“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#81582 Mar 1, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I will be working one less day a week. It really isn't going to amount to any less time, because I have work that needs to be done. Not here on Tuesday to do it? OK, I'll stay later the rest of the week to get it done, and will cut back wherever I can to adjust to the drop in pay. My beef isn't that I, personally, am feeling the impact of this. It is that the people elected to lead this country refuse to do so if it means making a decision that might cost them a vote.

As an aside, I love the baseless assumption, from both dog and Sublime in his little lecture, that I'm a democrat. Couldn't be further from the truth, and I actually have not one elected official, from local city counsel to the White House, who got there on my vote. They all did get there with a lot of votes from the public assistance crowd though, and oddly enough, they are not being hit by the sequestration at all.
I never said you were a democrat. Maybe you can work in reading comprehension skills on that one day a week you won't be working.

What you should have taken away from my little lecture is not that I thought you were a democrat, but that military budget is going to be cut in the years to come.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#81583 Mar 1, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
As an aside, I love the baseless assumption, from both dog and Sublime in his little lecture, that I'm a democrat. Couldn't be further from the truth, and I actually have not one elected official, from local city counsel to the White House, who got there on my vote. They all did get there with a lot of votes from the public assistance crowd though, and oddly enough, they are not being hit by the sequestration at all.
When I say "you," I'm referring to the collective "you," the 51% who re-elected this bozo. I figured you were conservative because the military mostly remains a conservative organization (how many liberals are willing to pick up a gun and fight?) It's also why I feel that forcing the military to accept openly gay people is a bad decision. You can make all the policy you want, but put a flaming gay man in a squadron of hard-core conservative marines and watch what happens. Also why I feel the military is no place for gays. You're actually causing them more harm than good.

Anyway... I took issue with your misunderstanding of this so-called "sequestration." Obama is trying to lay all the blame on Republicans, and people are actually buying into it. What they don't know, is Bammy ONLY wants to raise taxes and not cut ANYTHING. He already raised our taxes the first of the year. Now he wants to raise them again. Thankfully, the Republicans are refusing another tax increase on already suffering Americans and instead are saying cutting back on FUTURE spending is the way to go. Obozo will have none of it. It's his way or the highway.

Hell, he released thousands of illegal immigrants headed for deportation as a way to give the finger to Republicans for not letting him have his way!

This man is dangerous, he's the cause of our current financial situation, and by all rights should be impeached! But no, he'll continue to lie to the American people and say the Republicans just aren't willing to "compromise." Bammy is the one refusing to compromise. He refused on the fiscal cliff, and he's refusing on the sequester.

Welcome to Obama's America.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#81584 Mar 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Handicapped adults. Mentally challenged adults. Low-income senior citizens. Their programs continue to get slashed.
Hmmm... and who's our president, again??

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#81585 Mar 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lots of people are being hurt. Handicapped adults. Mentally challenged adults. Low-income senior citizens. Their programs continue to get slashed.
Who is more needy of government assistance, the people you mention above or some working age person making up to 80k a year receiving obamacare subsidies?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81586 Mar 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMFreakingGosh:
http://extremesandbox.com/
Caterpillar's headquarters is in Peoria IL. When I was in college studying landscape architecture, we were invited to their field demonstration site. Trained operators did stuff like this . Some of it was coordinated and looked like dinosaurs doing ballet moves. Really impressive.

But Cheese Louise, the danger to the operators!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81587 Mar 1, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks PE! That Asphalt Orchestra looks like something I'd enjoy.
The description sounds phenomonal. Tickets were ranging from $18 to 26 depending on the show, less for students.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#81588 Mar 1, 2013
My soon to be 93 year old grandma (ive mentioned her before ... shes polish) is in the hospital. She's losing blood and they had to give her some.

They scoped her and she has an ulcer ... Hopefully that's the source and they can treat it. They aren't sure right now.

Shes been crying saying she doesn't want to leave everyone. She's still mentally sharp and as sharp as a tack.

I just got off the phone with her and she said I keep asking god for just a little more time and I think he hears me. She's so sweet and it was nice to hear her voice.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81589 Mar 1, 2013
1. The sequestration was voted by BOTH R's and D's
2. Y2K! Y2K! Y2K! Oh, never mind.
3. The social service programs are the ones which the Tea Party Republicans most want to cut.
4. Are there Tea Party Democrats? If so, who?
5. There is government waste; there are overlapping departments; everyone is protecting their own turf, power, prestige.
6. There is as much waste in places like defense contracts as there is in ACAct stuff.
7. I am most worried about FDA inspectors of meat and eggs, air traffic controllers, Center for Disease Control
8.Y2K! Y2K!, oh yeah, right

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81590 Mar 1, 2013
Rush has a concert date in Chicago in June , I think. We could have a regs confernece.

(Just something equally scary to take your mind off sequestration)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81591 Mar 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Rush has a concert date in Chicago in June , I think. We could have a regs confernece.
(Just something equally scary to take your mind off sequestration)
Maybe a Race & Mimi conference. I'll opt to hit Chicago for Pearl Jam at Wrigley field. I'll let Sam sneak me in and I'll report back to Race on whether or not her friends are transvestites. What do you say Sam? I just need to see enough give an accurate report.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81592 Mar 1, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
My soon to be 93 year old grandma (ive mentioned her before ... shes polish) is in the hospital. She's losing blood and they had to give her some.

They scoped her and she has an ulcer ... Hopefully that's the source and they can treat it. They aren't sure right now.

Shes been crying saying she doesn't want to leave everyone. She's still mentally sharp and as sharp as a tack.

I just got off the phone with her and she said I keep asking god for just a little more time and I think he hears me. She's so sweet and it was nice to hear her voice.
:( I hope that talking to you gave her some peace and comfort.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#81593 Mar 1, 2013
Just got home from my friend's birthday dinner/night out... Great girls night.

Tomorrow night I save face with my favorite bartender!

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#81594 Mar 1, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>:( I hope that talking to you gave her some peace and comfort.
Ohh, I don't know if I am capable of giving her comfort and peace. She was happy to hear from me, and I told her I love her and she did the same. She's been getting a lot of visitors. She's adored by my family. She's a very special lady.

I don't see her much anymore, since I moved away and physically she slowed down once she hit about 87 and doesn't care to leave her house anymore. Before that she could keep up with the best of them and traveled the world with my folks and when she wasn't doing that would stay with them at their home for weeks at a time. So I saw her a lot.

If you can imagine a perfect, loving grandma, thats her. She took care of me when I had chicken pox. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. When we were younger and visited shed always ask what we wanted her to cook for us. I have a lot of good memories with her. Good soul.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81595 Mar 2, 2013
Today is (was) Dr. Seuss's birthday. I love that he wrote books specifically to encourage children to read. I pretty much hate everything I know about Theodor Geisel (his real name) as a real person.

I am going to compartmentalize today, for my boys' sakes. The schools make a huge deal about Dr. Seuss's birthday and use it in conjunction with Read Across America day.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81596 Mar 2, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81597 Mar 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TDERJ9J05OPL450CG#lastPos t
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TMTRR76E6J...

Amy 3-2

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81598 Mar 2, 2013
Typing on my new computer, waiting for delivery of y new stove, monitring the poor ktten so she doesn't undo her cone of shame and lic her spay incision, cleaning house.

Ah, Saturday

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#81599 Mar 2, 2013
Abbers:

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TDERJ9J05O...

Thanks Pel! You did such a good job, I'm going to sit back and wait for Amy too.
;)

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#81600 Mar 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, I don't know if I am capable of giving her comfort and peace. She was happy to hear from me, and I told her I love her and she did the same. She's been getting a lot of visitors. She's adored by my family. She's a very special lady.
I don't see her much anymore, since I moved away and physically she slowed down once she hit about 87 and doesn't care to leave her house anymore. Before that she could keep up with the best of them and traveled the world with my folks and when she wasn't doing that would stay with them at their home for weeks at a time. So I saw her a lot.
If you can imagine a perfect, loving grandma, thats her. She took care of me when I had chicken pox. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. When we were younger and visited shed always ask what we wanted her to cook for us. I have a lot of good memories with her. Good soul.
by talking to her, you are bringing her comfort and peace. my grandmother told one of her nurses in her last 12 hours that i was a good lady, i think because i came to visit as muhc as i did.

keep calling her and talking about the good memories, both with her and with others.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81601 Mar 2, 2013
AS, did you get your pictures today? You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,126,768
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,400
Abby 10-23-14 7 min PEllen 6
Abby 10-24 7 min Pippa 12
Amy 10-24 10 min PEllen 7
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min TRD 68,659
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 50,630
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago