“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81704 Mar 4, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rough - both the pregnancy and the restricted diet. Pregnancy would not have prevented her from drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, though the smell does get to many pregnant women.
It was probably a little more overwhelming for her at the end of the trip because she had such a fun adult only weekend and she now had to go back to reality.
How is her husband handling the news?
Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.

Back on point- unexpected pregnancies are rough. I hope teh existing kids don't get wind of it-they will make teh future sibling's life very unhappy with a couple ill placed comments.Grownups can be trusted to at least call it an oops baby

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#81705 Mar 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thats the thing, I dont want an expensive toy I wont use enough. So I am trying to think of what else (besides topix) I will use it for.
<quoted text>
My nephew(s) really like the Kindle Fire. I've never tried it, so I can't recommend it, but they are very happy with them. <shrug>
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#81706 Mar 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The news papers block you after 2 articles ( or 5 articles) because tehy track your device. My brother suggested running CCCleaner dot com which removes the tracking counters, so that the paper thinks you are new again. I haven't tried it. I pay for NYTimes. I get enough of Tribune and WaPo doesn'y have a wall yet. WSJ doesn't give you freebies as far as I know..
CCcleaner doesn't work for the Trib. I have a yahoo address for shopping and I had to start a gmail one for the tablet. So I used the gmail on the tablet and will try the yahoo one sometime. I do know that the cleaner won't remove the tracker. Won't work on the Sun Times either.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81707 Mar 4, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.

Back on point- unexpected pregnancies are rough. I hope teh existing kids don't get wind of it-they will make teh future sibling's life very unhappy with a couple ill placed comments.Grownups can be trusted to at least call it an oops baby
I tried a similar diet once, not as a "diet", but as part of a healthy lifestyle change. It made me miserable, but I comfort eat and having to think that much of what I should and shouldn't eat was the problem.

I'm glad it's working for you :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81708 Mar 4, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried a similar diet once, not as a "diet", but as part of a healthy lifestyle change. It made me miserable, but I comfort eat and having to think that much of what I should and shouldn't eat was the problem.
I'm glad it's working for you :)
I nibble. I have spent teh last two months eating a lot of sugar snap pease, grape tomatoes, blueberries, sliced red peppers etc

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#81709 Mar 4, 2013
My grandma has stomach cancer.:(:(:(.
She doesn't want to treat it. I don't blame her. It's just sad...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#81710 Mar 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
oh, sub.... so sorry to hear that! i missed some of your story about it over the weekend, but i know that you are fond of her... having just walked down a path like this, let me know if there is anything i can do to help or insights to share.

i missed it, where does she live?
`
and yes, i just gacked a little, myself, at how i phrased taht, but, hey, it works.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81711 Mar 4, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
(((Sub)))

That sucks and I know that being far away makes it even harder :( Are you planning a trip to see her anytime soon?
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#81712 Mar 5, 2013

Miami, FL

#81713 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Aw, Sub....
:(

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#81714 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I am so sorry. Treasure your memories.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#81715 Mar 5, 2013
Sorry to hear that Sub. I hope it's not too difficult for her not to deal with. Aw crap, even saying that sounds corny.
yeah, it sucks.
Sublime1 wrote:

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81716 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, man.

Just support her in her decision; my gram did something similar and it was liberating to her that no one fought it. It allowed her to go in *her* way.

<hug>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81717 Mar 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. I don't blame her either.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday for my final Lasik follow up, and the room was FULL of people age 70+. It made me miss all my grandparents so much, I actually teared up.

We are lucky people, those of us who got to enjoy them in to our adulthoods.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81718 Mar 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's rough - both the pregnancy and the restricted diet. Pregnancy would not have prevented her from drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, though the smell does get to many pregnant women.
It was probably a little more overwhelming for her at the end of the trip because she had such a fun adult only weekend and she now had to go back to reality.
How is her husband handling the news?
He's apparently not freaking out on the level she is. He was busy crunching numbers "We can afford it!" and all this and she's like "It's not really about the money..." But considering he was fine with just the first two, and she had to argue for the third, I'm sure he's not doing backflips or anything.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81719 Mar 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Slight ddeflection. The diet is similar to the one I have been on since the first of the year. It is not that hard and not that ascetic.
I'm thinking of trying the diet. It'd basically be what I had been doing periodically but cutting out dairy. I was totally "the fat friend" this weekend. Not that I'm ginormous, but all three of my friends are beanpoles. And at least 6 inches taller than me, which doesn't help. I could stand to drop 20.

She's going to wait until she can compose herself reasonably before telling the kids--she doesn't want them to think that's how they reacted before they were born. I know she'll embrace it, it's just going to take time.

Miami, FL

#81720 Mar 5, 2013
Where's Ang?

Miami, FL

#81721 Mar 5, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. I don't blame her either.
I went to the eye doctor yesterday for my final Lasik follow up, and the room was FULL of people age 70+. It made me miss all my grandparents so much, I actually teared up.
We are lucky people, those of us who got to enjoy them in to our adulthoods.
I have moments like this too, where I miss my grandmother so much I tear up. She lived with us for almost all of my childhood so we were really close.

Location hidden

#81722 Mar 5, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, sub.... so sorry to hear that! i missed some of your story about it over the weekend, but i know that you are fond of her... having just walked down a path like this, let me know if there is anything i can do to help or insights to share.
i missed it, where does she live?
`
and yes, i just gacked a little, myself, at how i phrased taht, but, hey, it works.
Thanks, AS. She lives up in IL not too far from my folks.

Location hidden

#81723 Mar 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Sub)))
That sucks and I know that being far away makes it even harder :( Are you planning a trip to see her anytime soon?
I will talk to Bambi tonight. I will have to go see her one more time. It is hard because Bambi works Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights and has class on Monday and Wednesday mornings. I may only be able to fly up on a Saturday and fly home on a Sunday. Her mom is coming out here at the end of the month, but I'm not sure I have that long.

I guess there is the possibility they could do some sort of surgery on her, but she doesn't want chemo or radiation. Right now we don't know if surgery is an option.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RUSH10ME 1,189,343
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Patriot AKA Bozo 51,336
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,777
Word (Dec '08) 39 min Red_Forman 5,074
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min Red_Forman 5,700
Amy 2-26-15 50 min RACE 3
Dear Abby 2-26-15 57 min RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News