“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82459 Mar 18, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82460 Mar 18, 2013
Thanks Dog. Spring is coming. Keep thinking that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82461 Mar 18, 2013
Re: TOnka's post. It really isn't about social media, I think. Imagine how this guy probably is in real life -- all jazzed about his new girlfriend (calling her "Girlfriend" after two days of knowing her, let's say), telling friends about her, maybe introducing them, and two weeks later, it's over and he's onto another woman, and repeates the exact same behavior.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#82462 Mar 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
The tulips I planted last year are just starting to come up.

If they can make through this weather, then so can I.

Location hidden

#82463 Mar 18, 2013
Winter storm here. People's commutes are double and triple their usual. They closed I_94 west of the metro.

Our receptionist still isn' here (the highway out in front of our building is a 5mph crawl right now).

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82464 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Re: TOnka's post. It really isn't about social media, I think. Imagine how this guy probably is in real life -- all jazzed about his new girlfriend (calling her "Girlfriend" after two days of knowing her, let's say), telling friends about her, maybe introducing them, and two weeks later, it's over and he's onto another woman, and repeates the exact same behavior.
Keeps moving really fast from gf to gf, can't keep attention focused on one person more than 2 weeks.
Attention Deficit
Hyperactivity.
My comment stands.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#82465 Mar 18, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Seems that if he were talking gay stuff you would be all over that.
LOL. Dude, I won't even waste your words. She's a bore and dumb as f'. One of the few posters on here with no redeeming qualities.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82466 Mar 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Hey guys. So I'm in Vegas! I had a great time last night playing craps with my boss and her husband. Today had its ups and downs both at the tables and in general, but the weather here is BEAUTIFUL and I had a beer at Serendipity 3 (no, it's not just ice cream! at least not here) and sat outside and people-watched and cheered myself up. Getting ready to go out tonight and see some old friends. Happy St. P's Day!
Jealous. I love Vegas so much. Perfect time of year, too.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82467 Mar 18, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The tulips I planted last year are just starting to come up.
If they can make through this weather, then so can I.
I have Rosebuds on my mind and snow drops in the back yard.

Check your pm

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82468 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Winter storm here. People's commutes are double and triple their usual. They closed I_94 west of the metro.
Our receptionist still isn' here (the highway out in front of our building is a 5mph crawl right now).
Bad here, too . Rain , freezing rain, ice pellets. Good day to stay inside and eat lunch at my desk.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82469 Mar 18, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
She is so NOT ready to get married. So what's the plan for after they do the deed? They going to move in to your spare room and live while they go to school locally then?
Maybe she should start (now) applying for school elsewhere, like maybe in another state (maybe a couple states away) for the fall semester. Seriously, I'm not being a smarta$$ now, I think it would do her (anyone really) to get far enough away from home that they can't return easily/often.
It pretty much forces them to grow the hell up and deal with real life (as real as college gets) and do stuff like make friends, compromise, learn to work with others, get a job and earn money...and on and on.
Oh, I agree that they're not ready to get married. They can barely wipe their own asses. But they need to figure that out.

They are *not* living with us. That was pretty much the first words out of my mouth after they announced the engagement. And if they're both working at that camp this summer, he can go to his parents house on their breaks. I'm not running a damn hostel.

I think we gave them a TON of food for thought. It was pretty hilarious on my end, actually. They haven't even decided *where* they are going to have the wedding, here in Bloomington or up in the 'burbs near his family. So J's like "Well, if it's up there then you need to figure out how Grandpa is going to get up here and if he'll need a hotel and if the facility is handicapped accessable. If you have it *here* you need to consider the same for (Fiance's) family members." aaaaand I think that's when she started crying. Then we got to the financials. We dropped the ballpark figure of what our wedding cost and I think Fiance may have pooped his pants a little.

Location hidden

#82470 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I agree that they're not ready to get married. They can barely wipe their own asses. But they need to figure that out.
They are *not* living with us. That was pretty much the first words out of my mouth after they announced the engagement. And if they're both working at that camp this summer, he can go to his parents house on their breaks. I'm not running a damn hostel.
I think we gave them a TON of food for thought. It was pretty hilarious on my end, actually. They haven't even decided *where* they are going to have the wedding, here in Bloomington or up in the 'burbs near his family. So J's like "Well, if it's up there then you need to figure out how Grandpa is going to get up here and if he'll need a hotel and if the facility is handicapped accessable. If you have it *here* you need to consider the same for (Fiance's) family members." aaaaand I think that's when she started crying. Then we got to the financials. We dropped the ballpark figure of what our wedding cost and I think Fiance may have pooped his pants a little.
Or they can elope (or just go to a minister with mom, J and you and fiance's parents) and spend like... under $200 for marriage license, ec.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82471 Mar 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they can elope (or just go to a minister with mom, J and you and fiance's parents) and spend like... under $200 for marriage license, ec.
Oh, that's certainly been brought up. His dad is a bit of a control freak and would flip out. Fiance is technically an only child. I guess he had an older sister that died as a teenager. So it's Dad's only chance to see his kid get hitched. You know, until Fiance's second marriage, because getting married at 20 is generally a terrible idea.

J and I were like, well, if they're insisting that you have a wedding, then use that as a bargaining chip to help you pay for it.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82472 Mar 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Keeps moving really fast from gf to gf, can't keep attention focused on one person more than 2 weeks.
Attention Deficit
Hyperactivity.
My comment stands.
I disagree. I think he's a strange/socially awkward dude that comes on way too strong and the girl gets the F out asap. His problem is not lack of focus and attention. His problem is that he focuses too much on one person. Comes on way too strong. Scares her off. And once she's gone, he needs to find the new love of his life.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82473 Mar 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
What's this about a godam high of 25 on Wednesday!? Winter is NOT letting go!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82474 Mar 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think he's a strange/socially awkward dude that comes on way too strong and the girl gets the F out asap. His problem is not lack of focus and attention. His problem is that he focuses too much on one person. Comes on way too strong. Scares her off. And once she's gone, he needs to find the new love of his life.
My husband will send you a thank you note although he will have no idea why or what for.

Cheeze Louise I am glad I am not single.

Location hidden

#82475 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's certainly been brought up. His dad is a bit of a control freak and would flip out. Fiance is technically an only child. I guess he had an older sister that died as a teenager. So it's Dad's only chance to see his kid get hitched. You know, until Fiance's second marriage, because getting married at 20 is generally a terrible idea.
J and I were like, well, if they're insisting that you have a wedding, then use that as a bargaining chip to help you pay for it.
Do you think they want to get married so they can have sex?

Location hidden

#82476 Mar 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think he's a strange/socially awkward dude that comes on way too strong and the girl gets the F out asap. His problem is not lack of focus and attention. His problem is that he focuses too much on one person. Comes on way too strong. Scares her off. And once she's gone, he needs to find the new love of his life.
ITA. This isn't ADD or hyperactivity. I know people -- including adults -- with it and they are able to handle relationships fine. your friend is like my friend Dave. Lots of one-month relationshipos under his belt.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82477 Mar 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband will send you a thank you note although he will have no idea why or what for.
That will make 2 of us.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82479 Mar 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
We dropped the ballpark figure of what our wedding cost and I think Fiance may have pooped his pants a little.
heh

Sorry. I just love how you phrased this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deat Abby 12-16 6 min RACE 53
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques Ottawa 181,714
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min lmao 1,153,111
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 47 min Go Blue Forever 82
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 1 hr Go Blue Forever 20
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 2 hr Le Duped 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,876
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:07 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:07PM