“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82135 Mar 12, 2013
I was just asking your opinions on which name you liked better. Looks like the "Snuggles" have it. I'll tell her she can name my "other" python Sunshine
:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82136 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
I was just asking your opinions on which name you liked better. Looks like the "Snuggles" have it. I'll tell her she can name my "other" python Sunshine
(Huggies has been taken, I know)

Better watch out if the lady wants to be your main sqeeze.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#82137 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
You mean 'garter snake'?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#82138 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean 'garter snake'?
Probably more like an earth worm
:(

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82139 Mar 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably more like an earth worm
:(
Or Hose of Horror.(borrowed from John Belushi quote)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82140 Mar 12, 2013
OMG, this is hilarious:

http://cheezburger.com/48449537

Russian bus driver has a dashboard cam and rams into cars that cut in front of him (and they are cutting it really close, so I'm on his side).

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#82141 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I'm stuck in a class until Friday. Entertain me.
I hit the ice hard this morning. I basically bounced off this guy. I went one way, my stick went the other, he didn't move. I am going to be in pain later on today.
You're serious? I thought you were pulling my leg about playing hockey lol, sorry!

I hope your leg is okay!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82142 Mar 12, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>You're serious? I thought you were pulling my leg about playing hockey lol, sorry!
I hope your leg is okay!
Yeah, I really do! Started a couple years ago, now I play 3-4 times a week. It's a blast, but I am not a formidable force against most of the people out there. It's a no checking league, but accidents happen.

Not my leg, it's just going to be my whole neck/spine area. Didn't hit my head, so that was good.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82143 Mar 12, 2013
http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/03/11/1...

I must be oozing inner beauty out of my freakin' unclogged pores because I do this 365 days a year.

Location hidden

#82144 Mar 12, 2013
I've toyed with doing roller derby, and then this morning the woman DJ said she tried it and broke her leg in three places. Ouch.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#82145 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMG, this is hilarious:
http://cheezburger.com/48449537
Russian bus driver has a dashboard cam and rams into cars that cut in front of him (and they are cutting it really close, so I'm on his side).
That is awesome.

Location hidden

#82146 Mar 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://todaynews.today.com/_ne ws/2013/03/11/17237373-student s-go-without-makeup-for-a-day- at-texas-high-school#comments
I must be oozing inner beauty out of my freakin' unclogged pores because I do this 365 days a year.
I am liking the comments:

It makes me giggle a bit inside to see pictures of high school girls not wearing makeup for ONE DAY and posing with all these signs about inner beauty and then putting on the makeup the next day and going to class.

Inner beauty! Celebrate it 1/360th of the year!

Location hidden

#82147 Mar 12, 2013
Or this comment:

Great way to raise awareness for the cures for…

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for the homle….

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for the hungr…

Wait…

Great way to raise awareness for eliminating domsestic…

Wait…

What is this for? A day not to wear make-up for 1-day? Really?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82148 Mar 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I've toyed with doing roller derby, and then this morning the woman DJ said she tried it and broke her leg in three places. Ouch.
I thought about doing that, too. We have a local team and they're always fundraising at the farmer's market or hockey games. Would NOT like to fall on my ass with no pads on.:-/

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82149 Mar 12, 2013
Discussion with some of my hockey girls:

"We really need a women's line of hockey equipment."

"Yeah, the pants never fit quite right, nor do the shoulder pads."

Then K chimes in with "Yeah, and the helmets shouldn't smudge your makeup." *crickets, then laughter*

"You're the only one wearing makeup, K." I thought she wore a lot of makeup to play, but then I hung out with her outside of hockey. She just wears a base layer for hockey.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82150 Mar 12, 2013
I love it. I sent out a liked in request for recommendations(for those not on linked in, its where your professional contacts can write up a little testimonial to your greatness which is then visible to all who view your profile). One former co-worker emailed me back. Gave me his linkedin user id and password. Told me to write whatever I wanted.

Location hidden

#82151 Mar 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I love it. I sent out a liked in request for recommendations(for those not on linked in, its where your professional contacts can write up a little testimonial to your greatness which is then visible to all who view your profile). One former co-worker emailed me back. Gave me his linkedin user id and password. Told me to write whatever I wanted.
Your former coworker rocks.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82152 Mar 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Way back in the day before internet, etc. I was leaving a job and wanted a reference from my boss, who I was also friends with. She told me to write it up for her. So another friend and I went to a bar and composed a very good one. The more vodka, the better I sounded.

So, do yourself proud.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#82153 Mar 12, 2013
Ohhhh, yeah. There's the upper back/neck pain. 2.5 hours left in this class and all I want to do is lie (lay?) flat on my back.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82154 Mar 12, 2013
I promise I have other things to discuss than funerals, but I have to ask. Where y'all live, is it customary to give money to the family of the deceased money at or around the time of the funeral? I guess I understand why this would have been done in the past (before insurance was widely available) or if the community knows that the widow is left in great hardship, but I just don't get it sometimes.

My MIL received around $1300 in cards and envelopes at the wake, PLUS flowers, food baskets, etc. My FIL had life insurance and they have no dependents.

She is going to spend it all (plus some of her own $) on a memorial plaque with his name on it at the back of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,217,487
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Guru 186,996
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Mothra 52,728
obama our next president 53 min bale wayne 3
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,617
News Animal brothels prevalent in Chicago? 2 hr News Junkie 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 6 hr J T L U K 19
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]