“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81765 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
and just think of how little clothing you would need to wear...
<quoted text>
And we know exactly what race is thinking about

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81766 Mar 5, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd freeze to death here. I'm ok mostly, but I'm acclimated now. It took years for me to get used to it though. My niece, here from OK for a year and a half still shivers standing outside while I am sleeveless.
OTOH, I would DIE in FL, so much humidity. Nope, I would have to have a boat on the water.
I know I would. I can handle visits to cold places, but thinking about gray skies and single digit temps for months on end makes me sad.

I'm usually not THAT concerned with what I wear to this conference. I mean, I look nice and all but I don't put a lot of thought into it. But it's in Vegas, and I'm single now... as my friend L says, you never know you're going to meet.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81767 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me fat, that's what you get!
;)
Only peoplewho call you fat can bite you? What do you have to do for a nibble?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#81768 Mar 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Ok, since we're talking about medical stuff today, I'll add my stuff. E and I just got back from visiting my in-laws for the afternoon and I don't know how much longer my FIL has. He was diagnosed with CMMoL almost a year and a half ago, after the doctors ignored his symptoms for several months (they were more concerned with the stents that needed to be put in and required very complicated surgery). He now weighs less than 140 lbs (5'11" tall) and has no appetite. He is so weak that he needs a walker and he has started developing bed sores.
My husband is also facing furloughs as a result of the sequestration, so he is stressed and barely sleeping.
My Grandmother asked me today if I would go to the cemetery with her and my Aunt on March 18 and I said no. It is almost 2hours away, my kids have school that day and I refuse to let my Dad's bday to become a day of mourning. I'll celebrate my Grandfather's life on his birthday in August, not by crying over a stone.
Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.
and hugs to you too... good for you for standing your ground on how you wish to observe significant dates.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#81769 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
...you never know you're going to meet.
Seigfried and Roy?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#81770 Mar 5, 2013
heh heh...
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> And we know exactly what race is thinking about

Miami, FL

#81771 Mar 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Only peoplewho call you fat can bite you? What do you have to do for a nibble?
Oh boy, I really walked into this one....

#81772 Mar 5, 2013
Not fat...Curvy!
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me fat, that's what you get!
;)

Miami, FL

#81773 Mar 5, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seigfried and Roy?
Heh.

She takes that philosophy to the extreme, whereas I will run to Starbucks, Target, etc. in sweat pants and no makeup.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#81774 Mar 5, 2013
Call Me Maybe + Head Like a Hole =

http://kottke.org/13/03/call-me-maybe-mashed-...

and the secret number is 6266

West Palm Beach, FL

#81775 Mar 5, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Call Me Maybe + Head Like a Hole =
http://kottke.org/13/03/call-me-maybe-mashed-...
and the secret number is 6266
Ha! I was smiling within 5 seconds. Makes me want to break out my old NIN CD....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81776 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
You can acclimate, and just think of how little clothing you would need to wear...
<quoted text>
Seriously...no one wants to see that. On a related note, my niece who weighs I say pushing 400 pounds (she says 300...uh huh...) was talking about wearing a bikini the other day. I was like "no one would even see it, all they would see is rolls of fat." Actually I thin her boobs are 300 pounds (56 HHH) all by themselves.

Yeah, getting fed up with people in my house...still. Can you tell?

You have AC in the house right? And wine. red wine?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81777 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Not fat...Curvy!
<quoted text>
That's ME!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81778 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh.
She takes that philosophy to the extreme, whereas I will run to Starbucks, Target, etc. in sweat pants and no makeup.
The way I look at it, if I meet someone looking my worst; sweats, no makeup, ponytail because I didn't have time to screw with it because i NEED coffee BAD, and they still want to talk to me, it can only get better from there. <nod nod>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81779 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I was smiling within 5 seconds. Makes me want to break out my old NIN CD....
NiN was Chris' favorite band... Valentines day, for some reason, my niece (not the one who lives with me, a different one) sent me a NiN video. Made me cry and smile at the same time.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81780 Mar 6, 2013
Got a call at 5.30 this morning that they are rushing my FIL to the hospital because he is losing control of his bodily functions. My husband had scheduled the day off to take him to the dr, but today is going to suck :(

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#81781 Mar 6, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#81782 Mar 6, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Got a call at 5.30 this morning that they are rushing my FIL to the hospital because he is losing control of his bodily functions. My husband had scheduled the day off to take him to the dr, but today is going to suck :(
Sorry, Jess. Be strong and I'll be praying for you.

#81783 Mar 6, 2013
Hey Jess, sorry to hear about your FIL.

How did the rest of you fare the blizzard?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81784 Mar 6, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I didn't get an opportunity to thank you for your hugs yesterday.

Now I have the opportunity to do something better.

(((((((Jess)))))))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,205,335
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min Cold Front 69,287
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Jacques Ottawa 185,798
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min OzRitz 52,223
Amy 3-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 16
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Almost amish 71,696
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr CDC 51,840
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]