|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the ONLY girl? Think maybe they just hired you for office eye candy?
You need to do a better job of looking good for everyone, girl.
Yeah, I heard tell, they yell Hey Tilly, get me a cup of coffee, er, Java.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was why my sister and I both had short hair--we didn't like our mom brushing it. I don't think it was ever past my shoulders until I was old enough to care for it myself. I was fine with it mostly. It wasn't like I didn't have fair warning. Even in high school and college when it was super long, my mom would ask to play around with my hair and I wouldn't let her.
My mom *says* she gave me fair warning, but I don't remember that at all.

She's always trying to get me to cut Nunu's hair, but Nunu wants it long, no matter how out of control it is at most times. So I let her keep it long <mimishrug>. I certainly don't want her to have the same feelings about me/my hair/my mother that I do!

I recently realized that Lulu has Beyonce hair and Nunu has Solange hair.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Lunchtime and I need to get out of the office, I think. Can't decide if I want Indian or Mexican...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Lunchtime and I need to get out of the office, I think. Can't decide if I want Indian or Mexican...
Indian!

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian!
Sure! I'm craving nachos and she'd rather have curry!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RACE wrote:
They cant ask a question directly can they? I thought they could only ask that he answer (as in presenting a list of questions read by someone other than the jury)
<quoted text>
I think it depends very much on the judge and the jurisdiction. Judges have some leeway. But generally, questions were written down and went through the judge to make sure they were legitimate questions.

But there was other stuff FIJA was about, like telling jurors they have the legal right to use a different sentence than what was outlined by the judge, etc. It varies so much from state to state, but generally, I got the sense that judges like to keep a tight control on their courtrooms, and letting jurors act all rogue makes 'em nervous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I remember reading that in many native american cultures, a "Jury of one's peers" Meant true peers: COusins, neighbors, people who grew up with you. Because who better than they know the kind of person you are, the temper you may have, the fights you get into?

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Well Matilda, I hope you enjoy your lunch, whatever you decide.

I, on the other hand, will not. I got some thai (fried rice) and nowhere on the ingredients list is bean sprouts, but yet my lunch is full of them.

I can't stand bean spouts!!! They look like something a Klingon would eat.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

What is going on wiht all the health issues around here lateley!?!?!?!?! Let's all have a group hug and cry and support each ohter and move on to the victories in life!

<says teh one carrying religious medals aorund with her for inspiration lately>

Jess, hugs to you... you've really had a rough go of things with your family over the last couple of years! You've been a support to the rest of us, so i hope we can be a support to you as well...

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Well Matilda, I hope you enjoy your lunch, whatever you decide.

I, on the other hand, will not. I got some thai (fried rice) and nowhere on the ingredients list is bean sprouts, but yet my lunch is full of them.

I can't stand bean spouts!!! They look like something a Klingon would eat.
Oh, Thai food! I am now craving Pad See Ew, though I will not be able to get any today.

I want to take the boys to dinner tonight, even though we're trying to save money because of the furloughs coming up. I just want to make sure that if my husband calls and says "come see Dziadzia right now" we can get over there right away.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just make Mickey Mouse pancakes or something for dinner :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Lunch was homemade mac n cheese, very good stuff. With a pudding cup. I'm currently pissing off my boss by skipping an "ergonomis" seminar, but hey, I never respoded with an "i'll attend."

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Thai food! I am now craving Pad See Ew, though I will not be able to get any today.
I want to take the boys to dinner tonight, even though we're trying to save money because of the furloughs coming up. I just want to make sure that if my husband calls and says "come see Dziadzia right now" we can get over there right away.
Hmmm, maybe I'll just make Mickey Mouse pancakes or something for dinner :)
I should have gotten that. No bean sprouts!

I wish I could do pancakes for dinner. Lulu doesn't really like them, so it doesn't make sense. I'd just have to cook something else for her little picky butt.
:D

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lunch was homemade mac n cheese, very good stuff. With a pudding cup. I'm currently pissing off my boss by skipping an "ergonomis" seminar, but hey, I never respoded with an "i'll attend."
Fine. If you move wrong and hurt something you'll only have yourself to blame.

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
What is going on wiht all the health issues around here lateley!?!?!?!?!
I'm thinking it's gotta be some type of liberal conspiracy. Keep people panicked and dependent on others and that would further the liberals' agenda.

Think about it....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it depends very much on the judge and the jurisdiction. Judges have some leeway. But generally, questions were written down and went through the judge to make sure they were legitimate questions.
But there was other stuff FIJA was about, like telling jurors they have the legal right to use a different sentence than what was outlined by the judge, etc. It varies so much from state to state, but generally, I got the sense that judges like to keep a tight control on their courtrooms, and letting jurors act all rogue makes 'em nervous.
Which state allows the jury to set the sentence? I thought that was teh judge's job.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
If you are wearing wrist braces around the office or if you taledk at all about your hand problems and what teh doctor said, your boss is ticked because the ergonomics seminar is probably aimed at you.

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Which state allows the jury to set the sentence? I thought that was teh judge's job.
Illinois, for one. I thought that was common practice?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Got a call at 5.30 this morning that they are rushing my FIL to the hospital because he is losing control of his bodily functions. My husband had scheduled the day off to take him to the dr, but today is going to suck :(
Sorry Jess. I will be keeping you and yours in my thoughts.((hug))

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are wearing wrist braces around the office or if you taledk at all about your hand problems and what teh doctor said, your boss is ticked because the ergonomics seminar is probably aimed at you.
I doubt the company orchestrated an entire seminar just for Angela.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Not FOR her, BECAUSE of her.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt the company orchestrated an entire seminar just for Angela.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,741 - 80,760 of97,424
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,071,376
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min baby 48,677
Abby 7-10 5 min Toj 9
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 23 min In Your Face 69
Chicago Democrats a Protected Species on the Na... 24 min bensley reality 2
Amy 7-10 25 min Cass 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,533
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info