Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82113 Mar 12, 2013
Tricia McMillen

Chicago, IL

#82115 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks Dog.

Did you have a good time Saturday night? Is she 2nd date material?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82116 Mar 12, 2013
Hey Mimi, Toj, and PEllen: This morning's "Random Vinyl" was "Brand new key" by Melanie. Super fun to hear at 6:30 a.m.!
Tricia McMillen

Chicago, IL

#82117 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey Mimi, Toj, and PEllen: This morning's "Random Vinyl" was "Brand new key" by Melanie. Super fun to hear at 6:30 a.m.!
Wasn't that also used in Boogie Nights for Roller Girl's "act"?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82118 Mar 12, 2013
Tricia McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Dog.
Oops. that's me.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82119 Mar 12, 2013
Tricia McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that also used in Boogie Nights for Roller Girl's "act"?
Yes.(I looked upthe IMDb list of the soundtrack- they used soem good ones there.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82120 Mar 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.(I looked upthe IMDb list of the soundtrack- they used soem good ones there.
Loved the soundtrack from that movie.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82121 Mar 12, 2013
Tricia McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Dog.
Trolling, are we?
:)

I'm glad you asked! Date went well. Well into Monday morning actually! We only had to cut it short cause I had to go to work!

She's a friend I've known since high school. She's the one who lost both parents to cancer, and her brother to a drug overdose last year. I think I finally asked her out because I felt sorry for all she's been through. I know that's not the best reason to start a relationship, but what can I say?

She admitted she's had a crush on me since high school. Tying to understand why it took 20 yrs to finally get together.

I understand the risk in getting romantically involved with a friend, but I'm not gonna worry about all that this early in the game.

Let's take a poll on an issue that's already come up: she wants to rename my python (my actual ball python, get your mind out of the gutter) to "Sunshine," (his name is "Snuggles.") What are your thoughts?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82122 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey! I'm old enough to remember that song too.

And will now be humming it all day...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82123 Mar 12, 2013
I'm stuck in a class until Friday. Entertain me.

I hit the ice hard this morning. I basically bounced off this guy. I went one way, my stick went the other, he didn't move. I am going to be in pain later on today.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82124 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling, are we?
:)
I'm glad you asked! Date went well. Well into Monday morning actually! We only had to cut it short cause I had to go to work!
She's a friend I've known since high school. She's the one who lost both parents to cancer, and her brother to a drug overdose last year. I think I finally asked her out because I felt sorry for all she's been through. I know that's not the best reason to start a relationship, but what can I say?
She admitted she's had a crush on me since high school. Tying to understand why it took 20 yrs to finally get together.
I understand the risk in getting romantically involved with a friend, but I'm not gonna worry about all that this early in the game.
Let's take a poll on an issue that's already come up: she wants to rename my python (my actual ball python, get your mind out of the gutter) to "Sunshine," (his name is "Snuggles.") What are your thoughts?
So, you've been dating a couple days and she wants to re-name a pet? How long have you had Snuggles?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82125 Mar 12, 2013
The words python and crush in the same answer worry me (;-).

Have you two known each other as friends recently? If not, its too soon to rename a pet.

P.S. Yesterday was Douglas Adams birthday. It was teh subject of teh Google doodle. Tricia McMillen is teh female character in the Hitchhiker series.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82126 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you've been dating a couple days and she wants to re-name a pet? How long have you had Snuggles?
I at first thought, "Who the hell names their snake 'snuggles'?" Then remembered it's a python and thought the name is awesome!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82127 Mar 12, 2013
I think your compensating...
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82128 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I at first thought, "Who the hell names their snake 'snuggles'?" Then remembered it's a python and thought the name is awesome!
Yeah, it's funny. And better than 'Sunshine'.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82129 Mar 12, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with that. I think that couples should be entering marriage with the tools to strengthen their relationship (like those provided in pre Cana or pre-marital counseling), not the tools to dissolve the union if it doesn't work.
To elaborate on my late night post, a big component of marriage is a business contract. You are joining two prior independent entities. Even with the greatest business plan in the world, it would be unwise to start a business partnership without spelling out contingencies should one party want out. I don't think anyone would consider that to be a bad thing. It is the smart thing to do. So why should one not consider that possibility when entering a marriage, especially when so many fail? Most divorces happen to people who "knew" they would be together forever. The best of intentions did not prevent their divorce. It is a possibility that should be taken into consideration when entering into the marriage agreement.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82130 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Snuggles is an excellent name!

Good luck with the girl.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82131 Mar 12, 2013
Sunshine is a stupid name. My old mutt used to be named "Sunny", that got changed first thing.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's funny. And better than 'Sunshine'.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#82132 Mar 12, 2013
So she wants to change the name FROM Snuggles TO Sunshine? Nah... keep it Snuggles. And tell her that the first date is way too soon to be renaming pets.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82133 Mar 12, 2013
Cool. Somebody in my class has a nose whistle going on. Not remotely annoying, no sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min usanew 1,100,247
Win a Free McDonalds Gift Card 6 min Gift Card Expert 1
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 7 min Union Corrupt 7,561
Abby 8-30 18 min edogxxx 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,399
Amy 8-30 27 min edogxxx 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min gcaveman1 46,321
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago