Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>I'm feeling the same way about Wreckit Ralph.
Ah, suck. Did you at least enjoy it the first time around?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh man, does anyone else get chocked up at the U.S. Army commercial with the woman soldier in her fatigues in the living room with her parents, talking about her joining? When her dad talks about her, I tear up every time.
Haven't seen it, but the vids of deployed parents surprising their kids at school or wherever make me weep like the end of Old Yeller.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that on his flight home, the "person" in the seat next to him was a K-9 soldier. With pics. How cool!
That is so awesome!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>That is VERY cool!!!!

I assume the k9 is a german shepherd. My Bailey was half GS. Tonight I went to Petco after having a fun supper with Nick and Alex (Nick Jr. is home sick), there was a guy with his gorgeous brown GS and he let me pet her, kiss her, and tell her I loved her ("Awww I love you too!").

I am jonesin' for a dog and a kitten.

Seriously for the kitten. We'll see.
Aww!

My anti-dog, pro-cat friend told me, before we got Dex, that I would resent getting a dog within 6 months.

Not for a moment. Goddamn, they are so fun.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't think Obama *did* anything all on his own. I think every president, with few exceptions and on rare occasion, is told by a few Very Full Of Themselves People what he had to say in order to do XYZ to appease ABC and send DEF message to 456.

A big chucnk of politics is one big stupid game. Both parties do it, 95% of them do it (Paul Wellstone did not and should serve as an example of truly striving to serve one's principles and the people he represents), and I'm so used to it, I'm over it.
So instead of calling out Obama who as you acknowledge does bait and switch shyte purely for political gain, plays with voters in typical slimeball politician fashion, and who tries to play the game better than his competition, you and others on here are going to criticize some guy who publicly admitted he was wrong on an issue he was very prominent on for all these years and changed his views out of love and understand for someone close to him? What's more genuine?

I have far more respect for someone who owns up to their past mistakes, not because it is some political game, but because it comes from a profound and genuine understanding that they were flat out wrong, regardless of how this comes about.

I also have more respect for someone who says what they believe, not to trick folks, but because it's actually what they believe, even if I don't agree with them, verses someone who is a weasel and just says what he thinks people want to hear.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>That is VERY cool!!!!

I assume the k9 is a german shepherd. My Bailey was half GS. Tonight I went to Petco after having a fun supper with Nick and Alex (Nick Jr. is home sick), there was a guy with his gorgeous brown GS and he let me pet her, kiss her, and tell her I loved her ("Awww I love you too!").

I am jonesin' for a dog and a kitten.

Seriously for the kitten. We'll see.
Yep, GS. I hope something cool like that happens on one of my flights, but I'll settle for seat mates who don't stink and aren't annoying.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

My friend B at work, the single dad I've mentioned, got a puppy recently and he's had his kids bring her to work to visit a couple of times. Oh... my... gosh - most chilled out puppy ever. She makes people who said "I never want a dog" want a dog.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I pointed out the brain trust in the White House voted in favor of defaulting on debt and then changed his mind and Angela said in response that she finds fiscal issues, including, presumably, the one I mentioned, I.e. defaulting on debt, to be less important than civil rights, including, presumably, gay marriage.
This means she cares more about gay marriage than if we default on our debt.
This means she would rather we have gay marriage even if it meant we default on our debt, which isn't as important to her (who the f' needs a job, so long as gays can marry, right ... All those folks who rely on entitlements, including the elderly who rely on social security and Medicare, Medicaid, federal funding for education, funding for our men and women in the military ...all of which right now is funded partially by debt, who cares about them, so long as gays can marry, rights ... These "fiscal" things aren't as important, right. <<<< now you know why I said it's idiotic to say these fiscal matters are less important).
You said you agreed with her. Now you are trying to distance yourself. I don't blame you.
Have a good weekend too, Squishy!
:D
She's not trying to distance herself. She doesn't seem interested to respond to your rant. My take. Sure sounds like a rant. Accusing, veering off subject from gays to the military, etc.

Free country and all that.

I guess if you spout it you think it means you're on subject.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww!
My anti-dog, pro-cat friend told me, before we got Dex, that I would resent getting a dog within 6 months.
Not for a moment. Goddamn, they are so fun.
I am way more of a cat person than a dog person, but ... dogs are amazing. They love you like nothing else. I love that. I miss that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
My friend B at work, the single dad I've mentioned, got a puppy recently and he's had his kids bring her to work to visit a couple of times. Oh... my... gosh - most chilled out puppy ever. She makes people who said "I never want a dog" want a dog.
My CW -- live-in boyfriend and his three kids (and she is the best thing that could have happened to those kids -- just got a yellow lab puppy and it's the same thing: Low-key, awesome, gentle, non-hyper (relatively speaking) puppy and the kids LOVE her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seen it, but the vids of deployed parents surprising their kids at school or wherever make me weep like the end of Old Yeller.
Oh, it's really good. Adult daughter, in her parents' living room. Dad says how amazing it was to watch her go from his little gilr into a soldier, and how proud he was of her. She's saying: "I just knew I wanted to do more with my life."

When parents can be proud of their kid, despite NOT loving the choice their kid made (like military, cop, other very dangerous work), I just think that's extra sweet.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

11:44 PM. Just submitted my final school thing for the quarter.

SPRING BREAK BABY!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>She's not trying to distance herself. She doesn't seem interested to respond to your rant. My take. Sure sounds like a rant. Accusing, veering off subject from gays to the military, etc.

Toj, ask me if I care what you think. Go lecture your kids while you still have some credibility with them...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
11:44 PM. Just submitted my final school thing for the quarter.

SPRING BREAK BABY!!!!!!
Woo hoo!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I'm watching Lady and the Tramp with the boys and it is making me angry. Poor dogs!

It is so different watching Disney movies as an adult. Perspective, and all that...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>She's not trying to distance herself. She doesn't seem interested to respond to your rant. My take. Sure sounds like a rant. Accusing, veering off subject from gays to the military, etc.

Furthermore, Toj, you had a very very very difficult time reading and comprehending a dear Abby or dear Amy letter where the guy said his gf expects him to do everything around the house, while she does nothing and couldn't get it through you thick skull that the fact that he didn't want to do everything around the house, while his gf did nothing, didn't somehow mean he did nothing and she did everything.

I highly doubt someone who is ^^^^^ that f'ing retarded is equipped with the tools necessary to have discussions about student counsel, much less national politics.

:D

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

girls are up- someone else post the links, gotta run.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
So instead of calling out Obama who as you acknowledge does bait and switch shyte purely for political gain, plays with voters in typical slimeball politician fashion, and who tries to play the game better than his competition, you and others on here are going to criticize some guy who publicly admitted he was wrong on an issue he was very prominent on for all these years and changed his views out of love and understand for someone close to him?
Obama flops on gay marriage and yay for him, he's doing the right thing.

A Republican flops on gay marriage and he's criticized for doing so only because he had a proverbial "gun to his head."

More of Sam's- and other libs- typical hypocrisy.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
girls are up- someone else post the links, gotta run.
Abby (should be for the 16th, PE. You were close, though :)

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TDBOOR1KIV...

Amy (at least you got this one right :)

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T9GOGGC8S2...

Good morning, BTCHES!!

Holy cow, did I have one crazy, freaky night! Some tequila, a bon-fire... we've done things I've NEVER... well, never mind. Happy Saturday!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<drags the step-stool over>

AHEM!!!

Would all y'all please take the political bickering somewhere else??

Thank you, thankyouvurry much.

<climbs down and takes the step stool back to the corner>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Ray Donovan 1,095,164
Amy 8-20 14 min RACE 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,665
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min Jonah1 49,237
Amy 8-19 38 min RACE 10
Abby 8-20 44 min Mister Tonka 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr CitiZen9 3,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info