Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81975 Mar 8, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I just got something that will get the tinfoil hat-wearers in here riled up. The American Comunity Survey from the US Dept. of Commerce. They are quite the inquisitive little bunch.
Link? C'mon -- you know everyone loves to argue.:)

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81976 Mar 8, 2013
Weekend plans:

Tonight: Try and make up for the epic bad night we had last night. I'll let the kids pick their favorite food type and we'll get it delivered.

Sat: Swimming lessons in the AM, errands in the PM. Matilda reminded me that Lulu really wanted to see Wreck-It Ralph, so perhaps we'll watch it in the evening.

Sun: I hope the FIL can take the girls to both sunday school and church; I could use a kid-free hour or two with Dickie. Then depending on the weather, we may go to the Botanic Gardens. Nunu said last weekend that she missed them and wished they were open in the winter. She was very pleased to hear that they were.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81977 Mar 8, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Has anyone seen the interview between Mila Kunis and the English guy (kid)? She is ADORABLE! The guy is very nervous, and she basically takes him off script and just talks to him for a bit. There is a short video about it on the front page of CNN.com . If I were to switch teams, she would be my first, second and third choices.
I don't blame you from backing away from Hope Solo. She turned out to be a hot mess... literally.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#81978 Mar 8, 2013
But we dont know the moment the decision was made. When the door is opening? Sure thats a snap decision, but how about when he parks his cruiser. Now he makes that decision, and he has the time while turning off the motor, getting out of the car, meeting with the other cops (who never fired a shot) deciding which door to pound on.... Clearly time to reconsider or at least reign in your emotions.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>By definition, a snap decision in the heat of the moment is not premeditated.

#81979 Mar 8, 2013
Keys? I have about 5 different sets, but only two for daily use.
first set:
1 truck key & door lock fob
1 house key
1 Dodge Ram keyring
1 mystery key (think for old office)

Second set
1 car key
1 trunk key
1 house key
keychain is a little knife

Unless I am driving I take the 2nd set, not nearly as bulky.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81980 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi: Todd RUndgren is coming here in May!!!
He is at Northwestern in a concert teh beginning of April taht mixes his genre of music with (I think) classical. Squishy- it was on that email/brochure I posted that included Asphat Orchestra. Tickets are real inexpensive- like $24

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81981 Mar 8, 2013
Keys.

My car key is on a separate ring with the electronic door unlocker

House ring
house key
mom's house key
locker key
bathroom key from an office I worked in maybe 10 years ago
about 3 others that I don't remember but keep so there are enough on the ring to find in my purse.

Office has all electronic key pads and biometric ID entry system( aka the security guard downstairs recognizes my face)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81982 Mar 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
But we dont know the moment the decision was made. When the door is opening? Sure thats a snap decision, but how about when he parks his cruiser. Now he makes that decision, and he has the time while turning off the motor, getting out of the car, meeting with the other cops (who never fired a shot) deciding which door to pound on.... Clearly time to reconsider or at least reign in your emotions.
<quoted text>
I'm on Team Tonka. It's definitely manslaughter. From Wikipedia (sorry -- it was quick though):

"Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person intentionally kills another person after "adequate provocation"; that is, there has been action that was sufficient to incite an "ordinary person" to "sudden and intense passion" such that s/he loses self control. It should be noted that the time between provocation and the killing should not be long enough for the passion to have cooled off.

Involuntary manslaughter generally occurs in only two cases. The first is when someone is killed due to criminal negligence, and the second is when someone is killed during the commission of another crime, where the intent was not to cause bodily injury or death.(This is often called "misdemeanor manslaughter".)

Murder is the act of killing another human being with "malice aforethought". Malice aforethought is defined to be the intent to kill or to inflict bodily injury, either express or implied. If a deadly weapon is used, intent to kill will necessarily be implied by a court of law."

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81983 Mar 8, 2013
Oh, I want to play the key game!

1 for my Odyssey
1 for my house
1 for my husband's CRV
1 valet key for the CRV (don't know why)
1 for the top lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for the bottom lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for my Grandmother's mailbox
1 for the padlock to my Grandmother's storage locker
1 key fob to my Grandmother's apt building

They are separated onto 3 key rings on a carabiner.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81984 Mar 8, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Oh, I want to play the key game!
1 for my Odyssey
1 for my house
1 for my husband's CRV
1 valet key for the CRV (don't know why)
1 for the top lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for the bottom lock of my Grandmother's apt
1 for my Grandmother's mailbox
1 for the padlock to my Grandmother's storage locker
1 key fob to my Grandmother's apt building
They are separated onto 3 key rings on a carabiner.
How is it going around your house? Are you taking either of th boys to the wake?

Paranoid impulse. Have someone house sit at your inlaws house during the wake and funeral and at your house unless you have a sitter there with Ry and E.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81985 Mar 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Paranoid impulse. Have someone house sit at your inlaws house during the wake and funeral and at your house unless you have a sitter there with Ry and E.
Not just the in-laws' house, but maybe Jess's house as well. I read about burglaries here in the metro where thieves targeted the homes of the adult children of the dead person! THey knew they'd be out for the funeral. crazy.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81986 Mar 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Oh, and I have a garage door opener too but I leave that in my car.
?? Isn't that pretty standard?

Evanston IL

#81987 Mar 8, 2013
Oh cr*p. I just remembered it's Dickie's birthday tomorrow.

Must remember to give him a bj...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#81988 Mar 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the in-laws' house, but maybe Jess's house as well.
I think she said that.

#81989 Mar 8, 2013
This is just too funny!
squishymama wrote:
Oh cr*p. I just remembered it's Dickie's birthday tomorrow.
Must remember to give him a bj...

Evanston IL

#81990 Mar 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
This is just too funny!
<quoted text>
Well, it's what he really wants. <mimishrug>

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81991 Mar 8, 2013
Hi All!

Leaving for the wake in less than 2 hours. It is snowing here and I hope that doesn't affect the burial tomorrow. I went out and bought a new outfit to wear to the funeral because all of my clothes are either too summery or have been worn to family funerals recently. OMG am I going to look good.

We are bringing both of the boys. They have been through this several times in the past couple of years between my Grandfather, my husband's Grandmother and his Uncle all dying and having formal services. My neighbors are going to keep an eye on our house and my in-laws' neighbors are going to keep an eye on their house. Also, it helps that the wake is going to be fairly short - 5-8 pm- and right down the street from my in-laws' house.

The funeral tomorrow is going to be harder. 8.30 service, 9 am mass, followed by lunch at a Portuguese restaurant (I hate that place, but we always go there after funerals). My Grandmother asked if I could give her a ride either tonight or tomorrow, but that's not happening. She then asked my Aunt to drive down from VT so she could drove her, and my Aunt was considering it. Thankfully that's not going to happen, either. I don't have time to entertain them. My husband's family causes enough drama. I'm sure I'll have stories for you guys.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81992 Mar 8, 2013
squishy, it's not steak-and-bj day until March 14. You have some time.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81993 Mar 8, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Hi All!
Leaving for the wake in less than 2 hours. It is snowing here and I hope that doesn't affect the burial tomorrow. I went out and bought a new outfit to wear to the funeral because all of my clothes are either too summery or have been worn to family funerals recently. OMG am I going to look good.
We are bringing both of the boys. They have been through this several times in the past couple of years between my Grandfather, my husband's Grandmother and his Uncle all dying and having formal services. My neighbors are going to keep an eye on our house and my in-laws' neighbors are going to keep an eye on their house. Also, it helps that the wake is going to be fairly short - 5-8 pm- and right down the street from my in-laws' house.
The funeral tomorrow is going to be harder. 8.30 service, 9 am mass, followed by lunch at a Portuguese restaurant (I hate that place, but we always go there after funerals). My Grandmother asked if I could give her a ride either tonight or tomorrow, but that's not happening. She then asked my Aunt to drive down from VT so she could drove her, and my Aunt was considering it. Thankfully that's not going to happen, either. I don't have time to entertain them. My husband's family causes enough drama. I'm sure I'll have stories for you guys.
We are with you. You have handled harder things than thisand come through just fine.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81994 Mar 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you from backing away from Hope Solo. She turned out to be a hot mess... literally.
Hot mess or not, on her best day Hope still loses to Mila. But yeah, quite the hot mess she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DBWriter 1,264,216
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 194,672
abby august 2 8 min RACE 2
amy august 2 14 min RACE 3
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 5 hr RappersRTHUGS 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr budd 54,342
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 14 hr The Cloud 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages