 4 min RACE 38
Abby 4-18 5 min cheluzal 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min flack 1,033,464
Amy 4-18 6 min Mister Tonka 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,509
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Registered Earth Angel 47,041
Teens expelled from Long Island Catholic school... 39 min The North knows 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance