Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81964 Mar 8, 2013
Oh, and I have a garage door opener too but I leave that in my car.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81965 Mar 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>My key chain.
-1 car key
-1 house key (opens front door and door from garage into house
-1 mailbox key
I'm not a big wig enough to have my open closed door office, but if I did, that's 4 keys. What else you got making it a big tangle?
Mine qualifies as a big tangle:

-3 keys to my apt (vestibule, front/back door, basement)
-2 keys for in-law's (vestibule, front door) but I still have an old key of their's on my ring. Too lazy to remove it, I guess.
-2 keys to my mother's house
-1 key for my dad's house
-1 key + remote for car

I have them all on a lanyard which helps me find them in the bottom of my commuter bag.

I also carry my office and desk key in my wallet.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#81966 Mar 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
TGIF! Weekend plans?
Working tomorrow! First chance at some overtime since November!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81967 Mar 8, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not seen Hoop Dreams?
I'm sure he hasn't. But tonight we're watching Skyfall!

Location hidden

#81968 Mar 8, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! I also have a little square dangly thing (very little) with a Jag logo on it but that's it. I HATE big ass dangly tangly key rings.
And if they are too heavy, they can damage your ignition/starter.

Location hidden

#81969 Mar 8, 2013
Keys:

Apartment building
Apartment unit
Work
mailbox
car

Weekend:

Tonight: Date night: Homemade tacos for supper tonight and "Skyfall"

Saturday: Run errands on my way home from Nick's in the morning, then stay home u ntil Monday morning, hopefully with zero in-person human contact.

Miami, FL

#81970 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they are too heavy, they can damage your ignition/starter.
Yep, I've heard this. My car has a push-button ignition, but still. And because the fob charger is lower in the car than the ignition, long dangly keys would touch my knee as I drove and that would bug me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81971 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure he hasn't. But tonight we're watching Skyfall!
J and I watched Wreck-It Ralph last night. I think that movie is more for people our age than it is for kids. Very fun.

Location hidden

#81972 Mar 8, 2013
Mimi: Todd RUndgren is coming here in May!!!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81973 Mar 8, 2013
Has anyone seen the interview between Mila Kunis and the English guy (kid)? She is ADORABLE! The guy is very nervous, and she basically takes him off script and just talks to him for a bit. There is a short video about it on the front page of CNN.com . If I were to switch teams, she would be my first, second and third choices.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81974 Mar 8, 2013
I just got something that will get the tinfoil hat-wearers in here riled up. The American Comunity Survey from the US Dept. of Commerce. They are quite the inquisitive little bunch.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81975 Mar 8, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I just got something that will get the tinfoil hat-wearers in here riled up. The American Comunity Survey from the US Dept. of Commerce. They are quite the inquisitive little bunch.
Link? C'mon -- you know everyone loves to argue.:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#81976 Mar 8, 2013
Weekend plans:

Tonight: Try and make up for the epic bad night we had last night. I'll let the kids pick their favorite food type and we'll get it delivered.

Sat: Swimming lessons in the AM, errands in the PM. Matilda reminded me that Lulu really wanted to see Wreck-It Ralph, so perhaps we'll watch it in the evening.

Sun: I hope the FIL can take the girls to both sunday school and church; I could use a kid-free hour or two with Dickie. Then depending on the weather, we may go to the Botanic Gardens. Nunu said last weekend that she missed them and wished they were open in the winter. She was very pleased to hear that they were.

Miami, FL

#81977 Mar 8, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Has anyone seen the interview between Mila Kunis and the English guy (kid)? She is ADORABLE! The guy is very nervous, and she basically takes him off script and just talks to him for a bit. There is a short video about it on the front page of CNN.com . If I were to switch teams, she would be my first, second and third choices.
I don't blame you from backing away from Hope Solo. She turned out to be a hot mess... literally.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81978 Mar 8, 2013
But we dont know the moment the decision was made. When the door is opening? Sure thats a snap decision, but how about when he parks his cruiser. Now he makes that decision, and he has the time while turning off the motor, getting out of the car, meeting with the other cops (who never fired a shot) deciding which door to pound on.... Clearly time to reconsider or at least reign in your emotions.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>By definition, a snap decision in the heat of the moment is not premeditated.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81979 Mar 8, 2013
Keys? I have about 5 different sets, but only two for daily use.
first set:
1 truck key & door lock fob
1 house key
1 Dodge Ram keyring
1 mystery key (think for old office)

Second set
1 car key
1 trunk key
1 house key
keychain is a little knife

Unless I am driving I take the 2nd set, not nearly as bulky.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81980 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi: Todd RUndgren is coming here in May!!!
He is at Northwestern in a concert teh beginning of April taht mixes his genre of music with (I think) classical. Squishy- it was on that email/brochure I posted that included Asphat Orchestra. Tickets are real inexpensive- like $24

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81981 Mar 8, 2013
Keys.

My car key is on a separate ring with the electronic door unlocker

House ring
house key
mom's house key
locker key
bathroom key from an office I worked in maybe 10 years ago
about 3 others that I don't remember but keep so there are enough on the ring to find in my purse.

Office has all electronic key pads and biometric ID entry system( aka the security guard downstairs recognizes my face)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81982 Mar 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
But we dont know the moment the decision was made. When the door is opening? Sure thats a snap decision, but how about when he parks his cruiser. Now he makes that decision, and he has the time while turning off the motor, getting out of the car, meeting with the other cops (who never fired a shot) deciding which door to pound on.... Clearly time to reconsider or at least reign in your emotions.
<quoted text>
I'm on Team Tonka. It's definitely manslaughter. From Wikipedia (sorry -- it was quick though):

"Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another person after "adequate provocation"; that is, there has been action that was sufficient to incite an "ordinary person" to "sudden and intense passion" such that s/he loses self control. It should be noted that the time between provocation and the killing should not be long enough for the passion to have cooled off.

Involuntary manslaughter generally occurs in only two cases. The first is when someone is killed due to criminal negligence, and the second is when someone is killed during the commission of another crime, where the intent was not to cause bodily injury or death.(This is often called "misdemeanor manslaughter".)

Murder is the act of killing another human being with "malice aforethought". Malice aforethought is defined to be the intent to kill or to inflict bodily injury, either express or implied. If a deadly weapon is used, intent to kill will necessarily be implied by a court of law."

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81983 Mar 8, 2013
Oh, I want to play the key game!

1 for my Odyssey
1 for my house
1 for my husband's CRV
1 valet key for the CRV (don't know why)
1 for the top lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for the bottom lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for my Grandmother's mailbox
1 for the padlock to my Grandmother's storage locker
1 key fob to my Grandmother's apt building

They are separated onto 3 key rings on a carabiner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,143,473
Dear Abby 11/24/14 8 min RACE 14
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min Frijoles 70,600
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Edmond Pulpo 180,781
dear abby 11-25 32 min Mister Tonka 5
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min reality 48,498
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 47 min Hatti_Hollerand 703
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:04 am PST

NBC Sports 4:04AM