“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#81807 Mar 6, 2013
The hat I have with me is far more obnoxious than my actual hair, ha ha. Fake fur, ear flaps, etc. I'll stick with the rat's nest.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#81808 Mar 6, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, that just made me laugh so hard! Rewash your hair on lunch? Why did my autocorrect want to type tree ash instead of rewash? Ha ha!
The funniest part was the Sweet Brown reference: "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81809 Mar 6, 2013
Thank you everyone for your support and prayers/hugs. They don't think he had a stroke, but something happened and he is now sedated and requires a breathing tube. They are running tests and I just got back from picking up my sister in law at work and bringing her to get her car (she carpools and gets to work at 6 am). My husband left the house at 6.30 am.

I'll need your help keeping distracted today :)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81810 Mar 6, 2013
You'd think short hair would be easier. I'm kind of rocking what Anne Hathaway has right now. But my flat iron and hairspray have become necessities instead of optional.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81811 Mar 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
The hat I have with me is far more obnoxious than my actual hair, ha ha. Fake fur, ear flaps, etc. I'll stick with the rat's nest.
I love a good pixie cut! I even went through jmw's friends on FB to try to find you in case you posted a new pic, but no dice. ;)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#81812 Mar 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed.
You're the ONLY girl? Think maybe they just hired you for office eye candy?

You need to do a better job of looking good for everyone, girl.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81813 Mar 6, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go.
He REALLY WAS TRYING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. He and Jess have an online friendship that goes beyond Topix and she has said before that he's one of the first ones to offer support privately when things are down in the dumps.
Are you going to go after me next for my post about the mucinex and my boss's dog?
Sorry, I lost my chart of who has secret, special relationships with each other. Someone shared a distressing situation, to those not in the know his post came off as dismissive. Please send me a guidebook so I don't make the same mistake again.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Chicago, IL

#81814 Mar 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
You'd think short hair would be easier. I'm kind of rocking what Anne Hathaway has right now. But my flat iron and hairspray have become necessities instead of optional.
Many of my guy friends are fans of the "girls should never have short hair" school of thought. I think some girl look better with shorter hair. Emma Watson is super cute with short hair.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81815 Mar 6, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the ONLY girl? Think maybe they just hired you for office eye candy?
You need to do a better job of looking good for everyone, girl.
In my little area of like 15 people, yes. On the floor, hell naw.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81816 Mar 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I love a good pixie cut! I even went through jmw's friends on FB to try to find you in case you posted a new pic, but no dice. ;)
No, I haven't really crossed the fourth wall. Jam knows my real first name, but I think that's it.

The pixie has forced me to be more girly. I went nuts on etsy buying cute headbands. Today, I've got on this bronze-y one with a steampunk octopus on it. Tried to put in earrings this weekend, but one hole is completely shut.:-/ But so far, nobody has called me 'sir', so that's a plus. Might be the boobs.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81817 Mar 6, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I lost my chart of who has secret, special relationships with each other. Someone shared a distressing situation, to those not in the know his post came off as dismissive. Please send me a guidebook so I don't make the same mistake again.
It's not a secret; Toj can probably google in 2 seconds and find the "history" of Jess & Edog's friendship.

You're always looking for a fight with him and it gets old. And yes, I know he likes to yank everyone's chains but you guys play right into it. I laugh it off instead of let everything get to me.

If a stranger had come in here and made light of Jess's news, it would be a whole different story. But we KNOW edog, whether or not each person likes him.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Chicago, IL

#81818 Mar 6, 2013
So this is facsinating to me. Working from home, I have had CNN on in the background, and they have been talking about the Jody Arias trial (the woman who shot and stabbed her bf 27 times). The trial testimony has been very salacious, but the really interesting part is that in Arizona (where the trial is) the jury gets to ask the witness questions. That would be awesome.

Miami, FL

#81819 Mar 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I'm jealous; I'd look like a lesbian with that haircut. Not a lipstick one, either.

My friend K had a super short pixie-ish cut for awhile and I loved it. She has dark hair like Anne too.

Miami, FL

#81820 Mar 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! She and I haven't taken our relationship to the Facebook level. Yet. I'm still wooing....
;)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81821 Mar 6, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of my guy friends are fans of the "girls should never have short hair" school of thought. I think some girl look better with shorter hair. Emma Watson is super cute with short hair.
I'm sure I won't keep it like this forever. It grows soooo fast (I know, again, such an awful problem). But this is definitely the shortest it's been since I was like 8. I think J prefers it longer, but he won't say so.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81822 Mar 6, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I lost my chart of who has secret, special relationships with each other. Someone shared a distressing situation, to those not in the know his post came off as dismissive. Please send me a guidebook so I don't make the same mistake again.
The problem with reading posts online is that you can't hear tone.

I read his original post as offensive because I read it with a light tone, which apparently was the manner it was intended. Because you couldn't hear it, it came across heavier and ruder to you. I don't think that this is about secret friendships, though the fact that we know each other well may help with understanding the intentions.

It also may be that I generally assume that everyone writes with the best of intentions, unless I am in a particularly bad mood (which I am not today).

I don't want to be the cause of arguments, when my friends are just trying to be supportive - all of you. Thank you for your kind words today.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81823 Mar 6, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with reading posts online is that you can't hear tone.

I read his original post as offensive because I read it with a light tone, which apparently was the manner it was intended. Because you couldn't hear it, it came across heavier and ruder to you. I don't think that this is about secret friendships, though the fact that we know each other well may help with understanding the intentions.

It also may be that I generally assume that everyone writes with the best of intentions, unless I am in a particularly bad mood (which I am not today).

I don't want to be the cause of arguments, when my friends are just trying to be supportive - all of you. Thank you for your kind words today.
*didn't read his original post as offensive... Oops!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81824 Mar 6, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
So this is facsinating to me. Working from home, I have had CNN on in the background, and they have been talking about the Jody Arias trial (the woman who shot and stabbed her bf 27 times). The trial testimony has been very salacious, but the really interesting part is that in Arizona (where the trial is) the jury gets to ask the witness questions. That would be awesome.
First question "Are you nucking futs?" Wait...that's rhetorical.

It's been an interesting trial. She remembers the most minute details about everything except, you know, stabbing the guy 27 times with no provocation and shooting him in the face and leaving him there to rot.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81825 Mar 6, 2013
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/hudson-f...

Khrap. I only know a first name right now and that he was a hockey player. Not sure if I know him personally, but this is quite a blow for our community.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#81826 Mar 6, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm jealous; I'd look like a lesbian with that haircut. Not a lipstick one, either.
My friend K had a super short pixie-ish cut for awhile and I loved it. She has dark hair like Anne too.
I've been toying with the idea of going back to a pixie cut, but I always come back to the fact that my mom has a short cut and Dickie thinks I look too much like her when my hair is short. Not good. And she believes that "women of a certain age" (read over 25) should not have long hair. It's too sexy or something, so having long hair is sort of an eff you from me to her.

Lulu was telling me about a boy in her class yesterday who has long hair (her's is short), and that some 2nd grader in the hall called him a girl. She got a big kick out of that, since a substitute teacher called her a boy once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min John Galt 1,115,587
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Who 47,067
Minimum Wage and Unemployment Model 1 hr Goh 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 50,063
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 4 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]