“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82128 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I at first thought, "Who the hell names their snake 'snuggles'?" Then remembered it's a python and thought the name is awesome!
Yeah, it's funny. And better than 'Sunshine'.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82129 Mar 12, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with that. I think that couples should be entering marriage with the tools to strengthen their relationship (like those provided in pre Cana or pre-marital counseling), not the tools to dissolve the union if it doesn't work.
To elaborate on my late night post, a big component of marriage is a business contract. You are joining two prior independent entities. Even with the greatest business plan in the world, it would be unwise to start a business partnership without spelling out contingencies should one party want out. I don't think anyone would consider that to be a bad thing. It is the smart thing to do. So why should one not consider that possibility when entering a marriage, especially when so many fail? Most divorces happen to people who "knew" they would be together forever. The best of intentions did not prevent their divorce. It is a possibility that should be taken into consideration when entering into the marriage agreement.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#82130 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Let's take a poll on an issue that's already come up: she wants to rename my python (my actual ball python, get your mind out of the gutter) to "Sunshine," (his name is "Snuggles.") What are your thoughts?
Snuggles is an excellent name!

Good luck with the girl.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82131 Mar 12, 2013
Sunshine is a stupid name. My old mutt used to be named "Sunny", that got changed first thing.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's funny. And better than 'Sunshine'.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#82132 Mar 12, 2013
So she wants to change the name FROM Snuggles TO Sunshine? Nah... keep it Snuggles. And tell her that the first date is way too soon to be renaming pets.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82133 Mar 12, 2013
Cool. Somebody in my class has a nose whistle going on. Not remotely annoying, no sir.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82134 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey Mimi, Toj, and PEllen: This morning's "Random Vinyl" was "Brand new key" by Melanie. Super fun to hear at 6:30 a.m.!
I was listening to that last night.:D

The other day I had a particular Lynyrd Skynyrd song going through my head all day and when I started the car it started playing on the radio. Coincidence? I think...probably yeah...I mean like some kind of mystic force was gonna play that song just for me? Pfffttt

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82135 Mar 12, 2013
I was just asking your opinions on which name you liked better. Looks like the "Snuggles" have it. I'll tell her she can name my "other" python Sunshine
:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82136 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
I was just asking your opinions on which name you liked better. Looks like the "Snuggles" have it. I'll tell her she can name my "other" python Sunshine
(Huggies has been taken, I know)

Better watch out if the lady wants to be your main sqeeze.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82137 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
You mean 'garter snake'?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82138 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean 'garter snake'?
Probably more like an earth worm
:(

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82139 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably more like an earth worm
:(
Or Hose of Horror.(borrowed from John Belushi quote)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82140 Mar 12, 2013
OMG, this is hilarious:

http://cheezburger.com/48449537

Russian bus driver has a dashboard cam and rams into cars that cut in front of him (and they are cutting it really close, so I'm on his side).

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#82141 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I'm stuck in a class until Friday. Entertain me.
I hit the ice hard this morning. I basically bounced off this guy. I went one way, my stick went the other, he didn't move. I am going to be in pain later on today.
You're serious? I thought you were pulling my leg about playing hockey lol, sorry!

I hope your leg is okay!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82142 Mar 12, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You're serious? I thought you were pulling my leg about playing hockey lol, sorry!
I hope your leg is okay!
Yeah, I really do! Started a couple years ago, now I play 3-4 times a week. It's a blast, but I am not a formidable force against most of the people out there. It's a no checking league, but accidents happen.

Not my leg, it's just going to be my whole neck/spine area. Didn't hit my head, so that was good.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82143 Mar 12, 2013
http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/03/11/1...

I must be oozing inner beauty out of my freakin' unclogged pores because I do this 365 days a year.

Location hidden

#82144 Mar 12, 2013
I've toyed with doing roller derby, and then this morning the woman DJ said she tried it and broke her leg in three places. Ouch.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82145 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMG, this is hilarious:
http://cheezburger.com/48449537
Russian bus driver has a dashboard cam and rams into cars that cut in front of him (and they are cutting it really close, so I'm on his side).
That is awesome.

Location hidden

#82146 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://todaynews.today.com/_ne ws/2013/03/11/17237373-student s-go-without-makeup-for-a-day- at-texas-high-school#comments
I must be oozing inner beauty out of my freakin' unclogged pores because I do this 365 days a year.
I am liking the comments:

It makes me giggle a bit inside to see pictures of high school girls not wearing makeup for ONE DAY and posing with all these signs about inner beauty and then putting on the makeup the next day and going to class.

Inner beauty! Celebrate it 1/360th of the year!

Location hidden

#82147 Mar 12, 2013
Or this comment:

Great way to raise awareness for the cures for…

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for the homle….

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for the hungr…

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for eliminating domsestic…

Wait…

What is this for? A day not to wear make-up for 1-day? Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a business partner. 5 min real american 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,141,399
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min loose cannon 180,605
quit quoting from bible 10 min hands on AR 1
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 46 min hands on AR 42
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 55 min hands on AR 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,235
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says