Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82254 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
The reason I ask is that I wanted to get a new one, so I went to office depot and sat in every damn chair they had. finally narrowed it down to 2 chairs, both $199. It seemed that all the chairs were marked down, but only 1 of the two I selected was. One had a huge curve in the lumbar area and it was really comfy to sit in (one of those mesh ones). The other was traditional hi back leather. It was designed so that your spine stayed straight while sitting, also very comfy and it was the one marked down.
But I was leaning to the mesh one because it had that definite bump and I figured the mesh would be cooler than the leather. But they would not come down on the price so I walked.
Then I looked online and saw some chairs for over a grand! Thats what prompted me to ask.
We're renovating our office, starting in a couple of weeks, and we're getting all new work stations, chairs, etc. From what I overheard this morning, the mesh chairs are favored because you don't get too warm sitting in them for long periods of time.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82255 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waking up. Realized that no one ran the dishwasher last night. <sigh> So now I'm listening to it at 8:30 in the morning which is just annoying.
Gonna work on my paper that's due Friday. It's written, but it needs to be edited and polished up. Wishing I was unethical enough to pay one of those writing services to just do it for me. Maybe next quarter...I keep saying that. I keep writing my own papers...damn integrity.
Thinking that I might have to spend my break driving to California and picking up my sister before her POS husband gets out of jail in April. As much as I need to get away, I don't want to drive 3000 (round trip) miles all by myself. No, she can't help drive back, she has no license currently. <sigh>
I'm thinking of organizing some kind of relay system. My niece (who just got her car stolen...her husband's car, so they are down to one car driving from San Jose to (near) Bakersfield and picking her up, then a friend in Sacramento can get her from SJ to Sac, then maybe get someone to get her to Oregon...that's where I get stuck.
No one to drive her through Oregon, so I would have to go at least to the OR/CA border area, but that would work I guess, at least I would only have to do 1/2 of WA and then OR and not 1/2 of CA as well. All of this because (for reasons I don't understand) she has no/can't get an ID right now to just get on the damn bus/train. <sigh again>
How's that so far?
What is teh cost of gas for all of you to do this? What is teh cost of a bus ticket? Does that give you any ideas?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82256 Mar 13, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you. It depends on the church, but the one I grew up in got gradually more casual as the neighborhood got a bit poorer, so Easter isn't the pastels, hats, and gloves show that it was when I was a kid. Those would be perfectly fine.
Well I don't go to church...between the Baptists and the Catholics I had way more than enough of that in my life. But...IIRC either one (sometimes both) on Easter/Christmas/any given Sunday was hat, gloves, ankle socks, little hand bag... <shrug>

They'd be lucky to get me in Levi's and flip flops today. Of course if we are talking about TODAY, that is Wednesday, March 13, 2013...they'd get me in jammies. <shrug again>

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82257 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!
Who has bought their own office chair?(for work or home) How much did you pay, and was it worth it?
Herman Miller Aeorline(?) at Costco a number of years ago. I think it was $279. Yes. However at home I use a cane Breuer style chair with arms because I don't want to roll around on hardwood floors. I scavenged it one Junking Sunday and it has cost around $25.00 to have the seat re-caned.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82258 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes total sense and if I had that kind of parking issue, I might go for it. I park right in front of my house, so I don't have far to travel. Still procrastinating by the way. It's 1:15...
Where do you live? You should get Peapod (grocery delivery service) and never leave the house.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82259 Mar 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live? You should get Peapod (grocery delivery service) and never leave the house.:)
Seattle. I could get delivery but I like picking out stuff myself, especially produce (farmer's markets when they're open) and I shop at Trader Joe's a lot and they don't deliver. Besides, if I didn't make myself go out, I wouldn't.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82260 Mar 13, 2013
Aisle Sitter and Squishy-

I sent you messages.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#82261 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!
Who has bought their own office chair?(for work or home) How much did you pay, and was it worth it?
we've bought them for home... if you're a "big or tall" guy, spring for one designed that way. hubby wore out a regular one in about a year or so. i think they're somewhere around $200, from staples, office max or office depot.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#82262 Mar 14, 2013

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82263 Mar 14, 2013
They are talking about Steak and BJ day on the radio and my first thought was of... RACE?!? Don't know why.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82264 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Pi Day.

Don't forget tomorrow is Pat Nixon's birthday

Location hidden

#82265 Mar 14, 2013
Today, Quincy JOnes and Michael Caine turn 80.

Location hidden

#82266 Mar 14, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
They are talking about Steak and BJ day on the radio and my first thought was of... RACE?!? Don't know why.
Doesn't this post belong on FB?

Miami, FL

#82267 Mar 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't this post belong on FB?
If RACE was on Facebook, she could tag him!

Miami, FL

#82268 Mar 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Happy Pi Day.
Don't forget tomorrow is Pat Nixon's birthday
We have pie in our break room this morning in honor of Pi Day.q

Miami, FL

#82269 Mar 14, 2013
Oops, that q was an accident.

Anyway... and tomorrow is the Ides of March!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82270 Mar 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't this post belong on FB?
Oh, definitely not! I would not like to try explaining my imaginary friends to my husband's family ;)

Location hidden

#82271 Mar 14, 2013
Someone brought in St. Patrick's day cupcakes (homemade) and left them in my inbox here at work.

Does that mean all 10 are for me?
RACE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#82272 Mar 14, 2013
Morning all,
My firefox of topis is wonky. the layout is all messed up and I cant get it corrected. None of the links are working either. Everything is on the left hand side. It seems only topix is messed up., This is post if via IE.

Any ideas on how to get me back?

Miami, FL

#82273 Mar 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Someone brought in St. Patrick's day cupcakes (homemade) and left them in my inbox here at work.
Does that mean all 10 are for me?
I'll take one. All I had for dinner last night was a hard boiled egg and I'm starving.

In other news, I walked home from work last night (I work on an island and one of the bridges was closed and traffic sucked). It only took 20 minutes to walk and it usually takes me between 10 and 15 to drive. Moving was SO worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min No Surprize 1,536,720
Vets phony PTSd 42 min geralimo 3
Kushner mixed business with pleasure 52 min Swaggeras Ivanka 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr TRUMP the MESSENJAH 63,627
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 10,718
Patch media is racist and bias 7 hr Billy 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages