Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Oh, Toj, I don't even have any morei nformation to share. He sent two long emails, one with the photo, and I didn't read anything. I closed them right away. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I decided to make a real effort to jsut let go of who I think he is and be open to wahtever has to say, stop trying to predict it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Hey, Chicago folks, how about your Blackhawks? Our local radio Djs and sports guys are as impressed as hell. Congrats to you folks.

Go Wild!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, Toj, I don't even have any morei nformation to share. He sent two long emails, one with the photo, and I didn't read anything. I closed them right away. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I decided to make a real effort to jsut let go of who I think he is and be open to wahtever has to say, stop trying to predict it.
I think your approach to it all if perfect. I also think it didn't work out between you two b/c it wasn't suppose to. Call it karma, fate, intuition -- whatever. You were obviously suppose to meet Nick and help this guy.

You are not responsible for him, though, for the rest of your life. You help him until you cannot -- for whatever reason. Be it that you're drained, have other stuff going on in your life or simply can't anymore.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Your approach IS perfect. (sigh)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes perfect sense.
Did I tell you guys about what my friend C said to me a few weeks ago? I told her I missed my life, and she kindly said to me "This IS your life now." I think that concept is finally permeating my subconscious.
C is right! Smart woman.

For some of us, life is a series of neverending changes. Of varying duration.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your approach to it all if perfect. I also think it didn't work out between you two b/c it wasn't suppose to. Call it karma, fate, intuition -- whatever. You were obviously suppose to meet Nick and help this guy.
You are not responsible for him, though, for the rest of your life. You help him until you cannot -- for whatever reason. Be it that you're drained, have other stuff going on in your life or simply can't anymore.
Yeah, my attitude is one of sending supportive emails now and then. Not daily or constant contact. If he's wearing a dress and a wig, well, he's done some reading/research/interesting internet searching.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For some of us, life is a series of neverending changes. Of varying duration.
That's true for pretty much everyone, I think.

Don't fret the bad times, they won't last.

Enjoy the good times, because they won't last, either.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hey, Chicago folks, how about your Blackhawks? Our local radio Djs and sports guys are as impressed as hell. Congrats to you folks.
Go Wild!
Yep, they're doing great! But wait....Cubs opener is 4/1 (which should say it all). You'll really see something then.:>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, they're doing great! But wait....Cubs opener is 4/1 (which should say it all). You'll really see something then.:>
Umm, Blackhawks lost last night. But, hey it was a 23 game streak. Not bad.

I was at the 2010 rally following the Stanley Cup. I'll do it again this year.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And then in 20 years he can tellyou he thinks he wants to be a woman.
I got a photo in an email today.
this is going to be weirder than I thought. I decided that I need to (1) decide how much support I'm wiling to give , and know that it's for the long haul, because it would be cruel to pullthe rug out from under a friend after a year of being there ("soryr, I'm just done, later"), and (2) find out what Nick is willing to accept, find out what his feelings are on this (I've told him what I've told you guys). I think Nick will say that so long as it doesn't impact our relationship in a serious way, and that he doesn't have to hear all about it, he is fine with my supporting an ex/old friend through a weird time. I think that's a perfectly fine stance.
I'm not giong to keep talking abuot this -- it's just thati t's a new thing that shocked me and is HUGE... This was a wonderful LTR and I would have married him in a heartbeat. In top 3 boyfriends ever. My ex husband isn't in that top 3.
And it's not my business, it's his -- his to share, not for me to share.
I promise, the comments will be kept to a minimum and I'm going to aim for a Matilda-inspired posting style (like how if her dad had his way, she'd be half asian) for any comments I may have about it. ;)
LOL at your first sentence.

Ang, we're here for you if you need someone to just "listen" or anything. And I'm sure Nick will be cool.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true for pretty much everyone, I think.
Don't fret the bad times, they won't last.
Enjoy the good times, because they won't last, either.
True, true, true.

You're easy to agree with when you're in a good mood.
:)

Enjoy the date tonight!

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Umm, Blackhawks lost last night. But, hey it was a 23 game streak. Not bad.
Yeah, but Denver is 1200 ft above sea level. So they're still undefeated AT sea level.

(saw that in a fb post. I don't really care about the Hawks, hockey is for Canadians)

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...hockey is for Canadians
Except for the fact that 500,000 American play hockey. And except for the fact that as many Americans identify hockey as their favorite sport as they do basketball (Harris poll). And except for the millions of Americans who watch it on TV (Nielsen). And except for the fact that the last 23 Stanley Cup winners have been American teams, and in the last 23 championship series only 5 Canadian teams have made it that far ( ESPN.com ). And except for the fact that Americans make up 25% of NHL rosters and Europeans make up another 25%( Quanthockey.com ). You are a chimp (Sam I Am).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Hockey: The most exciting sport to watch on TV.

(And in person.)

Baseball is mostly boring, but when it IS exciting, it's wonderful!

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that 500,000 American play hockey. And except for the fact that as many Americans identify hockey as their favorite sport as they do basketball (Harris poll). And except for the millions of Americans who watch it on TV (Nielsen). And except for the fact that the last 23 Stanley Cup winners have been American teams, and in the last 23 championship series only 5 Canadian teams have made it that far ( ESPN.com ). And except for the fact that Americans make up 25% of NHL rosters and Europeans make up another 25%( Quanthockey.com ). You are a chimp (Sam I Am).
Hey Frenchie! Canada called and wants their sport back! They said America ruined hockey the way soccer ruined football, the way football ruined rugby! And France wants to know why we don't have a professional lacrosse team!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frenchie! Canada called and wants their sport back! They said America ruined hockey the way soccer ruined football, the way football ruined rugby! And France wants to know why we don't have a professional lacrosse team!
Source, please.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Homemade donuts and Nutella.

I'll check in later when the buzz wears off.
:D

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Homemade donuts and Nutella.
I'll check in later when the buzz wears off.
:D
There is some college that added Nutella in food service for breakfast and the kids are stealing huge quantities of it.

It is way too sweet for me.

When younger daughter went to camp in Spain, we sent her a huge jar of Jif. The kids there thought it was a tremendous delicacy.
Muhammad

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

What is Chinatown?
Japan

Shibuya, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

You like noodle?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,941 - 80,960 of96,212
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min forks_make_us_fat 1,036,284
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,500
Abby 4-23 7 min squishymama 13
Amy 4-23 10 min PEllen 22
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min mdbuilder 43,125
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 17 min Dream Crystal 7,554
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 21 min Dream Crystal 1,024
ask amy 4-22 1 hr Sublime1 67
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••