Comments
80,901 - 80,920 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#82008 Mar 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I have not seen those. Will have to look into that if I ever need to replace my garage door opener. My friend told me about one that is wifi enabled so if you leave the house and can't remember if you closed the door, you can hop on the web and do it. That would be cool.
That would be very cool.

My garage door opener was issued to me by building security. It's a parking garage, not an individual one. Maybe that's why it's different?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82009 Mar 8, 2013
Last night, I was thinking about my college boyfriend. Nothing scandalous, and I haven't really thought of him in quite a few years, and I was only wondering how old his kids would be right now. NO big deal.

Then today I Get an email from him. He's living in a hotel, is on his second divorce (First one wasn't his doing)... and he thinks he might be a woman on the inside. Reached out to me because of my PFLAG/GLBT background.

Holy. Crapoly.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82010 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last night, I was thinking about my college boyfriend. Nothing scandalous, and I haven't really thought of him in quite a few years, and I was only wondering how old his kids would be right now. NO big deal.
Then today I Get an email from him. He's living in a hotel, is on his second divorce (First one wasn't his doing)... and he thinks he might be a woman on the inside. Reached out to me because of my PFLAG/GLBT background.
Holy. Crapoly.
Is that a variant of praying away the gay?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82011 Mar 8, 2013
Hee, hee -- doubt it PEllen (and yes I know you were kidding).

Wow. An old boyfriend. He obviously was careful who he chose to speak to. I hope he finds his way.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82012 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy. Crapoly.
Weird. Esp?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82014 Mar 9, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82015 Mar 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Weird. Esp?
It's called Noetics.

Last night I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up this morning, my pillow was gone.

West Palm Beach, FL

#82016 Mar 9, 2013
Speaking of dreams... last night I dreamed about Jasper moving away and us breaking up. In the dream, I was *devastated* but when I woke up, I remembered that my pain is less than that now. It was the opposite of what has happened a few times over the past several months: dreaming that we're still together and waking up to realize we're not, and being sadder IRL than in the dream.

Progress?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82017 Mar 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dreams... last night I dreamed about Jasper moving away and us breaking up. In the dream, I was *devastated* but when I woke up, I remembered that my pain is less than that now. It was the opposite of what has happened a few times over the past several months: dreaming that we're still together and waking up to realize we're not, and being sadder IRL than in the dream.
Progress?
Sounds like you're starting to accept the change. Not that you didn't, but more like a subconscious understanding that this is how things are instead of this is how you want things to be and reality being different. Does that make sense? Still working on my first coffee. LOL

Location hidden

#82018 Mar 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Progress?
Progress! That's great!

You know, I think part of the problem might be... you both hung onto the relationship longer than you might have had your circumstances been different (like taking into account his long stint of being unemployed), so when you finally did end things, it was done from a different place in your mind and heart than if you'd had the breakup sooner (which also may have been an uglier breakup).

West Palm Beach, FL

#82019 Mar 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're starting to accept the change. Not that you didn't, but more like a subconscious understanding that this is how things are instead of this is how you want things to be and reality being different. Does that make sense? Still working on my first coffee. LOL
It makes perfect sense.

Did I tell you guys about what my friend C said to me a few weeks ago? I told her I missed my life, and she kindly said to me "This IS your life now." I think that concept is finally permeating my subconscious.

West Palm Beach, FL

#82020 Mar 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Progress! That's great!
You know, I think part of the problem might be... you both hung onto the relationship longer than you might have had your circumstances been different (like taking into account his long stint of being unemployed), so when you finally did end things, it was done from a different place in your mind and heart than if you'd had the breakup sooner (which also may have been an uglier breakup).
You're right. And I'm sure in some ways that was damaging, but from where I'm sitting right now, I'm really glad we didn't have an ugly, hateful breakup. I'm not planning the future more than a couple of weeks in advance right now - haha - but I still hold out hope that once enough time has passed, we can be friends. Probably not talk-on-the-phone-several-time s-a-week friends, but talking every couple of months with a random text, email, or Facebook comment thrown in here and there. I know he wants that, and I want it too... but I have to make sure I'm okay with it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#82021 Mar 9, 2013
You made him gay?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy. Crapoly.

Location hidden

#82022 Mar 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. And I'm sure in some ways that was damaging, but from where I'm sitting right now, I'm really glad we didn't have an ugly, hateful breakup. I'm not planning the future more than a couple of weeks in advance right now - haha - but I still hold out hope that once enough time has passed, we can be friends. Probably not talk-on-the-phone-several-time s-a-week friends, but talking every couple of months with a random text, email, or Facebook comment thrown in here and there. I know he wants that, and I want it too... but I have to make sure I'm okay with it.
And then in 20 years he can tellyou he thinks he wants to be a woman.

I got a photo in an email today.

this is going to be weirder than I thought. I decided that I need to (1) decide how much support I'm wiling to give , and know that it's for the long haul, because it would be cruel to pullthe rug out from under a friend after a year of being there ("soryr, I'm just done, later"), and (2) find out what Nick is willing to accept, find out what his feelings are on this (I've told him what I've told you guys). I think Nick will say that so long as it doesn't impact our relationship in a serious way, and that he doesn't have to hear all about it, he is fine with my supporting an ex/old friend through a weird time. I think that's a perfectly fine stance.

I'm not giong to keep talking abuot this -- it's just thati t's a new thing that shocked me and is HUGE... This was a wonderful LTR and I would have married him in a heartbeat. In top 3 boyfriends ever. My ex husband isn't in that top 3.

And it's not my business, it's his -- his to share, not for me to share.

I promise, the comments will be kept to a minimum and I'm going to aim for a Matilda-inspired posting style (like how if her dad had his way, she'd be half asian) for any comments I may have about it. ;)

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82023 Mar 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And then in 20 years he can tellyou he thinks he wants to be a woman.
I got a photo in an email today.
this is going to be weirder than I thought. I decided that I need to (1) decide how much support I'm wiling to give , and know that it's for the long haul, because it would be cruel to pullthe rug out from under a friend after a year of being there ("soryr, I'm just done, later"), and (2) find out what Nick is willing to accept, find out what his feelings are on this (I've told him what I've told you guys). I think Nick will say that so long as it doesn't impact our relationship in a serious way, and that he doesn't have to hear all about it, he is fine with my supporting an ex/old friend through a weird time. I think that's a perfectly fine stance.
I'm not giong to keep talking abuot this -- it's just thati t's a new thing that shocked me and is HUGE... This was a wonderful LTR and I would have married him in a heartbeat. In top 3 boyfriends ever. My ex husband isn't in that top 3.
And it's not my business, it's his -- his to share, not for me to share.
I promise, the comments will be kept to a minimum and I'm going to aim for a Matilda-inspired posting style (like how if her dad had his way, she'd be half asian) for any comments I may have about it. ;)
Darn! I wanted to hear all about it. To me it's foreign and it would be a window into someone's life that I can't imagine experiencing. Yet, I think it would be helpful to understand what some people go through.

I feel for him but I am puzzled by the little bit you have told -- not by you but by the situation. I can't imagine how puzzled he must be.

Location hidden

#82024 Mar 9, 2013
Oh, Toj, I don't even have any morei nformation to share. He sent two long emails, one with the photo, and I didn't read anything. I closed them right away. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I decided to make a real effort to jsut let go of who I think he is and be open to wahtever has to say, stop trying to predict it.

Location hidden

#82025 Mar 9, 2013
Hey, Chicago folks, how about your Blackhawks? Our local radio Djs and sports guys are as impressed as hell. Congrats to you folks.

Go Wild!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82026 Mar 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, Toj, I don't even have any morei nformation to share. He sent two long emails, one with the photo, and I didn't read anything. I closed them right away. I wasn't in the right frame of mind. I decided to make a real effort to jsut let go of who I think he is and be open to wahtever has to say, stop trying to predict it.
I think your approach to it all if perfect. I also think it didn't work out between you two b/c it wasn't suppose to. Call it karma, fate, intuition -- whatever. You were obviously suppose to meet Nick and help this guy.

You are not responsible for him, though, for the rest of your life. You help him until you cannot -- for whatever reason. Be it that you're drained, have other stuff going on in your life or simply can't anymore.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#82027 Mar 9, 2013
Your approach IS perfect. (sigh)

Location hidden

#82028 Mar 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes perfect sense.
Did I tell you guys about what my friend C said to me a few weeks ago? I told her I missed my life, and she kindly said to me "This IS your life now." I think that concept is finally permeating my subconscious.
C is right! Smart woman.

For some of us, life is a series of neverending changes. Of varying duration.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Uzi 68,347
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min JOEL 68,943
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 1 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr minluo 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,347
•••
•••