United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I can understand people who carry keys to parents homes. But I don't live in the same town as mine. There is no need for me to carry that on my key ring. I only bring that if I'm headed out of town for a visit.
I don't think I even have a key to my parents' house anymore at all.

My friend A has a key to my apt and I'll be getting a key to her house, but I won't carry it around with me. I'll leave it on the key rack at home and grab it in an emergency, which is what our key exchange is for. Other than that, I have no need or desire for extraneous keys.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I can understand people who carry keys to parents homes. But I don't live in the same town as mine. There is no need for me to carry that on my key ring. I only bring that if I'm headed out of town for a visit.
I routinely let myself into my in-law's; did it this morning and will do it again tonight. So having their keys on my ring make sense.

I leave the other two parent's keys on because I know if I ever need to use them, it will be in an emergency and I don't want to have to go hunting for them.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

This is a sweet story.

http://www.today.com/tech/bunny-lost-n-found-... #

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I even have a key to my parents' house anymore at all.
Don't worry, baby, you got a key to my heart.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they are too heavy, they can damage your ignition/starter.
Yep. My niece has two keys and like 15 various key rings. I have a hello Kitty key ring thinggy. It hangs from the rear view mirror. <shrug>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

squishymama wrote:
That's so sweet!

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Oh I forgot...I also have a valet key on one of those detachable key ring things that's connected to my main ring. Realized it when I went out earlier. LOL

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is a little fob-style one that comes on a keychain. I *could* attach it to my keys but I choose not to.
I have not seen those. Will have to look into that if I ever need to replace my garage door opener. My friend told me about one that is wifi enabled so if you leave the house and can't remember if you closed the door, you can hop on the web and do it. That would be cool.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I have not seen those. Will have to look into that if I ever need to replace my garage door opener. My friend told me about one that is wifi enabled so if you leave the house and can't remember if you closed the door, you can hop on the web and do it. That would be cool.
That would be very cool.

My garage door opener was issued to me by building security. It's a parking garage, not an individual one. Maybe that's why it's different?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Last night, I was thinking about my college boyfriend. Nothing scandalous, and I haven't really thought of him in quite a few years, and I was only wondering how old his kids would be right now. NO big deal.

Then today I Get an email from him. He's living in a hotel, is on his second divorce (First one wasn't his doing)... and he thinks he might be a woman on the inside. Reached out to me because of my PFLAG/GLBT background.

Holy. Crapoly.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last night, I was thinking about my college boyfriend. Nothing scandalous, and I haven't really thought of him in quite a few years, and I was only wondering how old his kids would be right now. NO big deal.
Then today I Get an email from him. He's living in a hotel, is on his second divorce (First one wasn't his doing)... and he thinks he might be a woman on the inside. Reached out to me because of my PFLAG/GLBT background.
Holy. Crapoly.
Is that a variant of praying away the gay?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Hee, hee -- doubt it PEllen (and yes I know you were kidding).

Wow. An old boyfriend. He obviously was careful who he chose to speak to. I hope he finds his way.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Holy. Crapoly.
Weird. Esp?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Weird. Esp?
It's called Noetics.

Last night I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up this morning, my pillow was gone.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of dreams... last night I dreamed about Jasper moving away and us breaking up. In the dream, I was *devastated* but when I woke up, I remembered that my pain is less than that now. It was the opposite of what has happened a few times over the past several months: dreaming that we're still together and waking up to realize we're not, and being sadder IRL than in the dream.

Progress?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dreams... last night I dreamed about Jasper moving away and us breaking up. In the dream, I was *devastated* but when I woke up, I remembered that my pain is less than that now. It was the opposite of what has happened a few times over the past several months: dreaming that we're still together and waking up to realize we're not, and being sadder IRL than in the dream.
Progress?
Sounds like you're starting to accept the change. Not that you didn't, but more like a subconscious understanding that this is how things are instead of this is how you want things to be and reality being different. Does that make sense? Still working on my first coffee. LOL

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Progress?
Progress! That's great!

You know, I think part of the problem might be... you both hung onto the relationship longer than you might have had your circumstances been different (like taking into account his long stint of being unemployed), so when you finally did end things, it was done from a different place in your mind and heart than if you'd had the breakup sooner (which also may have been an uglier breakup).

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're starting to accept the change. Not that you didn't, but more like a subconscious understanding that this is how things are instead of this is how you want things to be and reality being different. Does that make sense? Still working on my first coffee. LOL
It makes perfect sense.

Did I tell you guys about what my friend C said to me a few weeks ago? I told her I missed my life, and she kindly said to me "This IS your life now." I think that concept is finally permeating my subconscious.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Progress! That's great!
You know, I think part of the problem might be... you both hung onto the relationship longer than you might have had your circumstances been different (like taking into account his long stint of being unemployed), so when you finally did end things, it was done from a different place in your mind and heart than if you'd had the breakup sooner (which also may have been an uglier breakup).
You're right. And I'm sure in some ways that was damaging, but from where I'm sitting right now, I'm really glad we didn't have an ugly, hateful breakup. I'm not planning the future more than a couple of weeks in advance right now - haha - but I still hold out hope that once enough time has passed, we can be friends. Probably not talk-on-the-phone-several-time s-a-week friends, but talking every couple of months with a random text, email, or Facebook comment thrown in here and there. I know he wants that, and I want it too... but I have to make sure I'm okay with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

120 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,083,461
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,093
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Te rigs 48,996
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 50 min nono 3,845
'African' stowaway's body found on US military ... 1 hr Ban the 2nd Amendment 2
Christianity 1 hr Ban the 2nd Amendment 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,881
Amy 7-30 1 hr Toj 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••