Topix Chitown Regulars

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#82238 Mar 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
First dress: Eh, yeah, kind of "adult." And the colors/pattern don't seem what I'd think of for an Easter dress for a young girl.
Second dress: Seems rather inappropriate for church on Easter!
But they're not so bad that you can't put them in the dresses. BUt i don't like either of them, although I'm sure your little girls will look adorable!
The pattern is my main beef; not Easter-y at all.

Nunu has a version of her dress in different colors and I'm pretty sure she's worn it to church before.

Eh, what can I do? The tags are already off.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#82239 Mar 13, 2013
Get one of those folding grocery carts with wheels!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Angela and RACE...LOL it does sound like both of those things doesn't it? The sad part is I can correlate both situations to her life...been treated like a dog and a slave and needs to get somewhere safe before she gets killed.
I'm not even joking about any of that, hence the reason I'm even considering that drive. I don't enjoy driving. I've been procrastinating going to the grocery store all morning. It's 3 minutes away. If I didn't have SO much needing to be carried, it would actually be easier to walk. I just don't like to drive, especially the equivalent of across the country.

“Where is Tonka?”

#82240 Mar 13, 2013
Question!

Who has bought their own office chair?(for work or home) How much did you pay, and was it worth it?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82241 Mar 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The pattern is my main beef; not Easter-y at all.
Nunu has a version of her dress in different colors and I'm pretty sure she's worn it to church before.
Eh, what can I do? The tags are already off.
Good attitdue!

Location hidden

#82242 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!
Who has bought their own office chair?(for work or home) How much did you pay, and was it worth it?
One of the partners here bought his own chair. I'm sure he spent at least several hundred and he says it's worth it. Just like a good quality bed is worth it, considering you're in it for 1/3 or so of each day.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82243 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
The "old lady carts?" Nah... I'll just procrastinate.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82244 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!
In 1997, I paid $100 and got a chair just like the one I had at work. Still have it. Still like it.
Similar to this one.

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/cha...

Miami, FL

#82245 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one! It's the only option to get stuff from my car to my place without making multiple annoying trips from the parking garage, to the elevator, down the hall, etc.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82246 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think either one of them is bad. Maybe better for slightly older girls (10-12-ish) but I think they're adorable.
I'm with you. It depends on the church, but the one I grew up in got gradually more casual as the neighborhood got a bit poorer, so Easter isn't the pastels, hats, and gloves show that it was when I was a kid. Those would be perfectly fine.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Memphis, TN

#82247 Mar 13, 2013
And the new Pope is..........Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina. I got glasses, and the pictures I have seen poit to him being over 5'9".

I really don't get the point of electing someone who is 76 years old.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82248 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!

I bought J a nice one for Christmas 2011. Was on sale for $150, I think. He sits in it all day, every day, so yeah. Worth it.

Location hidden

#82249 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm seriously thinking about getting one, just because a big day of errands (petco, target, groceries)= way too many trips between car (on street) and apartment.

“Where is Tonka?”

#82250 Mar 13, 2013
Ha!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>

“Where is Tonka?”

#82251 Mar 13, 2013
The reason I ask is that I wanted to get a new one, so I went to office depot and sat in every damn chair they had. finally narrowed it down to 2 chairs, both $199. It seemed that all the chairs were marked down, but only 1 of the two I selected was. One had a huge curve in the lumbar area and it was really comfy to sit in (one of those mesh ones). The other was traditional hi back leather. It was designed so that your spine stayed straight while sitting, also very comfy and it was the one marked down.

But I was leaning to the mesh one because it had that definite bump and I figured the mesh would be cooler than the leather. But they would not come down on the price so I walked.

Then I looked online and saw some chairs for over a grand! Thats what prompted me to ask.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82253 Mar 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one! It's the only option to get stuff from my car to my place without making multiple annoying trips from the parking garage, to the elevator, down the hall, etc.
That makes total sense and if I had that kind of parking issue, I might go for it. I park right in front of my house, so I don't have far to travel. Still procrastinating by the way. It's 1:15...

Location hidden

#82254 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
The reason I ask is that I wanted to get a new one, so I went to office depot and sat in every damn chair they had. finally narrowed it down to 2 chairs, both $199. It seemed that all the chairs were marked down, but only 1 of the two I selected was. One had a huge curve in the lumbar area and it was really comfy to sit in (one of those mesh ones). The other was traditional hi back leather. It was designed so that your spine stayed straight while sitting, also very comfy and it was the one marked down.
But I was leaning to the mesh one because it had that definite bump and I figured the mesh would be cooler than the leather. But they would not come down on the price so I walked.
Then I looked online and saw some chairs for over a grand! Thats what prompted me to ask.
We're renovating our office, starting in a couple of weeks, and we're getting all new work stations, chairs, etc. From what I overheard this morning, the mesh chairs are favored because you don't get too warm sitting in them for long periods of time.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82255 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Just waking up. Realized that no one ran the dishwasher last night. <sigh> So now I'm listening to it at 8:30 in the morning which is just annoying.
Gonna work on my paper that's due Friday. It's written, but it needs to be edited and polished up. Wishing I was unethical enough to pay one of those writing services to just do it for me. Maybe next quarter...I keep saying that. I keep writing my own papers...damn integrity.
Thinking that I might have to spend my break driving to California and picking up my sister before her POS husband gets out of jail in April. As much as I need to get away, I don't want to drive 3000 (round trip) miles all by myself. No, she can't help drive back, she has no license currently. <sigh>
I'm thinking of organizing some kind of relay system. My niece (who just got her car stolen...her husband's car, so they are down to one car driving from San Jose to (near) Bakersfield and picking her up, then a friend in Sacramento can get her from SJ to Sac, then maybe get someone to get her to Oregon...that's where I get stuck.
No one to drive her through Oregon, so I would have to go at least to the OR/CA border area, but that would work I guess, at least I would only have to do 1/2 of WA and then OR and not 1/2 of CA as well. All of this because (for reasons I don't understand) she has no/can't get an ID right now to just get on the damn bus/train. <sigh again>
How's that so far?
What is teh cost of gas for all of you to do this? What is teh cost of a bus ticket? Does that give you any ideas?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82256 Mar 13, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you. It depends on the church, but the one I grew up in got gradually more casual as the neighborhood got a bit poorer, so Easter isn't the pastels, hats, and gloves show that it was when I was a kid. Those would be perfectly fine.
Well I don't go to church...between the Baptists and the Catholics I had way more than enough of that in my life. But...IIRC either one (sometimes both) on Easter/Christmas/any given Sunday was hat, gloves, ankle socks, little hand bag... <shrug>

They'd be lucky to get me in Levi's and flip flops today. Of course if we are talking about TODAY, that is Wednesday, March 13, 2013...they'd get me in jammies. <shrug again>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82257 Mar 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
Question!
Herman Miller Aeorline(?) at Costco a number of years ago. I think it was $279. Yes. However at home I use a cane Breuer style chair with arms because I don't want to roll around on hardwood floors. I scavenged it one Junking Sunday and it has cost around $25.00 to have the seat re-caned.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82258 Mar 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes total sense and if I had that kind of parking issue, I might go for it. I park right in front of my house, so I don't have far to travel. Still procrastinating by the way. It's 1:15...
Where do you live? You should get Peapod (grocery delivery service) and never leave the house.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,603,884
Dum black cops 19 min Frankie 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Regime change 63,984
National FELON League 1 hr Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 1 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 2 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33
Coffee with Jesus. 2 hr Pissed Poster 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages