|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I was smiling within 5 seconds. Makes me want to break out my old NIN CD....
NiN was Chris' favorite band... Valentines day, for some reason, my niece (not the one who lives with me, a different one) sent me a NiN video. Made me cry and smile at the same time.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Got a call at 5.30 this morning that they are rushing my FIL to the hospital because he is losing control of his bodily functions. My husband had scheduled the day off to take him to the dr, but today is going to suck :(

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Got a call at 5.30 this morning that they are rushing my FIL to the hospital because he is losing control of his bodily functions. My husband had scheduled the day off to take him to the dr, but today is going to suck :(
Sorry, Jess. Be strong and I'll be praying for you.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Hey Jess, sorry to hear about your FIL.

How did the rest of you fare the blizzard?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I didn't get an opportunity to thank you for your hugs yesterday.

Now I have the opportunity to do something better.

(((((((Jess)))))))

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Sorry, Jess. :(

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I look at it, if I meet someone looking my worst; sweats, no makeup, ponytail because I didn't have time to screw with it because i NEED coffee BAD, and they still want to talk to me, it can only get better from there. <nod nod>
Word.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Aw Jess, I'm so sorry.:(

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Sorry, Jess.

:(

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Sorry to hear that Jess :(

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
We're with you kid. One day at a time.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
mine was 92, adn they never talked surgery and brushed off chemo. The surgery would have killed her adn the chemo would have been just... too... much.... they were talking a bit about "palliative radiation" that would shrink her tumors and slow the progression some. she didn't want that eihter (i think because she didn't like the radiologist). she made that decision and was fine with it. in the end, she agreed to hospice, and it was her decision. as long as she was happy, we were fine iwth it.
if she's near chicago, have the family look into Rainbow HOspice. PM me if you want more info. aside from sending a rabbi chaplain to a catholic nursing home, we;ve been very happy iwht them. and the rabbi is just a puzzlement, not bad...
She was born and raised in Chicago and lived there with my Grandpa until the early 80s. They moved a few hours away from Chicago, but thanks so much for the offer and all your advice. That's very sweet of you.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I'm sorry your family is going through this. It's good your husband is able to be there.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Everything is fine. Nobody I know is sick or in the hospital. I'm not depressed. I'm not broken-hearted. I have no family drama going on. And I've had a craving for nachos lately.

(Just thought I should change things up a bit; this thread is getting depressing.)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

I'm high on Mucinex and the company president's dog just ran by my office. Unrelated observations; other people see the dog too.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Everything is fine. Nobody I know is sick or in the hospital. I'm not depressed. I'm not broken-hearted. I have no family drama going on. And I've had a craving for nachos lately.
(Just thought I should change things up a bit; this thread is getting depressing.)
Gee, Mutt, we're really very sorry to bore and depress you with someone else's problems. Jess really should not have inconvenienced you by mentioning her petty little issues. The worst part about it is that it detracts from your consistent, positive, worthwhile contributions. So, so sorry. Dick.

Jess, I apologize for Mutt, he knows not what he does. Good luck.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh.
She takes that philosophy to the extreme, whereas I will run to Starbucks, Target, etc. in sweat pants and no makeup.
Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Granted, I'm not single, but I didn't care that much when I was.

OTOH, I am having the worst hair day since I chopped it all off six weeks ago. I have half a mind to go home and re-wash it on my lunch. But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed. It would be to appease my own OCD tendancies.#firstworldproblems

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Mutt, we're really very sorry to bore and depress you with someone else's problems. Jess really should not have inconvenienced you by mentioning her petty little issues. The worst part about it is that it detracts from your consistent, positive, worthwhile contributions. So, so sorry. Dick.
Jess, I apologize for Mutt, he knows not what he does. Good luck.
Oh, here we go.

He REALLY WAS TRYING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. He and Jess have an online friendship that goes beyond Topix and she has said before that he's one of the first ones to offer support privately when things are down in the dumps.

Are you going to go after me next for my post about the mucinex and my boss's dog?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Granted, I'm not single, but I didn't care that much when I was.
OTOH, I am having the worst hair day since I chopped it all off six weeks ago. I have half a mind to go home and re-wash it on my lunch. But I work with nothing but dudes, so I'm sure they haven't even noticed. It would be to appease my own OCD tendancies.#firstworldproblems
Haha! Could you just wear a hat after lunch? Seems a lot simpler.

In the beginning of an episode of What Not To Wear when they show the girl running errands in workout clothes or whatever, I'm like... so? She's supposed to dress like June Cleaver to go to the grocery store?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,082,383
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dale 174,964
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,408
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 47 min skwirts 3,835
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,847
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 7 hr Sublime1 16
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000