Comments
81,301 - 81,320 of 97,948 Comments Last updated Sunday

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82420 Mar 16, 2013
Watching Parks and Rec. I love Ron Swanson!

What shows have y'all been watching lately?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82421 Mar 16, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Google Ron Swanson and his pyramid of awesome!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82422 Mar 16, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<drags the step-stool over>
AHEM!!!
Would all y'all please take the political bickering somewhere else??
Thank you, thankyouvurry much.
<climbs down and takes the step stool back to the corner>
::helps with the stool:: I second that.

Motion carried...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82423 Mar 16, 2013
My SIL took over hosting duties this year for her in-laws' St Patrick's dinner. The guest list has gone from about 100 down to 30 (which is still a little much for me).

We are invited every year, but always decline. This year, my MIL asked us to go because it will be her first social event since my FIL died and she wanted our support.

Ry has a fever of 101.1 today. I'm sorry my son doesn't feel well, but kinda glad that I have an excuse to stay home. My husband and E are going and promised to bring me home some corned beef.

United States

#82424 Mar 16, 2013
I just saw on Facebook that Jasper's girlfriend went to Colorado with him this weekend. This was a trip for school that has been booked since last fall. I'm sitting at the airport waiting to leave for Vegas and am trying not to cry. And failing. Damnit I was doing better! But was afraid of getting blindsided by something like this.

Location hidden

#82425 Mar 16, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
My SIL took over hosting duties this year for her in-laws' St Patrick's dinner. The guest list has gone from about 100 down to 30 (which is still a little much for me).
We are invited every year, but always decline. This year, my MIL asked us to go because it will be her first social event since my FIL died and she wanted our support.
Ry has a fever of 101.1 today. I'm sorry my son doesn't feel well, but kinda glad that I have an excuse to stay home. My husband and E are going and promised to bring me home some corned beef.
Ry took one for the team. ; )

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82426 Mar 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Abby (should be for the 16th, PE. You were close, though :)
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TDBOOR1KIV...
Amy (at least you got this one right :)
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T9GOGGC8S2...
Good morning, BTCHES!!
Holy cow, did I have one crazy, freaky night! Some tequila, a bon-fire... we've done things I've NEVER... well, never mind. Happy Saturday!
Thank you for doing teh links.
Thank you for catching my mistake.
No need to be rude.
TMI

(I saw eh piece on eh news. They thought Braidwood had gone up. Good to know it was just you.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82427 Mar 16, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I just saw on Facebook that Jasper's girlfriend went to Colorado with him this weekend. This was a trip for school that has been booked since last fall. I'm sitting at the airport waiting to leave for Vegas and am trying not to cry. And failing. Damnit I was doing better! But was afraid of getting blindsided by something like this.
Unfriend him so you don't see this stuff til you are tougher.

Vegas is fun. Distract yourself.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82428 Mar 16, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Go ahead and cry for a couple of minutes. Then change your settings on FB so that you don't see his posts. Make a resolution to talk to a stranger or do something that you always wanted to, but never did, while you are in Vegas.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82429 Mar 16, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I hope you take this with all of the love and support that's intended...

Ahem:

Remove him/her from your feed. Hide and block them so that you *can't* see this stuff. Maybe, a decade or so down the road you can re-friend him/her, but for now, you don't need to keep having salt rubbed into the wound.

Location hidden

#82430 Mar 16, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Unfriend him so you don't see this stuff .
Agreed!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82432 Mar 16, 2013
Jamwow, I'm with Mimi, Red and Pellen.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82433 Mar 16, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Furthermore, Toj, you had a very very very difficult time reading and comprehending a dear Abby or dear Amy letter where the guy said his gf expects him to do everything around the house, while she does nothing and couldn't get it through you thick skull that the fact that he didn't want to do everything around the house, while his gf did nothing, didn't somehow mean he did nothing and she did everything.
I highly doubt someone who is ^^^^^ that f'ing retarded is equipped with the tools necessary to have discussions about student counsel, much less national politics.
:D
She's not trying to distance herself. She doesn't seem interested to respond to your rant. My take. Sure sounds like a rant. Accusing, veering off subject from gays to the military, etc.

Free country and all that.

I guess if you spout it you think it means you're on subject.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82434 Mar 16, 2013
Every pet owner's nightmare (and of course it happened at Newark Airport).

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/hendrix...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82435 Mar 16, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Every pet owner's nightmare (and of course it happened at Newark Airport).
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/hendrix...
Awww, poor puppy! I like her dad's take on it:
Meredith's father Joe felt helpless for his family during the ordeal.
"What do you say, except,'I hope he gets some Guinness and corned beef and cabbage,'" he told KNXV.

United States

#82436 Mar 16, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you take this with all of the love and support that's intended...

Ahem:

Remove him/her from your feed. Hide and block them so that you *can't* see this stuff. Maybe, a decade or so down the road you can re-friend him/her, but for now, you don't need to keep having salt rubbed into the wound.
Oh, that is my plan: to block him from my news feed. But I can't do it on my phone and don't have enough time during layover to get on the computer so I'll do it tonight.

United States

#82437 Mar 16, 2013
Thanks guys. I chatted on the phone with A for a few minutes after I first saw Facebook and that calmed me down some. About to take off from Charlotte and by the time I get to Vegas, I'll be determined to have a good time.

Now if the guy next to me would just stop coughing.....

Location hidden

#82438 Mar 16, 2013
Whew, jmw.

So... I'm just asking... it it just that the FB app doesn't let you change that specific setting via iphone? I haven't hunted around FB much on my ipad at all.

Hey, folks with iphones and ipads (and I assume, other smart phones that can use apps?), I don't remember whether I mentioned this:

appsgonefree

I downloaded this app per the recommendation of a couple of geek coworkers and I am finding the variety of apps (each day) to be really good. Games for toddlers, young kids, older kids, adults, tools to help you manage various aspects of life, apps to help you scrap book or alter photos, etc. Very fun. And once ou download the app, it's free for life, so you can delete it to save space on your device, then re-download it later.(I plan to make a list of the apps I delete, b/c I have been downloading games for Nick's kids, to be used ONLY IN AN EMERGENCY, so I don't want to keep them on there all the time.)

Anyway, it's just very cool. And once I downloaded that app, I went back as far as the calendar in the app would let me (about 2 weeks?) and I was able to download quite a few apps from previous days (if an app's free offer is expired, it's very obvious).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82440 Mar 16, 2013
I just watched it! Not too bad! Did you see the paperman cartoon after the credits?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling the same way about Wreckit Ralph.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82441 Mar 16, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:

Parks and Rec is great. Just hilarious all around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 49,489
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min the wandering girl 4,684
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••