Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#82046 Mar 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't normally speak up when someone's givin it to the dog, I just enjoy the show, but are you really gonna make a joke about gays and athletes and act all surprised when someone does not get it, then get all stats'y when dog makes joke about hockey? Really?
I looked up your Harris poll on favorite sport.
36% Pro football
13% baseball
13% college football
8% Auto Racing
5% Pro basketball
5% college basketball
5% hockey
Really? You're getting all offended over a hockey joke and gonna hang your hat on 5%?
And 500,000 playing hockey? Compare that to 17.5 million playing football(not including college and the pros). Lighten up.
I'll have to agree with you on this one, although my list for MY personal preference would be different. I can be weird, though, but maybe it's b/c I'm a girl.:)
Fav to watch on TV is football followed closely by pro tennis. For some reason, I really enjoy horse racing (big events) but I don't consider that a sport but I guess it is.
I can get into basketball when the Bulls are doing well. Once again, for baseball I need to be at the park and same with hockey. Basketball is better in person, too, but the whole pregame show and stuff is so hokey for me.
I like watching soccer.(shrug) Ya, I'm always surprised, too, when I am flipping channels and then get into a soccer game.
For the Olympics, I'm glued to my seat for most of the airings. I think I just like heated competition. Must be.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#82047 Mar 9, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to agree with you on this one, although my list for MY personal preference would be different. I can be weird, though, but maybe it's b/c I'm a girl.:)
Fav to watch on TV is football followed closely by pro tennis. For some reason, I really enjoy horse racing (big events) but I don't consider that a sport but I guess it is.
I can get into basketball when the Bulls are doing well. Once again, for baseball I need to be at the park and same with hockey. Basketball is better in person, too, but the whole pregame show and stuff is so hokey for me.
I like watching soccer.(shrug) Ya, I'm always surprised, too, when I am flipping channels and then get into a soccer game.
For the Olympics, I'm glued to my seat for most of the airings. I think I just like heated competition. Must be.
I watch 2 sports. College football and pro basketball. Hell, I got basketball on right now and don't really care for either team.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#82048 Mar 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I watch 2 sports. College football and pro basketball. Hell, I got basketball on right now and don't really care for either team.
Football, then hockey. Everything else blows IMO. <shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82049 Mar 9, 2013
To watch on TV, in this order:

Pro Hockey
Pro baseball
Pro football
pro golf

I like to watch golf on sundays (final leaderboard). I have no interest in college sports. BUt I say "Go Hawkeyes" and "Go Cyclones" when appropriate.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#82050 Mar 10, 2013
I also tend to watch the Hawaii iron man (world championship) every year.1259

West Palm Beach, FL

#82051 Mar 10, 2013
Well, I'll be off to the walk-in clinic after church. I've been sick for a week and I MUST get better before I fly. Time for antibiotics, I think.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#82052 Mar 10, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82053 Mar 10, 2013

West Palm Beach, FL

#82054 Mar 10, 2013
Got a z-pack from the clinic, and since I'm having a little girls night get-together for The Bachelor finale, I asked the doctor if I could drink. She said yes, that z-packs work differently than other antibiotics so it's okay to drink some while taking them. You don't know unless you ask....

Thus inspired, I headed to the nail salon next with the intention of just getting a pedicure. But while I was sitting there, I started looking at my nails and thinking "hmmm, Vegas" and let the nail tech talk me into a French manicure with gel. Not an inexpensive day, but like the commercial says, I'm worth it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#82055 Mar 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Got a z-pack from the clinic, and since I'm having a little girls night get-together for The Bachelor finale, I asked the doctor if I could drink. She said yes, that z-packs work differently than other antibiotics so it's okay to drink some while taking them. You don't know unless you ask....
Thus inspired, I headed to the nail salon next with the intention of just getting a pedicure. But while I was sitting there, I started looking at my nails and thinking "hmmm, Vegas" and let the nail tech talk me into a French manicure with gel. Not an inexpensive day, but like the commercial says, I'm worth it.
One way or another, you got nailed.

(I m a bit buzzed. Don't mind me. A stein of Strongbow draft will do that. Tonka can explain)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#82056 Mar 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I'm worth it.
Just keep that in the back of your head as a given!:D

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82057 Mar 11, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#82058 Mar 11, 2013

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#82059 Mar 11, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Everyone,^^^^ this is Ricky. He's a nice poster.
I would like everyone to take turns introducing themselves to Ricky and maybe say something interesting about yourself.
Who wants to go first (this could be funny)?
BTW, I have name tags too.
Good morning everyone and thanks sublime!

My apologizes for missing your introductions, I got tied up elsewhere I missed out!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82060 Mar 11, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Ricky. I'm Toj. I'm the new kid on the block.
Are you handsome?
At times, other times I even scare myself! lol

Nice to meet ya!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82061 Mar 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
I'm RACE and I am the most interesting man in the world!
Interesting, that's what Sublime thought on another thread lol (kidding)

Nice to meet you as well!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82062 Mar 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hi, RIcky. Angela here. Nice to meet you. HOpe you enjoy us and stick around.
Hi Angela, nice to meet you!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82063 Mar 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Hi-
My name is PEllen . Close your eyes and think of Jessica Rabbit... plus about 40 years. That's me.
I make bad puns and jokes and am often after people to play nice.
lol, I do my best to play nice! Nice to meet ya!!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82064 Mar 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Hi Ricky! Most of the regs call me Jamwow (not to be confused with Snooki's BFF, Jwoww). I recently got out of a very long relationship, so I ramble sadly a lot lately. Also, I have friends with drama so I vent about that a lot too. But I'm actually really awesome... I promise.
You have drama friends too! lol

Nice to meet you!

Vincit qui se vincit

#82065 Mar 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Geez, Sub. What are we, some kind of AA meeting?
I'm squishymama and I'm a topix addict.
And my name pretty much says it all.
Hello, my name is Ricky

(Hello Ricky)

I have a problem, I'm addicted to Topix.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min wojar 180,647
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,141,993
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min DonPanic 48,447
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,853
mohammedyimer991@gmail.com 3 hr bisaka123rut 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,769
Abby 11-23 3 hr Mister Tonka 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:43 pm PST

CBS Sports 1:43PM