angela

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Have you heard about this hilarious, awesome obituary?

http://www.bradfordokeefe.com/obituaries/Harr...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!*HE* is the lazy one? He probably hardly even knew her!
No, he knew her well enough. It was a small company. Like I said. She was young and the idea of writing your own letter of recommendation likely did not fit the image she had of someone writing how THEY really felt about you as an employee. I attribute it to naivete.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

angela wrote:
That's priceless

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

one of my cousins works for a large food service comapny that does school lunch services. one of "his" school's lunch ladies took up a collection for him... that is blowing his mind, and boggles mine. I think the thoguht behind it was that they all chipped in for transportation for him to get here for the funeral. these ladies make just a little over minimum wage, so each dollar is precious to htem.

but then, the lunch ladies also took up a collection for him to go to a major concert in antoher city, so we kinda don't get that. maybe on that one they were living vicariously... or driving a couple counties over is "traveling"... <shrug>

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

angela wrote:
wonder who wrote it... the old man, good friend or family member...

love the idea of "never losing a game of competetive sickness", "fashion house Fruit of the Loom," and his elastic waist shorts worn over the navel.

and i thoguht that my grandparents would get irked at how long my gramma's obit was, given that we listed a lot of descendents... only my parents & aunt/uncle were listed by name, the rest of us were lumped in by generation,...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

I'm told by the news reporter that his daughter wrote it.

The more poor you are, the more people who will give money to help pay for the funeral, even if its just a few bucks.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I really do! Started a couple years ago, now I play 3-4 times a week. It's a blast, but I am not a formidable force against most of the people out there. It's a no checking league, but accidents happen.
Not my leg, it's just going to be my whole neck/spine area. Didn't hit my head, so that was good.

"It's a no checking league, but accidents happen" ... yeah like accidentally on purpose! lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

NIck took his (very small) 6yo to hockey practice last weekend. Nick said the coach's first words: "Alex, no checking!" Heh.(He gets away with it b/c he's so tiny.)

Hockey fans: Check out last night's Wild-Ducks game. Souter got a CRAZY on-purpose elbow to the head, out with a concussion, the other guy got a 5 minute major, kicked out of the game, and he'll get a suspension from the league as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Good morning. Just saying "hi."

L8r, sk8rs.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning. Just saying "hi."
L8r, sk8rs.
After 'while, crocodile

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Another wake for a friend's father tomorrow night. This makes 3 in one week. This sh!t can stop for a while.

I need some online distractions today - this is a "just for the next 5 minutes" kind of day. What do you guys have for me?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Another wake for a friend's father tomorrow night. This makes 3 in one week. This sh!t can stop for a while.
I need some online distractions today - this is a "just for the next 5 minutes" kind of day. What do you guys have for me?
This morning I woke up thinking it's Friday. I don't know why this week is draaaaagging.

I think I have a hair stuck to the inside of my sweater and it's tickling my upper stomach.

Last night my friend A and I attempted to go to the World Baseball Classic in Miami but traffic sucked so bad that we gave up and went to the Hard Rock instead. We sat at an outdoor bar and had a couple of appetizers and one drink each (home by 11:30!) and there was a foursome at a table about 20 feet away from us passing a joint like we're in Denver or something. Balls!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

And you did not tell me? Why?
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
This morning I woke up thinking it's Friday. I don't know why this week is draaaaagging.
I think I have a hair stuck to the inside of my sweater and it's tickling my upper stomach.
Last night my friend A and I attempted to go to the World Baseball Classic in Miami but traffic sucked so bad that we gave up and went to the Hard Rock instead. We sat at an outdoor bar and had a couple of appetizers and one drink each (home by 11:30!) and there was a foursome at a table about 20 feet away from us passing a joint like we're in Denver or something. Balls!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
My MIL purchased the girls' easter dresses yesterday. I had in mind the big poofy-skirt kind in some pastel. They came home with what my mother would describe as hooker-inspired dresses (it's so sad that I can hear her saying that in my head). They aren't really *that* bad, but the styling is more grown-up than what I might have chosen.

I think it's the purple leopard print that has me upset. I'm just not seeing that as easter-y, yanno?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I am having trouble adjusting to the spring ahead thing. My body likes to wake up @7 every day, and it does not understand that 7 is now 8.

I am on a soft boiled egg for breakfast kick. Have 1 jumbo egg soft boiled then I cut it up on a slice of toast. Mmmm the semi cooked yolk is delish.

I want to be the hair stuck in JMW's sweater.
Jess in NJ wrote:

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
And you did not tell me? Why?
<quoted text>
Very last-minute, and we were only there for an hour.

If you had Facebook, you would've seen our check-in though!
;)

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

I have no idea what your check-in is, but I am thinking of having my daughter set me up on FB when she comes down.
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Very last-minute, and we were only there for an hour.
If you had Facebook, you would've seen our check-in though!
;)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea what your check-in is, but I am thinking of having my daughter set me up on FB when she comes down.
I think that's a great idea! You can be my friend ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••