Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
But we dont know the moment the decision was made. When the door is opening? Sure thats a snap decision, but how about when he parks his cruiser. Now he makes that decision, and he has the time while turning off the motor, getting out of the car, meeting with the other cops (who never fired a shot) deciding which door to pound on.... Clearly time to reconsider or at least reign in your emotions.
<quoted text>
I'm on Team Tonka. It's definitely manslaughter. From Wikipedia (sorry -- it was quick though):

"Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another person after "adequate provocation"; that is, there has been action that was sufficient to incite an "ordinary person" to "sudden and intense passion" such that s/he loses self control. It should be noted that the time between provocation and the killing should not be long enough for the passion to have cooled off.

Involuntary manslaughter generally occurs in only two cases. The first is when someone is killed due to criminal negligence, and the second is when someone is killed during the commission of another crime, where the intent was not to cause bodily injury or death.(This is often called "misdemeanor manslaughter".)

Murder is the act of killing another human being with "malice aforethought". Malice aforethought is defined to be the intent to kill or to inflict bodily injury, either express or implied. If a deadly weapon is used, intent to kill will necessarily be implied by a court of law."

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Oh, I want to play the key game!

1 for my Odyssey
1 for my house
1 for my husband's CRV
1 valet key for the CRV (don't know why)
1 for the top lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for the bottom lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for my Grandmother's mailbox
1 for the padlock to my Grandmother's storage locker
1 key fob to my Grandmother's apt building

They are separated onto 3 key rings on a carabiner.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Oh, I want to play the key game!
1 for my Odyssey
1 for my house
1 for my husband's CRV
1 valet key for the CRV (don't know why)
1 for the top lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for the bottom lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for my Grandmother's mailbox
1 for the padlock to my Grandmother's storage locker
1 key fob to my Grandmother's apt building
They are separated onto 3 key rings on a carabiner.
How is it going around your house? Are you taking either of th boys to the wake?

Paranoid impulse. Have someone house sit at your inlaws house during the wake and funeral and at your house unless you have a sitter there with Ry and E.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Paranoid impulse. Have someone house sit at your inlaws house during the wake and funeral and at your house unless you have a sitter there with Ry and E.
Not just the in-laws' house, but maybe Jess's house as well. I read about burglaries here in the metro where thieves targeted the homes of the adult children of the dead person! THey knew they'd be out for the funeral. crazy.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Oh, and I have a garage door opener too but I leave that in my car.
?? Isn't that pretty standard?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh cr*p. I just remembered it's Dickie's birthday tomorrow.

Must remember to give him a bj...

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the in-laws' house, but maybe Jess's house as well.
I think she said that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

This is just too funny!
squishymama wrote:
Oh cr*p. I just remembered it's Dickie's birthday tomorrow.
Must remember to give him a bj...

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
This is just too funny!
<quoted text>
Well, it's what he really wants. <mimishrug>

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Hi All!

Leaving for the wake in less than 2 hours. It is snowing here and I hope that doesn't affect the burial tomorrow. I went out and bought a new outfit to wear to the funeral because all of my clothes are either too summery or have been worn to family funerals recently. OMG am I going to look good.

We are bringing both of the boys. They have been through this several times in the past couple of years between my Grandfather, my husband's Grandmother and his Uncle all dying and having formal services. My neighbors are going to keep an eye on our house and my in-laws' neighbors are going to keep an eye on their house. Also, it helps that the wake is going to be fairly short - 5-8 pm- and right down the street from my in-laws' house.

The funeral tomorrow is going to be harder. 8.30 service, 9 am mass, followed by lunch at a Portuguese restaurant (I hate that place, but we always go there after funerals). My Grandmother asked if I could give her a ride either tonight or tomorrow, but that's not happening. She then asked my Aunt to drive down from VT so she could drove her, and my Aunt was considering it. Thankfully that's not going to happen, either. I don't have time to entertain them. My husband's family causes enough drama. I'm sure I'll have stories for you guys.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

squishy, it's not steak-and-bj day until March 14. You have some time.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
Hi All!
Leaving for the wake in less than 2 hours. It is snowing here and I hope that doesn't affect the burial tomorrow. I went out and bought a new outfit to wear to the funeral because all of my clothes are either too summery or have been worn to family funerals recently. OMG am I going to look good.
We are bringing both of the boys. They have been through this several times in the past couple of years between my Grandfather, my husband's Grandmother and his Uncle all dying and having formal services. My neighbors are going to keep an eye on our house and my in-laws' neighbors are going to keep an eye on their house. Also, it helps that the wake is going to be fairly short - 5-8 pm- and right down the street from my in-laws' house.
The funeral tomorrow is going to be harder. 8.30 service, 9 am mass, followed by lunch at a Portuguese restaurant (I hate that place, but we always go there after funerals). My Grandmother asked if I could give her a ride either tonight or tomorrow, but that's not happening. She then asked my Aunt to drive down from VT so she could drove her, and my Aunt was considering it. Thankfully that's not going to happen, either. I don't have time to entertain them. My husband's family causes enough drama. I'm sure I'll have stories for you guys.
We are with you. You have handled harder things than thisand come through just fine.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you from backing away from Hope Solo. She turned out to be a hot mess... literally.
Hot mess or not, on her best day Hope still loses to Mila. But yeah, quite the hot mess she is.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's what he really wants. <mimishrug>
I caught a bit of Rules of Engagement last night (with David Spade), and one of the couples was having a talk about what they each wanted on their birthdays. The woman went first, and she said something like she wanted him to give her a footrub, then breakfast in bed, then draw her a bath, then a backrub, then watch The Notebook with her. He looks at her and says "So, no hot freaky sex?" She says, no, I can get that from you anytime. For my birthday I want something I couldn't normally get.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>My key chain.
-1 car key
-1 house key (opens front door and door from garage into house
-1 mailbox key
I'm not a big wig enough to have my open closed door office, but if I did, that's 4 keys. What else you got making it a big tangle?
I have a separate sset of "keys to houses i don't live in"... 2 each for parents, grandparents and "investment property". thse live way at the bottom of my purse. they only see the light of day the one day every 6 weeks that the relatives' houses get visited to checked up on.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a separate sset of "keys to houses i don't live in"... 2 each for parents, grandparents and "investment property". thse live way at the bottom of my purse. they only see the light of day the one day every 6 weeks that the relatives' houses get visited to checked up on.
I can understand people who carry keys to parents homes. But I don't live in the same town as mine. There is no need for me to carry that on my key ring. I only bring that if I'm headed out of town for a visit.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>?? Isn't that pretty standard?
Mine is a little fob-style one that comes on a keychain. I *could* attach it to my keys but I choose not to.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I can understand people who carry keys to parents homes. But I don't live in the same town as mine. There is no need for me to carry that on my key ring. I only bring that if I'm headed out of town for a visit.
I don't think I even have a key to my parents' house anymore at all.

My friend A has a key to my apt and I'll be getting a key to her house, but I won't carry it around with me. I'll leave it on the key rack at home and grab it in an emergency, which is what our key exchange is for. Other than that, I have no need or desire for extraneous keys.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I can understand people who carry keys to parents homes. But I don't live in the same town as mine. There is no need for me to carry that on my key ring. I only bring that if I'm headed out of town for a visit.
I routinely let myself into my in-law's; did it this morning and will do it again tonight. So having their keys on my ring make sense.

I leave the other two parent's keys on because I know if I ever need to use them, it will be in an emergency and I don't want to have to go hunting for them.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

This is a sweet story.

http://www.today.com/tech/bunny-lost-n-found-... #

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,901 - 80,920 of96,093
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,033,699
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Poppo 167,532
Amy 4-18 32 min j_m_w 26
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min Eric 65,113
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,188
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,054
Abby 4-17 1 hr Mister Tonka 44
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••