Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82477 Mar 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband will send you a thank you note although he will have no idea why or what for.
That will make 2 of us.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82479 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We dropped the ballpark figure of what our wedding cost and I think Fiance may have pooped his pants a little.
heh

Sorry. I just love how you phrased this.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82480 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
if they're insisting that you have a wedding, then use that as a bargaining chip to help you pay for it.
Yeah. This is what I was thinking before I read this far. I'll shut up now. You have it covered.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82481 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they want to get married so they can have sex?
THis is what I was thinking. Except for the fact that I don't think she's any more ready for a sexual relationship than she is marriage (read: maturity) I think that that would be a way better idea than up and getting married. But, then I'm not all into a religion that tells me I have to BE married, etc., so I can see how marriage would seem like the best/only option for them (or others).

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82482 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they want to get married so they can have sex?
Yeah, that's probably part of it. I feel also like she's just trying to escape a terrible childhood.

J had a nice loooong talk to her about her interpersonal skills, too. Not sure if it will do any good. Fiance is majoring in religious studies of some sort. If he wants to be a pastor or whatever, pastor's wives have to be, yanno, kind and diplomatic.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82483 Mar 18, 2013
I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82484 Mar 18, 2013
In my experience, people that go to Christian colleges or are otherwise super religious get married to the first person that comes along. I guess my sister's alma mater has a divorce rate of 70% or so. It's because they get married at 20-ish, so they can plow.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82485 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm curious as to what fiance's parents think about this. I mean, it'sa free world, do what you want, but I think for *most* people, getting married while in college can be a big mistake.
I think they're on the same page as us. I think they've given the same chats we've given them. Like, take your time, you change a lot between 18 and 25 which is why it's better to get married older, yadda yadda. But they don't want to freak out because it might make things worse.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82486 Mar 18, 2013
Anyway...stay tuned, folks. I'm sure I will have more hilarious tales. I may need to up my zoloft dose once we get in to the thick of things, since she showed more bridezilla tendancies yesterday than I had in 10 months of planning.

My work gift shop sells wedding planner books so I'm going to pick her up one today. Then I'm going to send her some websites, like offbeatbride.com .

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82487 Mar 18, 2013
Heh, a MMA fight where each guy knocks the other one out at the same time:

http://www.cnn.com/video/...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#82488 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA. This isn't ADD or hyperactivity. I know people -- including adults -- with it and they are able to handle relationships fine. your friend is like my friend Dave. Lots of one-month relationshipos under his belt.
Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!

Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82489 Mar 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa! Hold on! Back up just a minute!
Let's not get all crazy and call this dude my friend. This is a former classmate who sent me a FB request. I accepted. And have not exchanged a single message with him. I would not turn my back to him he came up to me on the street and said hello, but I also would not walk across a room to say 'hello' to him if I happened to notice him in the same place.
So, what you're saying is that you two are BFF, right?:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82490 Mar 18, 2013

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Nashville, TN

#82491 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Very cool.

And the onion rings sound awesome.

Location hidden

#82492 Mar 18, 2013
Pretty good passive aggressive notes:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/03...

Location hidden

#82493 Mar 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Hm that sounds a bit defensive. I think you're in love with him.
Tonkas Facebook Friend

Kernersville, NC

#82494 Mar 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Does that mean our usual routine of meeting up for happy hour drinks after work on Fridays is canceled this week?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#82495 Mar 18, 2013
Tonkas Facebook Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean our usual routine of meeting up for happy hour drinks after work on Fridays is canceled this week?
Shut up! I told you to never talk to me in public!
Tonkas Facebook Friend

Kernersville, NC

#82496 Mar 18, 2013
Any of you ladies single?

;)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82497 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Pretty good passive aggressive notes:
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/03...
Hee, hee. Remind me of when I was younger and had a roommate. Another girl my age.

Saturday afternoon when I ran into her she started yelling at me how I kept her up all night long and she really didn't need to hear all that sex. And who did I have in our apartment, anyways. She came at me very angry.

I looked at her puzzled and informed her I had stayed the night at my sister's so I would like to know who was in our apartment, too.

Obviously, it was from next door. Wow, they must have been REALLY loud.(It would have been the next building -- though only 10 maybe 15 feet away.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,403,350
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 219,330
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,268
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr TWP 72,037
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,245
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 1,790
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr GEORGIA 2,848

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages