FB? WTF FB?
Camera, Nikon d7000 300mm lens
Calendar? Why?
Alarm clock? Why?
Magazines, nope, dont get any.
weather app, ok.
Music? I rarely listen, but around the house I use my stereo
ESBN, I might.
Since I put all my pics on an external hard drive, I really cant store my pics on the tablet, but I was hoping to use picasa to edit them on the memory card them move them onto the external drive later. thats why I wanted to know about external inputs.
so were up to
email
recipies
topix
angry birds
weather
picasa
crapper games
Hard to justify the purchase for just these, but I guess I only wanted it for inet access anyway, which is even less justification.
<quoted text>
The news papers block you after 2 articles ( or 5 articles) because tehy track your device. My brother suggested running CCCleaner dot com which removes the tracking counters, so that the paper thinks you are new again. I haven't tried it. I pay for NYTimes. I get enough of Tribune and WaPo doesn'y have a wall yet. WSJ doesn't give you freebies as far as I know..

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>She had been having all kinds of health problems related to diet, so she's essentially doing paleo (meat and veggies, no sugar, no carbs, no dairy) and doesn't drink anymore (it was awesome to have a permanent DD the whole weekend). I *thought* she was drinking coffee in the mornings, but I guess it was decaf tea. Plus, since being on that diet, she's probably down 15 lbs since I saw her last, and she was already thin.

I said so many stupid things in retrospect, before I knew "Oh, are you going back to work after #3 starts kindergarten?" I even joked about a fourth kid with a similar name because all three existing kids have matchy-matchy names. Ugh, foot in mouth. She was just bawling when she told us.:(
That's rough - both the pregnancy and the restricted diet. Pregnancy would not have prevented her from drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, though the smell does get to many pregnant women.

It was probably a little more overwhelming for her at the end of the trip because she had such a fun adult only weekend and she now had to go back to reality.

How is her husband handling the news?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rough - both the pregnancy and the restricted diet. Pregnancy would not have prevented her from drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, though the smell does get to many pregnant women.
It was probably a little more overwhelming for her at the end of the trip because she had such a fun adult only weekend and she now had to go back to reality.
Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.

Back on point- unexpected pregnancies are rough. I hope teh existing kids don't get wind of it-they will make teh future sibling's life very unhappy with a couple ill placed comments.Grownups can be trusted to at least call it an oops baby

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thats the thing, I dont want an expensive toy I wont use enough. So I am trying to think of what else (besides topix) I will use it for.
<quoted text>
My nephew(s) really like the Kindle Fire. I've never tried it, so I can't recommend it, but they are very happy with them. <shrug>
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The news papers block you after 2 articles ( or 5 articles) because tehy track your device. My brother suggested running CCCleaner dot com which removes the tracking counters, so that the paper thinks you are new again. I haven't tried it. I pay for NYTimes. I get enough of Tribune and WaPo doesn'y have a wall yet. WSJ doesn't give you freebies as far as I know..
CCcleaner doesn't work for the Trib. I have a yahoo address for shopping and I had to start a gmail one for the tablet. So I used the gmail on the tablet and will try the yahoo one sometime. I do know that the cleaner won't remove the tracker. Won't work on the Sun Times either.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.

Back on point- unexpected pregnancies are rough. I hope teh existing kids don't get wind of it-they will make teh future sibling's life very unhappy with a couple ill placed comments.Grownups can be trusted to at least call it an oops baby
I tried a similar diet once, not as a "diet", but as part of a healthy lifestyle change. It made me miserable, but I comfort eat and having to think that much of what I should and shouldn't eat was the problem.

I'm glad it's working for you :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried a similar diet once, not as a "diet", but as part of a healthy lifestyle change. It made me miserable, but I comfort eat and having to think that much of what I should and shouldn't eat was the problem.
I'm glad it's working for you :)
I nibble. I have spent teh last two months eating a lot of sugar snap pease, grape tomatoes, blueberries, sliced red peppers etc

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

My grandma has stomach cancer.:(:(:(.
She doesn't want to treat it. I don't blame her. It's just sad...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
oh, sub.... so sorry to hear that! i missed some of your story about it over the weekend, but i know that you are fond of her... having just walked down a path like this, let me know if there is anything i can do to help or insights to share.

i missed it, where does she live?
`
and yes, i just gacked a little, myself, at how i phrased taht, but, hey, it works.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
(((Sub)))

That sucks and I know that being far away makes it even harder :( Are you planning a trip to see her anytime soon?
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Aw, Sub....
:(

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
I am so sorry. Treasure your memories.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sorry to hear that Sub. I hope it's not too difficult for her not to deal with. Aw crap, even saying that sounds corny.
yeah, it sucks.
Sublime1 wrote:

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, man.

Just support her in her decision; my gram did something similar and it was liberating to her that no one fought it. It allowed her to go in *her* way.

<hug>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. I don't blame her either.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday for my final Lasik follow up, and the room was FULL of people age 70+. It made me miss all my grandparents so much, I actually teared up.

We are lucky people, those of us who got to enjoy them in to our adulthoods.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
He's apparently not freaking out on the level she is. He was busy crunching numbers "We can afford it!" and all this and she's like "It's not really about the money..." But considering he was fine with just the first two, and she had to argue for the third, I'm sure he's not doing backflips or anything.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.
I'm thinking of trying the diet. It'd basically be what I had been doing periodically but cutting out dairy. I was totally "the fat friend" this weekend. Not that I'm ginormous, but all three of my friends are beanpoles. And at least 6 inches taller than me, which doesn't help. I could stand to drop 20.

She's going to wait until she can compose herself reasonably before telling the kids--she doesn't want them to think that's how they reacted before they were born. I know she'll embrace it, it's just going to take time.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Where's Ang?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. I don't blame her either.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday for my final Lasik follow up, and the room was FULL of people age 70+. It made me miss all my grandparents so much, I actually teared up.
We are lucky people, those of us who got to enjoy them in to our adulthoods.
I have moments like this too, where I miss my grandmother so much I tear up. She lived with us for almost all of my childhood so we were really close.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,621 - 80,640 of96,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,034,859
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,280
Abby 4-21 14 min ScarletandOlive 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Religionthebiglie 47,098
Cook County issues 1,000th gay marriage license 18 min BackTrack 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Mothra 43,054
Amy 4-21 39 min Pippa 5
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance