angela

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Okay, wait, your husband's father died? I kept thinking it was his GRANDfather!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>The boys are going to be really upset and I am upset on their behalf. My husband just called to say that he died and my heart is breaking for him. I have to respect the way his family does things because they are traditionalists, but Ry was able to say goodbye to my Grandfather in hospice (I know that was a little different, but still) and I think it is an important part of the transition process to be able to say goodbye if possible.

To answer RACE's question, my husband is going to tell them tonight when he gets home. He is heading over to the funeral home with his mom right now. They are going to have a Friday wake and a Saturday funeral. I don't know if we are going to keep the kids home from school - I guess that will be their call.
I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I feel helpless. The people I love most are in so much pain and there is so little I can do to comfort them. Ry kept drawing pictures of broken hearts last night. I told him that drawing pictures or writing stories are good things to do.

My husband can't sleep. His father lost consciousness 5 minutes before he got to the hospital and never regained it. He feels like he was asked to make the decision about whether or not to take drastic measures to save his father's life, though there was no real decision to make because his body was failing and if a machine could keep him alive it would not be for very long.

Today, we will just be thankful for supportive family and friends.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I feel helpless.
Normal to feel that way.
Jess in NJ wrote:
The people I love most are in so much pain and there is so little I can do to comfort them.
Showing love and support is a great deal of comfort for them.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Were here for ya! If ya want we can start talking about intergalactic liberal aliens and their plan to put our planet on welfare for votes in the Federation.
Jess in NJ wrote:
I feel helpless. The people I love most are in so much pain and there is so little I can do to comfort them. Ry kept drawing pictures of broken hearts last night. I told him that drawing pictures or writing stories are good things to do.
My husband can't sleep. His father lost consciousness 5 minutes before he got to the hospital and never regained it. He feels like he was asked to make the decision about whether or not to take drastic measures to save his father's life, though there was no real decision to make because his body was failing and if a machine could keep him alive it would not be for very long.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I thought we missed the bad weather when it didn't storm yesterday like they had predicted, but I see snowflakes outside! How's the weather for you guys?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I thought we missed the bad weather when it didn't storm yesterday like they had predicted, but I see snowflakes outside! How's the weather for you guys?
Sunny today. And they're predicting temps in the 50's for the weekend, so after the 10" of snow we just got it's going to become nice and sloppy 'round here.

I came feel spring trying to bust out. It's the birds; they're back and chirpping up a storm in the mornings.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RACE wrote:
Were here for ya! If ya want we can start talking about intergalactic liberal aliens and their plan to put our planet on welfare for votes in the Federation.
<quoted text>
Been watching too much Clone Wars, haven't you?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

HA, had to google that. Never heard of it, but star wars was not my thing anyway.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Been watching too much Clone Wars, haven't you?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

It's FREEZING! Flippin 55 degrees, I have a space heater cranked up under my desk! Great sleeping weather, but no fun to work in.
Jess in NJ wrote:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Building is flooded -- west side of all nine floors. our plotter room is in serious trouble. Network is being taken down any sec, we'll lose internet, email, and they'r going to shut the power to the building down for a while. Taking the stairs up 7 flights nearly killed me.

Se eyou all later sometime today!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Freezing? Heh. It was 9 degrees when I left home this morning, but we'll peak at 34 today!!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

From what? Snow or water main?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Building is flooded -- west side of all nine floors. our plotter room is in serious trouble. Network is being taken down any sec, we'll lose internet, email, and they'r going to shut the power to the building down for a while. Taking the stairs up 7 flights nearly killed me.
Se eyou all later sometime today!:)

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I just remembered, last night I dreamed that is snowed here.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Freezing? Heh. It was 9 degrees when I left home this morning, but we'll peak at 34 today!!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Poor Ry :(. Hugs to you all.

I hope your husband is able to find peace soon. I'm sure he did the right thing.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

angela wrote:
Sorry, Jess.:(
i remember when my grandpa died, it was all about me (I was 12, first loss of my life). I didn't get why my mom was so upset though. She's a grownup (she was 32). Shouldn't she have a better grip on things?
Sorryfor being a clueless 12yo, mom.
I remember being about 7 and seeing my grandma cry at my great-grandfather's funeral. I was totally weirded out by that, thinking "Didn't she realize he was super old?" and then some time later realizing "Ohmygod, that's her DAD." And then I felt horrible.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have open caskets at Jewish funerals. The family is allowed to say good bye privately before the casket is closed, if they want to. I never saw my grandparents in their caskets nor my one uncle who died.
The first open casket wake I attended was of a much older gentleman who had sort of professionally adopted me and ran professional interference for me when I was still in grad school. I reacted like Squishy even more because I had been to visit him in the hospital what turned out to be the day before he died.
My mom's side of the family is trending towards cremation with no open casket, and let me tell you, the difference is like night and day for me. Instead of being a shaking nervous wreck, I was able to, dare I say, enjoy the visitations of my mom, grandparents, and second cousin. There were pictures up, you just kind of milled around and talked to people. Took a lot of the weirdness out of it all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember being about 7 and seeing my grandma cry at my great-grandfather's funeral. I was totally weirded out by that, thinking "Didn't she realize he was super old?" and then some time later realizing "Ohmygod, that's her DAD." And then I felt horrible.
That was your grandma's cue to start hoarding!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That was your grandma's cue to start hoarding!
How do you flood 9 floord of a building in MN in March?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Terry rigsby 48,913
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,079,965
Abby July 25, 2014 31 min Toj 8
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 37 min Toj 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,628
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 40 min Bridgeview resident 71
Lawsuit claims neighbor's cat odors hurt proper... 42 min bensleys thoughts 1
Amy 7-24 3 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 16 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••