“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81727 Mar 5, 2013
Hey, chicago, you gonna get blizzarded again?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81728 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
My grandma has stomach cancer.:(:(:(.
She doesn't want to treat it. I don't blame her. It's just sad...
I am sorry to hear that. Is your family supporting her decision?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#81729 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Jealous?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81730 Mar 5, 2013
Sub, Sorry about your grandma and the illnesses within your family.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#81731 Mar 5, 2013
About the snow -- can the idiots on the news be any more hyped up? I mean, this IS Chicago. It certainly is not unusualy to get snow during the winter.

That said,I hope they're wrong and we get like 2-3 feet of snow. I've got plenty of food at home and can use a day off. Just let me get home tonight, first.

Neda, stay with me!

#81732 Mar 5, 2013
Not even a little bit.
Will you get out of work early? yanno, so you can freeze your but off cleaning your car, maybe get some slush inside your shoes....
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#81733 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ours is melting as soon as it hits the ground. Sorta pretty, though.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#81734 Mar 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry to hear that. Is your family supporting her decision?
Yes, we all understand and support her. She's almost 93 and the chemo or radiation will likely kill her before it cures her.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81735 Mar 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
About the snow -- can the idiots on the news be any more hyped up? I mean, this IS Chicago. It certainly is not unusualy to get snow during the winter.
That said,I hope they're wrong and we get like 2-3 feet of snow. I've got plenty of food at home and can use a day off. Just let me get home tonight, first.
Working from home today. Fire going, snow falling, nice music in the background, and enjoying that I will have no part of the evening commute. Quite a nice day, apart from actually having to get some work done.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81736 Mar 5, 2013
It feels like Friday. I'm a little disappointed every time I realize that it is only Tuesday (it IS Tuesday, right?).

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81737 Mar 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
It feels like Friday. I'm a little disappointed every time I realize that it is only Tuesday (it IS Tuesday, right?).
Yes, Tuesday.

I need to find warm black dress pants tonight. I have a $50 gift card that says I will! Our weather here has been chilly but we can wear jeans to work so it's no big deal, but Vegas' weather is looking very similar and while I could get away with jeans for the conference, I'd rather not. So my mission tonight is black pants and a jacket/blazer that is warm enough but will travel well.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81738 Mar 5, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous?
Hey- welcome aboard!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#81739 Mar 5, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Working from home today. Fire going, snow falling, nice music in the background, and enjoying that I will have no part of the evening commute. Quite a nice day, apart from actually having to get some work done.
You know it's going to be good, packing snow.

What I really want to do tonight is get my snow clothes on and make a bunch of snowman up and down the driveway -- ala Calvin & Hobbes. It would be fun. I live on sort of a main road in town.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#81740 Mar 5, 2013
NOW it's sticking. I probably should have parked in the parking garage.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#81741 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Tuesday.
I need to find warm black dress pants tonight. I have a $50 gift card that says I will! Our weather here has been chilly but we can wear jeans to work so it's no big deal, but Vegas' weather is looking very similar and while I could get away with jeans for the conference, I'd rather not. So my mission tonight is black pants and a jacket/blazer that is warm enough but will travel well.
I have a pair of ponte knit pants in charcoal that are warm and look nice. At least I think so.:)

When's your conference?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#81742 Mar 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
If I had magical powers, I would MAKE this Friday.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#81743 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Not even a little bit.
Will you get out of work early? yanno, so you can freeze your but off cleaning your car, maybe get some slush inside your shoes....
<quoted text>
I'm retired, don't have to go anywhere. Car's in the garage and the snowblower has electric start. Life is good.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#81744 Mar 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Hey- welcome aboard!
I just noticed my dog was gone. Didn't realize that when I used CCcleaner it wiped out my sign in.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81745 Mar 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's going to be good, packing snow.
What I really want to do tonight is get my snow clothes on and make a bunch of snowman up and down the driveway -- ala Calvin & Hobbes. It would be fun. I live on sort of a main road in town.
I was just thinking the same thing. I was actually looking at those cartoons yesterday. I like the one where he makes it look like a snowman is being chased by sharks.

Neda, stay with me!

#81746 Mar 5, 2013
LOL, almost! You cant go boating today, I can.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm retired, don't have to go anywhere. Car's in the garage and the snowblower has electric start. Life is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 69,497
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min woodtick57 1,115,130
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min D-U-H 50,041
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Earthling-1 47,007
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,586
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]