Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.
Back on point- unexpected pregnancies are rough. I hope teh existing kids don't get wind of it-they will make teh future sibling's life very unhappy with a couple ill placed comments.Grownups can be trusted to at least call it an oops baby
I'm thinking of trying the diet. It'd basically be what I had been doing periodically but cutting out dairy. I was totally "the fat friend" this weekend. Not that I'm ginormous, but all three of my friends are beanpoles. And at least 6 inches taller than me, which doesn't help. I could stand to drop 20.

She's going to wait until she can compose herself reasonably before telling the kids--she doesn't want them to think that's how they reacted before they were born. I know she'll embrace it, it's just going to take time.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Where's Ang?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. I don't blame her either.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday for my final Lasik follow up, and the room was FULL of people age 70+. It made me miss all my grandparents so much, I actually teared up.
We are lucky people, those of us who got to enjoy them in to our adulthoods.
I have moments like this too, where I miss my grandmother so much I tear up. She lived with us for almost all of my childhood so we were really close.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, sub.... so sorry to hear that! i missed some of your story about it over the weekend, but i know that you are fond of her... having just walked down a path like this, let me know if there is anything i can do to help or insights to share.
i missed it, where does she live?
`
and yes, i just gacked a little, myself, at how i phrased taht, but, hey, it works.
Thanks, AS. She lives up in IL not too far from my folks.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Sub)))
That sucks and I know that being far away makes it even harder :( Are you planning a trip to see her anytime soon?
I will talk to Bambi tonight. I will have to go see her one more time. It is hard because Bambi works Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights and has class on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I may only be able to fly up on a Saturday and fly home on a Sunday. Her mom is coming out here at the end of the month, but I'm not sure I have that long.

I guess there is the possibility they could do some sort of surgery on her, but she doesn't want chemo or radiation. Right now we don't know if surgery is an option.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

On top of all that one of my favorite uncles (who is married to my grandma's daughter) has had about 6 strokes going back to the fall. I've spent many nights with him and my aunt at the tables in Vegas drinking until the early morning. The stories they had to tell...

Now my aunt has to deal with her mother dying too.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.
On top of all that one of my favorite uncles (who is married to my grandma's daughter) has had about 6 strokes going back to the fall. I've spent many nights with him and my aunt at the tables in Vegas drinking until the early morning. The stories they had to tell...
Now my aunt has to deal with her mother dying too.
So sorry to hear all of this Sub. Pretty much all the corny stuff everyone else said. Here, I'm gonna hug you now...((())) just don't get too used to it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Just looked through a FB friend's pictures of her trip to Italy... I'm jealous. At least I have Vegas in two weeks!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Hey, chicago, you gonna get blizzarded again?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
My grandma has stomach cancer.:(:(:(.
She doesn't want to treat it. I don't blame her. It's just sad...
I am sorry to hear that. Is your family supporting her decision?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

RACE wrote:
Jealous?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sub, Sorry about your grandma and the illnesses within your family.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

About the snow -- can the idiots on the news be any more hyped up? I mean, this IS Chicago. It certainly is not unusualy to get snow during the winter.

That said,I hope they're wrong and we get like 2-3 feet of snow. I've got plenty of food at home and can use a day off. Just let me get home tonight, first.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Not even a little bit.
Will you get out of work early? yanno, so you can freeze your but off cleaning your car, maybe get some slush inside your shoes....
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

RACE wrote:
Ours is melting as soon as it hits the ground. Sorta pretty, though.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry to hear that. Is your family supporting her decision?
Yes, we all understand and support her. She's almost 93 and the chemo or radiation will likely kill her before it cures her.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Toj wrote:
About the snow -- can the idiots on the news be any more hyped up? I mean, this IS Chicago. It certainly is not unusualy to get snow during the winter.
That said,I hope they're wrong and we get like 2-3 feet of snow. I've got plenty of food at home and can use a day off. Just let me get home tonight, first.
Working from home today. Fire going, snow falling, nice music in the background, and enjoying that I will have no part of the evening commute. Quite a nice day, apart from actually having to get some work done.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

It feels like Friday. I'm a little disappointed every time I realize that it is only Tuesday (it IS Tuesday, right?).

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
It feels like Friday. I'm a little disappointed every time I realize that it is only Tuesday (it IS Tuesday, right?).
Yes, Tuesday.

I need to find warm black dress pants tonight. I have a $50 gift card that says I will! Our weather here has been chilly but we can wear jeans to work so it's no big deal, but Vegas' weather is looking very similar and while I could get away with jeans for the conference, I'd rather not. So my mission tonight is black pants and a jacket/blazer that is warm enough but will travel well.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous?
Hey- welcome aboard!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,079,656
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min obama 48,890
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 1 hr loose cannon 19
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,554
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,371
Abby 7-24 2 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000