Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't normally speak up when someone's givin it to the dog, I just enjoy the show, but are you really gonna make a joke about gays and athletes and act all surprised when someone does not get it, then get all stats'y when dog makes joke about hockey? Really?
I looked up your Harris poll on favorite sport.
36% Pro football
13% baseball
13% college football
8% Auto Racing
5% Pro basketball
5% college basketball
5% hockey
Really? You're getting all offended over a hockey joke and gonna hang your hat on 5%?
And 500,000 playing hockey? Compare that to 17.5 million playing football(not including college and the pros). Lighten up.
How about you lighten up, Chief? Who ever said I was "all offended?" To be offended I would have to care, and it would have to be something more meaningful than Mutt's opinion on the popularity of hockey. I was bustin' his chops and just pointing out another of his stupid statements.

If you really want to get into it, then I have to note that I like how you ignored the other information I provided and want to focus on 5%. That 5% is still the same as both pro and college basketball. And I believe basketball was invented, where? Oh, that's right, here. And hockey is just as popular. BTW, since you apparently don't get satire, my getting all statsy was making fun of Mutt's continued baseless statements and his continued hollow cries of "source please."

You're just itchin' for a fight, arent' ya'?

As far as the gay joke is concerned, even Race got it (and acknowledged getting it), and he hates my guts. If you've been paying attention to my past statements about gays, you'd know where I stand. I'm quite comfortable with my record in tha regard. On executing ship captains for gross negligence, eh, but on gays I am completely comfortable.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Which, speaking of... J and I had a rational discussion about SIL and her fiance coming home this weekend. I'm pushing for not the *whole* weekend and we sit down and have a chat about developing her interpersonal skills.

They've not spent a weekend on campus in 5 weeks at this point. I think that's redonk. Our house, then his parent's house for spring break (2 weekends) then our house again this coming weekend.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Is everyone ready for the conclave to begin? There are actually some guys in the office who are gambling on it just to keep it interesting. I think they are betting on which country, how many ballots, glasses/no glasses, gray hair/no gray hair and over/under 5'9". I put $5 each on Spain, 7, glasses, no gray and over.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Is everyone ready for the conclave to begin? There are actually some guys in the office who are gambling on it just to keep it interesting. I think they are betting on which country, how many ballots, glasses/no glasses, gray hair/no gray hair and over/under 5'9". I put $5 each on Spain, 7, glasses, no gray and over.
Is there a version of super bowl squares for this? ;-)

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Hey, Ricky! I come here to vent about my crazy-ass in-laws. I hide with Jamwow when people get mean on here.
I have a husband, 2 dogs, I'm a computer nerd, and I play hockey.
Yeah that's the exact impression I got of you from the very first post I read from you lol

I like hockey too, do you get many ally oops?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

I have that damn "THrift shop" song stuck in my head.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
and I play hockey.
Dam Canadian...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Who ever said I was "all offended?"
The tone of your letter seemed pretty offended to me. As if joking about hockey was a slap to YOUR face.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I was bustin' his chops and just pointing out another of his stupid statements.
It really wasn't any more of a 'statement' than your gay joke. It was a joke. The fact that you had to deconstruct it and bust out the popularity stats tells me you failed to see it as such. Most people just chuckle a bit when they read a joke.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
You're just itchin' for a fight, arent' ya'?
Less so than you were in your response to the dog.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
As far as the gay joke is concerned, even Race got it (and acknowledged getting it), and he hates my guts. If you've been paying attention to my past statements about gays, you'd know where I stand. I'm quite comfortable with my record in tha regard.
If you were paying attention, you'd note that I also got that it was a joke and defended it as such, much the same way that I am with the dog and his hockey joke.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Be sure to check out google today!
I did, a little bit. Are you talking about the google.com first page for searches?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, a little bit. Are you talking about the google.com first page for searches?
Yeah, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
42 Pelly aka Tricia McMillen

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Do THAT many people care who the next pope is that it's plastered all over the news everyday?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
Do THAT many people care who the next pope is that it's plastered all over the news everyday?
Except for the SNAP people, probably not, but otherwise its a slow news time unless you are worried about North Korea

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
Might be the sources you follow. My start page yahoo and they have a main module that has something like 48 rotating stories. Can't say that I've noticed an abundance of pope stories showing up.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the SNAP people, probably not, but otherwise its a slow news time unless you are worried about North Korea
What are SNAP people?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

My start page is google. I would make it topix, but then I would have to admit I have a problem.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Might be the sources you follow. My start page yahoo and they have a main module that has something like 48 rotating stories. Can't say that I've noticed an abundance of pope stories showing up.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
My start page is google. I would make it topix, but then I would have to admit I have a problem.
<quoted text>
LOL me too.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always out on a corner trying to turn new people into Topix users to help support my long time habit lol

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What are SNAP people?
Survivors Network Abusive Priests- the support group/spokespersons for the people who were sexually abused by Catholic priests.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,981 - 81,000 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

120 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Waxman 1,072,171
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min SpaceBlues 45,478
Abby 7-11 18 min edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,158
Amy 7-11 1 hr Mister Tonka 13
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE