“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82215 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
I am thinking of having my daughter set me up on FB when she comes down.
<quoted text>
DO IT! C'mon be one of the cool kids.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82216 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
I have no idea what your check-in is, but I am thinking of having my daughter set me up on FB when she comes down.
<quoted text>
HAH! You're not an old fart cause you're not on facebook. You're an old fart cause you need your daughter to set it up for you.

Have her set the clock on the VCR while she's there so it stops flashing 12:00.

:)

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82217 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waking up. Realized that no one ran the dishwasher last night. <sigh> So now I'm listening to it at 8:30 in the morning which is just annoying.
White people problems:)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82218 Mar 13, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
White people problems:)
Right? Guess it works out then, me being white and all. ;-) <shrug>

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82219 Mar 13, 2013
E just got back from preschool and is talking about the leprechaun that visited his class and made a mess. He is planning leprechaun traps to make when Ry gets home. Did any of you do that when you were younger?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82220 Mar 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>My MIL purchased the girls' easter dresses yesterday. I had in mind the big poofy-skirt kind in some pastel. They came home with what my mother would describe as hooker-inspired dresses (it's so sad that I can hear her saying that in my head). They aren't really *that* bad, but the styling is more grown-up than what I might have chosen.

I think it's the purple leopard print that has me upset. I'm just not seeing that as easter-y, yanno?
I shouldn't laugh, but I totally appreciate the visual. You are a very nice person to let your MIL take the girls shopping or holiday clothes without you.

As long as the dresses are more Hannah Montana than Jerseylicious, just think of it as a story you can tell in the future :)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#82221 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>Just waking up. Realized that no one ran the dishwasher last night. <sigh> So now I'm listening to it at 8:30 in the morning which is just annoying.

Gonna work on my paper that's due Friday. It's written, but it needs to be edited and polished up. Wishing I was unethical enough to pay one of those writing services to just do it for me. Maybe next quarter...I keep saying that. I keep writing my own papers...damn integrity.

Thinking that I might have to spend my break driving to California and picking up my sister before her POS husband gets out of jail in April. As much as I need to get away, I don't want to drive 3000 (round trip) miles all by myself. No, she can't help drive back, she has no license currently. <sigh>

I'm thinking of organizing some kind of relay system. My niece (who just got her car stolen...her husband's car, so they are down to one car driving from San Jose to (near) Bakersfield and picking her up, then a friend in Sacramento can get her from SJ to Sac, then maybe get someone to get her to Oregon...that's where I get stuck.

No one to drive her through Oregon, so I would have to go at least to the OR/CA border area, but that would work I guess, at least I would only have to do 1/2 of WA and then OR and not 1/2 of CA as well. All of this because (for reasons I don't understand) she has no/can't get an ID right now to just get on the damn bus/train. <sigh again>

How's that so far?
You guys are awesome

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#82222 Mar 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
E just got back from preschool and is talking about the leprechaun that visited his class and made a mess. He is planning leprechaun traps to make when Ry gets home. Did any of you do that when you were younger?
I don't recall doing anything like this, but Lulu has set many a booby trap. To trap whom, I'm not really sure. I think it's more about the plan and contraption to be built rather than the actual capturing of something.

Has he shared the details of the trap with you?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#82223 Mar 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I shouldn't laugh, but I totally appreciate the visual. You are a very nice person to let your MIL take the girls shopping or holiday clothes without you.
As long as the dresses are more Hannah Montana than Jerseylicious, just think of it as a story you can tell in the future :)
Well, she was buying. And my mom's still in AZ until well after Easter, so the one person who might have said something (to them even!) will not be around. Everyone else will think they look great.

This is Lulu's dress. The pic does not accurately reflect the amount of sparkles however.
http://www.carsons.com/shop/kids/girls-sizes-...

And this is the style of Nunu's dress, but imagine it in the same print as Lulu's.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82224 Mar 13, 2013
Ha! I gave up on the vcr, not even plugged in anymore!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>HAH! You're not an old fart cause you're not on facebook. You're an old fart cause you need your daughter to set it up for you.
Have her set the clock on the VCR while she's there so it stops flashing 12:00.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82225 Mar 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling, are we?
I'm glad you asked! Date went well. Well into Monday morning actually! We only had to cut it short cause I had to go to work!
She's a friend I've known since high school. She's the one who lost both parents to cancer, and her brother to a drug overdose last year. I think I finally asked her out because I felt sorry for all she's been through. I know that's not the best reason to start a relationship, but what can I say?
She admitted she's had a crush on me since high school. Tying to understand why it took 20 yrs to finally get together.
I understand the risk in getting romantically involved with a friend, but I'm not gonna worry about all that this early in the game.
Let's take a poll on an issue that's already come up: she wants to rename my python (my actual ball python, get your mind out of the gutter) to "Sunshine," (his name is "Snuggles.") What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are you should hyphenate it.

Dog, this woman is fragile. Sounds like she's had a lot of loss in the last couple of years. Be careful with her.

Having a date last that long, isn't going slow nor being careful. Tread softly. Glad you had fun, though.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#82226 Mar 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Another wake for a friend's father tomorrow night. This makes 3 in one week. This sh!t can stop for a while.
I need some online distractions today - this is a "just for the next 5 minutes" kind of day. What do you guys have for me?
Well you know what they say about these things coming in threes. Not sure why, though.

Sorry you have such a very sad week.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82227 Mar 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
Having a date last that long, isn't going slow nor being careful. Tread softly. Glad you had fun, though.
It took us 20 years to get to this point, how much slower can we go?!

But yeah, I understand what you're saying and we're treading lightly.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#82228 Mar 13, 2013
angela wrote:
Have you heard about this hilarious, awesome obituary?
http://www.bradfordokeefe.com/obituaries/Harr...
I love that. I think it should almost be a requirement to have an obituary written with that kind of detail. It really gives you a sense that you had a peek into this man's life.

He sounds like a "card" (to use an old phrase).

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82229 Mar 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
NO. And I grew up believing in leprechauns.

Where I'm from, the Irish don't need to wear green on St. Pat's day -- wearing green is to protect you from the pinch of the leprechaun, and the Irish don't need that protection, so it was all the NONirish kids who wore green.

Location hidden

#82230 Mar 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My MIL purchased the girls' easter dresses yesterday. I had in mind the big poofy-skirt kind in some pastel. They came home with what my mother would describe as hooker-inspired dresses (it's so sad that I can hear her saying that in my head). They aren't really *that* bad, but the styling is more grown-up than what I might have chosen.
I think it's the purple leopard print that has me upset. I'm just not seeing that as easter-y, yanno?
ITA.

And with your wonderful MIL, you probably feel like you should just accept it. And I agree with that.

BUt maybe next year, talk with her in February about it? I dunno. But I like your MIL despite this bad decision of hers. ;)

Location hidden

#82231 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waking up. Realized that no one ran the dishwasher last night. <sigh> So now I'm listening to it at 8:30 in the morning which is just annoying.
Gonna work on my paper that's due Friday. It's written, but it needs to be edited and polished up. Wishing I was unethical enough to pay one of those writing services to just do it for me. Maybe next quarter...I keep saying that. I keep writing my own papers...damn integrity.
Thinking that I might have to spend my break driving to California and picking up my sister before her POS husband gets out of jail in April. As much as I need to get away, I don't want to drive 3000 (round trip) miles all by myself. No, she can't help drive back, she has no license currently. <sigh>
I'm thinking of organizing some kind of relay system. My niece (who just got her car stolen...her husband's car, so they are down to one car driving from San Jose to (near) Bakersfield and picking her up, then a friend in Sacramento can get her from SJ to Sac, then maybe get someone to get her to Oregon...that's where I get stuck.
No one to drive her through Oregon, so I would have to go at least to the OR/CA border area, but that would work I guess, at least I would only have to do 1/2 of WA and then OR and not 1/2 of CA as well. All of this because (for reasons I don't understand) she has no/can't get an ID right now to just get on the damn bus/train. <sigh again>
How's that so far?
It sounds very similar to pet rescue organizations that use several people across the country to get a dog from Virginia to Oregon.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82232 Mar 13, 2013
or the underground RR
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds very similar to pet rescue organizations that use several people across the country to get a dog from Virginia to Oregon.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82233 Mar 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she was buying. And my mom's still in AZ until well after Easter, so the one person who might have said something (to them even!) will not be around. Everyone else will think they look great.
This is Lulu's dress. The pic does not accurately reflect the amount of sparkles however.
And this is the style of Nunu's dress, but imagine it in the same print as Lulu's.
I don't think either one of them is bad. Maybe better for slightly older girls (10-12-ish) but I think they're adorable.

Location hidden

#82234 Mar 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
First dress: Eh, yeah, kind of "adult." And the colors/pattern don't seem what I'd think of for an Easter dress for a young girl.

Second dress: Seems rather inappropriate for church on Easter!

But they're not so bad that you can't put them in the dresses. BUt i don't like either of them, although I'm sure your little girls will look adorable!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Earthling-1 52,730
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 52 min Cold Front 69,619
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 187,009
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RealDave 1,217,536
obama our next president 6 hr bale wayne 3
News Animal brothels prevalent in Chicago? 8 hr News Junkie 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 12 hr J T L U K 19
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]