“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#81744 Mar 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Hey- welcome aboard!
I just noticed my dog was gone. Didn't realize that when I used CCcleaner it wiped out my sign in.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81745 Mar 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's going to be good, packing snow.
What I really want to do tonight is get my snow clothes on and make a bunch of snowman up and down the driveway -- ala Calvin & Hobbes. It would be fun. I live on sort of a main road in town.
I was just thinking the same thing. I was actually looking at those cartoons yesterday. I like the one where he makes it look like a snowman is being chased by sharks.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81746 Mar 5, 2013
LOL, almost! You cant go boating today, I can.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm retired, don't have to go anywhere. Car's in the garage and the snowblower has electric start. Life is good.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81747 Mar 5, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just thinking the same thing. I was actually looking at those cartoons yesterday. I like the one where he makes it look like a snowman is being chased by sharks.
That one is good. Here, go down memory lane: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.htm...

I'd love to do the Repent ones. It's suppose to be in the 40s by week's end so they'll start melting on Thursday.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81748 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Tuesday.
I need to find warm black dress pants tonight. I have a $50 gift card that says I will! Our weather here has been chilly but we can wear jeans to work so it's no big deal, but Vegas' weather is looking very similar and while I could get away with jeans for the conference, I'd rather not. So my mission tonight is black pants and a jacket/blazer that is warm enough but will travel well.
Talbot's. Reliable, basic, good quality, covers lots of sizes and sometimes has good stuff on sale.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#81749 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
LOL, almost! You cant go boating today, I can.
<quoted text>
That's true, from someone who's been behind the wheel of boats since before you were born. I do miss that in the winter. Two Ski Nautiques in the family now and my son is buying a sailboat for Lake Michigan.

Did you see on Yahoo about the guy who was watching TV news and saw his yacht aground and 3 people refusing rescue. Turns out they stole it.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#81750 Mar 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That one is good. Here, go down memory lane: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.htm...
I'd love to do the Repent ones. It's suppose to be in the 40s by week's end so they'll start melting on Thursday.
Excellent.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#81751 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we all understand and support her. She's almost 93 and the chemo or radiation will likely kill her before it cures her.
mine was 92, adn they never talked surgery and brushed off chemo. The surgery would have killed her adn the chemo would have been just... too... much.... they were talking a bit about "palliative radiation" that would shrink her tumors and slow the progression some. she didn't want that eihter (i think because she didn't like the radiologist). she made that decision and was fine with it. in the end, she agreed to hospice, and it was her decision. as long as she was happy, we were fine iwth it.

if she's near chicago, have the family look into Rainbow HOspice. PM me if you want more info. aside from sending a rabbi chaplain to a catholic nursing home, we;ve been very happy iwht them. and the rabbi is just a puzzlement, not bad...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81752 Mar 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a pair of ponte knit pants in charcoal that are warm and look nice. At least I think so.:)
When's your conference?
I fly out on the 16th and back on the 20th. I'm always cold anyway. Last year's was in Dallas and the pants I wore have shrunk in the wash since then.

Neda, stay with me!

#81753 Mar 5, 2013
Yeah, ice cream does that to clothes...
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I fly out on the 16th and back on the 20th. I'm always cold anyway. Last year's was in Dallas and the pants I wore have shrunk in the wash since then.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81754 Mar 5, 2013
Ok, since we're talking about medical stuff today, I'll add my stuff. E and I just got back from visiting my in-laws for the afternoon and I don't know how much longer my FIL has. He was diagnosed with CMMoL almost a year and a half ago, after the doctors ignored his symptoms for several months (they were more concerned with the stents that needed to be put in and required very complicated surgery). He now weighs less than 140 lbs (5'11" tall) and has no appetite. He is so weak that he needs a walker and he has started developing bed sores.

My husband is also facing furloughs as a result of the sequestration, so he is stressed and barely sleeping.

My Grandmother asked me today if I would go to the cemetery with her and my Aunt on March 18 and I said no. It is almost 2hours away, my kids have school that day and I refuse to let my Dad's bday to become a day of mourning. I'll celebrate my Grandfather's life on his birthday in August, not by crying over a stone.

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81755 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It gets cold in Vegas? Who knew. Last time I was there, it was so hot, and this is not an exaggeration, my sunglasses got so hot WHILE I WAS WEARING THEM, that they began to burn my face. In good ole FLA, that only happens if they've been sitting inside your locked car with the sun beating down and you pick them up and immediately put them on your face.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81756 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does.

Typed as I consume a yummy burger with goat cheese.

I'm home again today; had to make a kinda emergency doctor appointment. I've been wheezing and having trouble breathing lately, but Sunday night Dickie woke me up because my wheezing had woken him up so it was time to find out wtf is wrong with me.

Doc thinks it's asthma. I'm afraid it's something worse; we'll see what the xrays have to say.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81757 Mar 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it does.

Typed as I consume a yummy burger with goat cheese.

I'm home again today; had to make a kinda emergency doctor appointment. I've been wheezing and having trouble breathing lately, but Sunday night Dickie woke me up because my wheezing had woken him up so it was time to find out wtf is wrong with me.

Doc thinks it's asthma. I'm afraid it's something worse; we'll see what the xrays have to say.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

(((Squishy)))

Miami, FL

#81758 Mar 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. If I'd gained weight, the last place I'd lie about it is here.

Miami, FL

#81759 Mar 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It gets cold in Vegas? Who knew. Last time I was there, it was so hot, and this is not an exaggeration, my sunglasses got so hot WHILE I WAS WEARING THEM, that they began to burn my face. In good ole FLA, that only happens if they've been sitting inside your locked car with the sun beating down and you pick them up and immediately put them on your face.
It's highs in the low 70s, lows in the 40s-50s there now. I know I won't be outside much but the conference centers - whatever city they're in - are usually chilly to me.

Neda, stay with me!

#81760 Mar 5, 2013
Ouch!
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. If I'd gained weight, the last place I'd lie about it is here.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81761 Mar 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It gets cold in Vegas? Who knew. Last time I was there, it was so hot, and this is not an exaggeration, my sunglasses got so hot WHILE I WAS WEARING THEM, that they began to burn my face. In good ole FLA, that only happens if they've been sitting inside your locked car with the sun beating down and you pick them up and immediately put them on your face.
Yes, yes it does. It gets really freaking cold in the winter. I've been there when it snowed. Remember, the desert doesn't hold the heat which is why even though it may have been 120 in the middle of the day, it might be like 80-ish at night. I loved living in Vegas, except for the people. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#81762 Mar 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It's highs in the low 70s, lows in the 40s-50s there now. I know I won't be outside much but the conference centers - whatever city they're in - are usually chilly to me.
You'd freeze to death here. I'm ok mostly, but I'm acclimated now. It took years for me to get used to it though. My niece, here from OK for a year and a half still shivers standing outside while I am sleeveless.

OTOH, I would DIE in FL, so much humidity. Nope, I would have to have a boat on the water.

Neda, stay with me!

#81763 Mar 5, 2013
You can acclimate, and just think of how little clothing you would need to wear...
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd freeze to death here. I'm ok mostly, but I'm acclimated now. It took years for me to get used to it though. My niece, here from OK for a year and a half still shivers standing outside while I am sleeveless.
OTOH, I would DIE in FL, so much humidity. Nope, I would have to have a boat on the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,155,507
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,186
Chicago Pizza Blows 1 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 2 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr festivus infidel 68,906
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports