|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Granted, I'm not single, but I didn't care that much when I was.
OTOH, I am having the worst hair day since I chopped it all off six weeks ago. I have half a mind to go home and re-wash it on my lunch. But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed. It would be to appease my own OCD tendancies.#firstworldproblems
Haha! Could you just wear a hat after lunch? Seems a lot simpler.

In the beginning of an episode of What Not To Wear when they show the girl running errands in workout clothes or whatever, I'm like... so? She's supposed to dress like June Cleaver to go to the grocery store?

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Mutt, we're really very sorry to bore and depress you with someone else's problems. Jess really should not have inconvenienced you by mentioning her petty little issues. The worst part about it is that it detracts from your consistent, positive, worthwhile contributions. So, so sorry. Dick.
Number one, I never said I was bored or depressed, number two, I also never said people should not inconvenience me with whatever they choose to post, number three, I contribute things people can actually learn from, whereas you just pop in to spout vitriol and pointless comments. So forgive me for posting something that wasn't about someone sick or dying or otherwise meaningless affairs of people I don't even know.

Feel better now that you've dished out your daily dose of nastiness?

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go.
He REALLY WAS TRYING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. He and Jess have an online friendship that goes beyond Topix and she has said before that he's one of the first ones to offer support privately when things are down in the dumps.
Are you going to go after me next for my post about the mucinex and my boss's dog?
You're sexy when you go off on someone.

And you're hot when you post about mucinex and dogs!
:)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! Could you just wear a hat after lunch? Seems a lot simpler.
In the beginning of an episode of What Not To Wear when they show the girl running errands in workout clothes or whatever, I'm like... so? She's supposed to dress like June Cleaver to go to the grocery store?
Yeah, they're always expected to wear $200 jeans and heels when walking the dog or toting three toddlers around. Um...no.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Granted, I'm not single, but I didn't care that much when I was.
Ha! Dickie played that video for the girls and every once and awhile, I'll hear one of them singing "ain't nobody got time fo dat" over and over and over. It's really cute.
Matilda77 wrote:
OTOH, I am having the worst hair day since I chopped it all off six weeks ago. I have half a mind to go home and re-wash it on my lunch. But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed. It would be to appease my own OCD tendancies.#firstworldproblems
Just pretend you're really cold and keep your hat on. Or you could go out and get some of our magic hair potion: club soda in a spray bottle. I don't know how it works, but my hair always looks better after using it.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

It does seem like there's a lot of stuff going on, both here and with my IRL friends right now. I do hope for the best for everybody.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

To be fair, when I read the mutt's post I thought the same thing as Sam.

How about if we try not telling anyone off today.

Naw, probably won't work.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Granted, I'm not single, but I didn't care that much when I was.

OMG, that just made me laugh so hard! Rewash your hair on lunch? Why did my autocorrect want to type tree ash instead of rewash? Ha ha!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Number one, I never said I was bored or depressed, number two, I also never said people should not inconvenience me with whatever they choose to post, number three, I contribute things people can actually learn from, whereas you just pop in to spout vitriol and pointless comments. So forgive me for posting something that wasn't about someone sick or dying or otherwise meaningless affairs of people I don't even know.

Feel better now that you've dished out your daily dose of nastiness?
Stop that! JamWow's response covered all bases. No need to start a fight :P And, I do appreciate you trying to lighten the mood. I was going to ask for people to do that.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

The hat I have with me is far more obnoxious than my actual hair, ha ha. Fake fur, ear flaps, etc. I'll stick with the rat's nest.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, that just made me laugh so hard! Rewash your hair on lunch? Why did my autocorrect want to type tree ash instead of rewash? Ha ha!
The funniest part was the Sweet Brown reference: "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers/hugs. They don't think he had a stroke, but something happened and he is now sedated and requires a breathing tube. They are running tests and I just got back from picking up my sister in law at work and bringing her to get her car (she carpools and gets to work at 6 am). My husband left the house at 6.30 am.

I'll need your help keeping distracted today :)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

You'd think short hair would be easier. I'm kind of rocking what Anne Hathaway has right now. But my flat iron and hairspray have become necessities instead of optional.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
The hat I have with me is far more obnoxious than my actual hair, ha ha. Fake fur, ear flaps, etc. I'll stick with the rat's nest.
I love a good pixie cut! I even went through jmw's friends on FB to try to find you in case you posted a new pic, but no dice. ;)

“Derecho”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed.
You're the ONLY girl? Think maybe they just hired you for office eye candy?

You need to do a better job of looking good for everyone, girl.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go.
He REALLY WAS TRYING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. He and Jess have an online friendship that goes beyond Topix and she has said before that he's one of the first ones to offer support privately when things are down in the dumps.
Are you going to go after me next for my post about the mucinex and my boss's dog?
Sorry, I lost my chart of who has secret, special relationships with each other. Someone shared a distressing situation, to those not in the know his post came off as dismissive. Please send me a guidebook so I don't make the same mistake again.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
You'd think short hair would be easier. I'm kind of rocking what Anne Hathaway has right now. But my flat iron and hairspray have become necessities instead of optional.
Many of my guy friends are fans of the "girls should never have short hair" school of thought. I think some girl look better with shorter hair. Emma Watson is super cute with short hair.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the ONLY girl? Think maybe they just hired you for office eye candy?
You need to do a better job of looking good for everyone, girl.
In my little area of like 15 people, yes. On the floor, hell naw.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I love a good pixie cut! I even went through jmw's friends on FB to try to find you in case you posted a new pic, but no dice. ;)
No, I haven't really crossed the fourth wall. Jam knows my real first name, but I think that's it.

The pixie has forced me to be more girly. I went nuts on etsy buying cute headbands. Today, I've got on this bronze-y one with a steampunk octopus on it. Tried to put in earrings this weekend, but one hole is completely shut.:-/ But so far, nobody has called me 'sir', so that's a plus. Might be the boobs.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I lost my chart of who has secret, special relationships with each other. Someone shared a distressing situation, to those not in the know his post came off as dismissive. Please send me a guidebook so I don't make the same mistake again.
It's not a secret; Toj can probably google in 2 seconds and find the "history" of Jess & Edog's friendship.

You're always looking for a fight with him and it gets old. And yes, I know he likes to yank everyone's chains but you guys play right into it. I laugh it off instead of let everything get to me.

If a stranger had come in here and made light of Jess's news, it would be a whole different story. But we KNOW edog, whether or not each person likes him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,701 - 80,720 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Maverick 808 45,549
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min THE DEBIL 1,072,825
Make 1000$ instantly 2 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 407
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 173,742
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 4 hr wow 1
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 8:58PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••